Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:18:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 02:49:01 AM

I0Coin ought to do pretty well too, no japanese name but like bitcoin it is less coins per block over time, but unlike IXCoin it will keep making a few coins a block for a long time yet.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:16:14 AM

I0Coin ought to do pretty well too, no japanese name but like bitcoin it is less coins per block over time, but unlike IXCoin it will keep making a few coins a block for a long time yet.

-MarkM-

Perfect.  See, now we can find out if people really care about the coin which has more coins to mine (past 2015) or for ixCoin even though they will stop mining in 2015.

We will see which coin appreciates faster from here, cause so far ixCoin has been valued at 2-3 times more than i0Coin.  If I'm right then ixCoin should accelerate upwards at a much faster rate than i0Coin.

The reasons I wouldn't risk anything on i0Coin over ixCoin is that i0Coin had died 2 or 3 different times and its hard to sell a currency with that kind of history as the next great coin so no smart money will waste their time when you have other better coins and then the name.  I0 looks wrong and sounds even more wrong. 

These 2 flaws are deal breakers in my option but if one is not sure then I guess it doesn't hurt to diversify.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
tazman

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:18:23 AM

(1)The merge miners obviously are selling when they can.

(2)If this coin doesn't get updated pronto, then it'll continue to get very little respect.  

(3)Yes, it is obvious that there isn't enough coin to go around.

(4)The coin needs to be on a bigger exchange to grow.  Vircurex and Cryptsy are small exchanges.  Someone may need to pay some bounty to get it on an big exchange like BTC-E or MCXNow.

I'm still in for the 10,000 IXC bounty I offered on page 1, as long as we don't change the 21 million coin cap.  I don't think that should ever change.  It's the same cap as bitcoin, which is doing just fine.   "there isn't enough coin to go around" is actually good if we want the price to rise.

FrictionlessCoin, your effort is actually very much appreciated.  It's been over two years since someone stepped up to do an update.  But, when someone starts talking about protocol changes it makes people nervous.  Many have been mining the coin for over 2.5 years and the wrong change could spell disaster.  

I think the main reason Ixcoin has lagged on volume and price is that no client updates have occurred in so long people wonder about its future, and of course no services yet to speak of, but those will come with time.  I don't think it has lagged because of the cap or even the block reward ending in 2015.  

I'm not as against extending the block reward beyond 2015 (by lowering it), but I'm ok with leaving it alone.  No one really knows what will happen to the hash rate once the block reward stops, but I'm optimistic it will remain strong.  Everyone who has mined for years has an incentive to keep mining, and I don't see enough dumping to convince me the miners are offloading that much.  We're also already seeing some transaction fees similar to bitcoin, so miners appear to be preparing for no block reward.  

What Ixcoin has always had going for it is a massive hash rate.  It's always been in 3rd or 4th place even after 100+ alt-coins came on the scene.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  It also has a very steady 10,000 transactions per month ( cryptometer.org ).  That's well above the transactions on the two exchanges, so someone is using it for more than just speculation.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:19:28 AM

Only problem IXC isn't any "closer" to Bitcoin than any other altcoin.  Period.  IoC as pointless as it is, is "closer" to Bitcoin.  Hell just about any SHA256 based coin is "closer".   Being closer is worthless but even if it wasn't IXC still doesn't fit the profile.

But you go buy your coins based on features and services and all the bullshit tech jargon nobody in this world will care about and I will continue with my investment theiries cause so far I've kicked all your asses in my predictions and I have made what seemed like impossible poredictions.

Funny guy. I mined and held Bitcoins when they were $2 ea.  They probably cost me closer to $0.80 in produce.  So keep on kicking asses.

Oh yeah, post a pic of your buys from way back then and a pic showing you didn't sell.  I did.

Cause I don't believe you for a second, I think you sold most of them and the fact you've been here from nearly day 1 and you don't see what's really happening is pretty sad.

It won't take more than 1-3 months to prove if I'm right once again.  And I can't wait to see the way you bend your statements then to fit the new reality.

I hope you at least give me the benefit of the doubt and at least bought yourself $50 worth of ixCoin.

Good luck!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:20:41 AM

(2)If this coin doesn't get updated pronto, then it'll continue to get very little respect.  

(4)The coin needs to be on a bigger exchange to grow.  Vircurex and Cryptsy are small exchanges.  Someone may need to pay some bounty to get it on an big exchange like BTC-E or MCXNow.

I'm still in for the 10,000 IXC bounty I offered on page 1, as long as we don't change the 21 million coin cap.  I don't think that should ever change.  It's the same cap as bitcoin, which is doing just fine.   "there isn't enough coin to go around" is actually good if we want the price to rise.

FrictionlessCoin, your effort is actually very much appreciated.  It's been over two years since someone stepped up to do an update.  But, when someone starts talking about protocol changes it makes people nervous.  Many have been mining the coin for over 2.5 years and the wrong change could spell disaster.  

I think the main reason Ixcoin has lagged on volume and price is that no client updates have occurred in so long people wonder about its future, and of course no services yet to speak of, but those will come with time.  I don't think it has lagged because of the cap or even the block reward ending in 2015.  

I'm not as against extending the block reward beyond 2015 (by lowering it), but I'm ok with leaving it alone.  No one really knows what will happen to the hash rate once the block reward stops, but I'm optimistic it will remain strong.  Everyone who has mined for years has an incentive to keep mining, and I don't see enough dumping to convince me the miners are offloading that much.  We're also already seeing some transaction fees similar to bitcoin, so miners appear to be preparing for no block reward.  

What Ixcoin has always had going for it is a massive hash rate.  It's always been in 3rd or 4th place even after 100+ alt-coins came on the scene.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  It also has a very steady 10,000 transactions per month ( cryptometer.org ).  That's well above the transactions on the two exchanges, so someone is using it for more than just speculation.

Thank God you agree with me man.

I too agree we should not mess with the protocol at all:  leave the hard cap alone, allow ixCoin to keep as many similarities to Bitcoin as possible.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:56:41 AM

-MarkM-

THe main difference (at this time) is that iXcoin does have the same Ghash rate (due to lack of adoption by big pools).

What I am arguing here is that iXcoin will go up because of its high giga hash rate.  Have you seen the difficulty charts?  You cannot mine iXcoin profitabiy.  The only way to realistically acquire iXcoin is to buy it!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:04:38 AM

Tazman.... good you highlight the position of iXcoin in the hash rate scene.

Obviously it is undervalued.  Now that we are very close to release an *UPDATED* state of the art implementation, the price should rocket.

So thanks for your commitment to this coin!   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:08:24 AM

The fact that a lot of miners/pools do not bother to merged mine all the coins that they can simply means that the coins they are still ignoring are the great opportunities for those who do merge them. It is pretty obvious that leaving coins on the table, so to speak, is silly, but as logn as most people do not yet see how silly it is they are awesome opportunities for those who do take the trouble to pick up all those "free" coins while they are easy to pick up.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:08:41 AM

]

Thank God you agree with me man.

I too agree we should not mess with the protocol at all:  leave the hard cap alone, allow ixCoin to keep as many similarities to Bitcoin as possible.
[/quote]

Well, do me a favor and make a similar commitment for a bounty on the updated client!

If you want investors to make a long term investment, you have got show some serious commitment to ongoing development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:13:41 AM

Yeah but why the big hurry? The higher it goes the more pools will add it to their merge so the higher the difficulty will go so it will get harder to mine! We only hve so many months to mine new coins, why make it harder any sooner than we have to? Smiley

I0Coin, fortunately, has not been added to their merge yet by as many poosl as IXCoin has, so it is easier to mine. But, it gives way the heck less coins per block so even I0Coin is getting to be a bit late to mine a lot of now.

Really the best times with all these coins was back before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. Getting kind of late now for them I guess. So maybe you are right, too late to get them easy so might as well accept the fact the quick and easy times for them have gone and now is the time to be thankful you did manage to pick some up while picking them up was easy...

-MarkM-

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:15:05 AM

Still importing the block chain with the new 0.8.5 client.  Here's a capture:

./ixcoind -datadir=data getinfo
{
    "version" : 80501,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 174187,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 172013607.13949770,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1385326473,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:16:53 AM

Only one connection? That seems very bad for Ixcoin, it should be able to get its full 8 even if you dont have an incoming port open...

-MarkM-

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:22:36 AM

Folks...

(1) We have the giga hash rate... #4 at this time.
(2) An up to date client (v 0.8.5) which will allow for more sophisticated clients like Armory.

However, if you want this to really explode... you need liquidity.

(3) Start lobbying the bigger exchanges like BTC-E and MCXNow.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:24:51 AM

Only one connection? That seems very bad for Ixcoin, it should be able to get its full 8 even if you dont have an incoming port open...

-MarkM-

Yeah...  I was scratching my head on that one too.

I also had to manually set the add node since the seeds in the code weren't available!

Talk about neglect!!!

If folks want to make money in this, they've got to pay their dues.  We need permanent nodes!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:30:01 AM

./ixcoind -datadir=data listaccounts
{
    "" : 0.00000000,
    "development" : 0.00000000
}

send me something, anything!

xafY3B4znrehB7amxxusiXgqfH68bT3C53

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 05:11:21 AM

dvcstable01.dvcnode.org should have ixcoin running 24/7 with incoming port open.

But if you're going to put it in code, you might as well put dvcstable02 and dvcstable06 too in case I end up moving it from one server to another. (For example when I upgrade 01 and 02 to Fedora 19 from the Fedora 17 those two are running right now.)

-MarkM-

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:31:01 AM

{
}

Okay... transaction received:

./ixcoind -datadir=data listtransactions
[
    {
        "account" : "development",
        "address" : "xafY3B4znrehB7amxxusiXgqfH68bT3C53",
        "category" : "receive",
        "amount" : 0.99900000,
        "confirmations" : 0,
        "txid" : "a3e03a5ebba9c78c3acf2648576d42fba91fdab69937252ad08457d6994de699",
        "time" : 1385356865,
        "timereceived" : 1385356865
    }
]

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 05:43:33 AM

So is that the latest I0Coin code, with I0Coin crossed out and IXCoin written in instead along with IXCoin's reward schedle ports IRC channel etc?

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:34:54 AM

IxCoin just popped another ~40%.

Many coins are going up (due to a massive influx of new capital) but ixCoin is really tearing it up (right on time and exactly how I've been predicting and in the timeframe I predicted of 30 to 90 days).

And by comparison, look at i0Coin, essentially same coin yet it has hardly gone up.  The gap is getting much wider in fact which makes no sense if you're looking, like most, at the code and code upgrades and hard cap and protocol and other such irrelevant things which is exactly what I've been saying:  you techies have it all wrong in regards to what the masses and investors will look for when buying a coin.

So maybe Death and Taxes and other haters on here can now admit they were totally wrong about ixCoin or do you guys wanna wait a few more weeks for $1.

Once again, for the dense population:  I expect ixCoin to go to ~$10 in the next 30-90 days.

Please do remember how ridiculous, impossible and absurd such a prediction was when I first made it some 1 week ago when ixCoin was just 2 cents.

Cause many of you haters mock and hate and then after the fact come out and act like my impossible predictions were no big deal and you knew it all along.  I find those people to be the most despicable haters of the bunch.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:04:25 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 11:23:21 AM by FrictionlessCoin

{
}

Thanks for sending me some change to test the 0.8.5 version of the coin:

./ixcoind -datadir=data listtransactions
[
    {
        "amount" : 0.99900000,
        "confirmations" : 46,
        "blockhash" : "674d3ba89a77fb8716465e50ea7e61e4822eee289d7f35928d4ddb3329e16d15",
        "blockindex" : 1,
        "blocktime" : 1385356862,
        "txid" : "a3e03a5ebba9c78c3acf2648576d42fba91fdab69937252ad08457d6994de699",
        "time" : 1385356865,
        "timereceived" : 1385356865
    },
    {
        "amount" : 9.99900000,
        "confirmations" : 38,
        "blockhash" : "000d0c5f2fe31979cdd49f7fdf3f777599444e92df7a85037d0d265931afd176",
        "blockindex" : 1,
        "blocktime" : 1385359503,
        "txid" : "6e8e4ccdebcf10986a3be4c6613a2b59db8846c872267a2a6c51f3860d0e9fac",
        "time" : 1385359503,
        "timereceived" : 1385377214
    }
]

Community, your current stingy-nest continues to amaze!

Anyway, I'm going to slog on here regardless!  Next steps:

Creating the QT clients - Windows, MacOSX and Ubuntu.
Setting up permanent seed nodes - I want to purchase 2 x 2 year contracts for digitalocean droplets for 2 permanent nodes until 2015.   I will need contributions for this,  cost is $5 per month per node,  that is $60 per year for a total of $120.   So if I can sell IXC for $.1 today,   I will then need 1,200 IXC for this.  Could some one set up the contribution pool for this and I will set up the droplets?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: