Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7288 times)
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:54:55 AM

Yes, holding a large amount of bitcoin can cause fear. Of course all of the bitcoin holders are scared of getting their bitcoin stolen. But their identity is more important. Identity thefts are a large threat ro bitcoin users. They can get their belongings or important details in life get stolen. They can get their bank accounts and wallet addresses which is really scary. The price fluctuation is not a thing to be scared about because the price of bitcoin will still rise and that is a good sign for bitcoin holders.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:03:36 AM

My greatest fear would be for bitcoin to become worthless. All of us are holding it because of its high value and the possibility of it to be higher in the future but then maybe a fortuitous event would make its value lesser and eventually be worthless. A sudden block of our country to the crypto sites is my fear as well and the banning of cryptocurrency in general because this would also mean that my coin would be worthless if I can't access it or even cash it out. I am still pretty confident right now that it is unlikely to happen in our country because our government has a positive view of bitcoin and just issued a warning to the people to be vigilant but they did not state directly that we aren't allowed to transact it.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:17:25 AM

My greatest fear is shutting down bitcoin exchanges in my country or making illegal to use bitcoin in my country because recently my country has banned some of the Currency which people using in one day without any information. Even small news about bitcoin regulation in my country making me to tense.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:21:21 AM

My greatest fear is when bitcoin will turned into dust, no value. And all our investments will turn into nothing, There is still a very low possibility that it might happen in the near future. I just hope this will never happen.

saedasda

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:25:39 AM

My greatest fear is when someone hack my bitcoin or maybe my country will ban bitcoin thats is my biggest fear

wisdomcn

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:29:45 AM

My fear is in two ways 1. America Government to be against bitcoin and Hackers that are moving to-and-flow sicking wallets to break into and show their stealing talent. As for the price of bitcoin to fall bellow $3000/BTC is sees it as impossible, because bitcoin awareness is getting viral and more people are investing which will keep the price to keep go up.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:58:11 AM

My fear is in two ways 1. America Government to be against bitcoin and Hackers that are moving to-and-flow sicking wallets to break into and show their stealing talent. As for the price of bitcoin to fall bellow $3000/BTC is sees it as impossible, because bitcoin awareness is getting viral and more people are investing which will keep the price to keep go up.
well as a bitcoin holder the greatest fear in when the bitcoin lose its value or maybe the price  will going to 0 and the bitcoin will shutdown and cant recover.because that was really a verry terefying moment .i believe if the bitcoin has its price  even a small amount in can rise high that is why theres nothing to be fair .but its price  will going to shutdown that was really fear.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:21:46 AM

My greatest fear about holding bitcoins is that when time comes that its value will become so much expensive and that I cannot cash out my earnings and developers of online wallets hacked my account. I'm afraid that because of high appreciation of bitcoin people will do everything even illegal things just to earn bitcoin and the market of bitcoin will crashed and devastated.
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:43:00 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

The dropping of the price is quite risky also but just minimal since dropping price signifies high supply vs. the demand. So it gives a chance to buy more bitcoin in that case.
Another is the possible government regulations thay may hamper the processes or bitcoin usage.
As stated above the hacking of accounts. We know that cryptocurrencies are manipulated by humans then its possible that they may also hack accounts.
And lastly, I guess the volume of people using it is unstoppable. Just wondering if in the future the number of millionaires or billionaires will arise. The world better prepare.

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:43:58 AM

I worry about security, security is my main concern when I store bitcoin. There are many cases of bitcoin lost due to the security problems. The second thing is that I am affraid that bitcoin holders will be put in jail by government. Bitcoin holders are treated as criminals. That is what' am affraid. if the government shut exchangers, I am still able to seek other ways to turn bitcoin into cash but when govt treats bitcoin holders as criminals, that's the biggest problem.
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 12:13:05 PM

I don't know what other have fears , but my biggest fear as a bitcoin holder is its price as it is continuously fluctuating and i am always worried about my lose if the price goes down, But for now i am very happy because the price is increasing.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:14:08 PM

I think my biggest fear is that there is always the possibility that somebody may steal my BTC no matter how much taking care of security.Hackers have new methods each day and we must always be a step ahead of them.

There is also fear that that something very bad will happen and that price fall very low,but that's always a risk with BTC.One day you wake up and see price of 7000$,next day it may be 10000$ or 1000$.I think the greatest danger comes from the governments,they will try in every possible way to control BTC,and I think they have mechanisms to create great problems for us if they wish.
mostly indeed people would fear their investment went wrong into a huge loss instead get a lot of profit , buy 1 bitcoin at $7,200 sell it at $6,900 , buy again at $7,000 sell it at $6,500 and so on until your whole bankroll gone. but don't worry when that moment happened , you just need to be more patient . keep in mind you should put the money in bitcoin that you can really afford it considering bitcoin have a high risk.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:21:18 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

I think that the greatest fear that I have thought is when I lost my bitcoin because of the hacker or scammer who stole it, also if the bitcoin price will drop down. Most of the people or users may feel the same way if their bitcoin will be hacked by someone else and they will never be recovered it anymore if that happens we must remain calm and not to panicked because if that will happen the situation will go worst.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:21:37 PM

I don't know what other have fears , but my biggest fear as a bitcoin holder is its price as it is continuously fluctuating and i am always worried about my lose if the price goes down, But for now i am very happy because the price is increasing.
For now bitcoin holders would be very happy with the rapid growth in price due to the coming event but a certain price dump or fluctuation would definitely happen after that. People will be left having a dilemma on holding or sell it already and buy once again when the price is low. But since no-one know what will after that event then they will not know when to sell and left being surprise of a certain dump or something.
For me, the greatest fear of every bitcoin holders is they're feelings.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:33:23 PM

The only and greatest fear that I have with bitcoin is the fact that it may completely fluctuate. When it does all the bitcoin that I have will completely become worthless as well. So, hopefully it will become more successful.

planewhat

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:35:27 PM

My top 3:
#1 That someone might steal my bitcoins through use of a remote access tool or such.
#2 That bitcoin will die (much more unlikely.)
#3 That my local coffee shop will stop taking bitcoin as a payment option.  (Doesn't really matter,  but it's nice to be able to pay with btc.)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:56:50 PM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is inability to cash out my bitcoins.
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:57:53 PM

Guys, if you are afraid that your bitcoins will be useless after your death, read about smart contracts. It's a perfect solution.
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:02:05 PM

1. That it will reach 10k and above and I still be waiting for a good time to buy some
2. That it will hit bottom after I buy some  Grin

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Ben-carson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:08:04 PM

My biggest fear at the moment is if quantum computing becomes mainstream and hacking the network becomes ordinary.
Am sure then, bitcoin can become worthless as investors shall fear bitcoin.

Be good, do good, make better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: