Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:42:48 PM

One of my fears is that I wake up one day and I find out that Bitcoin is back down to 100 USD.
It will be really a disaster in the crypto economy but everything is possible. According to some studies which says that crypto is temporary and will not last like real currencies.
Also my second fear is that I find out that I am hacked and lost all the amount that I have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:51:48 PM

Got hacked or deceived are the two main fears that I have as a bitcoin holder. I can't use bitcoin directly to buy stuffs and things, I have to convert it into fiat which mean I have to send my bitcoin to exchanger. I don't know what will happen if one day the exchanger will run away with my money.

ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:58:44 PM

what am I afraid of? none at all. I'm very optimistic about the future of bitcoin, let's remember how the internet was first discovered. yes, no one thinks it. but look now, that's what will happen to bitcoin later.

Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:08:36 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

The only thing I an afraid of is being hacked and losses my account. Like seriously. That's why I am very careful in using bitcoin nowadays and I never look up any url that were sent to me by the people I don't trust because who knows what will happen to my computer if I ever click those links.
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 809

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:20:48 PM

i have no fears about holding bitcoin long term. I guess my biggest concern would be selling too early. Like selling too much at $100k and then it goes to $500k
super5star

Activity: 313

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:26:14 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

My biggest fear on bitcoins is when it totally losses its value, because all of my hard works will end up into nothing as in zero if that happen. Imagine all those tears that I've work to gain bitcoins, I trade I do signature and bounty campaign and twitter campaigns also just to gain a lot of bitcoins because it is a great source of money. And if that will become worthless I will start from scratch because all of my money are in there. And also when bitcoins will be banned in oir country what I dont know how will I handle that kind of stuffs because this keeps me financially stable.
Well it is hard to decide to answer which of your fear, all what needed is to be sure that bitcoin will not lose its price, don't get scared because people are favoring it due to the ease and comfort it is providing  to them, making them able to be rich in very short time, secondly if your country bans it don't be worried soon they will lift it because they know bitcoin is the only source for unemployed people to earn and meet their financial needs
aml007

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

I agree with one of the previous comments, selling too early is the biggest fear, it’s the what could of been that will haunt you.
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:32:06 AM

Actually you have a point, but for me the biggest risk of a bitcoin holder is the price or value of the bitcoin because it is always changing sometimes it will go up and sometimes it go down.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:35:58 AM

The only common fear as Bitcoin holder or investor is when Bitcoin will have no value at all. You're investing a lot of money from the start and ends up nothing. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are intangible and stored into intangible wallets so the volatility is very high. If happens to be hackers can penetrate all ledgers in the world at once then Bitcoin will be doomed.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

I agree with one of the previous comments, selling too early is the biggest fear, it’s the what could of been that will haunt you.

Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto said to his white paper that Bitcoin will have a value of $100k as it's peak so when you sell it when the value is low the you'll be hurt because you're giving up the only thing that could make you rich in the future.
Bitcoin volatility is very high but people are still using it so there's no need to worry about Bitcoin price will drop continuously.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:17:07 PM

My greatest fear is security breaches. Also if it delves off expectation towards the negative then that would be even much greater.
Well I would like to say that don’t be afraid of the lose and the bitcoin is now being very safe and the best currency I can see how fast the bitcoin is getting secure and the safe bitcoin. I can see the bitcoin has a lot of the wallets and this is the best thing to have the bitcoin at the same time. Bitcoin is the secret as much as we want and it is the money saving resource as well for a lot of the people.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:21:38 PM

I agree with what you have pointed out earlier regarding hacking and scams. Indeed, these, to me, remain to be the top two greatest fears I have as a Bitcoin holder. Imagine ever waking up one day knowing that you can no longer access your account because it has been hacked by someone else? With that, you lose whatever Bitcoins you have because your Bitcoin wallet has been zeroed. Perhaps, as we all know, we invest at our own risks because there are no rules and regulations as regards our Bitcoins.
coinoberg

Activity: 105

Get your share of the future

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:41:17 PM

The only thing I an afraid of is being hacked and losses my account. Like seriously. That's why I am very careful in using bitcoin nowadays and I never look up any url that were sent to me by the people I don't trust because who knows what will happen to my computer if I ever click those links.

I'm also afraid of being hacked. some of my friends wallets have been hacked and it increased my fear.

Rosberger

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:44:20 PM

The fear of every bitcoin holder is that you wake up one day and see that bitcoin is not worth anything. This would give some people heart attacks because they have invested in btc a lot.

This is also one of my fear for bitcoin. It is unstable but yet profitable.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:46:58 PM

the fear when holding bitcoin is when bitcoin no longer has the selling price and bitcoin is not in the interest of everyone, that's what I fear when having bitcoin because it can make the price plummet to be very cheap and cause a lot of losses, I hope it is not will occur.
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:17:14 PM

I think, the main risk of holding bitcoins is getting your wallet compromised. Well it can be easily avoided, we just need to be careful every time. Other thing is when price is crashing, it's really a bad feeling when you watch your money's value decrease by a large amount.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
panganib999

Activity: 1722
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.
If you are going to convert your Bitcoin into dollar for you to cash it out , one problem you may experience is finding a suitable exchanger and wallet for you to have a transactions for it. But it is easy if you are going to learn how to trade for you to know each steps of transaction for you to calculate at the same take your profit and earning every time you mange to deal with your target price and perspective value to transaction on.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:29:49 PM

I am a bitcoin holder and I got some negative comments often from some bitcoin haters.Firstly, bitcoin can be dead at any time.I don't know why people said this but it's not a good thing.Secondly, government has banned bitcoin so if I found using bitcoin then government can send me to jail and It's really the greatest fears of mine as a bitcoin holder.Thirdly,I have seen many people who's bitcoin wallet is hacked by anyhow and I really sacred about it.I stored about 3BTC by my hard work and I really can't afford to lose it.

hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:37:16 PM

I am a bitcoin holder and I got some negative comments often from some bitcoin haters.Firstly, bitcoin can be dead at any time.I don't know why people said this but it's not a good thing.Secondly, government has banned bitcoin so if I found using bitcoin then government can send me to jail and It's really the greatest fears of mine as a bitcoin holder.Thirdly,I have seen many people who's bitcoin wallet is hacked by anyhow and I really sacred about it.I stored about 3BTC by my hard work and I really can't afford to lose it.

Yes, I agree with you. I don't afraid of bitcoin dead. It can't happen. But I'm scare of illegal. If Government quods Bitcoin holder, that's terrible for me.

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
Theupgrade

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:16:24 PM

Interesting how people have all these fears when it comes to bitcoin but trust the monopoly money they use everyday. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: