Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:22:50 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.

Well thats true, we cannot predict the sales of the tokens but for me I am really afraid if I once hold and the price itself was continuously dumping, I encounter it already to my classmate they immediately convert their bitcoin to our local money since they are afraid thwy may lose more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:46:06 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
As a bitcoin holder, there are two big factors that really scare me and that are scammers / scam and hackers/ hacking. Anything can happen if we dont take extra care with our bitcoin. Another thing that i fear as a bitcoin holder is that it might have serious problem like having trouble in cashing out. Also my fear is that this bitcoin will be shutdown and we bitcoiners dont want that to happen right? So let us just be extra alert and aware so that we can overcome this fears
deviant99

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

We all know that even bitcoin has the secured transactions, I kept worrying because maybe one day all my hardworks to keep my bitcoin will all be gone because of scammers and any people who planned to pull down the bitcoin. Also im afraid that the government will start to banned bitcoin in different countries.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cloudbleron18

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

my greatest fear as a bitcoiner is i lost my private key thats the most important to my bitcoin because if i lost that i ever didn't get my bitcoin

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:48:57 PM

my greatest fear as a bitcoiner is i lost my private key thats the most important to my bitcoin because if i lost that i ever didn't get my bitcoin
Yes, I totally agree with you. The biggest fear is that you lose your key or your account is hacked by hackers
Teemotje

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:51:58 PM

Yes, I totally agree with you. The biggest fear is that you lose your key or your account is hacked by hackers

That is from nearly everyone, because no one wants to lose his key or to be hacked by hackers. You have worked very hard for those coins so it would be very sad to lose them all.

One of my fear is also that bitcoin will lose all of his value in one day.
uniquefighter

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

We all know that even bitcoin has the secured transactions, I kept worrying because maybe one day all my hardworks to keep my bitcoin will all be gone because of scammers and any people who planned to pull down the bitcoin. Also im afraid that the government will start to banned bitcoin in different countries.
What I fear is that most countries in the world unite to suppress bitcoin, and if that happens, bitcoin will be destroyed. But I do not believe that one country will truly unite other countries. But the influence of hackers on bitcoin is far too small for national power.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:57:30 PM

Actually i am not fear as a bitcoin holder because bitcoin is instrument of investment for me, i know about the risk losing because of investment in the bitcoin and cryptos currencies and i am ready to losing all of my money in the bitcoin. But as human i have feel worry the bitcoin in the future will be losing the values and there are no people who invest their money in bitcoin and i am worry if bitcoin be banned by my government, it will makes me come back to traditional investment to stocks markets and i don't like it because i can take full control of my investment.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:59:43 PM

I think, the main risk of holding bitcoins is getting your wallet compromised. Well it can be easily avoided, we just need to be careful every time. Other thing is to lost password for my wallet
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:28:12 PM

there are only two things which i fear in bitcoin which are hackers and not being able to sell my btc. hackers are everywhere in the world today, looking for better ways to steal btc from people thats why one has to be extremely careful with your bitcoin.
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:50:21 AM

what I think about bitcoin is when the time comes, bitcoin will be at a very low value If this happens, we will suffer about the price issue in it. But for now it is impossible to come.
Yazrielle

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:55:44 AM

All bitcoin holders fears is someone will hack theyre wallet and a scammers who fooling people. Some are fears is one day bitcoin's value will dump in a very low price. We have different fears as a bitcoin holders especially to those who invest in it.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:01:26 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is if they shutdown the bitcoin. Maybe government could or other people that professional when it comes in digital cryptocurrency. Aside from that I'm afraid to be hacked and scammed by somebody that's why I am very careful to each decision I will make to my bitcoins.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:05:51 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is if they shutdown the bitcoin. Maybe government could or other people that professional when it comes in digital cryptocurrency. Aside from that I'm afraid to be hacked and scammed by somebody that's why I am very careful to each decision I will make to my bitcoins.
I doesn't have the fear that they shut down, because this has got importance to go mainstream news on several new portals. When it comes to security, it has got good features but hackers even overcome through several techniques and scams with the name of bitcoin keeps on increasing. We're supposed to segregate and invest on the right one.

wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

Of course being hacked and scammed by someone might be my biggest fear of all but we know that all the holders fears that someday bitcoin will fail and go back to zero even that we know that it won't happen at all but now it is my biggest fear right now.

jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:06:40 AM

That is the main thing that bitcoin users could be afraid for if they are currently holding bitcoin. It is a big fact that bitcoin experience so much development and growth in regards to its price and value on the market, yet this is not enough for the high security it needed for it to be secure enough for many transaction users could have. I think the development of bitcoin also depends on us because if we will continue to be a part of bitcoin and support t until it reaches its  security development and changes on transaction wise , it could also be a part of our daily means of transaction for a better form of investments and tradings.
JohnHero

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:14:47 AM

Of course being hacked and scammed by someone might be my biggest fear of all but we know that all the holders fears that someday bitcoin will fail and go back to zero even that we know that it won't happen at all but now it is my biggest fear right now.

You can get rid of the hacking fear by being a little coutious. I mean, who has 1.000.000$ and just doesn't give a shit about it's security? Keep an extra computer just for  buying coins or something. And use anti-virus.
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:21:16 AM

At the moment, most of the money that  have are all invested into bitcoins so my biggest fear is that when and if in case the value comes crashing down, I am going to lose a lot of money, Even though i am making money with bitcoins, I am kinda scared about the way and manner that it's value has been rising recently.

Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:25:04 AM

As a coin holder these maybe are my greatest fears:

1. Government overtaking and imposing regulations and completely banning the cryptocurrency.
2. Those whales who are controlling well enough to extremely bring a coin at its highest to its deepest position.
3. Hackers and Scammers are the nightmare of all coin believers.Too sad its their way of filling their bags up.

Well, we all know this is risky and we all decided to take it. So, brace yourself and let us see how far this may take us.
lifengpu

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:29:02 AM

As a coin holder these maybe are my greatest fears:

1. Government overtaking and imposing regulations and completely banning the cryptocurrency.
2. Those whales who are controlling well enough to extremely bring a coin at its highest to its deepest position.
3. Hackers and Scammers are the nightmare of all coin believers.Too sad its their way of filling their bags up.

Well, we all know this is risky and we all decided to take it. So, brace yourself and let us see how far this may take us.
I fully agree with the answer and I would like to add that fears like those of the bitcoin owner are much more than written here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: