Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7293 times)
Silver_Wost

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:55:12 PM

Theft and hackers are the biggest enemies I think I should be aware of because I myself have been the victim of losing assets from cryotocurency because of security issues so I recommend your security in tighten

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:59:20 PM

The only fear of everyone is for bitcoins to lost its value in the future, Because there are tons of money out there that are already used to invest in this bitcoins and in the future we are all hoping for a higher value to come.

Yeah, the main fear is very big BTC dump and further price decreasing  Grin but I hope that all will be ok with BTC in the nearest future  Smiley

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Sigmas55

Merit: 36

Telegram:@sigmas55

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:29:51 PM

hmm, my only fear is - after spending days and months learning, trading and accumulating BTC, Bitcoin value goes right to Zero for any reason like the big sharks in finance industries say. If that happens, I'll regret every minute I spent on Bitcoin & Crypto.

Though I hope that day never comes.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:17:44 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.
You are going to be able to cash out the problem will be that you will need to go through KYC policies, which to be honest it was to be expected, if you want your bitcoin to form part of the fiat system then you will need to go through their rules, but do not worry at some point bitcoin is going to be accepted everywhere and when that happens you will just use your bitcoin to pay whatever you want. 
BlockMedx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:22:33 PM

For some giant critical flaw to be found in the code, rendering it useless.  Or a well-executed 51% attack that destroys the network
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:29:19 PM

Of course every trader does not want to lose their profit and because of that sometimes when the value in the market is decreasing, They tend to sell all their coins immediately and that is the reason for losing all their profit and its because of fear.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

The greatest fear of bitcoin holder is the value of bitcoin fluctuates down and their investment result into loss. So it’s better to sell their bitcoin once it reaches the highest peak, and buy lots of bitcoins at its lowest trough.
ridho002

Activity: 340

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:26:37 PM

if I think the fear of holding bitcoin is when the government or the state itself bans bitcoin and makes punishment for people who use bitcoin in the country itself. If it is government or a state that forbid, forced the people must obey it all.
kyori

Activity: 335

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:34:58 PM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is to ban bitcoin in my country, I can not exchange to money or cash at all and I can be imprisoned because of the law if they will know that I used bitcoin as payments online.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:39:31 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.
My greatest fear as bitcoin holder is when the price rapidly goes down because it may lead to low income and losing money and Im scared to that. In addition to that, most of the bitcoin holder has a fear in dump and I also scared that bitcoin will be ban in my country and I hope it would not happen.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:32:53 PM

price crashing occasionally and getting addicted to gambling for no reason.
during price crashes we really cant do much but once you get addicted to gambling
there is surely no way around it and getting rid of this addiction can take lot time
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:35:02 PM

no fear .hold ur bitcoin in offline wallet.and do not share your private key to anyone Smiley
bitcoin price will grow more

aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:49:58 PM

My biggest fear as a bitcoat holder is that since the value of bitcoin lies in the demand for it and practically only its price is kept, that for some reason the demand for it will fall and bitcoin will almost immediately depreciate. I understand that bitkoyn still has the property of a bubble and it will eventually bloat so much that it bursts. I hope that nothing will happen to him in the next few decades.
The demand is always going to be there, people will use bitcoin because it is an useful tool, if at some point bitcoin was declared illegal people will keep using it, since many of us believe the economy as it is right now cannot continue indefinitely and this is going to crash and people are going to look something to protect themselves and bitcoin is going to be there to offer them help.
bestluck

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:53:01 PM

I think my greatest fear will be hacking of my BTC account.
I am not agreeing with you that your fear is you are Bitcoin holder and you afraid of price go down. In my opinion that is not the intelligent thinking. The master mind peoples are just waiting for that time when price of Bitcoin is going down. That is best time to buy Bitcoin and hold them till the price again reach to its peak. I have no fear about Bitcoin. The Bitcoin is always gives me happiness by providing me the chance to earn a lot of profit.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:07:20 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

Yeah youre right hacking and scamming remains the top risks to be feared. But no matter how people are so aware and doing extra security steps yet there are still some who gets victimized by these cyber criminals. Anyway, one of my most feared thing to happen is when Bitcoin will pop like a balloon and it suddely lost its value. Its not impossible to happen since Bitcoin was designed to be decentralized no government can control it and no taxes, and Bitcoin is a big issue to the banks. So, how do you think government will adjust into this kind of currency?
Remember, they always want to be the first to benefit from any kind of stuff in the market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:48:59 AM

I think my greatest fear will be hacking of my BTC account.
I am not agreeing with you that your fear is you are Bitcoin holder and you afraid of price go down. In my opinion that is not the intelligent thinking. The master mind peoples are just waiting for that time when price of Bitcoin is going down. That is best time to buy Bitcoin and hold them till the price again reach to its peak. I have no fear about Bitcoin. The Bitcoin is always gives me happiness by providing me the chance to earn a lot of profit.
We should not be afraid for the possible dump in bitcoin because that is not a threat for us if we are going for long term holding because if you are really into long term holding then you don't need to worry about since the future of bitcoin is very bright the team and the community is very active to keep supporting bitcoin.
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:52:51 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
Actually i scared to some hackers and some scammed sight and also i have a fear if all goverments banned this bitcoin i think the value of bitcoin will go back to zero but i hope that it wont happen anymore becausee bitcoin isvery profitable.
Younggiant2018

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:05:19 AM

no fear .hold ur bitcoin in offline wallet.and do not share your private key to anyone Smiley
bitcoin price will grow more
In a positive thoughts you are right. But hackers are just right there waiting for a chance to get into the system; transfer the funds if can and destroy. They are already there before the start of bitcoin and they hacked whatever it takes. However, with the preciseness of cryptocurrency system, everything that hackers can penetrate into the system were already considered and that is why mining was built.
Jake Virus

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:08:13 AM

For some giant critical flaw to be found in the code, rendering it useless.  Or a well-executed 51% attack that destroys the network
My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is when the value of bitcoin will dump for long time, because as a holder of bitcoin i always wish that the value of bitcoin will always increase so when i hold it for long time i can make or earn many money, and my othere greatest fear as a holder is when my wallet is hacked, that was so devastating if thats will happen for me.

gigatux

Activity: 343

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:13:54 AM

My Greatest fears as a bitcoin holder? I think my greatest fear is that the number of bitcoin will decrease, so as my money decreases also, being a bitcoin holder you also gotta be strategic, specifically when converting bitcoins into your own currency, for me I convert my BTC into PESO, if bitcoin falls, so as we bitcoin holders too, and this is one of the biggest upsets that would occur if bitcoin dumps down. Positive thoughts, we'll keep Bitcoin running, and as good as it will be.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: