Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7296 times)
vltnqefi

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:47:11 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is for bitcoin becoming worthless or priceless,
And also my bitcoin wallet being hack or losing all of my money.

I think the most popular fear as a bitcoin holder is the one that makes it more popular, it's volatility. Most of the people here invested or bought bitcoin for one purpose, to earn profit, but the thing is, it is not always going up, it sometimes go down and vice versa. When the price goes down, like what is happening today, most of the people panic and think of the worst.
What worries most is that the U.S. government announced a ban on Bitcoin and altcoin trading and sent all traders to prison, haha. Of course, this is not realistic.

Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:01:30 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
As a bitcoin holder, my greatest fears are: (1) What will happen to the bitcoin community if the bitcoin value continue to decrease? Does the bitcoin community will burst like a bubble as what the critics always predict? (2) If bitcoin value will increase does my bitcoin wallet safe from hackers? (3) What will happen to the places here in the Philippines who are not technology aided if bitcoin become the leading currency.  What will I do if I get a job assigned in an area without internet connection? (4) Does bitcoin life will last soon?
mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 07:13:31 AM

for me one of my greatest fear is losing my private key.
i know it will be safe with me as long as i know how to keep it safe.
but we really can't remove the worries that there are people who will do anything to have access to your coins.

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 12:27:44 PM

For me, I think that my greatest fear is when the government bans bitcoin.
Next to that, is when the exchange rate of bitcoin is as low as 100$.
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:40:34 PM

Losing my private keys.
I am not that worried of government regulations because one way or another i know that there will be a way for cryptocurrency to continiously grow.
But all of this will be gone if somehow someone took control of my keys.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:43:59 PM

The price obviously, because the price of bitcoin can easily going up and going down. I'm afraid can suddenly dropped so hard in 1 night and when i wake up the value of my bitcoins become dropped to below 50%. Also a bad news about bitcoin, like a news from China that ban ICOs and some exchanges on China. It makes the bitcoin price fall.
Samj16

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:48:53 PM

My greastest fear is what if the value will decrease, your invested money will turn to nothing? I'm also scared if my account got hacked. It hurts losing your hard earn money.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:52:27 PM

My greastest fear is what if the value will decrease, your invested money will turn to nothing? I'm also scared if my account got hacked. It hurts losing your hard earn money.
I am not afraid at this moment when the price goes down, I am not afraid when the price goes up, I am afraid that even a 0.01 I don't have in my wallet, I aiming to have atleast 1 bitcoin and would just withdraw it after 5 years when the price could be a million dollar worth, and will make sure not to withdraw it until it reaches million.
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:55:40 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.

That is also one of my fears about bitcoin but over all is that when bitcoin become zero or it will be worthless we can no longer use it because theres no value. That is my greatest fear about holding bitcoin because you can lose profit then your effort become worthless.

Wagako

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:09:33 PM

for me one of my greatest fear is losing my private key.
i know it will be safe with me as long as i know how to keep it safe.
but we really can't remove the worries that there are people who will do anything to have access to your coins.

Yes the most important thing you must secured is your private key to make your profit or holdings safe. Since this world is full of hackers and scammers then it is the most important you must secured

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
romina0310

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:16:27 PM

I fear that bitcoin's value would drastically drop, as all the hopes and dreams would drop as well. Another is my fear of the hackers. We are living in the 21st century, and it is not impossible for some people to get through one's account and rob everything in a click.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:16:36 PM

Greatest fear are when our government ban bitcoin, when our local exchanges have been hack and no more way to convert to our local fiat to cashout, when the government impose tax, and lastly when my pc got crashed and never recover my files because all my password, PK are saved on my pc. Another one I almost forgot when my android phone got lost because I put my 2FA code there.

amin1372

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:24:24 PM

My fear is much more about  the decreasing the price of BTC and losing money.
2Godbdglory

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:44:30 PM

Nice one, there is no fear anywhere because banking system do have their own challenges. That mean life is full of risk. We must take risk in any Biz we re doing. All hand must b on desk for the progress of bitcointalk. Therefore password must be kept secretly. Thanks
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:52:05 PM

My fear is much more about  the decreasing the price of BTC and losing money.

Yeah losing money is my fear too, but the most i scared about bitcoin is those people who expert by hacking. If that happen they can be gone our bitcoin in just one click.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:59:47 PM

Greatest fear are when our government ban bitcoin, when our local exchanges have been hack and no more way to convert to our local fiat to cashout, when the government impose tax, and lastly when my pc got crashed and never recover my files because all my password, PK are saved on my pc. Another one I almost forgot when my android phone got lost because I put my 2FA code there.

Me too. With the way btc is being received right now, and if it continues to rise in value, governments may put too much attention in cracking down btc. With bitcoin being my primart source of income, that would be a very big blow to me

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:03:46 PM

As someone holding a small amount of bitcoin, one of my greatest fear is that it would pop out to nowhere and be gone forever. Its most likely to happen nowadays due to its volatility and very bad chart that sometimes goes down to half in just a few hours. Ill always fear of the very high risk that bitcoin exhibits.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:22:02 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
Just like you quoted, the topmost risks of bitcoin are that of hacking and scamming. Add to it are the continuous attack from various countries' governments and their agents.
I need to add that among the scams include some fake ICOs.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:27:04 PM

My greatest fear is when no one accepts or buy cryptocurrency, most especially if the government ban it. But i think it wont happen because cryptos are getting bigger.
Other than that, im also afraid of hackers. They might hack bitcoin or any crypto wallets. Hope our wallets are protected from those hackers.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:43:46 PM

Bitcoin price will fluctuate to lower price and fears in hacking because the I can do nothing to return to me because unlike in the bank if your money is scammed it is possible to return back your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: