Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7296 times)
ImMrBrigthside

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:02:19 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

My greatest fear as bitcoin holder, may be a mass crash on the price, I bought at 10K and make a horrible hold on the pic.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:11:54 AM

Hmmm, my major fears about bitcoin is;
1. Fear of hackers- I am always in the consciousness hackers who can wipe all you have been gathering in a day.they could be so wicked, heartless and despirate. I fear them.
2. I use to imagine if bitcoin suddenly ends today, of which it is not likely possible but I imagine funny things as such so I'm always carefully and prudent about whatever I get from it. All in the fear of who knows tomorrow.
Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:18:05 AM

My greatest fear as a holder of the bitcoin is when the price of the bitcoin fall. And when bitcoin can not be exchanged with paper money because it has been banned by the government.
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:21:19 AM

I fear the high tx fees will ruin our beloved bitcoin  Cry

maulana rifai

Activity: 331
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:28:05 AM

My greatest fears in bitcoin is when the time comes that bitcoin will be at lowest value. If this happen, we all of us will suffer from dumping in it. But for now that was impossible to come because as we see.  Bitcoin is unstoppable from increasing its value
yup that would be a scary feeling
yes, you are right, really, scary if bitcoin really got its price down to the lowest point. and I will continue to cry if it really happens.
cjinny

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:37:17 AM

The biggest risk of bitcoin holders in my opinion is that when the price of bitcoin really drops the lowest point and can not rise as before, if it happens definitely bitcoin holders suffered huge losses.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:39:14 AM

My biggest fear to have bitcoin is if the whole country prohibits the use of bitcoin, with all states banning bitcoin then my efforts so far for bitcoin will not be useful.
haster100

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:15:28 AM

When the price drop into 1$ just kidding when my bitcoin wallet got hacked ofcourse this is the greatest fears i know wthat sacred me too much and also when i send my bitcoin and will send it to another bitcoin adddress lmao
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:19:43 AM

Greatest fears about holding bitcoin:

1. Getting hacked. I don't really worry that much about this because I know how to make my wallet secure but you are still going to live by the fact that you might still be hacked at some point for some reasons. You are never safe.

2. Getting my private keys/seed stolen. Which is pretty much getting hacked. We've all written our seed on some paper just because we can't just forget about it. We need it for recovery. At the same time, someone can find it in your house and just get your hard-earned bitcoins.

3. Having some taxation about cryptocurrency cashouts. I know that there are actually countries where you are required to declare what are your bitcoin addresses but they are actually taking taxes from the cash outs that you had. It's 25% of all those money and you have to pay taxes for all your cashouts for the whole year one time. That's not yet introduced in my country but the chances are pretty high since others are already doing it. The thing, though, they can simply bump up the percentage that they are taking from your cash outs. Like, 32% to make it same as income tax but they can still increase it.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:14:59 PM

When my country ban bitcoin and when bitcoin is impossible to be purchased for being too expensive sometimes i scare about how if my assets got hacked by hacker.
My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder are if wallets can be lost or getting hacked. If a hard drive crashes, or a virus corrupts data, and the wallet file is corrupted, Bitcoins have essentially been "lost". And if bitcoin will crash its price to the point that it will take long to recover. Then if my country will inhibit to use bitcoin in every transaction.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:25:34 PM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holders is as we already know that bitcoin price is a volatile, what if one day the price will go down suddenly? But a per advice by people, idont have lose my hope for its price. Plus those hacker that gets our wallet instantly will added to my fears
joanshu

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:32:41 PM

System crash is one of the greatest fear i have as i have had bitter experience in the past ended up loosing my coins in the offline wallet.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:36:49 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

I think the most critical issue about BTC is if the government are willing to support this technology because some countries, BTC's are getting banned and thats what Im scared of because it might get taxable soon or worst it might get totally banned from a country coz governments tend to protect the consumers from risks. And also hackers and scammers are so many in crypto world and it is still prone to hackers lets admit that. I think also that banks has issues on BTC.
Ather_1020

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:55:30 PM

The greatest fear that I have encountered since I started to hold bitcoin  would be the fluctuation of bitcoin value  and I bet I am not the only one. I also fear that someone would hack into my bitcoin wallet and steal every last coin, which is quite plausible. Sometimes I also think what if the price of one bitcoin drops to 0 dollars.
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:06:08 PM

Maybe when one day, internet will not be accessible and you cannot even trade your current bitcoin holding. Or if someone would steal all the bitcoin that I have saved. Or maybe if bitcoin price would go really deep, I think most people would suffer from a great loss.
zitbau

Activity: 180
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:11:05 PM

What I'm most afraid of now is bitcoin bubbles. Will it grow to a certain degree and will it be destroyed? And we will lose everything

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:13:04 PM

I think any individual who has BTCs abhor the negative vacillation. We as a whole encountered these previous periods of 2017 the sudden drops of BTC I felt that would be the finish of BTC's ascent in rate. I think this is gibberish however I fear the day that the legislature would consider BTC as illicit and think about the holders as hoodlums.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:23:24 PM

My greatest fears in bitcoin is when the time comes that bitcoin will be at lowest value. If this happen, we all of us will suffer from dumping in it. But for now that was impossible to come because as we see.  Bitcoin is unstoppable from increasing its value
I feel the same . I am in fear or worried that one day bitcoin will dump its price  and everyone of us will suffer .suffer meaning we lose our investment but actually I don't think it will happen or it is far from that. but when I think about that i am a but scared although I dont believe it will happen. so maybe i will just believe in what my thought is and that is bitcoin will never dump its price.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:25:24 PM

My greatest fears are that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will be forbidden. And everbody who owns Cryptocurrencys will going to jale. Some people would say my fears are exaggerated, but these days you never know when WorldWar3 will start Undecided
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:58:54 PM

Of course, if a crash is going to happen in bitcoin and let say you can not cash out your bitcoin's anymore or it'll be lock down for a couple of years while its market value is going down. That's something scary for me.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: