Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:54:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7299 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

The greatest fear that I have encountered since I started to hold bitcoin  would be the fluctuation of bitcoin value  and I bet I am not the only one. I also fear that someone would hack into my bitcoin wallet and steal every last coin, which is quite plausible. Sometimes I also think what if the price of one bitcoin drops to 0 dollars.

You mean you fear when it falls, not just merely fluctuations? Because I'm guessing you don't worry when it keeps rising, right? Because that's still a part of fluctuation. I share the same worry that it will be a bubble and pop with the value falling quite drastically. However, as we've seen, bitcoin can always recover its value quite quickly just as fast as it can lose it, but there's always that fear of the one time it doesn't or it falls by thousands and takes a very long time to regain that ground and that's what I fear the most other than another currency overtaking it if it offers much swifter and cheaper transactions.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:09:05 PM

My greatest fears in bitcoin is when the time comes that bitcoin will be at lowest value. If this happen, we all of us will suffer from dumping in it. But for now that was impossible to come because as we see.  Bitcoin is unstoppable from increasing its value
One of my biggest fear in bitcoin is when the price of bitcoin wil dropped to $0 or it will become bubbles. Furthermore, if that things happen many people will suffer and I hope it would not happen. I wish the price of bitcoin will keep on increasing not on decreasing.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:36:32 PM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holders is as we already know that bitcoin price is a volatile, what if one day the price will go down suddenly? But a per advice by people, idont have lose my hope for its price. Plus those hacker that gets our wallet instantly will added to my fears

I also think like you, I'm afraid if I hold bitcoin the price suddenly dropped dramatically. I will get a huge loss because the price of bitcoin dropped suddenly. besides that I am also afraid my bitcoin is stolen by hackers.

GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
The most frightening thing is the loss of bitcoins on the internet. Because at the same time losing bitcoins is at the same time losing my dreams. Here I am because my dreams are made up. I'm unemployed and I saw that bitcoins can I earn money. So if it's gone. I also do not know what to do with how I can make money. And it's really scary to think because it can really happen.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
nemesis_

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:35:54 PM

One of my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder is to lose everything I invested here. The drastically crashing of bitcoin may be scary but it is usual. It is normal to see the price dropping at a time but it will surely shoot up again. It is every holder's nightmare to lose whatever you have. To be hacked. So I secure my accounts and private keys properly.

supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:14:03 PM

People losing faith in the coin which will cause a price drop that can reach 0 at some point.
My greatest fear in bitcoin when the price going down. What happen to me I think , I think I will be crazy if the bitcoin value goes to zero value.
Price of bitcoin will go down then no need to be worry and sell this is really bad. At that time you will have to be patient and have good feeling for bitcoin. Bitcoin is having a lot for all people and chances of bitcoin money making will be high if you will hold bitcoin even at very low price. Bitcoin has power to increase and grow at very high time and do sell when you see price high to just be patient and you will have benefit.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:27:37 PM

That which scares me is only hackers and financial institutions barring transactions pertaining digital currencies. Secondly, the volatality also scares me so much and would like to take profit as well at the same time.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:12:14 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 10:44:45 PM by ivanst776

Some Fears that I have in general are the government attempts to stop bitcoin and to make people make panic and be afraid from bitcoin and counting it as an dangerous coin.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:12:56 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

Aside from the fear of being hacked, a holder's other fear would be getting paranoid and over thinking every now and then because of news. Sometimes, even you cannot calm down your own mind with double take thoughts even though you were already committed to the investment. The risk never left but always remember that you took it and you can finish this.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Aside from the fear of being hacked, a holder's other fear would be getting paranoid and over thinking every now and then because of news. Sometimes, even you cannot calm down your own mind with double take thoughts even though you were already committed to the investment. The risk never left but always remember that you took it and you can finish this.

Bitcoin has been through a crisis in the past and it emerges as a victor above all. There is really no point in worrying when you laid down and made a decision to invest because it is really a good deal to invest in bitcoin nowadays.
Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

I think we might see a bearish period, or a sideways period for Bitcoin if other cryptocurrencies with other utilities become more utilized.
That is one of my fears, short term... And the reason most of my assets are in good altcoins with real utility.

Though I do not fear longterm for Bitcoin. May the longest chain win.
When lightning network is up and running 100% in 2018 or 2020, I think Bitcoin still will be king.
Especially not Ripple. Lol!
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:27:05 PM

Greatest fear is with exchangers if exchangers disappear we lose big amount
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:51:52 PM

Nothing beats the paranoria of being hacked in my opinion. Try to think that what if one day you woke up just to find that someone had managed to emptied your account. But we shouldn't overthink ourself and trust this investment since you're already in here. Also, don't be so carefree also. Be sure yoy have a good security in your PC so lessen the risk of hacking anything.
Donawoite

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:54:58 PM

My greatest fears is when they ban bitcoin not to trade with US dollar and also when hacker hack my bitcoin account.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:35:14 PM

My greatest fear about bitcoin is when the time comes that the internwt will shutdown and the bitcoin will not use and open the account.
This is not a fear now because bitcoin has invested a lot of wallets and online offline wallets and giving each seconds information and it is not easy for them to scam. For me I am not having any kind of fear related to bitcoin because I know bitcoin is doing everything for betterment of people and it is not very hard for us to take bitcoin advantage and benefits for this we will have to ne wise and strong minded.
aizadelacruz99

Activity: 295

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:28:18 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is when im having a vacation,  and the place wasn't have a signal,.to internet. 
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:18:11 PM

My greatest fear would be if I  won't be able to access my wallet. We actually have an app here in our country where we use it to access our wallet. Its kinds risky because we might not able to access it anytime if the developer of this app will decide to steal our bitcoin. Hoping it wont happen anytime soon.
m9shn9sh

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:57:06 PM

I think one of their fear is their account had been hack by someone and all their bitcoin was transfer to another account and had been cash out. In addition, large whales can greatly affect the course.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:37:58 AM

I think one of their fear is their account had been hack by someone and all their bitcoin was transfer to another account and had been cash out. In addition, large whales can greatly affect the course.

It could be more than fear already and is now frustrations if all of the hacking of their coins have already been consummated by these hackers. I think the fear could only be happening for future bad events which could happen.
Prem.Soorajpaul

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:26:40 AM

1. Statements against bitcoin from big influential politician and investor in a time intervals which  reduce the confidence on bitcoin.
2. No one sure it is a bubble or not.
3. Still some countries in process, they should ban crypto currency trading or not.
4. Complex process to get bitcoin like high mining and exchange commissions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: