Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7299 times)
wiro 212

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:34:22 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

My biggest fear is that when bitcoin falls to the lowest price and then vanishes, my money will certainly disappear along with bitcoin.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:30:58 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

My biggest fear is that when bitcoin falls to the lowest price and then vanishes, my money will certainly disappear along with bitcoin.
Nobody can really say if bitcoin is growing in price as in December of last year, is it simply pumping it like a financial bubble? After all, there is no other logical explanation for this. Explanation of topics. that demand is increasing and therefore its value rises, this is nothing more than the inflation of bitcoin as a bubble, because its value really does not increase. Realizing this, it can be concluded that the higher bitcoin will grow in price, the more likely it will burst, that is, it will very quickly depreciate. This is still my global fear of bitcoin. If this happens, the image of the crypto currency will be irreparably damaged.
Thasins61

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:43:24 PM

Greatest fears is exchange my bitcoin into cash when i need it with out paying for that.
if you have 100 bitcoin and price up to 50,000$ you need to wait long time to get your cash
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is that it will disappear. There are a lot of reasons for bitcoin to disappear, but what I fear most is that it will be banned in our country. Even it is accepted here in our country still some of the people here are against with this and I think they are doing their best to turn down bitcoin. With this they might hire or connived with hackers to totally destroy bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is in the web and if hackers will attack this, surely it will bring a big impact with the process of bitcoin.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:26:49 AM

I may not be a bitcoin holder but I do fear that the bitcoin I would hold may get the value reached the value lower than the time I hold it. Well, that is all goes, in addition they may fear of it getting hacked by an unknown people because of too much exposure to a wallet and not being used or circulated, probably because of holding they may lack in monitoring it so that it can be hacked in a unexpected times. Well, this is only a few things I fear but as not as a bitcoin holder but putting my self on their shoe. Probably there are lot of thing they fear more than my perceptions.
MoonHodler

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 09:41:31 AM

The biggest risk would be fast advancement of technology. If someone invents a new digital currency based on something better than cryptography, bitcoin will be replaced and it won't be missed.

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:48:56 AM

Me personally i fear that any moment our government can banned the bitcoin here in our country and if that happens all of my holdings will remains as holdings and i can never convert them into cash. Because here in our country a lot of bitcoins scammers that are spreading across the country and that is kinda alarming because a lot of people are saying that bitcoins are just a scam which they are not. And so as a results the government noticed that and warning all the people to avoid inveating in this kind of thing which is not.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:01:30 AM

The non-acceptance of this revolution called cryptocurrency by governments who have lost out in joining early can be a major hindrance to the use of it by a holder. Another great risk is loss of integrity or a compromised state of the sites holding the coins for the owners. and lastly another challenge is the devaluation of bitcoins in the event of a war or inability to cash out during a major crisis because of a huge transaction or the inability to be able to use he internet. 

IGave

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 10:05:38 AM

That someday transaction fees will be more than my balance
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:14:39 PM

Me as a bitcoin holder, one of the greatest fear that I am worrying about is the threat of hacking. Since we were technologically advanced and all things deals with technology; 
we are aware that our accounts can be hack and get all of our moneys which we invested for long time.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:59:59 PM

Well for me, and i guess for all bitcoiner, the greatest fear that us the bitcoin holder have is if we lost the bitcoin. Whether if we lose the value of bitcoin, or we lose the amount of the bitcoin because of some phising or hacking activity by some people.
Decreasing in value is not an absolute fear in my opinion, because if it can rise again, then it doesnt matter. But if it crash ( no people use it, banned everywhere, no vendor accept it), then we should be worried very much.
That is a real fear but at the same time, things are not so simple bitcoin is not going to disappear overnight, so if something were to happen to bitcoin you will know and since we are in the most popular bitcoin forum then chances are we are going to be one of the first people to find out about such a thing, however the chances that happens are slim at best.
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:02:21 PM

bankruptcies but depending to you own how you holding it
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:20:56 PM

My greatest fear in to log in to my account and can not find my coins. My account be hacked and coins stolen
accm092

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:30:43 PM

1 If the bitcoin becomes a bubble and burst. This will be linked to the flash crash but this time that looks impossible.
2 If the exchange site will be banned in the various country because of the exchange site as a centra key in the bitcoin or crypto.
3 Too many hackers, scammers in the crypto.

A lot of the things that makes me fear about the bitcoin itself. But the politic and regulatory seems to be a serious thing rather than other.

I agree with that you mention.
I also fear  that when bitcoin rate become lower and getting stock for a period of time that would be scariest.
As a bitcoin holder we are scared about hackers that can steal our hard earned money, time and effort.
exactly, a lot of things makes us fear about bitcoin but i know it will now be popular until without if they have low  security.

arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:34:28 PM

The greatest fears are to lose everything in a single night and when you wake up in the morning to see that the price of btc has become zero and no one can cash out  Undecided
zorchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:36:56 PM

I believe that the main risks of bitcoins are security, now there are a lot of phishing sites on the blockbuster and other purses where the coin is stored, it is better to store most of the coins on cold wallets. Wink
JPCain

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:43:26 PM

For me it's human error. I try reading up as much as I can but the transactions of huge amounts of money by pasting a wallet address scares me.

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1642675
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
blue_dragon

Activity: 251
Merit: 100