Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7299 times)
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:37:06 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder,when the world government of entire country is declaring a war against bitcoin and all my peny asset of bitcoin in my wallet  would not be use or in holding position,because  declaring the government of banning the bitcoin  into my country,thats my biggest fears now  and all the beautiful things done by digital currency to the growth of economy,and help to those lowless people like us would be turn to nothing.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
syahdurindu

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:53:58 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

The thing I fear from bitcoin is that the government prohibits citizens using bitcoin or is banned from working in bitcoin, because now bitcoin is where I make money so if the government forbids the use of bitcoin, I will lose and restore as before and focus on office work with little income

ross09

Activity: 202
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:01:02 PM

When my country ban bitcoin and when bitcoin is impossible to be purchased for being too expensive sometimes i scare about how if my assets got hacked by hacker.
As I know myself for being so forgetfull in so many things including  the password of any social media accounts, wallet key and password even my credit debit card pin..I tend to forget all of it if I am not gonna use it for like a week .so my greatest fear as a a bitcoin holder is to loose my coins in just one (1) blink of an eye (which about to happen last month because I forgot my key code in my wallet  and I did not print it  ..so just thanks God and thanks to my emails..that I have back ups ...that is my greastest fear to ban bitcoin in my country becausw that will never happen..or bitcoin decrease because it will increase the other week or month..
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:07:50 PM

I think most of us feared Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies price crashing down just like now. We cannot control our emotions to depressed when it goes down. Also most of the people here invested bitcoin for one purpose, to earn profit but the thing is, it is not always going up, it sometimes go down and people think the worst.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:41:12 PM

The worst thing as a bitcoin holder when the sudden drop in its value occurs. The previous day, the sudden drop of bitcoin, I was one of the worries but nowadays it has been recovering and hopefully this year will reach the higher bitcoin value than last year. We all know that the price of bitcoin is changing, it is very difficult to know when the bitcoin increases and decreases. Therefore, we should always look at the value of bitcoin.

GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:22:07 AM

I certainly agree with you that hacking and scamming remains in the top of the line in terms of bitcoin user and holder's fears. The next in line for me is when the value of bitcoin goes down dramatically mainly because its volatile and another one is when another coin rise up for example ethereum, I'll be forced to move to that coin if thats what the situation asks. One more thing if government loses their minds and tries to ban bitcoin or control it.
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:25:28 AM

for the security i handed that term to the technical guys who encrypted this bitcoin. what is my concern is the prices of bitcoin and people trust to this coin. as long people trust is not disappearing, this coin will still have the demands. what i worry is when there is lack of demand into this coin. just that
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:29:12 AM

Hacking is definitely one of my fear as a bitcoin holder. But my greatest fear is when bitcoins loose its value from out of nowhere. I know thats imposible but everything in this world will eventually end and Im afraid of bitcoin to end.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:12:53 AM

The thing that i do fear the most is losing all of my assets and a drop in bitcoins future value. I mean i dedicated myself already towards bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, I want to keep it going and never stop so it could still teach others how to become financially intelligent. Most of the people i know spends their profit for luxury and never invest into something that would create a bright future for them.
ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:19:57 AM

A ban by the government of a big country , i don't see it happening now.
But when it happens people will lose a lot of trust .
And it is the fear of a lot of people that is why the fake news about china works every time.

Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:22:00 AM

Sitting near someone with poor hygiene in a regionally configured business class cabin, ticket paid for with btc profits.

sent from my X6
Logan1978

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:24:51 AM

One top risk in my opinion is the uncertainty with the value of bitcoins because you may never now what changes bitcoin does at a later time. Ofcourse, as an investor, you would not want your investment to have a low market value because you will surely lose money on your investment. And if it will be banned for some unknown reason, ofcourse I won't be able to.make use of Bitcoin.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:27:59 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 02:42:34 AM by KingScorpio

the gay bankster lobby and the super rich dont have a strong lobby, if the parliaments side with them, they loose a lot of their credibility,

which will be still funny to look at, i bet they will corrupt the parliaments and he judges to speak out publicly against crypto, but at the same time try to ban it.

my biggest fear is that to keep credibility, security and legitmacy, and keep the established decadent elites in power, via "their" financial system, they create and use foreign threats like the islamic state, they need that to protect their riches.

thats what i am afraid the most.

regards

wew13

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:28:44 AM

The only one thing that scares me the most is that when bitcoin price drop too much.
Benjamin.1969

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:32:40 AM

One of my greatest fear is the hacking of account,also I've experienced many terrible things with Altcoins which makes ready for Any scenario could happen.the digital world is highly at risk of high hacking.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:33:11 AM

yes I am very afraid of hackers, other than that what I fear is the price of bitcoin drop and I am also afraid bitcoin is prohibited in many countries.
LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:37:15 AM

Bitcoin is a very beneficial transaction system to many people.  And it is normal that we can encounter fears as bitcoin holder. Well, even if I am still in a stage of developing my bitcoin account, i Have lots of fears. My fears are: 1st- I am afraid that the value of BTC will be lower, 2nd- if there will be hackers and scammers entered in the said system and the 3rd will be the greatest is- if BTC will disappear.
ColdEmbrace

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:04:06 AM

My greatest fear is that Bitcoin Cash will overtake Bitcoin Core. Although this is unlikely but there's a possibility. I hate clones
rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:17:14 AM

Greatest fears that I am thinking is that someday Bitcoin will just be wiped a way like an air, because we cannot guarantee until when it will last and we don't have a hard proof that this is bitcoin like the paper money that we have. But, hopefully bitcoin will be recognized as a currency in later days or years and the government will acknowledge it.
SangkuniBird

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:21:31 AM

Personally, my biggest concern right now is that bitcoin will be banned in my country and they will not let transactions be done. Another fear I have and almost all bitcoin holders is that bitcoin bubbles and explodes until the price becomes zero. A lot of speculation says that bitcoin is a bubble and will soon go down. Hopefully I fear nothing will happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: