Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:09:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7296 times)
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:58:16 PM

my biggest regret as a bitcoin holder is when prices go down and down, which is likely to decline or price correction that may make the dumping holders always decrease in price, I am not pessimistic about it.
yeah i also feel fear when price of bitcoin goes down but i think its a part of trading. but my greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is when it hacked by other people because if people get hacked my efforts will be wasted but I will not let my account get hack so I will surely secure my account that no people will know some information about my bitcoin account. I fear also that the bitcoin will be banned because if bitcoin get banned, I will lose a job or source of income.
Vermilion-

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:03:45 PM

Fear of holding bitcoin is when the government or the state itself bans bitcoin and makes punishment for people who use bitcoin in the country itself. If it is government or a state that forbid, forced the people must obey it all.
mellar1084

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:42:54 PM

hello guys,  Actually i am not fear as a bitcoin holder because bitcoin is instrument of investment for me, i know about the risk losing because of investment in the bitcoin and cryptos currencies and i am ready to losing all of my money in the bitcoin. But as human i have feel worry the bitcoin in the future will be losing the values and there are no people who invest their money in bitcoin and i am worry if bitcoin be banned by my government, it will makes me come back to traditional investment to stocks markets and i don't like it because i can take full control of my investment...You have summarized all actually
Bitcoin bubble is also something very scary that I can think of, how if bitcoin is a long term scam coin? Just like any other scam shit token out there

What if satoshi has millions of bitcoins and dump it all in the market? Will it be the end of bitcoin? I dont know, just something I cant think of  Grin...BTCBTC
IsabelCornd

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:01:16 PM

My greatest fear is that my country will ban bitcoins and ill lose a lot of money.. also scared about scammers and hackers but trying not to make myself a target.
Philip K Crypt

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

My biggest BTC holder related fear is to awake one morning and to find out that the value of Bitcoin has vanished. Zero. Nada. Nothing. That would be really unpleasant.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:29:50 PM
Merited by cryptocue (1)

In my opinion, one of the greatest fears as a Bitcoin holder is when our country officially ban Bitcoins and imposed strict regulations about it.
That would entirely put crypto enthusiasts lives at stake. And this would only lead to the manipulation of banks and government to the people's money and investments.
Let it be there strict regulations but hopefully countries won't ban such great currency which have created lives more colorful.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:27:43 PM

In my opinion, one of the greatest fears as a Bitcoin holder is when our country officially ban Bitcoins and imposed strict regulations about it.
That would entirely put crypto enthusiasts lives at stake. And this would only lead to the manipulation of banks and government to the people's money and investments.
Let it be there strict regulations but hopefully countries won't ban such great currency which have created lives more colorful.

Exactly the same was haunting me since I started to hold them and sort of cryptocurrency as well. The fear of banning did made me always be tensed, but recently our government welcomed and showed positive approach towards Blockchain, but strictly mentioned they will doing anything to stop illegitimate activities, so we will be introduced with strict policies soon, but atleast its not illegal. So got a kind of relief from my No. 1 fear. Another one is just basic, the fear of bubble burst, which usually nowadays everyone have it in there mind.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:29:15 AM

Exactly the same was haunting me since I started to hold them and sort of cryptocurrency as well. The fear of banning did made me always be tensed, but recently our government welcomed and showed positive approach towards Blockchain, but strictly mentioned they will doing anything to stop illegitimate activities, so we will be introduced with strict policies soon, but atleast its not illegal. So got a kind of relief from my No. 1 fear. Another one is just basic, the fear of bubble burst, which usually nowadays everyone have it in there mind.

I did also have some terrible dreams that everytime I checked btc's price day by day, it just continues to plummet. It only happened when it dropped $9k. It's funny because when bitcoin is soaring in $20k, I'm worrying that I have only a short time to make money out of it but now it's the opposite.
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:44:43 AM

My greatest fair as a bitcoin holder if the bitcoin system hacked and the holders account also hacked in this case my investment are totally banish and how can recover our investment and how can we do trading if the bicoin system hacked? I am not with the government because I knew and I believe our government will be legalized bitcoin soon. But the greatest fear for me is the attack of the hackers.

Isaac45

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:46:59 AM

Hacking your wallet can wipe out all of your efforts. It is so hard to earn bitcoin these days. Holding bitcoins is a long term investment.I might be in the minority, but I'm honestly not too concerned with hacks and scams. I feel like I am adequately protected with the resources at my disposal. I am also paranoid in nature so I'd like to think I'm slightly more resistant to scams in general.If that happens all of our labor and time spent working to earn bitcoin and altcoins will be put to waste, for me that would be the saddest day for all crypto users.
trancong

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:48:58 AM

I feel that the bitcoins I am hodling will be missing because the wallet I am having has many bad reviews
Alexander195

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:49:48 AM

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder are the scams that are frequently happening right now. More and more of them are emerging just to get bitcoin from us, they do all sorts of things to make you believe that they are legit and will deliver positive results from your investments.I fear that bitcoin will just disappear out of nowhere. Like bitcoin will be banned and our savings will only be removed just like that because it's just a digital cryptocurrency.I can clearly see the future and it is bright due to bitcoin, we just need to believe and trust the system, but not to the point of staking your future to it, all we need is balance. Early adopters are happy, so must take an example to their success.
Joseph236

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:51:22 AM

Identity thefts are a large threat ro bitcoin users. They can get their belongings or important details in life get stolen. They can get their bank accounts and wallet addresses which is really scary. The price fluctuation is not a thing to be scared about because the price of bitcoin will still rise and that is a good sign for bitcoin holders.I am still pretty confident right now that it is unlikely to happen in our country because our government has a positive view of bitcoin and just issued a warning to the people to be vigilant but they did not state directly that we aren't allowed to transact it. I just hope this will never happen.
Edward1977

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:53:29 AM

I don't worry much about scams, government, or banks. i'm only worried about hacking bitcoin wallets.  Many Bitcoin users say that this is a feature, not a weakness, and simply requires the buyer to do their due diligence before sending a seller their money. Plus, irreversible transactions protect sellers from fraudulent chargebacks.It would be hard for us holder to cash out money. Cause in our local country there's a company that make us easy to cash out and cash in to our bitcoin wallet.
ColdZerk

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:57:55 AM

I don't worry much about scams, government, or banks. i'm only worried about hacking bitcoin wallets.  Many Bitcoin users say that this is a feature, not a weakness, and simply requires the buyer to do their due diligence before sending a seller their money. Plus, irreversible transactions protect sellers from fraudulent chargebacks.It would be hard for us holder to cash out money. Cause in our local country there's a company that make us easy to cash out and cash in to our bitcoin wallet.
Hey man, just use a cold wallet for your bitcoins and your fears will go away  Smiley
Trezor or Ledger Nano S for example. It is safe & cheap decision!
In addition to bitcoins, you can also store a lot of other cryptocurrencies, full list of supported coins you can see here (for Ledger Nano S): https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s
parassinghal

Activity: 210

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:08:32 AM

The main fear which i think is the main for all the bitcoin holder is the price fall. That it should not go that much down that it will give loss to the owner.

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:15:19 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is that I might wake up one day where everything has crashed and that my bitcoin wallet which has stored all my coins have been gone and disappear and that I am basically left with nothing and nothing in my power can really put a stop to it or even put something to do just so I could get it back and that is something I really and truly fear
Hero44

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:22:00 AM

i think the greatest fear as a bitcoin trader is the fall of bitcoin. now if it falls we tend to loose our profit and earnings, while if it appreciates we get more earnings and profits.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:33:36 AM

being hacked is not a feature rather it is due carelessness by someone who uses their bitcoin wallets and it wont happen to you either as long as you are aware on what you do. in my case my fear as a bitcoin holder is that the price fluctuations or volatility because im an investor in bitcoin and i manage to loose if the price of bitcoin decrease drastically due to volatility. Although being volatile sometimes a good way or advantage as it is the reason on why bitcoin increases.
chaukhchi

Activity: 206
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:40:23 AM

My fear is that when everyone is no longer willing to trust even nobody wants to invest dibitcoin so it will cause a reduction in bitcoin prices that will reach 0 at some point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: