Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:25:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:29:40 AM

I have deposit terms for 2 weeks, 1 month and 3 months, let's get some nice return of investment for them! I think I'm only going to be trading profits from these deposits so I have a constant stream of income.

One thing that was concerning me about solo mining this coin though, is that my gpu mining was experiencing some issues while having the cpu solo mining mode activated, anyone else experiencing this too?
bakacoin

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:02:51 AM

Little depends on small wallets, the bear works on the exchange Smiley
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:10:10 AM

I have deposit terms for 2 weeks, 1 month and 3 months, let's get some nice return of investment for them! I think I'm only going to be trading profits from these deposits so I have a constant stream of income.

One thing that was concerning me about solo mining this coin though, is that my gpu mining was experiencing some issues while having the cpu solo mining mode activated, anyone else experiencing this too?

I have noticed this but it only seems to affect certain algos. I dropped roughly 60% in GPU hashrate for a cryptonote coin but there wasn't any appreciable drop when I switched to another coin. So I guess you'll need to trial and error.
orcvoin

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

TdhNBDpg4EnTzLVe41WsGJECP7qc3uENdS

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:35:41 AM

I hold around 1000coins, hope for price above 7-10k satoshi each. My first really longterm coin, deposit estimate till 03/2018  Smiley

melord

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:18:20 AM

Hi, guys!
How many coins do I need to run master node?
RinceWind84

Activity: 263

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:20:33 AM

How is the cluster mining going?

Can anyone provide their results.

Am still mining on the pool and not completely convinced to make the shift just yet.

Let us all know how it is panning out for you in terms of earnings  Smiley

Well there is your problem... Still connected to the pool helping the NH.

I am working on a pool with someone but it is proving to be a pain in the ass. We know we are close. The only problem we have is shares are to low. But we will get there.
I strongly considered whether I should even dignify this with an answer. But I believe that I cannot be the only ROI-supporter having second thoughts on the "cluster-mining"-thing. So for everyone's sake, late me try to clarify my doubts.

My own experience is that solo-mining through the wallet is very much up to luck. I have been lucky to have hit two blocks withing seven minutes, and I have tried going for 48 hours straight with no luck. So I have decided to point my miner, my one single CPU, at the pool. You know which one I am talking about. Yes you guessed it! The one that is being officially condoned by the dev's in the ANN.

So stating that MY problem is that I am helping Nicehash by doing so, is simply beyond my scope of comprehension.

I asked one very legitimate question: "What are people's experience's with the cluster?" And I think that is a very fair question to post.

When I read the off-thread description of the cluster, there are a couple of things that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

1. "If you was to only mine on the wallet alown because of all the hash on the pool its 100% luck if you find a block now. But mining the cluster makes brings solo mining back down to a easy level."

- Well that's a statement that needs to be justified by statistics or results. Otherwise it is but a statement.

2. "It also stops the pool rinsing the network of blocks and helps make a stronger network because blocks that are created solo are stronger than pool."

- You will simply have to explain that in a better way.
How is it that blocks created solo are stronger than blocks created on a pool?

On another note, I have a pretty high latency on the nodes. So I figured that joining the "cluster-pool" wouldn't improve my earnings. Whereas the big bag pool, doesn't seem to care  Wink

And my stats right now are 60-100 ROI/day on one i7-3730k

Lastly I would like to know. Are you a dev on this coin?
hic78

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:23:24 AM

I personally sold 400 sat I do not want to kill the coins no dumps
hic78

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:24:47 AM

on the ad made a tutorial to know how to put a deposit please
Bsteck

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:11:36 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 01:26:24 PM by Bsteck

Is this NH resistant..?

Been mining on the cluster pool for 18 hrs and found 4 blocks, I really like this coin and wallet.

I plan to hold coins and use the term deposit. Already locked some for 1 year and will lock others 11mths, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, ect so I have a monthly return.

Just noticed something... I set coins to 1 year and the estimated date shows well over a year, does the wallet go by days or block number when setting a time?
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:52:00 PM

why are selling at 400 sat for gods sake. your killing us. this coin with a term lock should be a t a min 3000 sat coin. people like you with weak hands are putting us all in danger of hodling a 10 sat coin. Your killing the project. You bunch of animals. A new project is not a atm to be abused. everyone should be term locking this for max %, instead we got people selling dirt cheap like this guy. You guys are unbelievable I tell ya.
melord

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:56:09 PM

why are selling at 400 sat for gods sake. your killing us. this coin with a term lock should be a t a min 3000 sat coin. people like you with weak hands are putting us all in danger of hodling a 10 sat coin. Your killing the project. You bunch of animals. A new project is not a atm to be abused. everyone should be term locking this for max %, instead we got people selling dirt cheap like this guy. You guys are unbelievable I tell ya.

totally agree with you Sad
cryptoRX

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:02:24 PM

Just noticed something... I set coins to 1 year and the estimated date shows well over a year, does the wallet go by days or block number when setting a time?

It goes by block number and is suppose to eventually catch up as time goes by.
melord

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:03:54 PM

sorry for my English...
Power buyers in nicehash try to return the invested money as soon as possible, and merge the coin at a low price. I think it makes sense at this stage, to limit the possibility of connecting to the pool from nicehash
the.vlado

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:24:10 PM

Oh a ASIC/GPU resistant coin, this seems interesting.
Is there a total coin supply of this coin and does a mineable linux wallet exits ?

Total supply is 1 billion. This is hard coded in the wallet but bear in mind that additional coins will be added from POS and term deposits.

Yes you can grab the Linux code at Github: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin

Hi, I was trying to find on the OP, web site and in few BTC pages information about coin's max cap.
Since coin has high staking percentage does it has also some cap? Or it is infinitive?
I like idea that this coin is mineable only from wallet. But I would not call it solo, because you have pools and clusters.
Also like idea of long term deposit. Something new and fresh. Nice.
I am only concerned about about inflation factor.
Did I miss bounties and rewards?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:31:58 PM

Oh a ASIC/GPU resistant coin, this seems interesting.
Is there a total coin supply of this coin and does a mineable linux wallet exits ?

Total supply is 1 billion. This is hard coded in the wallet but bear in mind that additional coins will be added from POS and term deposits.

Yes you can grab the Linux code at Github: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin

Hi, I was trying to find on the OP, web site and in few BTC pages information about coin's max cap.
Since coin has high staking percentage does it has also some cap? Or it is infinitive?
I like idea that this coin is mineable only from wallet. But I would not call it solo, because you have pools and clusters.

Total coin supply is 1 billion for POW and that is set to run out over a 30 year time frame. The 1 billion supply does not include any of the standard POS or term deposits.

On your inflation question, I've seen other coins doing well and some with much higher interest that ROI coin. A couple of examples would be Women Coin at about 1000% and 808 coin at 17% every 8.08 days. In the early stages the idea of this big term deposit is to encourage users to lock the coin which provides numerous advantages and also to build the initial coin supply in the market and raise the total market cap $ amount.

Looking forward into the future the coin revolves around the community that supports it. Because of that it is always possible that at a future date the community may form a general consensus that the POS and/or the term deposit rates need to be reduced. If and when the community decides something like that the coin will then implement the will of its supporters.

A comprehensive bounty program is in the works so stay tuned!
the.vlado

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:52:01 PM

Total coin supply is 1 billion for POW and that is set to run out over a 30 year time frame. The 1 billion supply does not include any of the standard POS or term deposits.

On your inflation question, I've seen other coins doing well and some with much higher interest that ROI coin. A couple of examples would be Women Coin at about 1000% and 808 coin at 17% every 8.08 days. In the early stages the idea of this big term deposit is to encourage users to lock the coin which provides numerous advantages and also to build the initial coin supply in the market and raise the total market cap $ amount.

Looking forward into the future the coin revolves around the community that supports it. Because of that it is always possible that at a future date the community may form a general consensus that the POS and/or the term deposit rates need to be reduced. If and when the community decides something like that the coin will then implement the will of its supporters.

A comprehensive bounty program is in the works so stay tuned!

Thank you for the reply.
Inflation can be an issue, but as long as you have more people who are willing to buy the coin inflation is not an issue. Smiley
Just work on bounties and good marketing and coin can be successful.

I have noticed this but it only seems to affect certain algos. I dropped roughly 60% in GPU hashrate for a cryptonote coin but there wasn't any appreciable drop when I switched to another coin. So I guess you'll need to trial and error.

I am mining HUSH and with basic wallet setup I am getting ~20% loss of GPU hash rate.
Is it possible to start wallet with parameter like use only 50% of CPU? And not 100% as it is now.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
melord

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:08:14 PM

I am mining HUSH and with basic wallet setup I am getting ~20% loss of GPU hash rate.
Is it possible to start wallet with parameter like use only 50% of CPU? And not 100% as it is now.

Hi! You can use with wallet hodlminer and limit threads with -t parametr for cpu
rohitm

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:58:51 PM

How is the cluster mining going?

Can anyone provide their results.

Am still mining on the pool and not completely convinced to make the shift just yet.

Let us all know how it is panning out for you in terms of earnings  Smiley

Well there is your problem... Still connected to the pool helping the NH.

I am working on a pool with someone but it is proving to be a pain in the ass. We know we are close. The only problem we have is shares are to low. But we will get there.
I strongly considered whether I should even dignify this with an answer. But I believe that I cannot be the only ROI-supporter having second thoughts on the "cluster-mining"-thing. So for everyone's sake, late me try to clarify my doubts.

My own experience is that solo-mining through the wallet is very much up to luck. I have been lucky to have hit two blocks withing seven minutes, and I have tried going for 48 hours straight with no luck. So I have decided to point my miner, my one single CPU, at the pool. You know which one I am talking about. Yes you guessed it! The one that is being officially condoned by the dev's in the ANN.

So stating that MY problem is that I am helping Nicehash by doing so, is simply beyond my scope of comprehension.

I asked one very legitimate question: "What are people's experience's with the cluster?" And I think that is a very fair question to post.

When I read the off-thread description of the cluster, there are a couple of things that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

1. "If you was to only mine on the wallet alown because of all the hash on the pool its 100% luck if you find a block now. But mining the cluster makes brings solo mining back down to a easy level."

- Well that's a statement that needs to be justified by statistics or results. Otherwise it is but a statement.

2. "It also stops the pool rinsing the network of blocks and helps make a stronger network because blocks that are created solo are stronger than pool."

- You will simply have to explain that in a better way.
How is it that blocks created solo are stronger than blocks created on a pool?

On another note, I have a pretty high latency on the nodes. So I figured that joining the "cluster-pool" wouldn't improve my earnings. Whereas the big bag pool, doesn't seem to care  Wink

And my stats right now are 60-100 ROI/day on one i7-3730k

Lastly I would like to know. Are you a dev on this coin?

I agree with you - I'm also not sold on the idea of cluster mining. It is more or less same as solo mining - the computer with the highest hashing power is more likely to win the block reward whereas pool divides it according to the shares submitted. If for some reason my miner stops mining while solo or in cluster, I'd lose whatever I've done so far and start from scratch which is not the case with the pool. I like the certainty vs the luck factor!

Having said that, the internal pool certainly has much better interface - can't wait for it to be running so that I can start mining there!

AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:08:16 PM

What is the story with coinspool mining key? Do you have to use that instead of wallet address?
I used both, but every share submitted I get a "stratum requested restart". Can't see my address in the workers list. Pretty confusing.
cryptoRX

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

I agree with you - I'm also not sold on the idea of cluster mining. It is more or less same as solo mining - the computer with the highest hashing power is more likely to win the block reward whereas pool divides it according to the shares submitted. If for some reason my miner stops mining while solo or in cluster, I'd lose whatever I've done so far and start from scratch which is not the case with the pool. I like the certainty vs the luck factor!

Having said that, the internal pool certainly has much better interface - can't wait for it to be running so that I can start mining there!

Me too. I haven't had any luck solo or cluster mining since the spike in network hash. The pool at least allows me to get something in return. But I too am waiting for the official pool. Hopefully the interface would be less confusing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: