Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:32:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243201 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CryptoMaskNL

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:09:12 PM

Block Reward Breakdown:
10% Charity
5% IT
2.5% PR (Public Relation campaigns)
2.5% P2P (Orphan Letter Writing, Pay To Preach, Pay to be a Priest, FAQ writers, Social Media functions)
40% Miners
40% Sanctuaries (Masternodes)

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#BLOCK_REWARD_.26_EMISSION

this was old, look at block mine.
50% goes to pool and 50% to masternode
https://biblepay-explorer.org/tx/cbda4094237f57dc91a2f921eb91ec31bbfec9a2ba83e43b4318c90505cc584d

And then who is paying for charity, pool fees, IT budget and PR and P2P and Pool Fee?

Looking closer to block explorer I see a lot solo miners atm

Just put the right information in first page to just to be clear on all.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:23:16 PM

Block Reward Breakdown:
10% Charity
5% IT
2.5% PR (Public Relation campaigns)
2.5% P2P (Orphan Letter Writing, Pay To Preach, Pay to be a Priest, FAQ writers, Social Media functions)
40% Miners
40% Sanctuaries (Masternodes)

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#BLOCK_REWARD_.26_EMISSION

this was old, look at block mine.
50% goes to pool and 50% to masternode
https://biblepay-explorer.org/tx/cbda4094237f57dc91a2f921eb91ec31bbfec9a2ba83e43b4318c90505cc584d

And then who is paying for charity, pool fees, IT budget and PR and P2P and Pool Fee?

Looking closer to block explorer I see a lot solo miners atm

This may come from my lack of knowledge about superblocks, I think they have something to do with this, Ill dig into it.

===

"I'm no expert but I believe superblocks are created every x blocks where x is about a month long. Proposal owners predesignate payment addresses. Superblocks create funds based on the requested amount from proposals that passed (up to the monthly maximum) and send them to the addresses. If more funding was successfully requested than can be afforded by the budget I think higher net yes vote proposals have priority. Any proposals that passed but didn't get funded (due to lack of funds) must be resubmitted the next month."
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/65vkza/what_are_super_blocks_how_do_they_come_into/

"During the month, anybody can make a budget proposal to the network. If that proposal is approved by at least 10% of the masternode network, then at the end of the month a series of "superblocks" will be created. At that time, the block rewards that were not paid out (10% of each block) will be used to fund approved proposals. The network thus funds itself by reserving 10% of the block reward for budget projects."
https://www.dash.org/governance/

===

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/853affd8c070bfbfd8069abd4e4e8fc83f30afb9/src/masternode-payments.cpp#L104

===

BiblePay Proposals
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=5.0

Pool >>> Left tab Governance >>> Proposal List
https://pool.biblepay.org/

Anyone can create a proposal and request payment of BBP coins for work!
(But I believe now we may be in the BUDGET phase for current proposals, so you can still propose work for next month right now)

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:25:23 PM

hey all,

What are the block rewards for BiblePay per new block?
If I look at explorer I always see two values per block like:
https://biblepay-explorer.org/tx/80c48baf052752cebb2d693d4e2edbc8c2aebfd5dd011caff7acdab6262db1b3

Is the reward then ~7k for one block or  ~14k

Just learning this  Wink

Edit:
Figured it out myself.

Block reward is around ~14k BBP.
50% goes to the pool and 50% to Masternode.

First page shows masternodes get 10%  Roll Eyes

So 100% = ~ 14k BBP
Masternodes 50%
Donations 10%
Pool Fees 17%

Does that mean miners get 23%  Angry

No, what it means is out of a 14K block, 20% goes to the budget for the next month, leaving an 11K block.

That 11K block is split between One lucky masternode, and the lucky miner.  So thats 50% for the miner NET, after our budgeting system allocates a share.  And remember, this is where the deceitful naysayers kick in- Remember, if we had a budget like dash, where we could only spend 50% of the budget, the rest of those coins are burnt!  So our budget Is not always 20% of each block; that is the MAX.

Now out of the 11K block where you get Half (or 5500 BBP as a miner), the pool fee of 17% is TEMPORARILY deducted from Pool winners, but only until the pool is healthy; with our auto payment system coming in 7 days, I believe its going to be healthy; the normal pool fees are more like 4% over the long term; so again, dont be deceived and say we are charging 17% forever for fees when we are charging 4% for the pool over the long term.  The pool has amazing features that costed a lot of development time that are unique: such as gospel links, orphan writing, orphan bios, orphan SAN, Expense tracking, budgets, proposals, Etc.  It does add value to biblepay, and this high temporary pool fee will go down day to day over the next 45 days.

So for the realists out there:
20% for our budgets from each block - and 100% of our charity goes to orphans with no overhead
Of the remaining 80%: 50% to miner, 50% to sanctuary if Solo mining
If pool mining: 50% to sanctuary, ~45% to miner over the long term <- this is more realistic, temporarily 50/33 for a couple days
If pool mining @ minersofmen: 50%, 50% (If minersofmen is up?)

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:34:56 PM

Alright, I just told the pool to release the current budget (this is a decentralized feature btw, its just a one page hex command that is a little technical, if I die Im sure someone here like Alex can figure it out, you then paste this 300,000 hex command into a valid masternode - any biblepay masternode and it kicks it over for the next superblock).  This combines our winning proposals into a budget object and creates a superblock trigger for the next height.  The budget TXID is updated on the current proposal records and they become budget proposal records in contrast to proposal records.

Anyway, the superblock is coming at block 24600 (getsuperblockbudget 24600).

Now you should be able to right click on the Budget row, (they all have the same budget ID btw - there is just one budget to vote on), and copy
 the vote for budget command, and go ahead and vote from your sanctuary to vote for or against the current budget.

If all goes well, at block 24600, we will automatically emit the payments to the proposal recipients, and the rows will move from the Budget to the Funded object.

Ill take a look at adding another chart for our Budget for fun.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

hey all,

What are the block rewards for BiblePay per new block?
If I look at explorer I always see two values per block like:
https://biblepay-explorer.org/tx/80c48baf052752cebb2d693d4e2edbc8c2aebfd5dd011caff7acdab6262db1b3

Is the reward then ~7k for one block or  ~14k

Just learning this  Wink

Edit:
Figured it out myself.

Block reward is around ~14k BBP.
50% goes to the pool and 50% to Masternode.

First page shows masternodes get 10%  Roll Eyes

So 100% = ~ 14k BBP
Masternodes 50%
Donations 10%
Pool Fees 17%

Does that mean miners get 23%  Angry

No, what it means is out of a 14K block, 20% goes to the budget for the next month, leaving an 11K block.

That 11K block is split between One lucky masternode, and the lucky miner.  So thats 50% for the miner NET, after our budgeting system allocates a share.  And remember, this is where the deceitful naysayers kick in- Remember, if we had a budget like dash, where we could only spend 50% of the budget, the rest of those coins are burnt!  So our budget Is not always 20% of each block; that is the MAX.

Now out of the 11K block where you get Half (or 5500 BBP as a miner), the pool fee of 17% is TEMPORARILY deducted from Pool winners, but only until the pool is healthy; with our auto payment system coming in 7 days, I believe its going to be healthy; the normal pool fees are more like 4% over the long term; so again, dont be deceived and say we are charging 17% forever for fees when we are charging 4% for the pool over the long term.  The pool has amazing features that costed a lot of development time that are unique: such as gospel links, orphan writing, orphan bios, orphan SAN, Expense tracking, budgets, proposals, Etc.  It does add value to biblepay, and this high temporary pool fee will go down day to day over the next 45 days.

20% for our budgets from each block - and 100% of our charity goes to orphans with no overhead
If pool mining: 50% to sanctuary, ~45% to miner over the long term <- this is more realistic, temporarily 50/33 for a couple days

And I catch your drift, if you want to work with Gross numbers:

Out of a 14000 BBP block, a miner receives 40% of the block NET counting all possible deductions (budget,pool fees,sanctuary share everything), and today-tempoarily receives 33% of the block counting high pool fees (as of today).  Count on that 33% rising over the next 40 days back up to 39% of the block.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
CryptoMaskNL

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:51:52 PM

[/quote]

Out of a 14000 BBP block, a miner receives 40% of the block NET counting all possible deductions (budget,pool fees,sanctuary share everything), and today-tempoarily receives 33% of the block counting high pool fees (as of today).  Count on that 33% rising over the next 40 days back up to 39% of the block.

[/quote]

Thanks Rob,

Not that I think it's unfair, but it's better to give good amounts of all fees and rewards.
Everywhere u read different value's. Just make one place where u update all information so it's clear for everyone.

Besides that... I think 50% for a masternode is already high. From start it was 10% masternode 80% miner.
If u lower more from the miners they might leave ofcourse.

The pool is good, but with higher fees people just might make a own pool or mine solo. I think that's what we see now.
In the reports from last night I've seen our pool missed even 20 blocks in a row (like 3,3 hour) so someone else got those blocks.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 04:02:54 PM

Is anyone out there that would like to test a beta feature, someone that will be around in a couple hours (I believe my wife is sick and not wanting to go to church today, so I will probably be here playing our audio NKJV bible), anyway what I need help with is:

Someone to log in to the pool, that has a balance > 1000 bbp
Go to Account
Verify your bbp receiving address in Prod is correct
Click the button to Set up automatic payments
Post username here
Write down your balance

Then over the next 2 hours, I will beta a test an auto withdrawal for a few people, then you can report back the finidings:
- BBP was deducted properly, and transaction history has the correct deduction showing

Thanks!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:57:09 PM

Is anyone out there that would like to test a beta feature, someone that will be around in a couple hours (I believe my wife is sick and not wanting to go to church today, so I will probably be here playing our audio NKJV bible), anyway what I need help with is:

Go to Account
Post username here
Write down your balance

Then over the next 2 hours, I will beta a test an auto withdrawal for a few people, then you can report back the finidings:
- BBP was deducted properly, and transaction history has the correct deduction showing

Thanks!

616Westwarmoth, did the above, and wrote down my balance as of 10:55am CST.   

One suggestion, have it send an email to authorize it, and as part of the authorization, send 1 BBP to the "known" address.  Tell the user, check your BBP balance in wallet, did you recieve 1 BBP at approx XX:XX AM?

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:03:27 PM

inblue pointed this out on the discord,
There's a post in /r/CryptoCurrency about BiblePay with over 400 upvotes! about being ranked 666 in market cap
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7n5h6m/biblepay_currently_ranked_666/

As inblue said: "Well, there's no such thing as bad publicity Smiley"

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 05:59:54 PM

Go to Account
Post username here
Write down your balance

Thanks!

616Westwarmoth, did the above, and wrote down my balance as of 10:55am CST.   

One suggestion, have it send an email to authorize it, and as part of the authorization, send 1 BBP to the "known" address.  Tell the user, check your BBP balance in wallet, did you recieve 1 BBP at approx XX:XX AM?

It will create one multioutput transaction once per day destined to users who authorized auto-withdrawals for approximately 5% of the mature owed balance, and then over time, this will be increased in percentage as the pool health improves up to about 50% of the balance each day.

(There is no preauthorization feature).

Ill let you know as soon as Im ready to test the first auto-send.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
canopus11

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:08:11 PM

MN rewards works on random lucky style?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 06:09:14 PM

Ok, I let the pool run its daily auto-withdraw feature (but remember, this is not in prod yet, so it wont go live until Monday night or so), but anyway it picked up three recipients:
and me

Could you guys please check your transaction history now, it should say "auto withdrawal".
Thanks for helping out.

EDIT: Dont worry, it will not dock the accounts unless every biblepay address is validated, and a TXID is generated, so have no fear, you arent charged unless there is a txid on the network that we can trace every day.  Its very similar to our superblocks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 06:10:29 PM

MN rewards works on random lucky style?
Yes, type in masternode winners.  Those are the ones who "win" each upcoming block.  However, we do use an algorithm that rotates to the ones who have not been paid, so actually they all get paid.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
canopus11

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:25:00 PM

why isnt rewards numbers blocks/numbers MN .... by me lucky/random rewarding isnt transparency

205blocks for 24hours / numbers of MN this style is fair for all MN ..

can be that 1MN get 30-40% all rewards still?

1.auto-payout= i see that i can automatic payments= can i press that button?
thanks
616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:41:13 PM

Ok, I let the pool run its daily auto-withdraw feature (but remember, this is not in prod yet, so it wont go live until Monday night or so), but anyway it picked up three recipients:
and me

Could you guys please check your transaction history now, it should say "auto withdrawal".
Thanks for helping out.

EDIT: Dont worry, it will not dock the accounts unless every biblepay address is validated, and a TXID is generated, so have no fear, you arent charged unless there is a txid on the network that we can trace every day.  Its very similar to our superblocks.

Got an auto payout on 12/31/17 at 12:04 CST 287.36  BBP (TX ID 9e53d3beb41b93f9df7db6361113f18877123f4f5b06037f75c8f5ccfa618112-000)

616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:45:00 PM

why isnt rewards numbers blocks/numbers MN .... by me lucky/random rewarding isnt transparency

thanks

The MN payout structure should over time work itself out for the most part.  I really would have rather seen the DASH style of winner selection since 1) It's already been in production for quite a while and for the most part works and 2) In the early days of the coin it would work out the statistical variation better.  However, this coin is trying out a lot of things and in the end, I'm pretty sure it will even out.  Just in the short term it really is sub-optimal for some which is a shame as the rewards are the highest they'll ever be.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 06:45:37 PM

thanks

You can push the button, but it wont start for a couple days.

Ill let you guys address the sanctuaries question, its a very fair system.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 06:48:02 PM

thanks

The MN payout structure should over time work itself out for the most part.  I really would have rather seen the DASH style of winner selection since 1) It's already been in production for quite a while and for the most part works and 2) In the early days of the coin it would work out the statistical variation better.  However, this coin is trying out a lot of things and in the end, I'm pretty sure it will even out.  Just in the short term it really is sub-optimal for some which is a shame as the rewards are the highest they'll ever be.

We do have the dash features; they started out the same way- random for one cycle, then everyone is paid in order- we do exactly the same.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:54:04 PM

thanks

We do have the dash features; they started out the same way- random for one cycle, then everyone is paid in order- we do exactly the same.

I may have misunderstood the DASH MN system, but there are still times when one MN gets two consecutive payments.  So they end up ahead of the pack.

hvdb

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:28:27 PM

Out of a 14000 BBP block, a miner receives 40% of the block NET counting all possible deductions (budget,pool fees,sanctuary share everything), and today-tempoarily receives 33% of the block counting high pool fees (as of today).  Count on that 33% rising over the next 40 days back up to 39% of the block.

[/quote]

Thanks Rob,

Not that I think it's unfair, but it's better to give good amounts of all fees and rewards.
Everywhere u read different value's. Just make one place where u update all information so it's clear for everyone.

Besides that... I think 50% for a masternode is already high. From start it was 10% masternode 80% miner.
If u lower more from the miners they might leave ofcourse.

The pool is good, but with higher fees people just might make a own pool or mine solo. I think that's what we see now.
In the reports from last night I've seen our pool missed even 20 blocks in a row (like 3,3 hour) so someone else got those blocks.

[/quote]

Indeed, 50% feels like a lot but it't only for the lucky mn right, not devided over MN like a pool?
Especially since you can also run a miner on the same machine so there is no need to have a dedicated server.

We have 58 MN.

Every 10(?) minutes a block is mined.
So 144 blocks per day spread over 58 mn: would mean that each MN would get 2 blocks at leasts per day.
Which is 11.000 coins.

which is a lot more then a miner would get even with a lot of servers and has power running....

Or do I misunderstood something?

I understand the pool fee and it's fine for now but it also scares people away and they go mine solo which effectively makes the pool less performing and the payout to pool members is lower.
Which in turn can lead more people into mine solo...

But we get more and more miners on the pool and apparently more solo miners which means the coin is getting better known.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: