Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:53:56 PM

In DASH, so in this coin as well, they take the yes votes minus the no votes.  If that number is greater than 10% of the total nodes at Superblock time, it is approved, otherwise it is denied.  So 6 yes - 1 no = 5 net, if 50 or less MN at Superblock it would pass, if 51 MN it would fail.

Thanks west and inblue Smiley It's clear to me now.

And welcome back (although you never left) inblue!

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:54:24 PM

Btw Togo, I hope you don't mind that I have stolen your signature Smiley

Hehehe, I was planning to post it so everyone could have it hahaha Smiley

Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064]BiblePay (BBP)[/url] | [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/]Reddit[/url] - [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064]Twitter[/url] - [url=http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php]Forum[/url] - [url=https://join.slack.com/t/biblepay/shared_invite/enQtMjgxMzI1NDgyNDk2LTQ4NzMzYjhkMWU4ZGYwYTI2MWU2YjU5Mzg3NmRhNTlmODExMzliNTBjMjA2YzRlMDY3MmY4NTg1NjM1NjJlMDY]Slack[/url] | [url=https://c-cex.com/?p=bbp-btc]C-CEX[/url] - [url=https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-BBP.htm]CoinsMarkets[/url] | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel

To change Signature in top left click "PROFILE" >>> "Forum Profile Information" >>> add text to "Signature" textbox >>> Click "Change Profile"

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 10:13:44 PM

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=52.0

Be sure to vote No on this guys- this is one of the most redicules proposals Ive ever seen.

Lets make sure our Sanctuaries have the ability to say No when it makes sense.

Btw guys, burnt coins are coins that go for the greater good: for the children.  Every coin we save raises the price of BBP and allows us to sponsor more children.  We are compassionate DAC, not a wasteful dac.

And, Blue you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to steal our hard investors hard earned money, and divert it from our ministry.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:20:57 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 11:03:09 PM by inblue

Be sure to vote No on this guys- this is one of the most redicules proposals Ive ever seen.

Btw guys, burnt coins are coins that go for the greater good: for the children.  Every coin we save raises the price of BBP and allows us to sponsor more children.  We are compassionate DAC, not a wasteful dac.

And, Blue you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to steal our hard investors hard earned money, and divert it from our ministry.

I can't copy vote proposal ID from the proposal list, it says it's prepared but not submitted. I guess it will be available after some time? But in "gobject list" I see one proposal with 0 votes which has a hash, but is missing a lot of the other info.

Edit: I just tried to vote on it and it succeeded, is that intended to work? See below
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:23:06 PM

Is it just me or is the mining after the wallet update much more CPU intensive?
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:32:36 PM

"On the windows version I keep getting gui errors? I can't view the wallet.

GUI: setGeometryDp: Unable to set geometry 5x13+192+124 on QWidgetWindow/'QLabelClassWindow'. Resulting geometry: 120x13+192+124 (frame: 8, 31, 8, 8, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 0x0, maximum size: 16777215x16777215)" -Pesky-Ninja

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7l3dzp/mandatory_upgrade_v1071/drjiaw9/

inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:40:58 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 11:02:04 PM by inblue

Btw guys, burnt coins are coins that go for the greater good: for the children.  Every coin we save raises the price of BBP and allows us to sponsor more children.  We are compassionate DAC, not a wasteful dac.

I can't copy vote proposal ID from the proposal list, it says it's prepared but not submitted. I guess it will be available after some time? But in "gobject list" I see one proposal with 0 votes which has a hash, but is missing a lot of the other info.

Edit: I just tried to vote on it and it succeeded, is that intended to work?

OK, now it appeared, its hash is 14ec3b00c46a8f1090be5bc46100e5df547f5e9ed6c3cba8a75ca72b4a9ef572.

But earlier I voted on something else, which is not in the list of proposals at the pool, but it's in gobject list:
gobject get 0ee1434dff1b7801f57aa649384799cd6a4d0ebb18b75cd9b3f1b73035a6efbc - What is this?
inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:58:53 PM

Btw guys, burnt coins are coins that go for the greater good: for the children.  Every coin we save raises the price of BBP and allows us to sponsor more children.

I forgot about that, that's good to know. So not all budget has to be spent, especially if it's not reasonable. I was reading the Dash articles Togo linked earlier, so maybe each time we also have to ask ourselves "is doing this proposal better than burning the coins and increasing value per coin?". But I wonder where is the limit for Compassion, that is, is there a reason why wouldn't all (or most) unspent coins go to Compassion? In other words, which is better - to immediately send more money to the children, or to send less and burn some of it, thereby increasing value for the future sends?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:13:45 PM

KING IS HERE .. inblue is coming

pls ROB can you to add most req statistic for all miners?  you promised,iits question few seconds to add it Miner_Who_Found_Block

thanks...appreciate it

Its not a priority Slovakia, you dont have an influence on what is worked next.  I prioritize things that are important, generally with the most impact for the greatest good.

If you would limit your greedy motives for a minute, and offer a helping hand here maybe things would change.  How about writing a help guide for us for one of our systems?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
whirlingblue

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:17:58 PM

Is it just me or is the mining after the wallet update much more CPU intensive?

It is. My CPU fan is spinning like crazy, and I've gone from being able to mine in the background to barely being able to move my cursor. I'm going to quit mining this coin because frying my CPU doesn't seem very worth it at this point.
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:25:41 PM

Are there two blue's?

inblue
&
whirlingblue = blue on BiblePay forum?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:30:46 PM

Btw guys, burnt coins are coins that go for the greater good: for the children.  Every coin we save raises the price of BBP and allows us to sponsor more children.

I forgot about that, that's good to know. So not all budget has to be spent, especially if it's not reasonable. I was reading the Dash articles Togo linked earlier, so maybe each time we also have to ask ourselves "is doing this proposal better than burning the coins and increasing value per coin?". But I wonder where is the limit for Compassion, that is, is there a reason why wouldn't all (or most) unspent coins go to Compassion? In other words, which is better - to immediately send more money to the children, or to send less and burn some of it, thereby increasing value for the future sends?

We have a breakdown of 10% for charity, and that slice is sponsoring 188 orphans and is currently in deficit for about $5k.  Ill sponsor more from compassion as soon as the deficit is cleared, and as long as someone else does not add a new charity in the budget by then.

REMEMBER ALL:  We have IT integration with compassion for the inbound letters, the outbound letters, the orphan row click (biographies), and they have translators, so remember we potentially lose all that if we sponsor children from another charity.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:33:59 PM

Are there two blue's?

inblue
&
whirlingblue = blue on BiblePay forum?

I am myself and I don't have any other account. I don't know why they chose confusing names, and I don't want to be affiliated with "blue" from the BiblePay forum. There I am also "inblue".
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:39:38 PM

biblepay is any embargo?  Shocked

whirlingblue

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:39:52 PM

I chose the name because my irl friends call me "blue" so I typically fit it into my screen names wherever I go. I'm not trying to confuse or deceive anyone.
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:43:06 PM

We have a breakdown of 10% for charity, and that slice is sponsoring 188 orphans and is currently in deficit for about $5k.  Ill sponsor more from compassion as soon as the deficit is cleared, and as long as someone else does not add a new charity in the budget by then.

REMEMBER ALL:  We have IT integration with compassion for the inbound letters, the outbound letters, the orphan row click (biographies), and they have translators, so remember we potentially lose all that if we sponsor children from another charity.

So thats at least 2-3 million coins we will need to do that?
Will you be creating proposal soon? Smiley I will vote right away!

Also, are the budget categories hardcoded in? It seems like its just one big budget and we have to do some work ourselves to balance it out correctly?
Im totally okay if it fluctuates. Especially in this case where Charity is #1 priority.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:53:33 PM

We have a breakdown of 10% for charity, and that slice is sponsoring 188 orphans and is currently in deficit for about $5k.  Ill sponsor more from compassion as soon as the deficit is cleared, and as long as someone else does not add a new charity in the budget by then.

REMEMBER ALL:  We have IT integration with compassion for the inbound letters, the outbound letters, the orphan row click (biographies), and they have translators, so remember we potentially lose all that if we sponsor children from another charity.

Also, are the budget categories hardcoded in? It seems like its just one big budget and we have to do some work ourselves to balance it out correctly?

Lets see:
// Final Distribution: 10% Charity, 2.5% PR, 2.5% P2P, 5% for IT

So I will enter a proposal for about 2.8MM coins for compassion, (thats half of the total budget, equal to the full charity budget), and when I sell them, it will be clear how much was raised (as we have the Orphan Fundraiser records in the pool), and of course, if we end up going in the black, Ill try to be more careful and only sponsor new children where the amount extends out to One Year (of premiums), so we have a buffer (we talked about that in the beginning).  This month was just a fiasco due to some issues at compassion, that is a different story.

Regarding IT, I have a recurring expense for some things, like web hosting and AWS (Storefront integration) but its not a lot of money.  Ill probably make an IT proposal for that, and one for "payroll" for myself.  Since this is a monthly budget, Im thinking about approx 60 hours, but Ill have more details later, when I make the proposal for that, Im going to attempt to make the forum link have details that link to github issues, so when we attract paid devs, I can base their payroll on commits for projects.

Yes, as far as figuring it ourself, we do have to multiply our 5.78MM superblock budget by the percents currently, but let me think of a way to streamline that.  This first month is more of a manual process.  We do have the capability however to hold proposals back from the budget, once we exceed 5.7MM in proposals.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:01:36 AM

so of the budget that would be 50% Charity, 12.5% PR, 12.5% P2P, 25% IT

5,789,219.786313 Total BBP this Budget cycle:

50.0% Charity = 2,894,609.89
12.5% PR        =   723,652.47
12.5% P2P       =   723,652.47
25.0% IT         = 1,447,304.94

(I rounded the decimals at the end)

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:29:38 AM

We have a breakdown of 10% for charity, and that slice is sponsoring 188 orphans and is currently in deficit for about $5k.  Ill sponsor more from compassion as soon as the deficit is cleared, and as long as someone else does not add a new charity in the budget by then.

REMEMBER ALL:  We have IT integration with compassion for the inbound letters, the outbound letters, the orphan row click (biographies), and they have translators, so remember we potentially lose all that if we sponsor children from another charity.

Lets see:

So I will enter a proposal for about 2.8MM coins for compassion, (thats half of the total budget, equal to the full charity budget), and when I sell them, it will be clear how much was raised (as we have the Orphan Fundraiser records in the pool), and of course, if we end up going in the black, Ill try to be more careful and only sponsor new children where the amount extends out to One Year (of premiums), so we have a buffer (we talked about that in the beginning).  This month was just a fiasco due to some issues at compassion, that is a different story.

Regarding IT, I have a recurring expense for some things, like web hosting and AWS (Storefront integration) but its not a lot of money.  Ill probably make an IT proposal for that, and one for "payroll" for myself.  Since this is a monthly budget, Im thinking about approx 60 hours, but Ill have more details later, when I make the proposal for that, Im going to attempt to make the forum link have details that link to github issues, so when we attract paid devs, I can base their payroll on commits for projects.

Yes, as far as figuring it ourself, we do have to multiply our 5.78MM superblock budget by the percents currently, but let me think of a way to streamline that.  This first month is more of a manual process.  We do have the capability however to hold proposals back from the budget, once we exceed 5.7MM in proposals.

Will you consider on the Charity proposal the following:

1st order: Sponsor current orphans for another month.
2nd order: Repay "loan" from Dev (with accounting to help minimize critics)
3rd order: Part 1) Instead of sponsoring additional orphans, pay the current contracts forward.  Strive to have a full year pre-paid for each orphan.
3rd order: Part 2) The Compassion site says the average orphan is sponsored "usually through the school year in which the child reaches the age of 18 to 22". 
I would like to see from Compassion a breakdown by our current orphans of what age they'll need sponsorship to.  Then sponsor each of our current orphans to their full age before adding any more.

The reason for all this is I don't want to see any orphans have to be dropped if the coin price drops greatly.  Nor do I want to see their lives disrupted if the majority of MN decide they like a different charity better.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:07:45 AM

Lets see:

Will you consider on the Charity proposal the following:

1st order: Sponsor current orphans for another month.
2nd order: Repay "loan" from Dev (with accounting to help minimize critics)
3rd order: Part 1) Instead of sponsoring additional orphans, pay the current contracts forward.  Strive to have a full year pre-paid for each orphan.
3rd order: Part 2) The Compassion site says the average orphan is sponsored "usually through the school year in which the child reaches the age of 18 to 22". 
I would like to see from Compassion a breakdown by our current orphans of what age they'll need sponsorship to.  Then sponsor each of our current orphans to their full age before adding any more.

The reason for all this is I don't want to see any orphans have to be dropped if the coin price drops greatly.  Nor do I want to see their lives disrupted if the majority of MN decide they like a different charity better.

Yes, what we can do is after I sell the compassion coins (that will probably be Jan 30 of 2018, based on when ccex comes back) or so, if we have excess, instead of sponsoring new orphans Ill prepay some orphans premiums, and Ill add a column to our "Expenses" business object so we can all see the PrepaidPremiums column, so our budget is balanced.  No new orphans, good point, done.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: