Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:12:22 PM

Swongel is translating the ANN post into Dutch, got a message from him:

"I was translating and I stumbled upon what I think might be an error just checking with you before bothering Rob;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0 says 18% Deflation per year (1.5% per month).
1.5% per months would be 19,56% per year (1.01512) if I'm not mistaken;
also shouldn't it be Inflation? Since there will be coins added to the circulation and not subtracted?" -Swongel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:18:56 PM

I know its hard to upgrade so many devices, but 1.0.7.1 might be too old to tolerate - at least at this stage as the network isn't big enough to do it automatically.
I say lets move forward and kick them.

To you, Tiras, Slovakia, and the others complaining about the low hash power of the pool, yes I agree- maybe we should boot the botnet off.

I don't like the fact that a botnet has basically taken over the majority of the hash power here and refuses to run the latest code, which in some cases, is dangerous, as we are really a cutting edge community here.

The biggest issue I have with this is Id hate to just kick them off so they are forced to upgrade (by issuing a mandatory that refuses old blocks) and then have them upgrade and just do it again- then we are back at square 1 for our next upgrade.

The only way we can really do this properly is to make Biblepay a partial Proof-Of-Biblehash/Proof-of-stake hybrid, in the sense that you have to stake some of your balance in order to mine.  That would tend to kick off the botnets, the ones who have zero or low balances, and force the PC to re-stake old coins; it also requires a PC to create the block.

The idea here is lets say we make your (coin-age * coin-amount-staked) equal to the hash-target-boost you receive for that block.  Then we would tend to reward our loyal community with solutions, and not bot nets.  

I'm willing to research the solution tonight and see if we can potentially put this in testnet, as long as this can be done as a mandatory before c-cex reopens.  Otherwise we should probably deal with the botnet until June and explore the option for potential future release.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:20:47 PM

I've got the next video tutorial done.  https://youtu.be/5-WiMBCvI8g.  Updating Linux Masternode.  Will work some more on the basic installing on Windows and hope to have it out quicker than the turnaround this one took.  On the plus side, got the video editor working better, so it looks more professional.

Awesome! Ill add it to the sanctuary guide! Smiley
awesome? its 3 steps tutorial= stop+update+reindex ... on forum exists full tutorial from user KLONDIKE for setup masternode ...  Roll Eyes

python_man

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:21:30 PM

Hey guys just finished a PI setup guide. If you have a PI and want to try it please do so and let me know if you run into an issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7qnbp4/bbp_miner_on_pi/

I check the forms but reddit is the best way to let me know if you have an issue.

Thanks and god bless.
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

I know its hard to upgrade so many devices, but 1.0.7.1 might be too old to tolerate - at least at this stage as the network isn't big enough to do it automatically.

The only way we can really do this properly is to make Biblepay a partial Proof-Of-Biblehash/Proof-of-stake hybrid, in the sense that you have to stake some of your balance in order to mine.  That would tend to kick off the botnets, the ones who have zero or low balances, and force the PC to re-stake old coins; it also requires a PC to create the block.

The idea here is lets say we make your (coin-age * coin-amount-staked) equal to the hash-target-boost you receive for that block.  Then we would tend to reward our loyal community with solutions, and not bot nets.  

I'm willing to research the solution tonight and see if we can potentially put this in testnet, as long as this can be done as a mandatory before c-cex reopens.  Otherwise we should probably deal with the botnet until June and explore the option for potential future release.

im for PoBs/POS/hybrid

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:28:21 PM

Swongel is translating the ANN post into Dutch, got a message from him:

"I was translating and I stumbled upon what I think might be an error just checking with you before bothering Rob;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0 says 18% Deflation per year (1.5% per month).
1.5% per months would be 19,56% per year (1.01512) if I'm not mistaken;
also shouldn't it be Inflation? Since there will be coins added to the circulation and not subtracted?" -Swongel
Thanks, updated the OP to refer to 19.5% compounded and deflationary and added the wiki link.

There is a post on this forum explaining the compounding effect - I think it is about 10 pages back.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:37:49 PM

Alright, let's kick off the botnet.

The release will be ready in 4 hours.

I'll be back in about an hour when linux is ready to compile.

Get ready for one more release.

This next release is just going to accept blocks > 1.0.8.0 and not do anything new with POS-POBH.

That future feature really has to be developed with care and tested in testnet for a couple months, then we can put it in the June release, as long as everyone likes the design.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:39:22 PM

I've got the next video tutorial done.  https://youtu.be/5-WiMBCvI8g.  Updating Linux Masternode.  Will work some more on the basic installing on Windows and hope to have it out quicker than the turnaround this one took.  On the plus side, got the video editor working better, so it looks more professional.

awesome? its 3 steps tutorial= stop+update+reindex ... on forum exists full tutorial from user KLONDIKE for setup masternode ...  Roll Eyes

Will you post a link to Klondike's tutorial? Thanks
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:49:55 PM

To you, Tiras, Slovakia, and the others complaining about the low hash power of the pool, yes I agree- maybe we should boot the botnet off.

I don't like the fact that a botnet has basically taken over the majority of the hash power here and refuses to run the latest code, which in some cases, is dangerous, as we are really a cutting edge community here.

The biggest issue I have with this is Id hate to just kick them off so they are forced to upgrade (by issuing a mandatory that refuses old blocks) and then have them upgrade and just do it again- then we are back at square 1 for our next upgrade.

Even though I'd like to see the botnet gone, with just a few days til C-cex reopens it seems wise to wait. Another mandatory upgrade at this point will just raise stress levels and is unlikely to help the situation very much. We could find ourselves in a tight-spot if C-cex reopens early.
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:51:25 PM

This next release is just going to accept blocks > 1.0.8.0 and not do anything new with POS-POBH.

Sound great to kick it, but what does it means? Will that mean that all users then need the new release (> 1.0.8.0 including 1.0.8.0b) or is the current release (>= 1.0.8.0b) ok?
In anycase it is a really good motivation for me to go on with the debian package topic (http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=79.msg1053), I'm starting to hate the compilation on my systems Grin

By the way, it would be fantastic if more people could give me feedback on that topic (includes two proposal ideas) Smiley The forum seems a little bit "deserted", would it be better to post such topics here in the future?
I'm already diving deep into the debian package topic (I really think it is a good idea Smiley ), but I would still really love getting feedback on the pool idea.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:04:59 PM

Sound great to kick it, but what does it means? Will that mean that all users then need the new release (> 1.0.8.0 including 1.0.8.0b) or is the current release (>= 1.0.8.0b) ok?
In anycase it is a really good motivation for me to go on with the debian package topic (http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=79.msg1053), I'm starting to hate the compilation on my systems Grin

By the way, it would be fantastic if more people could give me feedback on that topic (includes two proposal ideas) Smiley The forum seems a little bit "deserted", would it be better to post such topics here in the future?
I'm already diving deep into the debian package topic (I really think it is a good idea Smiley ), but I would still really love getting feedback on the pool idea.

Guys, I hate seeing 3100 pool users hitting the pool and only solving 10% of the daily blocks, so that added to the motivation to do this.
I know this is just a game of cat & mouse with the botnet, but we might as well give them one more night of "chasing us" since they now will have to recompile at least 500 PCs in my estimation and will at least be running the latest software with instantsend.

But yes, I agree, I am not really going to play this game of cat and mouse much longer.  It happened with Darkcoin (they eventually abandoned PC mining algorithms, it happened with Vertcoin - they had a botnet take over the supermajority of their hashpower, and now, this botnet is trying to do it to us).  Im pretty sure we will need a hybrid proof-of-bible-stake algorithm mixed in next, but it needs to be done with more patience and testing this time around.

Tom, I understand where you are coming from, but I already went ahead and coded it, I think we can just go ahead and bite the bullet with one more upgrade, sorry for the inconvenience...  At least in 3 hours, the botnet will be gone and we will be the wild west over here for the night!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:08:31 PM

As far as what technically happens, we will release 1.0.8.1 in about 3 hours (30 minutes for linux), and everyone will be required to be on 1.0.8.1 before block 25900.  After block 25900, we will reject blocks from pre 1.0.8.0 clients.

Actually while we are doing this, why dont we go to 7 minute blocks also?  We might as well fix that now so that we can have more reliable superblocks and have the ability to pay compassion.com every 30 days?

Hang on guys... Ill push it back a little further and fix that now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
webster22

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:12:27 PM

I've got the next video tutorial done.  https://youtu.be/5-WiMBCvI8g.  Updating Linux Masternode.  Will work some more on the basic installing on Windows and hope to have it out quicker than the turnaround this one took.  On the plus side, got the video editor working better, so it looks more professional.

Nicely done 616westmoth. I check some of it out and your voice and content organization are great. My only comment would be to change the initial splash screen. It has a very washed out feel to it. Try to use all white colors so the text stands out
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:26:13 PM

I've got the next video tutorial done.  https://youtu.be/5-WiMBCvI8g.  Updating Linux Masternode.  Will work some more on the basic installing on Windows and hope to have it out quicker than the turnaround this one took.  On the plus side, got the video editor working better, so it looks more professional.

Nicely done 616westmoth. I check some of it out and your voice and content organization are great. My only comment would be to change the initial splash screen. It has a very washed out feel to it. Try to use all white colors so the text stands out

I'll adjust it next video, the white background was just way too bright for me so that's how I ended up there.   But I'll give it a second look and go from there, maybe it looks different on YouTube than in my graphics program.   I used GIMP for graphics, Davinci Resolve for video editing and the audio recording, and GeForce Experience's built in screen recording on my NVidia Card. 

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:36:02 PM

Will you post a link to Klondike's tutorial? Thanks

Slovakia and Klondike are one and the same person Grin And I don't understand why Slovakia is bashing on the youtube videos, because West is gonna make a lot more and help people like Slovakia. Slovakia happens to be someone who isn't good at reading instructions. I helped him set up a masternode in testnet, and he was continuously saying that the instructions were bad, but in reality he just wasn't reading them with enough attention. So video's would probably help (people like) Slovakia tremendously in setting up and updating stuff, since his efforts will be reduced to copying the graphical representation that is shown to him.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:59:45 PM

Alright guys, this has to be our last mandatory for a few months.

This is a pre-release notification for Linux only, if you are on linux you can start upgrading:

BiblePay - 1.0.8.1
Mandatory Upgrade for entire network
Cutover Height: 25910

- Filter botnet
- 7 minute block targets
- At block 25910, old clients fork

Windows is compiling...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:03:24 AM

Alright guys, this has to be our last mandatory for a few months.
This is a pre-release notification for Linux only, if you are on linux you can start upgrading:
BiblePay - 1.0.8.1
Mandatory Upgrade for entire network
Cutover Height: 25910

- Filter botnet
- 7 minute block targets
- At block 25910, old clients fork

Already compiled (1.0.8.1b) on my linux systems, looks good so far, compiling works, daemon runs and is mining Smiley

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:17:37 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 12:50:05 AM by togoshigekata

Dutch Translation of ANN Post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2762522

If anyone who is Dutch or knows Dutch could review for accuracy and click "watch" on the thread, that would be awesome! I dont know Dutch lol

===

Anyone who knows any other languages, please help translate! I will gladly reward in BBP Smiley
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7qmt6m/bitcointalk_main_post_language_translations/

Freebish86

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:39:36 AM

Any link on how to get BiblePay keys to wallet to retrieve BBP coins incase computer crashes?

Thanks
Freebish86

BBP coins you cant taste, touch or smell but helps those in need!!!
tiras

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Any link on how to get BiblePay keys to wallet to retrieve BBP coins incase computer crashes?

Thanks
Freebish86

BBP coins you cant taste, touch or smell but helps those in need!!!

dumpprivkey "biblepayaddress"

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: