Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243125 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
aikida3k

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:55:05 PM

I have a simple question.  gen=1 just sets generate coins to true, is that right?  It doesn't influence number of processors or cores being used.  And genproclimit=X is the number of threads.  If you have a 12 thread processor and want to use all threads genproclimit=12.  If you have multi processors would you leave it at 12 or use the multiple of processors or cores?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:56:56 PM

I have a simple question.  gen=1 just sets generate coins to true, is that right?  It doesn't influence number of processors or cores being used.  And genproclimit=X is the number of threads. If you have a 12 thread processor and want to use all threads genproclimit=12.  If you have multi processors would you leave it at 12 or use the multiple of processors or cores?

Correct! For best number of mining threads I would play around with different numbers and see which amount maxes out your CPU, Note, it does take a few minutes for the mining to stabilize

oliwer21

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:58:52 PM

I have a simple question.  gen=1 just sets generate coins to true, is that right?  It doesn't influence number of processors or cores being used.  And genproclimit=X is the number of threads.  If you have a 12 thread processor and want to use all threads genproclimit=12.  If you have multi processors would you leave it at 12 or use the multiple of processors or cores?
If you have 12 thread cpu use 18 or up to 24... if you want use power of your cpu.
If there wasn't changes in wallet in this matter....
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:13:34 PM

Another thing we should consider doing is having a Goat drive:

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/donate-a-goat-charity-gift.htm?referer=566162&utm_source=xmpie&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gc4_control_FY18

We should be able to afford a few goats as a new proposal.

Maybe someone can take up the responsibility for adding goat proposals, and seeing to it they are funded.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:41:28 PM

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/donate-a-goat-charity-gift.htm?referer=566162&utm_source=xmpie&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gc4_control_FY18

Maybe someone can take up the responsibility for adding goat proposals, and seeing to it they are funded.

Wow, there is a lot of stuff there, all amazing! Take a look everyone:

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/view-all.htm

I think this is just perfect for BiblePay.
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:50:44 PM

Code:
getgovernanceinfo
getsuperblockbudget 24600

We are currently on block 22005 https://biblepay-explorer.org/
So 2,595 blocks to go, at 7 minute block rate = 12.6 days, so around January 1st we will hit the superblock

There are currently 5,789,219.786313 BBP coins in this superblock budget.
So far only about ~10% of those coins have been requested in proposals.

Im assuming Rob will request 1-2+ million BBP for Compassion Charity,
and Im hoping he requests many coins for his IT work
But that should still leave a bunch of coins left in the budget, and if they dont get used they get burned/deleted.

ANYONE can create a proposal and request coins: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#SUBMIT_PROPOSAL
Im surprised there aren't more people creating proposals!

For a proposal to be approved it has to receive a net 10% of Yes votes
(there are currently 48 sanctuaries, so you will probably need 5 Yes votes)

togoshigekata

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:56:19 PM

cryptomaster13

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:03:36 PM

As name of Bible i bought 0.2 millions this coins and now its not trade on CoinsMarket Exchange and also showing Wallet in Maintenance in C-Cex exchange.
Totally helpless to withdraw and transfer to BBP wallet. PLz reply when will open Maintenance from C-CEX and new exchange for price booming..??

C-Cex and CoinsMarket Exchange are independent of BBP.  The hope is to get listed on a bigger, more stable exchange, but the C-Cex issues at this point is the result of the owner of the site going on vacation, which that owner should have likely made more clear sooner.  The CoinsMarket Exchange from what I understand is just waiting to make sure all the mandatory upgrading is done for the time being (which the Dev has stated it is).  I'd think that they'd be back on line sooner rather than later but it's really up to the operator of the site to make that determination to some extent.

Meaning is that i lost my BBP in C-CEX?Huh? OR what???

No, you haven't lost your BBP. But c-cex is not fully functional right now because the owners are on vacation. This can take up to a month.
Thanks for reply,
BBP is showing as MAINTENANCE? What is in Maintenance actually?? BBP wallet OR C-CEX???
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:07:05 PM

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

How does the 10% work exactly? I wonder why it's so low, because there could be an attack vector here. If I had 5 sanctuaries (or worked together with someone else to get a total of 5), I could wait until just before the voting deadline, and vote funds that would else be burned to go to a private adres.

Of course people are gonna notice, but I presume the voting is anonymous?

Also: I would also like to see a lot of proposals, but I personally think this will work best if plans and rewards are discussed before submitting a proposal, just so we don't get drenched in work sifting through all the proposals.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:10:45 PM

Thanks for reply,
BBP is showing as MAINTENANCE? What is in Maintenance actually?? BBP wallet OR C-CEX???

So here is the more complete explanation.  The wallet was put in Maintenance mode due to the mandatory upgrades needed to implement Sanctuaries (i.e., Masternodes).  With the wallet in maintenance mode, no coins of that type can enter or leave the exchange, however they can still be traded internally to the site.  The owner of the site decided to take a vacation and I'm sure neither party, the site owner nor our Dev, knew it would impact things like this until it was set fully in motion.  So, with the site owner on vacation until January, once the wallet is "good to go", he won't be there to update it to the correct version to take it out of maintenance.  So for the near future, no deposits nor withdrawals at C-Cex of BBP.   You could in theory trade your BBP for BTC and then transfer the BTC out (although the BTC fees are pretty steep, so you'd likely want a 3rd step which would be to trade BTC-3rd Coin, and withdraw that coin).

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:11:21 PM

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

We are currently on block 22005 https://biblepay-explorer.org/
So 2,595 blocks to go, at 7 minute block rate = 12.6 days, so around January 1st we will hit the superblock

There are currently 5,789,219.786313 BBP coins in this superblock budget.
So far only about ~10% of those coins have been requested in proposals.

Im assuming Rob will request 1-2+ million BBP for Compassion Charity,
and Im hoping he requests many coins for his IT work
But that should still leave a bunch of coins left in the budget, and if they dont get used they get burned/deleted.

ANYONE can create a proposal and request coins: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#SUBMIT_PROPOSAL
Im surprised there aren't more people creating proposals!

I was also thinking about this. And it's actually awesome to have a budget of $40,000 per month already!

I don't know how will the Compassion part be determined every month, but I remembered that with this budget, I think it's completely acceptable to get a listing at masternodes.online (https://masternodes.online/new-masternode-coins/).

Because, even though it's kind of expensive at 0.125 BTC / $2,000, it's only about 5% of the budget, which is not even filled and will get burned if not used.

Also, they accept directly BBP, which is great really. I could make a proposal for this if it is a good idea.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:11:40 PM

Thanks, we missed you here, hopefully you will be mining again.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:12:36 PM

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

How does the 10% work exactly? I wonder why it's so low, because there could be an attack vector here. If I had 5 sanctuaries (or worked together with someone else to get a total of 5), I could wait until just before the voting deadline, and vote funds that would else be burned to go to a private adres.

Also: I would also like to see a lot of proposals, but I personally think this will work best if plans and rewards are discussed before submitting a proposal, just so we don't get drenched in work sifting through all the proposals.

In DASH, so in this coin as well, they take the yes votes minus the no votes.  If that number is greater than 10% of the total nodes at Superblock time, it is approved, otherwise it is denied.  So 6 yes - 1 no = 5 net, if 50 or less MN at Superblock it would pass, if 51 MN it would fail.

inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:14:01 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 09:50:31 PM by inblue

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

It's not just 5 yes votes, but 5 absolute yes votes (as seen on the pool proposal list). So if there's a rogue proposal, other sincere nodes should vote "no" and the rogue proposal will not get funded.
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:15:33 PM

I was also thinking about this. And it's actually awesome to have a budget of $40,000 per month already!

I don't know how will the Compassion part be determined every month, but I remembered that with this budget, I think it's completely acceptable to get a listing at masternodes.online (https://masternodes.online/new-masternode-coins/).

Because, even though it's kind of expensive at 0.125 BTC / $2,000, it's only about 5% of the budget, which is not even filled and will get burned if not used.

Also, they accept directly BBP, which is great really. I could make a proposal for this if it is a good idea.

Go for it inblue! I wasnt sold on the price for masternodes.online, but 616west also likes it.
If you guys could negotiate with them that would be awesome. ("every contract is negotiable" Wink)

inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:21:01 PM

Thanks, we missed you here, hopefully you will be mining again.

I actually never left, I was still following because I love this project. Smiley Excellent job so far Rob, you managed to do so much in so little time! And with such a great team, such as Alex, Togo, West...

I stopped mining, but I set up a masternode, which is awesome, as I would like to be involved in the proposals and the voting. It feels good to be part of the forward movement of this coin, just as it was for the lucky ones at the time Dash masternodes cost the same as BiblePay masternodes now Smiley
616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:30:11 PM

Go for it inblue! I wasnt sold on the price for masternodes.online, but 616west also likes it.
If you guys could negotiate with them that would be awesome. ("every contract is negotiable" Wink)

If you look at the two sites, they're fairly similar.  And inblue, I am free today and tomorrow and don't mind doing the legwork on that if can't, just let me know.

inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:39:15 PM

If you look at the two sites, they're fairly similar.  And inblue, I am free today and tomorrow and don't mind doing the legwork on that if can't, just let me know.

Yeah, I'm not so good with time these days, so go ahead, it's great if you can do it. I'm just not so much for haggling for price, because maybe that would insult the owner of the site (even though his price could be considered insulting), but my point is that it seems we already have more than enough funds for that, so why negotiate? Although I still don't know how it's determined how much should Compassion get.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:42:23 PM

KING IS HERE .. inblue is coming

pls ROB can you to add most req statistic for all miners?  you promised,iits question few seconds to add it Miner_Who_Found_Block

thanks...appreciate it

inblue

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:46:01 PM

KING IS HERE .. inblue is coming

Haha thanks. Smiley

Btw Togo, I hope you don't mind that I have stolen your signature Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: