Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:23:45 PM

Please Everyone Read this:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof_Of_Loyalty

This is what I am working on to stave off the botnet.

The idea here is to ensure we have the information explained in a clear manner that captures the essence of the two key algorithms, so they can be conveyed as an enhancement to PoBh, and that so everyone understands the algorithm.

The plan is to enhance PoBH to be a hybrid: PoBH/POL.  This will also help reward our loyal investors, those who help tithe the children, with the propensity for more rewards - and also, to help us make mobile mining on mobile phones a reality for the poor unbanked in the world.

My plan is to add the algorithm to testnet only, and to start testing this in a couple days in testnet.

Please if you have any concerns or questions lets discuss them so we can make this the best enhancement possible, and also regain our network back at the same time.

If we can test this over the next 30 days in testnet, we could potentially go live end of March with a mandatory.

Note, I do want 50 or so of us to start getting ready for testnet again, but a mandatory upgrade will be required for testnet so please ready machine but do not bother syncing.

PS Ill add Pool Effects to the wiki.

That sounds awesome, I'm really curious how this will come into being! After reading the wiki I'm asking myself how all of this will work out for the different machines one owns. For example: I have 5 physical machines and 5 small virtual ones (rented). All of my so far earned BBP (a small 6 figure sum...) is collected in one wallet on one PC (well of course it is, since the pool doesn't differentiate between the single machines anyway and pays out to one address :-D). If I understand this right then only my PC with the (then "staked") BBP will receive the bonus from the POS (or POL) algorithm and all the other machines won't? Or, if I try to distribute my BBP to all of my machines, then of course I will lose all my precious coin age? Is there another possibility to profit from previously earned coins on different machines?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:39:12 PM

This sounds like an interesting project, however it requires that more stable exchanges are used to trade the coin. Is there some other exchange on the road?

Yeah, we have been working with one of the top 5 over the last 45 days and they claim they are going to decide on Jan 24 if we are listed or not -  but they demanded they stay anonymous or deal can fall through.

Rob, honestly, that doesn't look normal by any means. I don't think any of the real top exchanges would do shady stuff like that. First of all, these days none of them have the time to do anything like that, they can barely keep up with all the chaos. Second of all, I've never heard of an exchange wanting to stay anonymous. They want to be seen and heard by everyone, as loudly as possible! And it's completely unprofessional to have the important "demand" to stay anonymous, or else (!) the deal can fall through. I think it's because the scammer behind it doesn't want people to ask the real exchange about BiblePay and find out that it's not planned at all or even heard of. In any case, if you didn't approach them, but they approached you, then it's a scam 100%. I would love to be wrong, but please Rob, be safe.

If that falls through Im going to be working with coinexchange.io and the decentralized ones that inblue posted a lot closer.

Crypto Bridge is gaining momentum very fast and based on some sources I follow, I predict it will be a very popular exchange soon, so it will also be great for people to discover BiblePay there while trading other coins. Also, I used it and it's the best experience I've ever had, everything is very fast and very slick. Some people on Twitter have even started saying something like "Once you go DEX, you never go back (to centralized exchanges)". Smiley
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:42:06 PM

The idea here is to ensure we have the information explained in a clear manner that captures the essence of the two key algorithms, so they can be conveyed as an enhancement to PoBh, and that so everyone understands the algorithm.

The plan is to enhance PoBH to be a hybrid: PoBH/POL.  This will also help reward our loyal investors, those who help tithe the children, with the propensity for more rewards - and also, to help us make mobile mining on mobile phones a reality for the poor unbanked in the world.

My plan is to add the algorithm to testnet only, and to start testing this in a couple days in testnet.

Please if you have any concerns or questions lets discuss them so we can make this the best enhancement possible, and also regain our network back at the same time.

If we can test this over the next 30 days in testnet, we could potentially go live end of March with a mandatory.

Note, I do want 50 or so of us to start getting ready for testnet again, but a mandatory upgrade will be required for testnet so please ready machine but do not bother syncing.

That sounds awesome, I'm really curious how this will come into being! After reading the wiki I'm asking myself how all of this will work out for the different machines one owns. For example: I have 5 physical machines and 5 small virtual ones (rented). All of my so far earned BBP (a small 6 figure sum...) is collected in one wallet on one PC (well of course it is, since the pool doesn't differentiate between the single machines anyway and pays out to one address :-D). If I understand this right then only my PC with the (then "staked") BBP will receive the bonus from the POS (or POL) algorithm and all the other machines won't? Or, if I try to distribute my BBP to all of my machines, then of course I will lose all my precious coin age? Is there another possibility to profit from previously earned coins on different machines?

Hi Dave,

Yes, you already gravitated in on the tradeoff with proof-of-stake systems, personal wallet security.  You do need to have something at stake in order to gain an edge with this system, so another words its harder to have cold wallets.  There are things we can do to help solve that problem however, such as promoting encrypted wallets and finding a way to unlock them for staking, but that is a much smaller problem than dealing with a botnet, something I think we can engineer a solution for over the long term.

Anyway to answer your question, the wallet at home would have a huge advantage and the ones that are rented would not hardly solve blocks at all.  You would need to transfer some BBP into the VPS wallets (or into a wallet.dat with a smaller balance and copy the wallet.dat to the VPS machines), then those machines would have an advantage.  

For the ones pointed at the pool, you would want to leave staking on, as we are going to reward a bonus to the one who finds the block.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:50:25 PM

This sounds like an interesting project, however it requires that more stable exchanges are used to trade the coin. Is there some other exchange on the road?

Yeah, we have been working with one of the top 5 over the last 45 days and they claim they are going to decide on Jan 24 if we are listed or not -  but they demanded they stay anonymous or deal can fall through.

Rob, honestly, that doesn't look normal by any means. I don't think any of the real top exchanges would do shady stuff like that. First of all, these days none of them have the time to do anything like that, they can barely keep up with all the chaos. Second of all, I've never heard of an exchange wanting to stay anonymous. They want to be seen and heard by everyone, as loudly as possible! And it's completely unprofessional to have the important "demand" to stay anonymous, or else (!) the deal can fall through. I think it's because the scammer behind it doesn't want people to ask the real exchange about BiblePay and find out that it's not planned at all or even heard of. In any case, if you didn't approach them, but they approached you, then it's a scam 100%. I would love to be wrong, but please Rob, be safe.

If that falls through Im going to be working with coinexchange.io and the decentralized ones that inblue posted a lot closer.

Crypto Bridge is gaining momentum very fast and based on some sources I follow, I predict it will be a very popular exchange soon, so it will also be great for people to discover BiblePay there while trading other coins. Also, I used it and it's the best experience I've ever had, everything is very fast and very slick. Some people on Twitter have even started saying something like "Once you go DEX, you never go back (to centralized exchanges)". Smiley

Hi InBlue.
I have heard of exchanges wanting to stay anonymous during the negotiation/listing phase.
It is happening the same with another community I know well.

Thanks 
inblue

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:53:04 PM

I just read it and I like it very much, good job! Smiley I think this will attract even more investors and our price will go up. These days an increasing number of people actually tend to stay invested in a certain coin long term, so this should attract them, especially with that name which is truly awesome and interesting - Proof of Loyalty.

And I love the idea of opening up the possibility of earning BiblePay on mobile devices because of staking which doesn't require much energy, especially in developing countries.

Thanks for being so active in developing new features.
znffal

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:55:42 PM

Hi Dave,

Yes, you already gravitated in on the tradeoff with proof-of-stake systems, personal wallet security.  You do need to have something at stake in order to gain an edge with this system, so another words its harder to have cold wallets.  There are things we can do to help solve that problem however, such as promoting encrypted wallets and finding a way to unlock them for staking, but that is a much smaller problem than dealing with a botnet, something I think we can engineer a solution for over the long term.

Anyway to answer your question, the wallet at home would have a huge advantage and the ones that are rented would not hardly solve blocks at all.  You would need to transfer some BBP into the VPS wallets (or into a wallet.dat with a smaller balance and copy the wallet.dat to the VPS machines), then those machines would have an advantage.  

For the ones pointed at the pool, you would want to leave staking on, as we are going to reward a bonus to the one who finds the block.

I'm totally winging it here, and I have no idea if it is possible or a good idea, but could one solution to this be to "stake" our pool balance?

i.e. If we have mined 2k BBP with vps servers, home machines all pointed at the pool, and leave the 2k BBP on the pool so that it can be staked, could that solve the moving BBP into VPS server issue?

Thanks
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:01:08 PM

Is there any external miner available for the any mining pool? I'd live to join mining bibble;]

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:23:47 PM

Is there any external miner available for the any mining pool? I'd live to join mining bibble;]
your wallet is miner  Wink

POL/POS looks amazing:this will be rocket for BPP

im looking forward to testing next weeks  Wink

znffal

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:31:42 PM

Hi InBlue.
I have heard of exchanges wanting to stay anonymous during the negotiation/listing phase.
It is happening the same with another community I know well.

Thanks 

You are saying that in the present continuous tense, so does that mean they are in the same phase as Rob, or did the "deal" actually go through and the coin has been listed on the exchange?

Still in progress
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:35:31 PM

Maybe you don't get my point. I think 3000+ users double check same hash numbers. I do not pretend I'm correct or that I understand. I just remember an old post of ByblePay saying multiple users "solved" same blocks in the pool.
Whatever is that botnet I think they use unique hash check code - it's open source. By my assumptions 100-200k unique hashes can beat our pool with 1 850 000 total hps. Anyway I continue to hoDL that machine in background HT cores with about 3100 hps. At some moment I'll hit 7000+ coins. Positive expectancy is because I'll not have fees and competitors aren't doing unique hash checks. If this is so then the most effective miner is solo machine. If I put 10 solo, then I'll increase the income by let's say 7 times not 10 (related to double hash checks between nodes).

While the sampling is too small to make big jumps at, I'll give you my numbers.  I run 3.5 Identical Machines (2 Linux, 1.5 Win) on pool (the .5 is because one is a main pc I run at pretty low levels).  It bounces around a lot, but after fees I average in the neighborhood of 250 per machine a day, which pre-fee we'll say in 300 per machine.  The block reward has bounced around but well say for easy math is avg of 6600.  So my one machine solo would be expected to find a block solo about once every 22 days (6600/300).  I've got six other identical machines running solo.  They average in aggregate about a block every two days, or put another way, a block every 12 machine days.

That said, a friend of mine put one junk and one beefy machine solo, hit a block in about a day on the junk machine and never another after about 10 days on both.  Which is to say, my statistical sampling is too low at this point to make valid conclusions since prior to the last update, my solo miners in aggregate were averaging a block every five days (60 machine days per block) when at the time my pool miners were running closer to 200 per day or 33 machine days per block.

So, it remains to be seen, the main advantage to solo mining is if you're patient it pays slightly higher due to the lack of pool fees, but you could be the unlucky miner who takes twice or three times the median to hit blocks for months on end.  Generally, the pool is more consistent as a function of the total hashpower in it.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:36:39 PM

your wallet is miner  Wink

POL/POS looks amazing:this will be rocket for BPP

im looking forward to testing next weeks  Wink

I know wallet is miner, but on linux OS small miners are comfortable, without all the large soft  Tongue

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
inblue

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:37:00 PM

@Rob:

1. I think there should be a list of exchanges on the website. I know that right now CM is uncertain, but still, I think that's one of the factors which contributed to theymos thinking BiblePay is an ICO - maybe he simply couldn't find on the website that BiblePay is traded publicly and not being privately sold.

2. Please add the community links to the forum OP here:
Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/biblepay/shared_invite/enQtMjgxMzI1NDgyNDk2LTQ4NzMzYjhkMWU4ZGYwYTI2MWU2YjU5Mzg3NmRhNTlmODExMzliNTBjMjA2YzRlMDY3MmY4NTg1NjM1NjJlMDY
Forum: http://forum.biblepay.org/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/yWgbKdM
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BiblePay

3. Consider adding the word "Masternodes" in the title of the OP.

Thank you.
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:41:07 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 11:10:17 PM by slovakia

totally facepalm if mod was think that BBP is ICO ....  holy heaven  Roll Eyes  he ripped with a wild horse?

wgd and where is problem with compile your miner on linux?  we have very user-friendly tutorial for it

tiras

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

Inblue , how much do they ask for adding a new coin ?

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 11:59:57 PM

Hi Dave,

I'm totally winging it here, and I have no idea if it is possible or a good idea, but could one solution to this be to "stake" our pool balance?

i.e. If we have mined 2k BBP with vps servers, home machines all pointed at the pool, and leave the 2k BBP on the pool so that it can be staked, could that solve the moving BBP into VPS server issue?

Thanks

Unfortunately no for multiple reasons, one the miner who is staking needs to sign the block, two the balances wont be on the pool for long - when auto withdrawals kick in they will general be off the server, and three the stake age on the pool server is very low - because its constantly mining coinbase blocks that take 120 confirms and paying things out.

So the "stake amount" has to come from the personal users wallet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:24:50 AM

Inblue , how much do they ask for adding a new coin ?

Just 0.5 BTC, please see my previous message for more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg28286513#msg28286513

Do you want to chip in with me for a few satoshis? Smiley
JigSawJazz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:49:49 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks

Unfortunately no for multiple reasons, one the miner who is staking needs to sign the block, two the balances wont be on the pool for long - when auto withdrawals kick in they will general be off the server, and three the stake age on the pool server is very low - because its constantly mining coinbase blocks that take 120 confirms and paying things out.

So the "stake amount" has to come from the personal users wallet.

So....Is there someplace ya'll could recommend a bone-noob to go to learn what is being discussed here and how it applies to the several small rigs I am operating.

This is a load of fun and I really appreciate the deep participation of everybody involved.

I don't really understand the saltiness of some folk at times,  but I seem to encounter salty people no matter where I go in life, so i guess there just out there in over abundance..

Im particularly confused about 'staking' and what I need to be doing, when this is implemented, to ensure I am maximizing my potential.

Thanks for everything you're doing even if I don't understand at least half of it!!!

JigSaw
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:54:55 AM

As the BiblePay project moves successfully from one milestone to the next, please remember that we are unique in several significant ways. One important aspect is found in the BiblePay program itself, which contains the entire King James Version of the Bible, both the Old and the New Testament.

This divinely inspired ancient wisdom is relevant to everyone living today, just as it was when it was written thousands of years ago. Here is a small example known as "The Golden Rule." It clearly shows us how to build and participate in a new Kingdom of excellence ...

"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the prophets."

- Jesus Christ (Matthew 7:12)
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:19:44 AM

So....Is there someplace ya'll could recommend a bone-noob to go to learn what is being discussed here and how it applies to the several small rigs I am operating.

This is a load of fun and I really appreciate the deep participation of everybody involved.

I don't really understand the saltiness of some folk at times,  but I seem to encounter salty people no matter where I go in life, so i guess there just out there in over abundance..

Im particularly confused about 'staking' and what I need to be doing, when this is implemented, to ensure I am maximizing my potential.

Thanks for everything you're doing even if I don't understand at least half of it!!!

JigSaw

I'd recommend joining Slack (biblepay.slack.com) for real time discussions.  There is usually someone that can be found to chat with about BBP.

Understand, this is a discussion about a future feature that is being developed and yet to be tested.  So you have to look "big picture" on this as specifics on how it will affect you are going to be hard to find until a lot of testing is done and it's close to deployed.   But in simple terms, we'll use some imaginary numbers.  Lets say you and I have identical computers that each have a 1/10,000 chance of finding the next block.   If you've got 10K BBP that you got 10 days ago, and you want to "stake" it, you get 100K mining points.  Let's say I've got 5K BBP that I've had for 20 days and I want to "stake" all of it as well, so I get 100K mining points.  So the system recognizes our 100K mining points as an indicator of a supporters of the coin, and makes mining the next block easier, and we both end up having a 1/8,000 chance of finding the next block, whereas a third party with an identical computer but no mining points ends up dropping to a 1/14,000 chance of finding the next block.  It's not entirely clear if by staking your coins will be "reset" in age automatically, only reset in age if they find a block or never reset in age.  It seems they will only be reset in age if successful, based on the statement "When one single PC of the 1000 solves one block, the coins used from the shared wallet that were in-stake are now spent and have zero coin age."

The statement "Meaning that a botnet with 1000PCs and a 100K bbp balance is very close in equality to a single user with ONE PC and a 100K bbp balance." on the surface seems to be untrue.  But, in practice it will be true in my opinion.  On the surface, 1000 machines hashing with a 90% bonus will win a lot more than one machine with a 90% bonus.  But in practice since the motivation of a botnet is immediate profit, they're unlikely to retain coins very long, they'll never build up a coin age modifier like a normal user will.  If they started to behave like a normal user and hold coins long term, then they would de facto be like a "normal" user that runs a lot of VPS.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:32:07 AM

Any hope the reactivate the withdraw on c-cex?   most coins are back but BBP is still in maintenance.

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: