Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:44:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:21:09 AM

Check out this new BiblePay Feature!

To help spread the Gospel, we have a new P2P feature that pays you BBP to click certain "Gospel" links.

Here is link #1:

http://pool.biblepay.org/Action.aspx?link=bc6c709

The Book of Revelations - Audio Bible - NKJV

You are paid 20 BBP to click the link (and hopefully listen to the book) if you have a pool account.

EDIT: You will see the credit as GOSPEL_NAVIGATION in your Transaction History.

PS: To see all Gospel Links, log into pool.biblepay.org and click External Links | BiblePay Gospel Links
When you have something edifying you would like to share, you can add one to our community by going into External Links | BiblePay Gospel - Add Link
(You can set up a campaign budget and Price Per Click).  When pool users click the links, your account will be debited the PPC fee and the other user will be credited the PPC bounty.

Rob, this is great! In principle this is a great way to transfer some BBP "wealth" from larger miners to smaller ones, while enabling the gospel to be spread.
My only concern is perhaps we need to keep an eye on the links to make sure they are wholesome?

I also had an idea. What do you think of integrating pop-up messages when the user performs some action in the wallet?

For example, let's say I send you 1 BBP. Once I send, perhaps there can be a pop-up which says "transaction in progress" then below, in the same window, it could have a short and sweet bible quote

e.g.
Transaction confirmed
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:00:27 AM

Check out this new BiblePay Feature!

To help spread the Gospel, we have a new P2P feature that pays you BBP to click certain "Gospel" links.

Here is link #1:

http://pool.biblepay.org/Action.aspx?link=bc6c709

The Book of Revelations - Audio Bible - NKJV

You are paid 20 BBP to click the link (and hopefully listen to the book) if you have a pool account.

EDIT: You will see the credit as GOSPEL_NAVIGATION in your Transaction History.

PS: To see all Gospel Links, log into pool.biblepay.org and click External Links | BiblePay Gospel Links
When you have something edifying you would like to share, you can add one to our community by going into External Links | BiblePay Gospel - Add Link
(You can set up a campaign budget and Price Per Click).  When pool users click the links, your account will be debited the PPC fee and the other user will be credited the PPC bounty.

Rob, this is great! In principle this is a great way to transfer some BBP "wealth" from larger miners to smaller ones, while enabling the gospel to be spread.
My only concern is perhaps we need to keep an eye on the links to make sure they are wholesome?

I also had an idea. What do you think of integrating pop-up messages when the user performs some action in the wallet?

For example, let's say I send you 1 BBP. Once I send, perhaps there can be a pop-up which says "transaction in progress" then below, in the same window, it could have a short and sweet bible quote

e.g.
Transaction confirmed
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Yes, regarding the wholesome links I should probably make a "report" link so it can be flagged for removal.  In this case there will be very few abuses because you must be logged in and pay a budget to create one.

Yeah, that pop up idea is a very good idea also.  Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:12:41 PM

Whats up with the Block Explorer?  I make the assumption happy is not coming back to restart it, so we need another one asap.

We have over 1000 miners and not one has come forward to volunteer to run this yet, who can deploy it and support it and pay for it themselves?

We are starting to look like a rag tag group without it, its shameful to have a misrepresentation of our total supply on coinmarketcap.

In my case for example, I have my two vultr nodes running against testnet to test sanctuaries ($80 a month), I have the pool server ($60 per month), and I run a deficit for the orphans each month (IE I spend more than I take in in Bitcoin), and Im coding the pool, the wallet, and doing all the releases.  So it does not make sense for me to volunteer to run yet another system, with all the PMs and constant maintenance that needs done to manage BiblePay.

Please, we need someone to at least commit asap to help us run the BX.

Google running an Iquidis block explorer.

Happy Merchant are you out there, can you reboot the node?  Maybe you can make a copy of your node for someone here?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Alex873434

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:19:58 PM

I'm really busy until Friday (UTC +10) so I'm trying to avoid distracting myself with anything else but I will definitely look into setting up a block explorer after that.

Hopefully someone will have one up before that and mine will just be a backup then!
strayapple

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:21:50 PM

5% to IT expenses after sanctuaries and you have no money for a explorer? Huh
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:22:30 PM

I'm really busy until Friday (UTC +10) so I'm trying to avoid distracting myself with anything else but I will definitely look into setting up a block explorer after that.

Hopefully someone will have one up before that and mine will just be a backup then!

Oh that would be awesome buddy, thanks, Ill email coinmarketcap just to let him know whats going on.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:24:07 PM

Dont count on any of those votes going through until end of January.
If we have someone spending $300 a quarter on a BX, I invite them to turn the expenses in each quarter and yes, they would be reimbursed for that.

The issue is we need a BX now, as we show we have one and we dont Smiley, its sort of an emergency thing. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
strayapple

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:30:50 PM

Happy Merchant being a volunteer for several months,maybe he's tired of it
strayapple

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info is a good place
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:23:24 PM

One mods approve, we can vote on addition. This exchange will be big in 2018.

https://feedback.altcoinexchange.com/suggestions/2114/pls-add-biblepay-bbp

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:17:29 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 09:26:19 PM by togoshigekata

Dont count on any of those votes going through until end of January.
If we have someone spending $300 a quarter on a BX, I invite them to turn the expenses in each quarter and yes, they would be reimbursed for that.

The issue is we need a BX now, as we show we have one and we dont Smiley, its sort of an emergency thing.

Whats up with the Block Explorer?  I make the assumption happy is not coming back to restart it, so we need another one asap.

We have over 1000 miners and not one has come forward to volunteer to run this yet, who can deploy it and support it and pay for it themselves?

We are starting to look like a rag tag group without it, its shameful to have a misrepresentation of our total supply on coinmarketcap.

In my case for example, I have my two vultr nodes running against testnet to test sanctuaries ($80 a month), I have the pool server ($60 per month), and I run a deficit for the orphans each month (IE I spend more than I take in in Bitcoin), and Im coding the pool, the wallet, and doing all the releases.  So it does not make sense for me to volunteer to run yet another system, with all the PMs and constant maintenance that needs done to manage BiblePay.

Please, we need someone to at least commit asap to help us run the BX.

Google running an Iquidis block explorer.

I posted on Social Media about needing help building a 2nd Block Explorer:
Reddit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7dt7nd/help_build_2nd_block_explorer/
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/931895155841552384

Iquidis Block Explorer:
https://github.com/iquidus/explorer

If no one else is stepping up Ill gladly volunteer Smiley
Ill take a shot at it, I have a lot of free time with upcoming Thanksgiving break

KGBx

Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:56:33 PM

I'm impressed with the devs, they continuously support the project.

When will the sanctuaries (masternodes) will be introduced? I remember they were planned for some winter months...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:41:48 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 07:20:41 PM by bible_pay

im wrote here about my support 2nd blockchain explorer with my linux machine and my post was deleted ... great news
It was deleted because you posted a very grave lie that I stole all the funds here from the orphanage account, and that you spoke to compassion.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:42:26 PM

I'm impressed with the devs, they continuously support the project.

When will the sanctuaries (masternodes) will be introduced? I remember they were planned for some winter months...
Shooting for a Christmas release, so far everything is on schedule.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:19:53 PM

Update on exchanges:

HitBTC declined the offer to list us for $50,000.  They said they do not really wish to work with Charities at this time and that they see we "are doing a good job".  They will contact us in the future and keep communicaton open however.

CoinExchange.IO said they will list us for 2BTC.   Im looking at their volume now.  From what I see, I think it might be a good move for us.  They asked for 2BTC "cash", another words No biblepay payment.  I was thinking, that might be better anyway, as we have more of a propensity to increase in price After we go live with sanctuaries (as more people want to buy them).  So for this deal, Im going to add a poll on our other forum and see if we as a community want to mint a CoinExchange payment block during our sanctuary go-live release, OR if the community wants us to just vote on it as a PR expense in early Jan 2018 in our sanctuary system.  The only reason I am making an exception here, is we have a one-time opportunity to merge the payment block in during our Christmas mandatory release, and that everything going forward After that point would be voted on by sanctuaries.  So its sort of a one-off to get us listed on another relatively big exchange.  But anyway, Ill add a poll for this so its officially decided.

Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:29:56 PM

Update on exchanges:

HitBTC declined the offer to list us for $50,000.  They said they do not really wish to work with Charities at this time and that they see we "are doing a good job".  They will contact us in the future and keep communicaton open however.

CoinExchange.IO said they will list us for 2BTC.   Im looking at their volume now.  From what I see, I think it might be a good move for us.  They asked for 2BTC "cash", another words No biblepay payment.  I was thinking, that might be better anyway, as we have more of a propensity to increase in price After we go live with sanctuaries (as more people want to buy them).  So for this deal, Im going to add a poll on our other forum and see if we as a community want to mint a CoinExchange payment block during our sanctuary go-live release, OR if the community wants us to just vote on it as a PR expense in early Jan 2018 in our sanctuary system.  The only reason I am making an exception here, is we have a one-time opportunity to merge the payment block in during our Christmas mandatory release, and that everything going forward After that point would be voted on by sanctuaries.  So its sort of a one-off to get us listed on another relatively big exchange.  But anyway, Ill add a poll for this so its officially decided.

Rob

All, Please vote on this item:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=39.0

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:00:58 PM

Based on CoinMarketCap's 24 Hour Exchange Volume Ranking:
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

===

C-CEX ranks #67 at ~2.3 mil volume
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/c-cex/

CoinsMarkets ranks #101 at ~400k volume
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinsmarkets/

CoinExchange ranks #38 at ~10 mil volume
https://www.coinexchange.io/
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinexchange/

===

So almost 5x more volume past 24 hours on CoinExchange than C-CEX

Is it worth 2BTC (~$16,000) to get listed on CoinExchange?

What are the pros and cons of getting listed on more exchanges?

Should we save the money and get listed on an even bigger exchange?

===

I don't have enough experience to know the answers,
From my own personal journey getting into Bitcoin and then altcoin trading,
I remember seeing Poloniex and Bittrex mentioned a lot on the subreddits

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 08:08:18 PM

===

===

===

I remember seeing these exchange names listed a lot on the subreddits: Poloniex, Bittrex

Let me throw my 2 cents in.  In my other slack team, we were on a small exchange for a year before we decided to push for a bigger exchange.  I too at the time thought additional exchanges would not necessarily increase volume, but thats absolutely false.  When we were listed on 2 of the big exchanges (bittrex and poloniex) our volume sharply increased (up to about 7BTC per day for a while, just by exposing ourselves to the other exchanges traders).

So there is some intrinsic value received by expanding to other exchanges who have significant volume.  Meaning that if you annualize the volume, lets say we received 1BTC per week = 52BTC of volume off of coinexchange.io, that would potentially be about 5.2 BTC of new investment into BBP.  In one year.  Meaning that we received $60,000 of growth for an expense of $16,000.  I look at it as a positive step, because that would mean the ability to sponsor more orphans.

What would happen at Christmas is we would emit this block that drops our price down to .04 satoshi, and probably fall short of the payment, which I can cover.  Then over a year we would probably make it back in volume.

Thats my 2 cents.

Also, I dont think we should do this on other exchanges, I think after this we should wait until they approach us and offer us a very good deal.  I would just like to see us on a couple decent exchanges so we can focus on growing.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:19:29 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 08:45:16 PM by slovakia

look at others coins how started...

https://masternodes.pro/

its trick what is best  Wink check started mining and check started masternodes and expansion to biggest markets = its easy

bible_pay: btc can goes to the moon,but on the otherside can dump extremly .. you must to see 2 coins

znffal

Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:52:50 PM

===

===

===

I remember seeing Poloniex and Bittrex mentioned a lot on the subreddits

I think being listed on CoinExchange would be a big step up for BBP. The price of 2BTC is reasonable, given what others are charging.
My opinion is that it is worth the cost.

I think after that we should consider some of the decentralised exchanges that are coming out. We should be able to get listed for cheap/free on some of those. It remains to be seen how popular these will be, and if they can get as big as Bittrex, for example.
There is also a new exchange coming out in Aussie which will list coins for free. I will keep an eye on how they are going (currently they are raising capital).

Increasing volume by getting on new exchanges and the sanctuaries going on line will be good for everyone. Let's not be naive, this is good for our "investment" in BBP. But additionally, and most importantly, this will allow us to provide more to charity, since our 10% tithe block will go further in the real world.

On a side note, I'd really love to see charities accepting BBP for donations (e.g. UNICEF, TEAR Fund). This "real-world" use case is important and would make us a truely unique crypto and prove our charity purpose.
A secondary use case would be to pay for things on Christian ecommerce sites, but I see Rob has this well under control, integrating with Amazon.

Finally, Rob, I am not "tech-savvy", but if you like I could donate a $5 Vultr server for use if needed, someone else would need to set it up etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: