Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:32:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243197 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
v1.0

Activity: 36
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:53:16 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 02:06:00 AM by v1.0

Hi,

Went to load my biblepay, but it's not syncing because it's out of date. Currently running version 1.1.2.4

Using Ubuntu.

How to update/upgrade it to current version 1.1.5.6? I've tried everything, nothing works. ie. as per http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages

and when I use

git pull origin master

I get:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Have also tried apt-get update and apt-get upgrade from the biblepaycore directory, to no avail..

Thanks!

I used these directions to update successfully:

https://launchpad.net/~biblepay/+archive/ubuntu/stable

You can compile your own biblepayd but there's more steps involved. installing the package is easier and faster.

Used those directions, updated successfully. Thanks a ton!
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:19:12 AM

I lost some BBP yesterday,

My goal was to set up coin mixing on my mining PC, I created a wallet and sent the coins,
I was refilling 1000000 keys and I came back and the PC was frozen,
BOINC was eating up all the CPU, Boinc Manager was not working after multiple attempts/upgrades/restarts
so I decided to upgrade Ubuntu from 16.04 to 18.04,
I made two copies of the wallet.dat on a flash drive and wiped the hard drive

The wallet.dat file is corrupted lol (I assume from crashing part way through keypool refilling), and my wallet was encrypted, and the backup files are on a drive that was already wiped and written over LOL

Please everyone make multiple copies of your wallet.dat file and your backups folder!

===

I am able to mix coins now if anyone wants to mix with me
https://wiki.biblepay.org/PrivateSend
I finally got my first denomination to 2 rounds of mixing!

I dug further, I dont think coin mixing combines coins from different addresses
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/6er5bh/why_does_privatesend_create_denominations_use/

Also Im tempted to try out this liquidity provider setting:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/darksend-liquidity-providers-v0-10-16-1.2737/

Looks like Dash has funded proposals to provide liquidity for coin mixing in the past

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:32:41 AM

Someone is messing with the wallet prayer feature again.

Its not funny.... and its not me.  The prayers should be reserved for a bona-fide prayer list so we can help the sick.

If you delete enough posts and call people SATANISTS, you should expect some blowback. Most Christians would show you grace for that kind of behavior, but others are not as forgiving with agape love. I believe long-term, grace is more effective, but I can only speak for myself. To be clear, I didn't post that prayer request.

Agree with Sun's comments completely.  It's unfortunate that people don't take things like this more seriously.

And I'm not doing them either...  Hopefully they will stop soon
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:02:34 AM

Venezuela’s Oil-Backed Petro Appears to Be a ‘Blatant’ Copy of Dash
https://www.ccn.com/venezuelas-oil-backed-petro-appears-to-be-a-blatant-copy-of-dash/

coinsinspect

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:53:26 AM

I lost some BBP yesterday

Sorry for you.

Yes several wallet backups are so important!
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:30:34 AM

Venezuela’s Oil-Backed Petro Appears to Be a ‘Blatant’ Copy of Dash
https://www.ccn.com/venezuelas-oil-backed-petro-appears-to-be-a-blatant-copy-of-dash/

At the beginning it was a ERC20 token, then a NEM token, then a new blockchain...

My bet is that Petro will be, again, thin air.

BTW I was in contact with some people from Venezuela, they are using DOGE a lot because of the lower withdrawal fees (compared to BTC and DASH) and the more psychological alignment of the absolute value to the local mindset ($1 is a tiny fraction of of Dash but it's 175 DOGE which sounds better for a Venezuelan). Yes it's not very logical but it works like this.

And most important, there are direct bridges from DOGE to $ and vice versa. A lot of people there is accepting ANY crypto that has a conversion to USD.

So I was wondering if BBP could do some inroads into Venezuelan inflation-wrecked economy. The biggest problem would be that direct conversion, which would probably require some local partner there acting as middleman.

Any thoughts?
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 12:46:33 PM

Its not funny.... and its not me.  The prayers should be reserved for a bona-fide prayer list so we can help the sick.

If you delete enough posts and call people SATANISTS, you should expect some blowback. Most Christians would show you grace for that kind of behavior, but others are not as forgiving with agape love. I believe long-term, grace is more effective, but I can only speak for myself. To be clear, I didn't post that prayer request.

If I called a person a Satanist, its because they were acting evil.  My track record speaks for itself:  I have a track record of deleting posts that should be deleted.

If you think I have bad character, then you are part of the problem here.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 12:54:03 PM

Agree with Sun's comments completely.  It's unfortunate that people don't take things like this more seriously.

And I'm not doing them either...  Hopefully they will stop soon

Well, we've all tried to respond to really bad things people say or do -  in a Christian way, but unfortunately Ive been called much, much worse by most of you without apology (via PMs and emails), I think SunK accused me of child abuse or something, and Snat said some pretty horrible things in PM, so you guys have no credibility.  The ones in the hate group wanted to strip me of masternodes, and remove ability to speak, etc (keep to your programming).

I reacted a few times by calling people a Satanist in response to some much more horrible behavior.

Again if you think my character is bad, then you are part of the problem.

Thanks for being in the BiblePay community however and making it stronger.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

If I called a person a Satanist, its because they were acting evil.  My track record speaks for itself:  I have a track record of deleting posts that should be deleted.

I've said it before and will continue..   There is a difference between a "Pagan"(one outside of jewish law) and a "Satanist" one who actively worships satan.

How many people will you convert if you call "outsiders" names?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 12:56:09 PM

I've said it before and will continue..   There is a difference between a "Pagan"(one outside of jewish law) and a "Satanist" one who actively worships satan.

How many people will you convert if you call "outsiders" names?

Sir- I'm not calling any one of my loving users any names.

Its your heart that is full of hate.

I love all my new users, vendors and investors.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 12:56:22 PM

Well, we've all tried to respond to really bad things people say or do -  in a Christian way, but unfortunately Ive been called much, much worse by most of you without apology (via PMs and emails), I think SunK accused me of child abuse or something, and Snat said some pretty horrible things in PM, so you guys have no credibility.  The ones in the hate group wanted to strip me of masternodes, and remove ability to speak, etc (keep to your programming).

I reacted a few times by calling people a Satanist in response to some much more horrible behavior.

Please post my offensive quotes from the PM's here,  I'm curious what you are referring to.  

My first PM from you was telling me to leave because there is "no room for satanists in this community"

edit:  And early on we had some disagreements and I believe we both apologized.. 
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:01:27 PM

I lost some BBP yesterday,

My goal was to set up coin mixing on my mining PC, I created a wallet and sent the coins,
I was refilling 1000000 keys and I came back and the PC was frozen,
BOINC was eating up all the CPU, Boinc Manager was not working after multiple attempts/upgrades/restarts
so I decided to upgrade Ubuntu from 16.04 to 18.04,
I made two copies of the wallet.dat on a flash drive and wiped the hard drive

The wallet.dat file is corrupted lol (I assume from crashing part way through keypool refilling), and my wallet was encrypted, and the backup files are on a drive that was already wiped and written over LOL

Please everyone make multiple copies of your wallet.dat file and your backups folder!

===

I am able to mix coins now if anyone wants to mix with me
https://wiki.biblepay.org/PrivateSend
I finally got my first denomination to 2 rounds of mixing!

I dug further, I dont think coin mixing combines coins from different addresses
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/6er5bh/why_does_privatesend_create_denominations_use/

Also Im tempted to try out this liquidity provider setting:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/darksend-liquidity-providers-v0-10-16-1.2737/

Looks like Dash has funded proposals to provide liquidity for coin mixing in the past

Did you ever recover 99% of your coins?  There are many options to recover the keys from one of the older backup wallets, but with that many keys the tools wont work very well or might be slow.

I really dont recommend more than 200,000 keys knowing how many loops the wallet has to go through in many areas of the code (IE scanning the wallet for the correct key for each txid).  Mixing sounds cool, but I think in reality you may need to mix and then send back to a small subset and lock the coins or something.  I think its going to be unreliable for the long term to have 500K keys.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

Well, we've all tried to respond to really bad things people say or do -  in a Christian way, but unfortunately Ive been called much, much worse by most of you without apology (via PMs and emails), I think SunK accused me of child abuse or something, and Snat said some pretty horrible things in PM, so you guys have no credibility.  The ones in the hate group wanted to strip me of masternodes, and remove ability to speak, etc (keep to your programming).

Please post my offensive quotes from the PM's here,  I'm curious what you are referring to.  

My first PM from you was telling me to leave because there is "no room for satanists in this community"

edit:  And early on we had some disagreements and I believe we both apologized.. 

Hopefully you aren't saying that I have a habit of meeting a person and attacking them and calling them a satanist for no reason. 
In the few times that happened here, it was in response to something they said or did to me.  I agree, it was probably a very bad choice of words.
I probably should have said: Sir you are acting in a mean spirited way, and this community is Christian, please re-phrase your complaint.
I apologize for calling anyone a Satanist on this forum, and hereby structurally change my future response to the above and ask for forgiveness.

If we had an early disagreement, and we forgave each other, true forgiveness means that you "forget" that and act as if it didn't happen.  Your not supposed to continually harp on something that was forgiven mutually by Christians. 

We should remove any seeds of hate from our hearts and we should remove Grudges.  I know its hard for some but we need to be cognizant of how the other person is being received If you were to make a phone call to that person (IE Hey How are you, how have you been!   Not :  (hey its him), YEAH, what?).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:29:24 PM

Hopefully you aren't saying that I have a habit of meeting a person and attacking them and calling them a satanist for no reason. 
In the few times that happened here, it was in response to something they said or did to me.  I agree, it was probably a very bad choice of words.
I probably should have said: Sir you are acting in a mean spirited way, and this community is Christian, please re-phrase your complaint.
I apologize for calling anyone a Satanist on this forum, and hereby structurally change my future response to the above and ask for forgiveness.

If we had an early disagreement, and we forgave each other, true forgiveness means that you "forget" that and act as if it didn't happen.  Your not supposed to continually harp on something that was forgiven mutually by Christians. 

We should remove any seeds of hate from our hearts and we should remove Grudges.  I know its hard for some but we need to be cognizant of how the other person is being received If you were to make a phone call to that person (IE Hey How are you, how have you been!   Not :  (hey its him), YEAH, what?).

Thank you for the apology I will happily forgive you..  As I said in a PM back in April, you are the face of this project.  Your attitude/actions/words bear more weight than anything else, and as a public figure unfortunately you need to be better than "everyone else".   

I was not won over by Christianity by people yelling and calling me a sinner (ala Westboro Baptist Church style),  I was won over by loving, and compassionate Christians that made me feel like family.   I have not seen that here much...

In some of our early PM's I thought we hashed several things out.. I don't begrudge you for any of that.   and I agree about grudges, they are poison and something Satan uses because it's an easy target.

What I struggle with is the activities that have still been going on,   taking any comment as a personal attack and responding in kind,  name calling or publicly attacking me while deleting any kind of response or rebuttal. 

If you are free to run a smear campaign on people, then they should have the right to defend themselves..  I would prefer to see neither personally.

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

I'm glad to see our differences and actions being discussed openly. It's good for brothers and sisters to speak respectfully, to forgive 70x7, to move ahead, and be accountable to each other at the same time.

All thanks to God, we're making excellent progress on many levels!

zthomasz

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:42:04 PM

What constitutes a quorum number for proposal votes ... is it a % based on the overall number of sanctuaries, or just the enabled ones?

Can anyone help me with this?
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

What constitutes a quorum number for proposal votes ... is it a % based on the overall number of sanctuaries, or just the enabled ones?

From what I can tell if it has more Yes than No votes it passes...

I will try to do some digging if Rob doesn't chime in

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:54:43 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 01:30:10 AM by sunk818

edit:  And early on we had some disagreements and I believe we both apologized..

In the few times that happened here, it was in response to something they said or did to me.  I agree, it was probably a very bad choice of words.

If we had an early disagreement, and we forgave each other, true forgiveness means that you "forget" that and act as if it didn't happen.  Your not supposed to continually harp on something that was forgiven mutually by Christians.  

We should remove any seeds of hate from our hearts and we should remove Grudges.  I know its hard for some but we need to be cognizant of how the other person is being received If you were to make a phone call to that person (IE Hey How are you, how have you been!   Not :  (hey its him), YEAH, what?).

I never called you a child abuser. You are likely confusing me with someone else.

You must be thinking about the worldly phrase... "forgive & forget"? Forgetting is not part of forgiveness. Forgiveness is giving up the desire to take revenge in your heart. Forgiveness is the act of compassionately releasing the desire to punish someone or yourself for an offense. It is a state of giving grace -- nothing you can force nor pretend.

I think your public apology is insincere because you continue to deflect any responsibility for your actions and continue to believe situations are instigated by others. Being wrong is unthinkable.

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 04:18:35 PM

quorum - the minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid.

I count 276 enabled right now. https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/masternodes/

DASH doc (https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/governance/using.html) says, "The net total of yes votes must exceed 10% of the total masternode count at the time votes are tallied in order to pass."

So, you need a net of 28 yes votes to pass proposal if the MN count was the same when the monthly superblock occurs.

zthomasz

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

quorum - the minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid.

I count 276 enabled right now. https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/masternodes/

DASH doc (https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/governance/using.html) says, "The net total of yes votes must exceed 10% of the total masternode count at the time votes are tallied in order to pass."

So, you need a net of 28 yes votes to pass proposal if the MN count was the same when the monthly superblock occurs.

It's odd that if 28 Sanctuary owners each cast one YES-vote for a proposal, one Sanctuary owner with a single NO-vote can stop the proposal from passing.

Pages: « 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: