Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:25:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

I have joined Team Biblepay on wcg (Team ID 35006) before 4 Days.
On Rosetta the same weeks before.

On both i had set my Userdata from "hide" to "display"

I DONT have the same CPID on Rosetta and wcg.
Is that my fault? Can I Change that?

Thanks.
Morka

The easiest way to get CPID to sync is to have at least one of your hosts attached to both projects. Typically within a day or two the CPID will become the same. If  you do not want to run work at both projects, just set one to "No New Tasks". However stay attached.

Yes, to set up WCG, you must make your WCG e-mail the same as rosetta - this will cause your WCG cpid to eventually be the same as your Rosetta CPID (usually only takes 24 hours).

You currently *do* have to be in the WCG BiblePay Team to receive credit.

Of course in a couple days after block 77000 things are changing (we invite all of BOINC RAH & WCG in at that point).

The easiest way to know if WCG is working with biblepay: view the pool.biblepay.org superblock view report, look for the WCG RAC column.
Note:  To view your WCG rac from boinc: install the boinc gui, and view the WCG project row- look for RAC.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

Status update on the latest mandatory version:

The version that has been available for download - 1.1.5.7+ is fine for all intents and purposes, but we are adding some 'nice to have leisure' features now.

Currently I'm migrating our orphans individual bio records into IPFS so we can display them in the core wallet.
We will also have a bug fix in business objects that allows quicker navigation.

MIP has committed to adding a Church Tithe button to the mobile wallet!  This should be really awesome, and I'm very excited about that. 

MIP and I are also working through the Apple policies to get the Apple version of BiblePay mobile wallet released.

I'll be starting on in-wallet letter writing next - I believe we are going to go all the way with BiblePay core, and start moving things from the pool into the core wallet.  We will provide the ability to write orphan letters, list the letters, upvote the letters, etc.  The content-economy discussion will be a whole separate issue (having to do with content creation, uploading Christian videos, IPFS rewards, voting rewards etc).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
vahtis

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:12:04 PM

The version that has been available for download - 1.1.5.7+ is fine for all intents and purposes, but we are adding some 'nice to have leisure' features now.

Currently I'm migrating our orphans individual bio records into IPFS so we can display them in the core wallet.

MIP has committed to adding a Church Tithe button to the mobile wallet!  This should be really awesome, and I'm very excited about that. 

MIP and I are also working through the Apple policies to get the Apple version of BiblePay mobile wallet released.

I'll be starting on in-wallet letter writing next - I believe we are going to go all the way with BiblePay core, and start moving things from the pool into the core wallet.  We will provide the ability to write orphan letters, list the letters, upvote the letters, etc.  The content-economy discussion will be a whole separate issue (having to do with content creation, uploading Christian videos, IPFS rewards, voting rewards etc).

I like reading progress reports like this Smiley
bbptoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:39:13 PM

Thanks everyone for all of your hard work on BBP recently.  With the stock market turning down this week, it seems financial instability is on the rise, and it is comforting that Biblepay exists as a fallback system.  All the hard work has made this happen, and the work in progress gives confidence in its future.

Just to mention a technical topic on my mind, I usually keep my wallet computer off, and turn it on each day and send a "exec podcupdate true" PODC update manually.  However, sometimes the wallet sends an update on its own at the same time, and one PODCupdate goes out with only the remainder of coins staked.  This would reduce my daily payment unless I wait 6 confirmations and send out a new one. Is there anyway to have it not send 2 updates in this case?  Not sure how many people update like this, but I thought I'd ask the question.

Best to all,
bbptoshi
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:17:43 AM

Contacted by !Masternode.fans FREE MN Hosting#4715 on Discord

"BiblePay was added to MNF (Masternode.fans)
https://masternode.fans/coindetails/bbp

MNF is a masternode ranking website, MN hosting and easy MN installation service.

Discord: https://discord.gg/fwfZnvG"

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 01:44:07 AM

Thanks everyone for all of your hard work on BBP recently.  With the stock market turning down this week, it seems financial instability is on the rise, and it is comforting that Biblepay exists as a fallback system.  All the hard work has made this happen, and the work in progress gives confidence in its future.

Alternatively, nothing like a down turn in the crypto market to light a refining fire encouraging innovation.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:18:32 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 03:58:41 AM by togoshigekata

The Unofficial Weekly Stratis Retrospect #40 — Khilone
https://medium.com/@khilonecrypto/the-unofficial-weekly-stratis-retrospect-40-khilone-10cdaff23bfe

==

Image Makeover Strategy by the Dash Marketing Association, Featuring Amanda B. Johnson
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQaD5xT88Kc

Also, Dash is still having drama over Discord and Reddit about Moderation
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/9n5unz/eli5_the_drama_on_dash_nation/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/9n12sy/seriously_who_owns_this_subreddit/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Nation-DFO-2018-2019

==

I pointed out misinformation FlufflyPony was spreading about Dash PrivateSend
https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/1050157903771066368

His response: "I can’t take the opinions of a religious cryptocurrency seriously."

secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:40:54 AM

The Unofficial Weekly Stratis Retrospect #40 — Khilone
https://medium.com/@khilonecrypto/the-unofficial-weekly-stratis-retrospect-40-khilone-10cdaff23bfe

==

Image Makeover Strategy by the Dash Marketing Association, Featuring Amanda B. Johnson
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQaD5xT88Kc

Also, Dash is still having drama over Discord and Reddit about Moderation
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/9n5unz/eli5_the_drama_on_dash_nation/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/9n12sy/seriously_who_owns_this_subreddit/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Nation-DFO-2018-2019

==

I pointed out misinformation FlufflyPony was spreading about Dash PrivateSend
https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/1050157903771066368

His response: "I can’t take the opinions of a religious cryptocurrency seriously."

I may have misread, but I read it as coin mixing isn't safe because an unfriendly masternode might see both side of the transaction? Not that the entire private pay could be easily compromised. Don't the masternodes have to see the addresses on both sides?

The more I read about Dash, the less I like it. The emphasis on masternodes lacks the graceful democracy that BTC was based upon. It seems those with the most coins get more coins? Also, that kind of structure (masternodes) requires trust and ever-growing governance. I think that it can create a closed-loop, where new folks don't catch up as well. Anyway, BBP is it's own thing, and hopefully will avoid some of the fighting that seems to plague the Dash community.
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:05:27 AM

Not being taken seriously is one of the first steps in the ladder to success.

I would consider it as a good sign.
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 11:21:19 AM

Thanks everyone for all of your hard work on BBP recently.  With the stock market turning down this week, it seems financial instability is on the rise, and it is comforting that Biblepay exists as a fallback system.  All the hard work has made this happen, and the work in progress gives confidence in its future.

Just to mention a technical topic on my mind, I usually keep my wallet computer off, and turn it on each day and send a "exec podcupdate true" PODC update manually.  However, sometimes the wallet sends an update on its own at the same time, and one PODCupdate goes out with only the remainder of coins staked.  This would reduce my daily payment unless I wait 6 confirmations and send out a new one. Is there anyway to have it not send 2 updates in this case?  Not sure how many people update like this, but I thought I'd ask the question.

Best to all,
bbptoshi

This is similar to what happens if you run more than 1 wallet without the utxooverride.

In your case I think the simplest solution would be to either set gen=0 in the config since you are doing the send yourself,  or just let the wallet sync and sit a few minutes until it creates the transaction.

Not being taken seriously is one of the first steps in the ladder to success.

I would consider it as a good sign.

It's still sharing us with the public even if he is trying to  insult us.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:59:43 AM

Awesome! I really like the idea of in-wallet letter writing. That should keep the barrier as low as possible, especially with things like voting on letters. Every times you open your wallet, your options are staring you right in the face. It gets really easy to up/downvote some letters every once in a while.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:39:23 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 03:52:37 PM by thesnat21

Hello,

Due to technological incompatibilities, Mintnodes.com is discontinuing the BiblePay (BBP) Clusternode service.  

Please withdraw your coins by November 1, 2018.

Thanks,

Mintnodes.com Support Team

https://www.mintnodes.com

I've asked what the issue was, will let you know if there is anything we need to change.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 03:57:17 PM

Hello,

Due to technological incompatibilities, Mintnodes.com is discontinuing the BiblePay (BBP) Clusternode service. 

Please withdraw your coins by November 1, 2018.

Thanks,

Mintnodes.com Support Team

https://www.mintnodes.com

I've asked what the issue was, will let you know if there is anything we need to change.

Random fork this week and watchmen requirement doesn't help

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:19:34 PM

Other coins require sentinal, watchman is just a variation of that.   The fork thing makes sense.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:45:26 PM

Other coins require sentinal, watchman is just a variation of that.   The fork thing makes sense.

I see. What kind of issues do other master nodes experience?

Hard to compare (besides gridcoin) because BiblePay has a lot of unique features.

Investors having hard time with bbp unless they can build their own master nodes. I think mintnodes is a great idea and we should work towards keeping them with BiblePay.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:21:54 PM

I see. What kind of issues do other master nodes experience?

Hard to compare (besides gridcoin) because BiblePay has a lot of unique features.

Investors having hard time with bbp unless they can build their own master nodes. I think mintnodes is a great idea and we should work towards keeping them with BiblePay.

I'm trying to engage them, so far no response.
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:46:25 PM

Refer them to masternode install script we prepared. It takes care of everything and avoids the legwork.
Regarding forks, I don’t know of any non-PoBH mining node (like a MN) affected.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 06:13:16 PM

Best to all,
bbptoshi

Thank you for the compliments; they go a long way in the desert we are currently in Smiley.

As far as the wallet re-sending another UTXO (back to back), we actually have a line of code in the wallet designed to prevent a re-send (its basically checking to see if one was sent within the last 4 hours), however, it relies on the tx being more than 1 mature - which probably was not the case.  I'll look at this issue.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

Refer them to masternode install script we prepared. It takes care of everything and avoids the legwork.

I didn't know we had the random fork this week, I thought we have been pretty solid for 45 days or so.  But on the positive side, this is with the old codebase running (the upgraded block sync code does not start til 77000) - hopefully God willing this new start extends our current stability from 45 days to more like 365 days without forced reboots or reindexes.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:19:47 PM

I didn't know we had the random fork this week, I thought we have been pretty solid for 45 days or so.  But on the positive side, this is with the old codebase running (the upgraded block sync code does not start til 77000) - hopefully God willing this new start extends our current stability from 45 days to more like 365 days without forced reboots or reindexes.

Didn't know about the fork either... And I also reached out to mintnodes. Good idea about mentioning the install-script MIP! If they reply to me I'll sure mention it.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: