Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:32:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243188 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:00:00 PM

So we had two miners who had to reindex in reality.

Thanks for wording more nicely. I'm talking about a fork occuring, not necessarily a split in the network.

I'd be concerned that it happened to miners at all.

What are your thoughts on automated checkpoints and broadcast live to the network from a central node?

By the way, the DASH Senior UX Designer stopped by Telegram.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisadam101/

I think this is a great opportunity to improve the user experience within the wallet. There's so many unique aspects to this coin that it merits having a great user experience. That in itself will be great marketing for existing and newcomers to BBP.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:02:11 PM

I'm very very happy to see someone step up to help us (Gin and yourself) while one steps out (mintnodes).

You're not interested in salvaging the relationship? MintNodes has shared MN which makes them more attractive to new investors. GIN stating they will offer shared MN in the future is just vaporware for now.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:07:10 PM

Personally I feel technical enough to manually run my own masternode and Im around BiblePay enough to be aware of changes, so I would probably take my masternode off of there to save $10/month in server costs, but Im willing to keep it up to be the on-going tester,

How much is a masternode node on BBP going to earn in a year? To host on Gin will cost $180/yr ?

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

Personally I feel technical enough to manually run my own masternode and Im around BiblePay enough to be aware of changes, so I would probably take my masternode off of there to save $10/month in server costs, but Im willing to keep it up to be the on-going tester,

How much is a masternode node on BBP going to earn in a year? To host on Gin will cost $180/yr ?

Your right in pointing out that at current prices this would eat up 30% of your profits,
I think BiblePay is undervalued and long term this would become 10% or less

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 11:45:10 PM

Is there a way to specify an address when solo POW mining?  I know it'll take a while for my wallet to run out of keys, but I'd rather not have to worry about it, since I share the wallet with a few computers.  I'm thinking of using one address for each computer, so I can easily identify which one mined the block.

Thanks!

I'm curious about this as well.

It seems the wallet generates a new payment key for each machine you mine on this remains fairly consistent.
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 01:32:28 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 03:46:04 AM by bible_pay

So we had two miners who had to reindex in reality.

Thanks for wording more nicely. I'm talking about a fork occuring, not necessarily a split in the network.

I'd be concerned that it happened to miners at all.

What are your thoughts on automated checkpoints and broadcast live to the network from a central node?

By the way, the DASH Senior UX Designer stopped by Telegram.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisadam101/

I think this is a great opportunity to improve the user experience within the wallet. There's so many unique aspects to this coin that it merits having a great user experience. That in itself will be great marketing for existing and newcomers to BBP.

I'm against centralization - the centralized checkpoint server - imo it's not needed, imo and it's not a good idea (on any front), in addition we have POW, therefore it's even less needed.  

On the user experience, I dont think we should be saying we have a  "horrible UI" therefore a "horrible UX".  Looking at the core wallet, I do see we have a button out of place, and this is assuming you are running Bezaleel, but a button out of place doesn't make it horrible.  

Let's not forget that we have an on-staff UI designer already committed to do more - Anton - who created the awesome Bezaleel theme.  However the more the merrier!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 01:36:37 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 03:44:35 AM by bible_pay

Some investors want a completely autonomous masternode investment.  MIP's is close - but still requires the user to pay hosting fees and upgrade the node.

GIN's is autonomous.

So the autonomous feature comes at a management cost.  I think we should embrace features that take Biblepay the extra mile.

As Togo said, if our price was 10x higher, it would be a drop in the bucket for a whale investor.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 01:38:50 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 03:44:15 AM by bible_pay

I'm very very happy to see someone step up to help us (Gin and yourself) while one steps out (mintnodes).

You're not interested in salvaging the relationship? MintNodes has shared MN which makes them more attractive to new investors. GIN stating they will offer shared MN in the future is just vaporware for now.
- Mintnodes dropped us.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 01:41:52 AM

Is there a way to specify an address when solo POW mining?  I know it'll take a while for my wallet to run out of keys, but I'd rather not have to worry about it, since I share the wallet with a few computers.  I'm thinking of using one address for each computer, so I can easily identify which one mined the block.

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, there is no way to specify the actual key.  You would need to run a modified version that picks a specific key from the keypool in the miner (or creates a wallet with one key when the wallet.dat is created).  Since we are based on Dash, we create something like 1000 keys when we create the wallet.dat file and the miner uses the next one in the keypool.

EDIT: Just to mention however, I recommend PODC mining.  It pays approx 10* better than heat mining.  Heat mining is just a stipend for our block security.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
DeckardLain

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:10:48 AM

Is there a way to specify an address when solo POW mining?  I know it'll take a while for my wallet to run out of keys, but I'd rather not have to worry about it, since I share the wallet with a few computers.  I'm thinking of using one address for each computer, so I can easily identify which one mined the block.

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, there is no way to specify the actual key.  You would need to run a modified version that picks a specific key from the keypool in the miner (or creates a wallet with one key when the wallet.dat is created).  Since we are based on Dash, we create something like 1000 keys when we create the wallet.dat file and the miner uses the next one in the keypool.

EDIT: Just to mention however, I recommend PODC mining.  It pays approx 10* better than heat mining.  Heat mining is just a stipend for our block security.

Thanks for confirming this!  I do have most of my power running BOINC tasks; only 1 wallet is on 24/7 for the PODC updates, with genproclimit=1, and another wallet that's on for 8-10 hours a day, plus a couple of computers that are on so rarely that it can't complete BOINC tasks before they expire.

However, I have gotten 5 blocks in the last 4 days (one actually that just happened as I'm typing this) solo POW, so I worry that I'm on a fork or something, but I checked some of the recent blocks I mined, and they were on 2 of the block explorers.  I did a reindex earlier, but is there something else I can do to make sure I'm on the correct chain?
togoshigekata

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:07:35 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 05:34:19 AM by togoshigekata

Every little thing we do can have a ripple effect,
My talking in Dash's discord more lately and also challenging fluffy over Twitter gave us more visibility,

Rob, I didnt mean any hate by the "UX could use some love" comment,
I probably should have worded it as "more love", I also didnt read Suns message before posting
I was thinking Jaap and I are not website designers, we could use some help LOL,
and that I also still need help with designing ads

I think Sun was rude again calling the wallet design Horrible, the design is fine, its functional, its getting the job done.
But also Rob, sadly people judge things by how they look, if we can look even better Im all for it.

=

Also, hey everyone, We have a new front page design on the main website:
https://www.biblepay.org/

togoshigekata

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:50:13 AM

I dont think we should be saying we have a  "horrible UI" therefore a "horrible UX".

Why not? Poor user interface (UI) creates a poor user experience (UX). I've done a lot of testing with the QT wallet and I'd rank the UX poor. If you identified a button being out of place as the UX issue, you've entirely missed the point.

I believe Rob has stated that he is not a UI/UX guy,
hes a backend coder, hes even more rare and valuable,
we can find UI people, we have to build the baseball field first,
Rob is only one person

Are you offering to do said UI work Sun?
Otherwise you need to find a champion to perform the work,
Rob has shown already that he is busy with more important things
Can you recruit someone to perform this work?

Anton - who created the awesome Bezaleel theme.

Yes, Bezaleel is a great theme. Maybe we can make it the default? Or *shudder* we could take a poll for default theme voted by community?

So many flavors to choose from, and your choosing to be salty Sun,
instead of complaining why not take action? Submit a pull request, Submit a proposal to vote on it

MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:35:03 AM

I absolutely love the concept of mintnodes but the security aspect is the only thing that keeps me off. They could run away with everybody's funds at any moment and there would be no way to do anything about it (not even a face to search and destroy in case this happens).
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:59:24 AM

I absolutely love the concept of mintnodes but the security aspect is the only thing that keeps me off. They could run away with everybody's funds at any moment and there would be no way to do anything about it (not even a face to search and destroy in case this happens).

I agree on the security aspect. I would never go all-in with my BBP there. Does anyone know a service that provides a shared masternode service that doesn't have this security aspect?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:12:55 AM

I dont think we should be saying we have a  "horrible UI" therefore a "horrible UX".

Why not? Poor user interface (UI) creates a poor user experience (UX). I've done a lot of testing with the QT wallet and I'd rank the UX poor. If you identified a button being out of place as the UX issue, you've entirely missed the point.

I believe Rob has stated that he is not a UI/UX guy,
hes a backend coder, hes even more rare and valuable,
we can find UI people, we have to build the baseball field first,
Rob is only one person

Anton - who created the awesome Bezaleel theme.

Yes, Bezaleel is a great theme. Maybe we can make it the default? Or *shudder* we could take a poll for default theme voted by community?

instead of complaining why not take action? Submit a pull request, Submit a proposal to vote on it

I agree with Togo. The technical side is in full development, with more and more features being added. Yes, some UX-related things could probably be improved, and I think that it's great to hear about the Dash UX developer contacting us. (In my opinion, that is definitely part of the ripple-effect Togo, every post and every action can reach a potential valuable person for BiblePay.) I hope that he can provide us with his experience, and by extension, make the experience of our users better.

Sun, if you want to help improve the UX of the wallet, could you perhaps create a list of things you think could be made better? I personally love the idea that a new user can download the wallet, and from there just start playing with all the functions and find out all the things that are possible with BiblePay in an easy and understandable way.

Oh, and btw, isn't Bazaleel default already when you install a clean wallet? (I'm not sure.)

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:48:37 AM

Short Training Video 5: How to deploy an Apollon masternode in less than 5 minutes
https://apollon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015914132-Short-Training-Video-5-How-to-deploy-an-Apollon-masternode-in-less-than-5-minutes-8-min-27-sec

I see what Apollon did differently, GIN is all web based, and the user still has to perform a few wallet actions,
with Apollon your running an exe and its able to communicate with the wallet to get the transaction id and is able to write to the masternode config file and restart the wallet, cool

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 12:39:23 PM

I agree on the security aspect. I would never go all-in with my BBP there. Does anyone know a service that provides a shared masternode service that doesn't have this security aspect?

I don't see a way around the security issue at present,  i'd be open to suggestions

Currently the issue is without smart contracts to lock up the "wallet funds",  the masternode requires a single transaction to lock up an exact amount of BBP.
If this requirement was shifted to allow for multiple transactions, then it may be possible, but I believe this would be a significant change to how masternodes are setup.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 02:00:58 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 02:32:37 PM by sunk818

So much for not deleting posts...

I don't see a way around the security issue at present,  i'd be open to suggestions

Currently the issue is without smart contracts to lock up the "wallet funds",  the masternode requires a single transaction to lock up an exact amount of BBP.

Going off-topic a bit, I'd love to see the ability to loan BBP to someone for a duration of time, for a fee. Say, someone needs 100k BBP for ten months (you can set loan fee, term, loan amount, frequency you get paid back). If you want 10k back every month, recipient gets paid 10k x 10. Then each month, the locked transactions are returned when the maturity date is reached. This can help newcomers that need BBP for PoDC.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 02:37:44 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 04:06:05 PM by sunk818

Are you two under the impression that I just complain and don't take action? I have taken action -- I submitted pull requests in the past: (https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/graphs/contributors). I contributed in other ways, but I'm discouraged at this point.

Sun, if you want to help improve the UX of the wallet, could you perhaps create a list of things you think could be made better? ...

Oh, and btw, isn't Bazaleel default already when you install a clean wallet? (I'm not sure.)

I already posted issues on forum.biblepay.org and github, but they've been mostly ignored. I forwarded the communication from the UX Designer from DASH as I had hoped it spark some new discussion about the user experience.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=salty

Salty. Are you saying I'm getting upset over little things? User Interface and the User Experience is very important don't you think?   

All the screens added to the QT wallet is great, but it does need another set of eyes to ensure the features make sense and are usable. Rather than re-hash here, I'll write up the issues on GitHub. Either Rob, thesnat21, or some other UX designer can contribute. I have ideas on what changes will help, but don't have the coding chops to perform the edits.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 04:03:06 PM

I just tested a new install.

The default is the pink striped one

Bezaleel clearly has the most votes based on the survey I set up 8 hours ago.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-J8ZHJLYZL/instant/

Pages: « 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: