Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
fenin0018

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:09:53 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been running the BiblePay wallet 24/7 for 12 days now and I have been getting my regular once a day PODC payment. Today however, for the first time, I got some coins with the label "Mined" in my transactions. What is this? Have I been mining in the same time? Where do these coins come from?

It happens to me too some times, not so often but at least one in 2 months perhaps. Nice surprises! Too bad I haven't been recieving my PODC payments since October 9th!
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:53:44 AM

Im having some trouble with my PODC rewards, I haven't recieved any since superblock 75860 (October 9th), does anybody have a clue what may be going on? My PODC updates are going OK, at least 5 times a day and my RAC is over 1K.

Help List from Luke (znffal) from Discord:

1. What does the output of the following give you?
exec getboincinfo
exec stakebalance
exec podcupdate true

2. Have you solved any Rosetta/WCG tasks in the last 24 hours?
3. Are your computers on Rosetta/WCG hidden?
4. What is your name in the pool list?
5. Is your controller wallet connected to the internet 24/7?
6. What wallet version are you running?
7. Is your wallet encrypted? If so, are you entering the password when you start up the wallet?

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:17:22 AM

Pretend your a BOINC cruncher, You dont know cryptocurrency, I tell you about BiblePay and you click this link:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/BOINC_Researcher_Setup

Will you succeed? Will you get stuck or confused somewhere?
(I assume these crunchers are fairly tech savvy)

Is there any incorrect information, is there any information missing?

Also Note: The wiki is open for anyone to edit or add notes/comments to!

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:16:49 AM

Pretend your a BOINC cruncher, You dont know cryptocurrency, I tell you about BiblePay and you click this link:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/BOINC_Researcher_Setup

Will you succeed? Will you get stuck or confused somewhere?
(I assume these crunchers are fairly tech savvy)

Is there any incorrect information, is there any information missing?

Also Note: The wiki is open for anyone to edit or add notes/comments to!

PART A - Download and Install BiblePay Wallet -> PC Wallet? (since you can't use Phone/Paper for example)

PART B - Create Rosetta@home Account -> This is a bit confusing if I just mine WCG. I would ask myself: do I also need to mine R@H? Maybe make more clear that you just need the account and you don't need to crunch anything. Also, if I'm already on WCG, will there be a difference in CPID, or will it match WCG from the start (I know that the other way around can be a little tricky)?

Looks great otherwise! Thanks!

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 02:44:05 PM

So this month I added a proposal "Helping Widows in Distress", in the spirit that BiblePay might help Widows in addition to orphans (James 1:27).

I see that 67 sanctuaries already voted against it.  The expense is only $300 and I prepaid for it.  (I realize it could be argued that maybe I shouldn't have prepaid, but I did it from the perspective that if I received a lot of complaints about the org, or resistance we would stop next month - but I see no complaints on the forum thread).

So, is this really the face and representation of BiblePay?  Are our sanctuaries non-charitable and non-merciful, and possibly represented by Non-Christians?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:58:14 PM

So this month I added a proposal "Helping Widows in Distress", in the spirit that BiblePay might help Widows in addition to orphans (James 1:27).

I see that 67 sanctuaries already voted against it.  The expense is only $300 and I prepaid for it.  (I realize it could be argued that maybe I shouldn't have prepaid, but I did it from the perspective that if I received a lot of complaints about the org, or resistance we would stop next month - but I see no complaints on the forum thread).

So, is this really the face and representation of BiblePay?  Are our sanctuaries non-charitable and non-merciful, and possibly represented by Non-Christians?

I saw the proposal on the forum, checked the website, and voted in favor. But I think it's better to discuss any such initiative beforehand. Not because it isn't a good cause (!) but because I think we are currently still in the proces of trying to see if we can keep the orphans we already have. I can't speak for others, but my guess is that the ones who voted against the proposal could think something among similar lines.

And yes, I could have shared my thoughts on the forum. That indeed didn't happen.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:03:30 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2018, 06:45:55 PM by slovakia

and next crap scam proposal

TOGO stop doing PR for BBP: you are total amateur and weaker: you asked 800 000BBP for nothing: LIER  Embarrassed Embarrassed EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=279.0

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:44:33 AM

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=9202

Thor Challenge Week 3 just started. Crunch for WCG to help us get to rank #1

Your cooperation is appreciated!

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:18:38 AM

this is centralized coin by 1 person= ROB

papapapa

this is discrimination coin for ppl whos native language doesnt english  PROPOSALS+LETTERS etc ... howgh

for my work on biblepay for last 1.2 years in my country i can to ask 20 000 000 BBP ... our FACEBOOK group got over 180 users
all miners from SLOVAKIA is on my motion  Wink

administrator THEYMOS you know what i know  Wink  thanks for your info

its time to change coin and i found best coin ever=     CPU coin mining on IDLE = its future=  saving electricity almost 95%

Dear Slovakia,

You have a history of posting negative, non-helpful, derogatory, profane, and defamatory posts on this thread. 

Due to this continuous abusive behavior (which affects our investor perception negatively) and therefore hurts our orphan sponsorship capability, I am hereby warning you to change your post behavior to only include fully comprehensible statements that are positive for BiblePay, or help other users.

This is warning #1.  After 3 warnings you will be flagged as an abusive user.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:20:27 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been running the BiblePay wallet 24/7 for 12 days now and I have been getting my regular once a day PODC payment. Today however, for the first time, I got some coins with the label "Mined" in my transactions. What is this? Have I been mining in the same time? Where do these coins come from?

It happens to me too some times, not so often but at least one in 2 months perhaps. Nice surprises! Too bad I haven't been recieving my PODC payments since October 9th!

Please post your CPID and I will try to run some tests.

Also try :  exec utxoreport cpid

You should have a daily stake.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:30:58 AM

I see that 67 sanctuaries already voted against it.  The expense is only $300 and I prepaid for it.  (I realize it could be argued that maybe I shouldn't have prepaid, but I did it from the perspective that if I received a lot of complaints about the org, or resistance we would stop next month - but I see no complaints on the forum thread).

So, is this really the face and representation of BiblePay?  Are our sanctuaries non-charitable and non-merciful, and possibly represented by Non-Christians?

Helping only if BBP has the ability to do so. BiblePay can always help the whole world, but provided if BiblePay still good. BiblePay's price and volume is very weak now, it is not recommended to raise any new "helping" proposal to dump more coins as there is no buyer now.

The best and only move now is "OPERATION ONE PENNY" brought up by togo. one PENNY or one SATOSHI? Sell more coins to cash out now without good price and volume, then we will reach one SATOSHI very soon, this is the main reason sanctuaries voted against.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:13:09 AM

PART B - Create Rosetta@home Account -> This is a bit confusing if I just mine WCG. I would ask myself: do I also need to mine R@H? Maybe make more clear that you just need the account and you don't need to crunch anything. Also, if I'm already on WCG, will there be a difference in CPID, or will it match WCG from the start (I know that the other way around can be a little tricky)?

Registering new accounts for Rosetta@Home & WCG at the same time... verifying if accounts exist on both... Is that being done currently?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 05:20:55 AM

Hey all,

As you might know some recent groups have launched anti-BBP campaigns and additional talk threads with groups PMing back and forth causing some forum toxicity, therefore I’m trying to gain some additional info from our user base so I can see what the general perception is from the broad standpoint and ultimately make adjustments if those are desired by the consensus at large.

I’ve created a couple polls to help give me some insight on some current issues.

Could you please take the time to participate?

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob A.
Founder

Please see and please vote for these two topics:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=290.new#new

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=289.0

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:33:15 AM

Hey all,

As you might know some recent groups have launched anti-BBP campaigns and additional talk threads with groups PMing back and forth causing some forum toxicity, therefore I’m trying to gain some additional info from our user base so I can see what the general perception is from the broad standpoint and ultimately make adjustments if those are desired by the consensus at large.

I’ve created a couple polls to help give me some insight on some current issues.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob A.
Founder

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=289.0

I read the poll, but I can't vote. The choices swing wildly between I trust Rob, and "someone is stealing", with nothing in between. I feel like I'm being led to agree with statements I wouldn't make. My answer to the poll would be, "unable to determine trust level due to lack of information and ability to currently verify much of anything." Asking someone to verify integrity is a difficult thing, at least with as little as I know.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

For me the issue is we have a core charity we've had to scale back on to such a high degree that adding any new charity seems fiscally irresponsible until the price of BBP improves.  The idea of adding widows to the system is appealing as believers are mandated "to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation" in the book of James.  While $300 isn't a tremendous amount to do a test case on, the current budget for charity is roughly $3600 so that becomes a sizeable percentage of the budget.

Thanks, this is well taken.  (I did put it in recognizing that we should have gotten a credit this month with compassion; but they still never got back to me with the amount); so I thought we had a little free money to help our position with God.

No problem, I understand.  I will re-enter it at a discount later and tithe the rest.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

For me the issue is we have a core charity we've had to scale back on to such a high degree that adding any new charity seems fiscally irresponsible until the price of BBP improves.

I really like the idea of sponsoring one child to adulthood. Changing the life of one child is something everyone can get behind and BiblePay can market and make a case study of the one child. Then move on to the next child when their sponsorship is topped up. This way, there isn't this pressure to sponsor X number of children. You're slowly meeting your obligations over time.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:17:08 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 04:31:29 PM by bible_pay

For me the issue is we have a core charity we've had to scale back on to such a high degree that adding any new charity seems fiscally irresponsible until the price of BBP improves.

I really like the idea of sponsoring one child to adulthood. Changing the life of one child is something everyone can get behind and BiblePay can market and make a case study of the one child. Then move on to the next child when their sponsorship is topped up. This way, there isn't this pressure to sponsor X number of children. You're slowly meeting your obligations over time.

This is a good concept in general, but I have also discovered 'concetrated capital' risk when we prepay for a child.  The longer the span we agree on, the more of a credit is centralized in one account at compassion for instance.  This is bad in the sense that if we lose the keys to the account, or if compassion disagrees with the credit memo amount (and that could happen if they make a bad accounting entry when a few terminations are processed) then we lose X amount of capital.

I am liking this idea in the sense of replacing compassion with home sponsorships though.  If we had a home miner pay for one year up front, add a proposal, be reimbursed.  Then the question comes into play: what if they get the money then cancel the child ask for a credit and run with the money... back to the drawing board.

Edit: Orphan Mining is the concept where we remove PODC, and ask a miner to sponsor a home child, show the receipt of last months payment once per month, and somehow masternodes approve this relationship to keep the Miner in Good Standing.  As long as they are in Good Standing, they can mine.  Otherwise, the mining reward is very low (1%).

Could we have a committee of votes that review those proposals accurately on a regular basis?  With a personal PDF receipt showing up to date accounting entries submitted monthly?

This approach drastically changes things:  It removes PODC, pays miners the 7.5k~ or so block reward for current orphan sponsorships.

Btw,  One who sponsors 3 children would be approved with 3* the mining power.  I think the number could be represented as "monthly commitment".  One child = a 35, two = 70, while POBH rewards based on the "good standing commitment" value.  We could also add a rule:  More distinct mining IDs pay diminishing rewards at the square of distance.  In laymans terms this means if you find a block once in a month, you get full reward, but if you find more than one you get a diminishing reward.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:33:26 PM

Hey all,

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob A.
Founder

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=289.0[/size]

[/b][/color]

I read the poll, but I can't vote. The choices swing wildly between I trust Rob, and "someone is stealing", with nothing in between. I feel like I'm being led to agree with statements I wouldn't make. My answer to the poll would be, "unable to determine trust level due to lack of information and ability to currently verify much of anything." Asking someone to verify integrity is a difficult thing, at least with as little as I know.

I agree. The poll multiple choices are limited and somewhat leading.

My position is this: I trust Rob's intentions and integrity, but I don't trust his abrasive style of leadership and his ability to control the outcome of all proposals. From an investment standpoint these attributes severely limit the project's potential.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 04:39:58 PM

Hey all,

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob A.
Founder

[/b][/color]

My position is this: I trust Rob's intentions and integrity, but I don't trust his abrasive style of leadership and his ability to control the outcome of all proposals. From an investment standpoint these attributes severely limit the project's potential.

Thanks for the compliment Tom - It is well taken - I suggest maybe sticking up for the "good" in the forum, when you see for example profanity laced posts, to point those out and help police the problem.

Regarding your statement about control in proposals:  It is entirely inaccurate.  A good example of this is the current Hope for Widows proposal.  I have no control over making it win with Togo's and your masternodes voting it down.  And my payroll this month (which btw, is one half of one half btw:  Its two months of work with one month of proposal - capped at half the IT budget) and its being declined because of Togos votes against it.  

So, please keep that in mind and adjust your thought processes accordingally.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

Hey all,

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob A.
Founder

[/b][/color]

Thanks for the compliment Tom - It is well taken - I suggest maybe sticking up for the "good" in the forum, when you see for example profanity laced posts, to point those out and help police the problem.

Regarding your statement about control in proposals:  It is entirely inaccurate.  A good example of this is the current Hope for Widows proposal.  I have no control over making it win with Togo's and your masternodes voting it down.  And my payroll this month (which btw, is one half of one half btw:  Its two months of work with one month of proposal - capped at half the IT budget) and its being declined because of Togos votes against it.  

So, please keep that in mind and adjust your thought processes accordingally.

Rob, you know that I've spoken against profanity-laced posts and that I stick up "for the "good" in the forum. Why did you suggest that I do that when you know that I already do?

Just for the record, I haven't seen your "Hope for Widow's" proposal and I haven't voted against it.

I don't know how many sanctuaries Togo has, maybe he'll join the conversation and tell us.

I have 5. How many do you have?

Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: