Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 [626] 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
vahtis

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:49:09 PM

Kudos for paying for the new user reward.

My chief concern about the 40 block look back is wild inconsistency that isn't as visible to PoBH miners as it would be in the face of PoG miners.  Additionally since the rewards are not block to block, having a shorter look back for PoBH makes sense, but with the daily reward system of PoG a longer look back is a necessity to make it fair and it's payouts more consistent.

I do have concerns that you aren't willing to spend time on PoDC upfront if it's going to be retired, when that is exactly what you're doing now with PoG.  By your labor, you are pushing a winner.  It's your right to do so, but to use the lack of revisions to PoDC while PoG is being tweaked and refined is not a good argument against PoDC.  I think you have the best intentions and your skills can get around many issues.  But PoG is not ELI5 simple to understand even if it is trivial to set up.

A longer look back would mitigate one of the bigger issues with PoG.  I beseech you to rethink your position there.

This is where we have to agree to disagree:

* The 40 block lookback is necessary, just as a 28 is in DGW, its an IT thing, and I weighed the efficiency vs the volatility; Youll see in prod in a couple days that vol is low with it.  This decision is a good one
* There is no flaw in POG - there was only a configuration issue (all the params were wrong in the first release).  This is an incorrect assessment.
* On dev time: Already wearing at least 3 hats; I don't feel this assessment deserves a proper reply - because your not fairly taking into consideration what Ive done for this coin. 
* Longer lookback is not a necessary change nor an enhancement
* POG is ELI5 once the user manual for 5 year olds is created.  I can say this because I know that the first gas lawnmower had more exposed controls than the 2000 version.  Thats where we are.  Im telling everyone that POG is going to be simpler than POW mining.  Its POW with one gas pedal. 

So lets be man enough to agree to disagree on these points.

One can see volatility here https://viisastentori.fi/bbp_test/checkpool.php .
I don't see correlation to 40 blocks and even more it looks like it might settle in time.
cryptocadxyz

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:42:24 PM

Been having trouble with the utxooverride command now in 1.1.8.7. Always seems to spend my full wallet balance despite what I put in. Any one else have this problem?
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 07:44:33 PM

This is where we have to agree to disagree:

* The 40 block lookback is necessary, just as a 28 is in DGW, its an IT thing, and I weighed the efficiency vs the volatility; Youll see in prod in a couple days that vol is low with it.  This decision is a good one
* There is no flaw in POG - there was only a configuration issue (all the params were wrong in the first release).  This is an incorrect assessment.
* On dev time: Already wearing at least 3 hats; I don't feel this assessment deserves a proper reply - because your not fairly taking into consideration what Ive done for this coin. 
* Longer lookback is not a necessary change nor an enhancement
* POG is ELI5 once the user manual for 5 year olds is created.  I can say this because I know that the first gas lawnmower had more exposed controls than the 2000 version.  Thats where we are.  Im telling everyone that POG is going to be simpler than POW mining.  Its POW with one gas pedal. 

So lets be man enough to agree to disagree on these points.

For clarity, I agree a look back is necessary.  Just that 40 is too small and should be increased to 205 or 410.

On your Dev time, I know you spend a ton of time on the coin.  I am merely saying, how you choose to spend your dev time is picking a winner in this.  I'm not asking you to spend MORE time coding, merely that the reason your time is so limited for coding right now is you're spending it to improve PoG.

And let's be clear, my opinion is a longer look back is necessary, and your opinion is it is not.  We are both stating opinions.  As you are the Dev and I'm merely a long time user, your opinion has a lot of weight.

But I will say, PoG as it stands now, without further enhancements, refinements or configurations...whatever you wish to call them, will not be as readily accessible to the general public as it is now.  But you are in essence, saying it's ready to go.  So I get back to why not vote to eliminate PoDC sooner rather than later if that is the path you're set on BBP going on?  Let's make PoG the law of the land, end the debate and let the chips fall where they may.
- 40 should not be increased - it's an IT decision, and 205 or 410 would be a bad IT decision.
- On the dev time, my recommendation for you is to do everything within your power to first provide 3-4 new active devs for biblepay, either by lobbying, recruiting or directly paying for them.  Then you and I can sit back and prioritize their time.  Til then you should be looking to me as the founder, not as the one who has to be stuck doing all the work for the coin, thats not how this works, the idea is to get the coin jumpstarted then the founders help run it.
- Thanks but I still think POG is perfectly fine.  We're not perfectly fine right now as a community, because we need 900 new users first, I think thats where we lack.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 07:45:05 PM

Been having trouble with the utxooverride command now in 1.1.8.7. Always seems to spend my full wallet balance despite what I put in. Any one else have this problem?
Is it spending your bankroll denoms?  Fix is compiling right now...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
cryptocadxyz

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:56:39 PM

No, what was happening, was that I had bankrolled a whole bunch of coins but left just enough for PODC. However, PODC kept saying insufficient balance. I looked at the Coin Input and saw that my bankrolled coins were nicely separated from the amount I wanted to save for PODC, so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I ended up selecting all the coins in my NON-Tithe addresses and sending them to a single address, then I noticed that shortly after, a single automatic PODC update would go out. But after that, it would stop completely. Each day, I would have to manually consolidate all my NON-TITHE addresses into one wallet for PODC to update. Eventually, I thought there might be a problem with the bankrolled coins, so I selected those as well and consolidated everything into one single wallet address. PODC automatic updates now work fine, however, now it always takes the whole balance regardless of what I specify in UTXOOverride. POG no longer works because my entire coin age is always reset.

Perhaps why my PODC updates were failing is because somehow my wallet was not reading the utxooverride value correctly in some cases and was trying to send out a larger amount than what I had specified.

I just tried bankrolling a bunch of coins again and will see in a little while if I continue to have problems.
vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 08:07:45 PM

No, what was happening, was that I had bankrolled a whole bunch of coins but left just enough for PODC. However, PODC kept saying insufficient balance. I looked at the Coin Input and saw that my bankrolled coins were nicely separated from the amount I wanted to save for PODC, so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I ended up selecting all the coins in my NON-Tithe addresses and sending them to a single address, then I noticed that shortly after, a single automatic PODC update would go out. But after that, it would stop completely. Each day, I would have to manually consolidate all my NON-TITHE addresses into one wallet for PODC to update. Eventually, I thought there might be a problem with the bankrolled coins, so I selected those as well and consolidated everything into one single wallet address. PODC automatic updates now work fine, however, now it always takes the whole balance regardless of what I specify in UTXOOverride. POG no longer works because my entire coin age is always reset.

Perhaps why my PODC updates were failing is because somehow my wallet was not reading the utxooverride value correctly in some cases and was trying to send out a larger amount than what I had specified.

I just tried bankrolling a bunch of coins again and will see in a little while if I continue to have problems.

I managed to get it working by setting utxooverride a bit above needed and sending that amount to new address. Now it sends this amount and uses fees from some dust I have left too.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 08:59:55 PM

Sounds like the issue I posted here:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/issues/70

I suggest you separate PoG from PoDC.

The issue will resolve itself over time. There's a vote to potentially remove PoDC from BiblePay. If the proposal passes, there's no point in using dev hours to make PoDC and PoG interoperate in the same wallet.

Anyway, if you want to split PoDC and PoG, you can send PoDC stake a second wallet. This worked for me in Windows 10:
https://discontinuo.us/biblepay-unofficial-wiki/how-to-run-multiple-biblepay-wallets

If anything is unclear, feel free to edit the wiki. Anyone can edit it anonymous and even upload images.

And also just to clarify, the PODC update code might have been accidentally picking some of the bankroll outputs; so let's see if this problem is resolved in the next version.
I can say for sure the next version will not spend bankroll transaction outputs for 'exec bankroll' or podcupdates (as I did some testing last night with the new version).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 10:41:47 PM

And also just to clarify, the PODC update code might have been accidentally picking some of the bankroll outputs; so let's see if this problem is resolved in the next version.
I can say for sure the next version will not spend bankroll transaction outputs for 'exec bankroll' or podcupdates (as I did some testing last night with the new version).

I believe PrivateSend also makes .001 denomination and I remember podcupdate and PrivateSend could not be used in the same wallet. If you mixed coins, your podcupdate could combined all those mixed denominations together. I suppose if your fix works as intended, the side benefit is that PrivateSend is also excluded from podcupdate?
Those PS rounds are in thousands though, I think our podc update only excludes:  locked, sanc locked, and pog bankroll denoms.

We would have to specifically test that PS issue and probably do another patch for that case.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 10:43:08 PM

1.1.8.8 - Leisure Upgrade

- Prevent 'exec bankroll' from spending bankroll denominations
- Prevent PODCUpdate from spending POG bankroll denominations

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:29:26 AM

How can I install the last mandatory update in Linux?

Code:
Reading state information... Done
biblepayd is already the newest version (1.1.8.5b-xenial1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 170 not upgraded.
yaronidon

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:44:42 AM

Hello,
Can you please explain bankroll for the non technical user.
I have old coins in my wallet, why i need bankroll, why it is not done automatically ?

How can I explain this to my granny who want to use BBP? she doesn't knows anything about computers, she just want to buy some BBP and leave the wallet open few times a day and receive some rewards for POG.
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:56:37 PM

Code:

PPA repositories have been updated few hours ago. Could you try again now?
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:21:01 PM

right now i had one successfull tithe and several rejected
but... i see that my balance goes down with every rejected - with amount of whole pile, not only tithe
is this how it should work? and how long i need to wait until coins came back? (rejected tx)
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 01:31:16 PM

but... i see that my balance goes down with every rejected - with amount of whole pile, not only tithe
is this how it should work? and how long i need to wait until coins came back? (rejected tx)

Yes your input amount is affected

Try restart wallet First

Sakic

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:34:27 PM

capulo I have the same problem, all my tithes rejected and balance is deducted by whole coin amount.

Edit: restart helped to return coins
Sakic

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:41:50 PM

Ive got this error:
 "Error": "Error: The transaction was rejected! This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here."

tithes were not accepted but my balance was deducted.
capulo

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:42:35 PM

is restart needed or just speed up things?
it is not acceptable to restart wallet after every rejected tx
afeno

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:01:28 PM

Code:

PPA repositories have been updated few hours ago. Could you try again now?
It is working now. Thank you!
capulo

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:46:06 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2019, 03:25:33 PM by capulo

capulo I have the same problem, all my tithes rejected and balance is deducted by whole coin amount.

Edit: restart helped to return coins

check amounts and ages, because i see that all piles affected by rejected tx have 0 confirmations age( even if there was 12 blocks already), and they are lowered by tithe amount
where tithes are, i really dont know Smiley

EDIT: few minutes later... i can see that tithes were accepted... wtf?
afeno

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:46:56 PM

I have 6 tithes with 0 confirmations that are already 3 hours old. The TXs are currently reducing my balance. I already tried to restart the wallet but nothing.
What should I do?
Pages: « 1 ... 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 [626] 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: