Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:45:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 12:35:39 PM

Had to delete folders and reindex my sancs/MNs, now one of them has "timeoffset": -3,

How do I reset it to 0?

Just double check the system time is correct to within 1 sec, and system time zone is correct.

BiblePay enforces the time to be within a certain range otherwise the node will not sync.

Thanks. It fixed itself within a couple of hours, I didn't have to do anything. Perfect!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
username_is_my_name

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 02:09:01 PM

Regarding any comments about Gridcoin, I never publically explained my involvement with them (if there is any).

If you have any complaints about my prior coding history, I wish you to post it publically and who your contact is - because there is no contention between me and Gridcoin nor was there ever any contention.

If anyone will be thanking another person it will be them thanking me in September when I write my blog explaining which community I came from and the whole ordeal.

Then it will all be public and come to light.  Until then post the blurb and contact ID - and we will PM each other.

/u/denravonska gave an explanation on a reddit thread about a year ago. i thought that was all in the open? not trying to start trouble...(and the TL;DR is that there was never any contention, just as rob says!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/8i6vij/biblepay_vs_gridcoin/
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 05:01:57 PM

I have about 8 unconfirmed tx in my wallet from 12 hours ago.

I tried:

1) tools, repair, rescan
2) tools , repair, zapwallettxes=1
3) resync - remove everything except wallet.dat and biblepay.conf and resync the chain

I want to avoid zapwallettxes=2 because I lose coin age. And its not clear based on zapwallettxes=1 that =2 would solve my issue.

Short of running a new wallet, any other suggestions? I'm guessing my wallet.dat got corrupted from the daily crashes 1198 is experiencing.

thanks.

I don't think you tried -rescan yet, because that removes orphans and rebuilds the entire txlist.

On corruption, you will know if its corrupted after you boot, as there is a wallet check.

If you really want to ensure there is no corruption you can back up your wallet - then remove wallet.dat, and replace it with a backup from the backups folder, and restart, and verify your balance is full.

What OS are you running thats crashing?  Im on the latest in windows and not crashing.  Im only running one thread on the miner though, maybe try running less than 5 threads on the miner.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 05:09:03 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2019, 06:03:48 PM by sunk818

I tried:

1) tools, repair, rescan
3) resync - remove everything except wallet.dat and biblepay.conf and resync the chain

I want to avoid zapwallettxes=2 because I lose coin age. And its not clear based on zapwallettxes=1 that =2 would solve my issue.

Short of running a new wallet, any other suggestions? I'm guessing my wallet.dat got corrupted from the daily crashes 1198 is experiencing.

thanks.

I don't think you tried -rescan yet, because that removes orphans and rebuilds the entire txlist.

On corruption, you will know if its corrupted after you boot, as there is a wallet check.

If you really want to ensure there is no corruption you can back up your wallet - then remove wallet.dat, and replace it with a backup from the backups folder, and restart, and verify your balance is full.

What OS are you running thats crashing?  Im on the latest in windows and not crashing.  Im only running one thread on the miner though, maybe try running less than 5 threads on the miner.

I just told you I tried -rescan already. I'll try again. I may have to resort to salvaging the wallet or creating a new wallet and import the private keys to the fresh wallet.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. Like I said, wallet running only PoDC has not crashed.

The one running PoG with genproclimit=1 and minersleep=950 crashes daily. Do you believe there is an issue with 1198, or it is just me? If you believe, it is just me, then there's nothing to do I suppose. But if you believe this is caused by 1198, I'd like updates on what you propose to do to address the crashes? I know many masternodes on Linux are crashing recently, so I'm lead to it is BBP code and not something specific to my workstation.

username_is_my_name

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 05:49:22 PM

/u/denravonska gave an explanation on a reddit thread about a year ago. i thought that was all in the open? not trying to start trouble...(and the TL;DR is that there was never any contention, just as rob says!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/8i6vij/biblepay_vs_gridcoin/
Even if we didn't want to go with the reddit thread, Ravon, Barton, and Jim Owens have all confirmed multiple times that Rob = Rob. I don't think that's something we need to be coy about or have a massive reveal in 6 months. It's well known. Just last week Jim said
"The founder of Gridcoin and BIblepay are one and the same. The last name for both are pseudonyms."

Now the real question is "how does that affect Biblepay?" Apart from DAHF looking a lot like "Gridcoin Finance" in my outsider view, and the obvious BOINC connection, I don't see a ton of reasons to care from a dev perspective. I find great reason to care from a marketing perspective, but that's just me.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 06:04:25 PM

I received this from Side by Side Women of Uganda:

Dear bible pay,thank you for the time you have done sponsoring with our orphaned children here in Uganda, you added more value during your time with these children, you gave them hope when they never had hope ,The children  are going to miss you so much!
But we at Side by Side Christ Ministries, would love to say THANK YOU!

God bless you more

Sarah

=-=-=-=-

I replied and told her God bless her and asked which child and ministry she is with.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 06:09:17 PM

I tried:

1) tools, repair, rescan

thanks.

I just told you I tried -rescan already. I'll try again. I may have to resort to salvaging the wallet or creating a new wallet and import the private keys to the fresh wallet.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. Like I said, wallet running only PoDC has not crashed.

The one running PoG with genproclimit=1 and minersleep=950 crashes daily. Do you believe there is an issue with 1198, or it is just me? If you believe, it is just me, then there's nothing to do I suppose. But if you believe this is caused by 1198, I'd like updates on what you propose to do to address the crashes? I know many masternodes on Linux are crashing recently, so I'm lead to it is BBP code and not something specific to my workstation.

Do we have anyone else on the forum in windows 10 that crashes daily?

Yes, on the -rescan, I am saying that from what the code actually does, it clears orphans and reinstates the transaction list based on blockchain data, so yes please try that again and monitor the txlist orphan before and after.  It should not say "offline".  It might say Unconfirmed (broadcast through N nodes) - that is not an orphan in that case. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 07:10:15 PM

bbp central showing that we have 487 MN and reward is 604bbp
isnt this too low?
block should be 1m so about 2k bbp
no?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 09:30:19 PM

isnt this too low?
no?

http://explorer.biblepay.org/address/BFoUZeRsnXdx6Y3cWHNTUdNVL6JrL5bHeV

Received 4347 BBP recently.

Some of BBP Central information is wrong.

thesnat21 has some governance and masternode list here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/cc/masternode/list

it is all based off of blockchain data

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 09:42:20 PM

isnt this too low?
no?

http://explorer.biblepay.org/address/BFoUZeRsnXdx6Y3cWHNTUdNVL6JrL5bHeV

Received 4347 BBP recently.

Some of BBP Central information is wrong.

thesnat21 has some governance and masternode list here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/cc/masternode/list

it is all based off of blockchain data

Sun can you please help us with something, can you please tell me tomorrow if everyone is on the main chain and if we should re-open southexchange?

Just try to get a feel that all sancs and the main network are synced.

Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2019, 09:43:45 PM

isnt this too low?
no?

Its more like 4300 bbp per block.

On a side note, when sanctuaries crash, the pool miners get to keep the extra reward on a block that is not awarded to a restarted sanctuary.

Ive seen a few high rewards on pool.biblepay.org over the last week due to this - of course its split with the participants as usual.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 02:21:57 AM

Sun can you please help us with something, can you please tell me tomorrow if everyone is on the main chain and if we should re-open southexchange?

How would I know if everyone is on the main chain?

Maybe informal poll on discord?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 04:52:09 AM

Lots of illegal tithes daily.

I think this is during low PoG difficulty where different people are rushing to get their tithes in before PoG difficulty goes up... Then there is wackiness with mempool and unconfirmed transactions not confirming until next block(s) where PoG difficulty has changed where tithe does not meet the minimum requirements of coin age, coin amount, or max tithe amount.

vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 05:11:26 AM

https://i.imgur.com/YkWYQg5.jpg

I think this is during low PoG difficulty where different people are rushing to get their tithes in before PoG difficulty goes up... Then there is wackiness with mempool and unconfirmed transactions not confirming until next block(s) where PoG difficulty has changed where tithe does not meet the minimum requirements of coin age, coin amount, or max tithe amount.

I have one wallet getting offline transactions from automatic tithes on daily basis. When I reboot the wallet it will became unconfirmed and after while it is sent and it is always illegal tithe.
Is there way to remove offline tx?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 06:05:00 AM

I have one wallet getting offline transactions from automatic tithes on daily basis. When I reboot the wallet it will became unconfirmed and after while it is sent and it is always illegal tithe.

You can try tools, wallet repair, zapwallettxes=1 . it might remove them on restart instead of making unconfirm and confirm as illegal tithe.

zapwallettxes=2 is destructive (will reset coin age), but zapwallettxes=1 will rescan and try to remove offline, unconfirmed, orphans, abandoned, etc.

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 02:01:06 PM

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages    dead
https://www.biblepay.org/                              dead

what do mean "dead"? Not working? Needs to be updated?

Please explain.
madmurphy

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 02:44:37 PM

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages    dead
https://www.biblepay.org/                              dead

Please explain.

www.biblepay.org was offline for a short while that I know of, could not get on for a hour or so.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 03:46:10 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2019, 05:22:00 PM by sunk818

How would I know if everyone is on the main chain?

Maybe informal poll on discord?

13 yes on Discord they are on 1198 and on correct chain. 0 no.

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ubuntu_Packages    dead
https://www.biblepay.org/                              dead

Please explain.

www.biblepay.org was offline for a short while that I know of, could not get on for a hour or so.

thanks for reporting it. i set up uptime robot on it to automate the checking. service is free. I set it for 20 minutes. hopefully, its not a web host or ISP daily backup type of thing... we will see.

vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:58:31 PM

You can try tools, wallet repair, zapwallettxes=1 . it might remove them on restart instead of making unconfirm and confirm as illegal tithe.

zapwallettxes=2 is destructive (will reset coin age), but zapwallettxes=1 will rescan and try to remove offline, unconfirmed, orphans, abandoned, etc.

zapwallets does this. This is not good.

Code:
exec istithelegal 0cce7c1c9c58d121c7240b583e0ecfc6a3d739b9a4475018cda3e6440a079762

{
  "Command": "istithelegal",
  "Tithe_Legal": -4,
  "Tithe_Legal_Result": "TITHE_DOES_NOT_MEET_COIN_AGE_REQUIREMENTS",
  "Tx_Time": 1552049279,
  "Tithed_Height": 105931,
  "Spent_Time": 1551706892,
  "Spent_Height": 105110,
  "Spent_Coin_Amount": 1969.001,
  "Tithe_Age": 3.9628125,
  "Tithe_Amount": 8.911,
  "Block_diff_min_coin_age": 4.36,
  "Block_diff_min_coin_amt": 1720,
  "Block_diff_max_tithe_amt": 9
}
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 05:19:54 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2019, 07:14:44 PM by sunk818

Code:
exec istithelegal 0cce7c1c9c58d121c7240b583e0ecfc6a3d739b9a4475018cda3e6440a079762

{
  "Command": "istithelegal",
  "Tithe_Legal": -4,
  "Tithe_Legal_Result": "TITHE_DOES_NOT_MEET_COIN_AGE_REQUIREMENTS",
}

I don't like how tithing works when there is congestion (more than 75 tithes). This is encouraged by the 50 block look back on PoG difficulty. If tithes do not make in to the next confirming block, PoG difficulty will changes and your tithe no longer meets the requirement. 25% of my tithes in the last 205 blocks are "illegal". This affects every tither. Someone that just puts in 1 tithe in will be negatively affected as those that submit 10 or 75 tithes. If your tithe met the requirement at the time you submitted it into the mempool, it should be "legal". It was legal when you tithed so don't change the rules afterwards.

Pages: « 1 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 [645] 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: