Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:50:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243125 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 02:57:49 PM

I have download new 1.1.9.9 x64 wallet for windows from https://www.biblepay.org/wallet/ . Next clear all (except wallet.dat) anc synchronize. It download all block and start synchronize additional information. When it is completed - the wallet rebooted and began to synchronize again.

Yeah, the problem is we need to solve more than 2 blocks within 60 minutes on the main chain and we are up to 107031 with a diff of 371.

I have the new version compiling that will stop this behavior regardless.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 02:58:20 PM

We had a feature in called HealthCheckup that would only reboot in the circumstance (where the block spacing > one hour, has not been checked for an hour, and the side chain has more work than the main chain, and the main chain diff is low);

This feature normally will only Reboot Once, but what happened in 1199, since the users on a version < 1199 are still adhering to pog rules, that chain still continues to remain longer (IE with more work), so hence the continual re-assessment and re-boot nuisance.

(Another words, the feature would have worked in normal circumstances, if rebooting caused the client to jump on the longer chain after resyncing but it cant because the longer is invalid now).

So in light of this Im making a new leisure now; the old version is still fine for others once the main chain gets longer.

Compiling...

Are there any "known good" seed nodes currently?

There are 5 compiled in (dns1-dns5.biblepay.org).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 03:01:01 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 03:41:48 PM by MIP

Ill make a leisure release now with:

- Reboot disabled
- Drop all connections below 1199

In the mean time if we can solve a few blocks on the main chain, all these problems will resolve by themself.

Ready for MacOS
Ubuntu PPAs compiling (will take 2-4 hours). Correct version number: 1.1.9.9g
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 03:54:12 PM

While I know that this has been a frustrating week, let's all take a second to thank MIP/Rob for the tireless dedication they've shown towards fixing these issues. It might feel a little chaotic, but those of us wanting more transparency and clarity in the process are getting it, and now we all know everything that goes into new feature launches and dealing with unforeseen circumstances. I'm sure we'll do things a bit differently in the future, and there are some lessons to be learned no doubt, but let's not forget to have some gratitude either.

Don't get discouraged; we'll come out of this and be able to focus on the mission.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 04:28:36 PM

We had a feature in called HealthCheckup that would only reboot in the circumstance (where the block spacing > one hour, has not been checked for an hour, and the side chain has more work than the main chain, and the main chain diff is low);

This feature normally will only Reboot Once, but what happened in 1199, since the users on a version < 1199 are still adhering to pog rules, that chain still continues to remain longer (IE with more work), so hence the continual re-assessment and re-boot nuisance.

(Another words, the feature would have worked in normal circumstances, if rebooting caused the client to jump on the longer chain after resyncing but it cant because the longer is invalid now).

So in light of this Im making a new leisure now; the old version is still fine for others once the main chain gets longer.

Compiling...

Are there any "known good" seed nodes currently?

There are 5 compiled in (dns1-dns5.biblepay.org).

Here are 2 more:

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:41:35 PM

When pureloop will be updated? All miners (42) in the pool are stuck until the pool is updated.

Hope I can do it in the next 2-3 hours.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 05:14:33 PM

BiblePay - 1.1.9.9g
Leisure Upgrade

- Prevent Reboots (use key: checkhealth=1 to re-enable the feature later)
- Prevent connecting to old nodes
- Fix getblock rpc issue

Earlier:
- Remove POG in Prod to prevent external attack vectors
- Fix boost::lexical cast error during syncing
- Transition to POBH POW mining only after block 107,000
- Fix difficulty reading on overview and getmininginfo

** Mac/PPA's compiling by MIP **

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:19:39 PM

BiblePay - 1.1.9.9g
Leisure Upgrade

- Fix getblock rpc issue

Earlier:

Linux wallet was able to pass 107031 block. I compiled from source.
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:43:46 PM

BiblePay - 1.1.9.9g
Leisure Upgrade

- Fix getblock rpc issue

Earlier:

I upgraded via the package. Block height is 107042 now, and I get this message:

"errors": "Warning: We do not appear to fully agree with our peers! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

I tried getwalletinfo on CLI wallet, and it says:

"error code: -2
error message:
Safe mode: Warning: We do not appear to fully agree with our peers! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 06:15:21 PM

BiblePay - 1.1.9.9g
Leisure Upgrade

- Fix getblock rpc issue

Earlier:

I upgraded via the package. Block height is 107042 now, and I get this message:

"errors": "Warning: We do not appear to fully agree with our peers! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

I tried getwalletinfo on CLI wallet, and it says:

"error code: -2
error message:
Safe mode: Warning: We do not appear to fully agree with our peers! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

Thats OK: That means the wallet sees the old chain with higher work and feels you should be on it (but shouldnt).

It will clear when we have about 20-30% more upgraded.  (That chain will end up dying and becoming shorter).

I see we are on 107050 now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 06:15:48 PM

Things look good now:  The pool is working properly.

13:15:59

getblockhash 107050

13:15:59

23d16ee5b5f54fa0445d62ec90849236b989ec2fbd8bcd774264ec00c737cbb6

** Welcome back Proof-of-Bible-Hash (POW) **

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:29:46 PM

Purepool is updated and resyncing right now

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 06:38:32 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 09:38:23 PM by bible_pay

While I know that this has been a frustrating week, let's all take a second to thank MIP/Rob for the tireless dedication they've shown towards fixing these issues. It might feel a little chaotic, but those of us wanting more transparency and clarity in the process are getting it, and now we all know everything that goes into new feature launches and dealing with unforeseen circumstances. I'm sure we'll do things a bit differently in the future, and there are some lessons to be learned no doubt, but let's not forget to have some gratitude either.

Don't get discouraged; we'll come out of this and be able to focus on the mission.

One of the changes I'd like to see is not to use letters in builds.

Everyone that is not compiling the source themselves are confused now. Is it 1.1.9.9a or g?

Some are downloading the binary from biblepay.org/wallet while others are getting the Linux PPA.

We just need to know what we're dealing with. Many of us are ready to help mine the difficulty down with hundreds of core.

I guess we will have to compile the source to be sure: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

Starting in the Evolution branch we will expose the suffix - If necessary (IE if build version numbers are not distinct) and Ill be available to show how to query the long-suffix from the core client.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:02:23 PM

One of the changes I'd like to see is not to use letters in builds.

Everyone that is not compiling the source themselves are confused now. Is it 1.1.9.9a or g?

Some are downloading the binary from biblepay.org/wallet while others are getting the Linux PPA.

We just need to know what we're dealing with. Many of us are ready to help mine the difficulty down with hundreds of core.

I guess we will have to compile the source to be sure: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

No one is confused Sun, the latest Windows build is out there, Ive confirmed it works, Im running it on the pool, and the latest sha hash in git is always the latest and it coincides with the version.

Please quit trying to make more work for us when we do 99.9% and you constantly just complain about things.  Is there something Sun can do for the users to make the process easier?

I was confused and keep being confused until these letters are visible.
It has been multiple times now that I have downloaded the windows wallet right after post here telling new update or wallet saying there is update and then it has been old version. Someone should definitely automate this process and unfortunately it is only you who has rights to modify web site.

You can say that we are just complaining things but someone has to complain so we can make things so easy that grannys will be able to install wallet and support BBP
alm-2000

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:42:17 PM

What happen with my BPP?
At 12.03 i have more than 40k bpp. Today i start 1.1.9.9g wallet and i have only 4 763 bpp.
I tried to restore the wallet from 2019-03-12-13, but the balance is the same
noxpost

Activity: 235

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:43:38 PM

State of 'the' BiblePay (Development-wise) and Otherwise:

- J Guan merged in Chinese Translations

- Anton G merged in the "Hand of God" wallet theme <- This is a huge contribution.  I spent last night tinting a few broken (non Hand of God, but general) icons that kept breaking the build, build is rebuilding now for testnet, so we should be able to take a look at this later today.

- MIP has created Biblepay Mobile for Android, and btw, we gave him an exchange e-mail for support (it will be in the Android play store).  I would help test this but I dont have an Android.  (I might be picking one up asap to help out).  This is a huge contribution bringing us closer to unbanked services and cancer mining without any home PC for setup.  And of course this allows the unbanked to transfer in and out of BTC without a PC.

- Licht has been working on biblepay-central proposals and making purepool honor the core wallet rules, and on the api.  And working on the new mining guides.

- I've been working on Stratis blockchain sync.  I've ported our version of Groestl into Stratis, and successfully hashed one block so far using X11 + biblepay.c in c#.  This still needs a lot of work, as next I have to port the entire KJV bible into Stratis.  Im also working on the Stratis UI.

- Nox enhancing our whitepaper.

- 616West is starting youtoube show.

- Luke and Togo going on Canary Cry radio

- T-Mike creating PODC forum

- Bhavani is creating Proposals in the core wallet.  He is adding a QT5 Grid to show a list of active Proposals (ie those that need voted).  He is going to make it so you can vote on a proposal in the wallet by right clicking the row, and seeing: Vote for, vote against, Chart proposal, View Proposal, etc.  The Chart Proposal option will bring up a qt5-in-wallet pie chart with the current proposal voting statistics.

- CoinExchange.IO approved our exchange application and offered 50% discount (they want 2btc to list us).  We told them we will wait for our treasurer (Jaap) to save up the remaining and then we will hold a vote.

- Biblepay Testnet Branch created!  We now have a dedicated branch for our development team to push commits to.  Dev team, please push  commits to the 'test' branch.  I am working on automated build process that will push the windows EXE for test automatically up to the download section (will work with Tom on exposing that).

- April, Togo, Jaap and Thomas have been working on enhancing the website!  Ive heard nothing but good compliments on the content April and the team is contributing (IE basically establishing a professional presence, vs. not having a presence).

- Cameroon One is working with me on integrating IT wise- they are on-board!  They are creating URLs for each child now, and will support our child communications outbound into Cameroon.

- I'm working on a financial proof of concept with quants for Q3 proof-of-concept for biblepay, for financial related feature(s)

- Jaap working on partnerships and acting as Exchange Treasurer

- Cryptoshot (Habib) launching the Ghana Blockchain Conference!  And running the live Twitter feed! 

I just had to go back and look this up because I was feeling a bit sad about the state of our community lately. Look at this, nearly a year ago, how many people were actively working to make changes to the websites, add explorers, update marketing material, spread the word to others, bring on new charities, and more. There was a short radio series, the biblepay university was a thing, the wiki was in active maintenance, and people helped on all sorts of things from masternode setup and maintenance, to creating PPA packages, to trying to get us advertising. It's not that the individual people matter, but it's that as a group, we were a much more cohesive community a year ago than we are now.

Looking at 2019, it seems to be just MIP/Rob making code changes, and everyone else upset about those changes - either too fast, or too slow, or too big, or too small - and very little of anyone else doing anything. Developers or not, there's lots of ways for people to make a difference if they choose to.

I'm not perfect here - I'm certainly far less active than I used to be, too - but I want to encourage everyone to think about how we can make a difference in getting us back on mission.
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 08:02:22 PM

What happen with my BPP?
At 12.03 i have more than 40k bpp. Today i start 1.1.9.9g wallet and i have only 4 763 bpp.

There's a good chance you were on the fork while earning those coins ..  You can try to use the rescan option in "wallet repair" section of the menu
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:05:27 PM

I wrote about it (about POG). Experimental rabbits. Rob broke everything.
macko20

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:10:10 PM

Rob where are you?
macko20

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:20:13 PM

What happen with my BPP?

There's a good chance you were on the fork while earning those coins ..  You can try to use the rescan option in "wallet repair" section of the menu

Maybe give us correctly chain?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Pages: « 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: