Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 04:12:34 PM

what happend?
my pc is win10 and ver:1.4.4.4

"poolinfo5": "Internal ABN: Invalid 1563959825; ",
  "abninfo": "Received a stale block from the pool... Please wait... ;

Pool is resyncing now, give it 10 more mins and it should be fine.

With the latest version of the wallet, shouldn't it automatically recover from a stale block after a period of time?  None of mine seem to be doing that...

Your machines are probably out of sync again.
I finally discovered the root of the problem that causes those same machines to repeatedly go out of sync; thank God for this. 
There is always an IT explanation for things.

For now, please check your hash against chainz, then resync if necessary.

Ill announce a mandatory as soon as possible (Im trying to make sure we have what Cameroon will need in first, so we dont bother people more than once in the next 30 days!).

Ive asked our exchanges to run in litemode (which makes them immune to this issue).

(You can also try litemode=1 if you want, but you must be in sync first).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 04:29:14 PM

Technical explanation that I believe explains all prior forks (as of Biblepay-Evolutions start date), and most (if not all) sync issues, and why we have a propensity to have certain nodes 'repeat' behavior (as in fall out of sync more than others):

So back in the days of PODC (Dash < 0.12.0 days), our sanctuaries had no gobject rate limiter in place.  This means that although each sanctuary was only allowed to create one PODC contract per day, all the votes for that contract would be accepted by every node without fail, as the votes propagated.

After Dash 0.13.0, a rate limit was put in place to prevent a sanctuary from spamming the network with invalid gobjects and invalid votes (and basically ddossing them with a lot of extra processing work, and space to hold the objects).  We inherited this, but the reason it didnt break until now, is because it took an analysis to find out the nodes that failed propagation had a gobject creation rate just above the threshhold (.00000040 objects per second-cycle).  In laymans terms this means our sancs in this world could create one contract per week, but if the same sanc was unlucky enough to create an extra contract, the create would succeed, but the data would fail to propagate to the entire network (I have proof of this).  This is because the *receiving* rate limiter was rejecting the data (not the creation limiter).

So now how do we explain this split-network and d-dos issue.  Luckily we have a smoking gun (our gobject cache) that shows 20% of the sancs were voting in their own "private" network.  Not because they were nefarious, but it formed naturally when they refused the daily gobject, they created their own, they voted on their own private channel. 

So now lets find out how did the same nodes repeatedly fall out of sync?  Because during mnsync, peers.dat is used to find the first connected sanctuary to pull gobjects from.  I assume the peers.dat order (being unchanged on a resynced node) would cause a node to repeatedly try the same sanc for gobject sync (which has 20% of the votes) to pull data from *again* (unless peers.dat is deleted).  Then this viscious cycle continues, because the node stays in sync for N-205 blocks until the next GSC, failing to approve the voted for contract.

So here is the mitigation plan, and I believe this is going to be a solid upgrade:

- Fix the math required in the wallet for BiblePay specifically, for the receive rate buffer
- Ensure Cameroon One is merged in to minimize impact over the next 30 days
- Release a mandatory for the entire network
- Give exchanges the option to run in litemode=1 and wait until October, or to upgrade now

Once this is ready, I will notify everyone.

We also need to modify testnet as I believe this is affecting testnet as well.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 08:20:46 PM

BiblePay
1.4.4.5-Mandatory Upgrade

- Ensure gobjects are propagated through entire network
- Add configurable key : changequantity=n (this allows you to specify
how many change outputs you wish to receive from GSC transmissions,
default is 10)

** Mac/Linux will not be ready for 3~ hours **

** This upgrade is for the entire network:  Users and Sanctuaries
Except:  Exchanges may run in litemode=1 if they wish to wait for the next mandatory **

** It is recommended that you delete banlist.dat **

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Nipar

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 08:43:17 PM

looking forward to the linux update
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:42:52 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2019, 06:53:37 AM by MIP

BiblePay

default is 10)

Except:  Exchanges may run in litemode=1 if they wish to wait for the next mandatory **

MacOS DMG and Linux Intel 32/64 bits binaries ready
Linux Arm 32/64 binaries still compiling

EDIT: ARM binaries also ready
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 04:01:50 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2019, 04:34:08 AM by togoshigekata

I was able to upgrade daemon to v1.4.4.5 for the explorer successfully,
But I am getting build errors on my local ubuntu machine for .o files

Code:
bench/bench_bench_biblepay-ccoins_caching.o: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:4400: recipe for target 'bench/bench_biblepay' failed
make[1]: *** [bench/bench_biblepay] Error 1

Ill try deleting the .o files and remaking and report back

UPDATE: Ran command:
Code:
sudo find . -name '*.o' -delete
Builds successfully now

Budinga

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:48:29 AM

BiblePay

default is 10)

Hi Rob,

By the way great job with the coin, i have been a supporter from day 1.

I seem to have run in to a slight problem. After upgrading i wasn't receiving any coins sent to me.
I then did a complete re-index and my balance was missing loads. it said i just have 6k. so i restored a backup wallet, all my coins were there. So i sent to the exchange 10k just to test,
and it worked. Now my issue is the block chain explorer shows i had 6k, something strange is going on?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 01:15:42 PM

BiblePay

default is 10)

Hi Rob,

I seem to have run in to a slight problem. After upgrading i wasn't receiving any coins sent to me.
I then did a complete re-index and my balance was missing loads. it said i just have 6k. so i restored a backup wallet, all my coins were there. So i sent to the exchange 10k just to test,
and it worked. Now my issue is the block chain explorer shows i had 6k, something strange is going on?

Hi Prof Budinga,

Thank you for being a veteran member, and thanks for the compliments. 

So on this issue, on a side note, if you have any empty (orphaned) transaction rows in your wallet, you can start once with '-zapwallettxes=1' and they will be removed (but that doesn't sound like the issue).

For this can you please paste the txid of the 10k you sent, and Ill look? 

I think the issue is that each distinct keypair created in the wallet can hold a certain balance (for anonymity purposes).  So the BX can only see what that particular address started with (not your entire wallet balance).  If you go to coin control, and sort by Address, and pick another address where you have most of your funds, you can navigate to chainz, and paste in *that* address and most likely your full history will be shown (for that address).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Budinga

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 01:33:01 PM

BiblePay

default is 10)

Hi Rob,

Hi Prof Budinga,

So on this issue, on a side note, if you have any empty (orphaned) transaction rows in your wallet, you can start once with '-zapwallettxes=1' and they will be removed (but that doesn't sound like the issue).

I think the issue is that each distinct keypair created in the wallet can hold a certain balance (for anonymity purposes).  So the BX can only see what that particular address started with (not your entire wallet balance).  If you go to coin control, and sort by Address, and pick another address where you have most of your funds, you can navigate to chainz, and paste in *that* address and most likely your full history will be shown (for that address).

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply much appreciated.

the transaction hash for the 10k is: 02912cdd6be98a11c38dc54a01764f0c22907580c84eb7e63a6501cf4ad99cc2
that seems to be working fine. as i am just waiting for confirmation on the exchange 21/40. my funds all seem to be there now, as with the backup wallet restore it just works.

ah ok i think i get what you mean. what do u mean by coin control, Im using the windows version.
Although i think i may have found the right address well at least half the coins show up on the chain in there.

Thanks
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 01:34:36 PM

Are the PPA Ubuntu packages ready to upgrade the wallet?
I remember that last time I had to compile the wallet. And I don't remember how I did it...  Huh

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 01:40:51 PM

I remember that last time I had to compile the wallet. And I don't remember how I did it...  Huh

No, I don't believe that PPA issue was ever cracked yet, right MIP?  We still can't build chia-bls due to chia not being available in the PPA upstream.

So, to upgrade a node you compiled yourself is very easy:  See the Upgrade biblepay section:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay-evolution/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 01:45:23 PM

BiblePay

default is 10)

Hi Rob,

Hi Prof Budinga,

Hi,

the transaction hash for the 10k is: 02912cdd6be98a11c38dc54a01764f0c22907580c84eb7e63a6501cf4ad99cc2
that seems to be working fine. as i am just waiting for confirmation on the exchange 21/40. my funds all seem to be there now, as with the backup wallet restore it just works.

ah ok i think i get what you mean. what do u mean by coin control, Im using the windows version.
Although i think i may have found the right address well at least half the coins show up on the chain in there.

Thanks

Hi Prof Budinga,

So to enable coin control, please go to settings | Options | Wallet | Enable Coin Control Features | Ok.
Once you do that you can go to Send Coins | Inputs | Tree Mode.  Find one address with a lot of coins | Right Click | Copy Address.
Then you can paste it into chainz.  That will show just the coins in tree mode associated with that address.
Chainz does have an expirimental tool that guesses at the owners balance, but Im not sure how close it is.
Yes, that txid - address you pasted just shows the history of that particular address.

Chainz:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Budinga

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 01:51:05 PM

BiblePay

default is 10)

Hi Rob,

Hi Prof Budinga,

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Prof Budinga,

So to enable coin control, please go to settings | Options | Wallet | Enable Coin Control Features | Ok.
Once you do that you can go to Send Coins | Inputs | Tree Mode.  Find one address with a lot of coins | Right Click | Copy Address.
Then you can paste it into chainz.  That will show just the coins in tree mode associated with that address.
Chainz does have an expirimental tool that guesses at the owners balance, but Im not sure how close it is.
Yes, that txid - address you pasted just shows the history of that particular address.

Chainz:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much i now get it.

Really appreciate it.

I now know were my coins are.

Thanks
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 02:27:08 PM

No, I don't believe that PPA issue was ever cracked yet, right MIP?  We still can't build chia-bls due to chia not being available in the PPA upstream.

So, to upgrade a node you compiled yourself is very easy:  See the Upgrade biblepay section:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay-evolution/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt

That's right Rob, we currently have 3 hurdles piling one over the next:
- We need to know how to create PPA dependency for relic toolkit library used by chia-bls
- Then find out how to create chia-bls as PPA using the relic PPA as dependency.
- Finally, the chia-bls library used by Dash (and us) is not even the official upstream, but a heavily customized one by Dash devs, so we need to know how to add the Dash patch to chia-bls to the PPA buid process.

That's why we are currently compiling our own linux binaries for Intel and ARM 32/64 architectures
You will find all of them in the "Wallet" menu options of www.biblepay.org website.

Or you can also compile yourself. I you have problems to compile you can contact me on Discord channel.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 06:39:10 PM

I believe all 45 Presidents of the United States, including Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump, George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Jimmy Carter and John F. Kennedy would approve of BiblePay for it's goodwill towards helping orphans globally and spreading the word of God, and also for our cutting edge technology we inherited from Bitcoin and DASH, and for our original accomplishments.

Did you know all 45 American Presidents were Christian for most of their lives? 

Out of our 45 presidents, only Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson departed or distanced themselves from Christianity.  Jefferson was a staunch follower of Jesus until late in his life when he questioned Jesus' divine nature.  Lincoln's friends all said he was Christian, but he believed in the separation of Church & State to a degree that he would not talk about religion while President.

The other 43 presidents proudly maintain that they are Christian, being inaugurated with bibles.   37 of these 43 are Protestant.

Imho, I feel we should give God praise and Glory for what has been accomplished in America by people who hold the highest post and executed their best judgement from a Christian perspective.  I do not include what some conspiracy theorists say more recently about the Deep State (that the US are warmongers) -- but I am referring to the general 200 year span and the accomplishments in the industrial revolution. 

Unfortunately, some believe Satan has secretly infiltrated the highest office over the last 20 years, ushering in an era where politicians are elected and disguise themselves as Christians but execute non Christian policies. 

God Bless the US, and all Countries!  God bless all appointed Christian positions!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 05:29:00 PM

I have put a new pc to test solo mining @ 1.4.4.5

Is it can be ignore the message in "poolinfo5" if that ensure the wallet have enough ABN weight?

"poolinfo5": "Internal ABN: Invalid 1564161497; ",
  "abninfo": "ABN: OK; ",

"weight 125000.00": 161401.5844444444,
  "total_required 125000.00": 403854
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 06:31:15 PM

** GIN is closing on August 1st **

Dear Client,

This is an official notice regarding the GIN Platform suspending of masternode hosting services as of  Aug 01, 2019.

Why?
The recent drop in number of hosted nodes  while at the same time GIN Platform using a scaled-up infrastructure, became  a huge red flag on this business line profitability. Basically it became financially impossible for the platform to keep up operations. As the monthly margin was reinvested in the company, there are no buffers that could allow us to maintain operations at a daily loss.  We have seen this coming recently and we tried to keep afloat the masternodes service as much as we could by optimizing masternode allocations, trimming down all non-essential indirect costs etc. We reached this unfortunate day when we need to take a sorrow and tough decision for us and for the community.

Why not keep it up at a loss until the market recovers?
We think the masternode landscape changed a lot in the past year. Blockchain technology is moving fast, staking appeared as a new promised consensus mechanism. The masternodes market proved to be quite resilient during the alts winter. While some thinkers in the space opine that  there are signs that the masternodes space is getting some traction again, we cannot assume anything on our end. We have been bootstrapped from the beginning and what played as a great way to be flexible, did not help us now when a cash flow injection was needed.

As you know, we looked for fresh money for GIN Platform through a strategic investor, but the downtrend of the market and the complexity of the business did not favour us.

At the same time, our service is more expensive than the competition's which does not perform very well in a market where customers at this stage of the masternodes space will almost always choose the cheapest. While we set the standards in the industry, we did not adapt well to the cheap price strategy as we saw and believed beyond the hosting service for the masternode spaces. This time, we might have been proven wrong.

Why the urgency in closing?
We are making all endeavors  to return all the customer balances and prorated payments for committed nodes to minimize the impact on the customer. The only way we can do this is if we eliminate all costs immediately and start the refund procedures.

What happens with the nodes you paid for in advance?
Your GIN Platform balance shall be credited with the prorated GIN amount for the remaining days of service. E.g. for a 30 GIN payment for 30 days, you shall be credited 10 GIN if only 10 days of paid service remain. To be eligible for this refund, do not delete the committed nodes

How to get my balance back?
Send an email to refunds@ginplatform.io from the same address you use to login to the platform by Sep 01, 2019, containing your GIN address where to receive the funds. Refunds shall be processed in maximum 30 days.

Is there any alternative to closing down the platform?
We evaluated all possible scenarios, it is with great pain that we have decided on this. If anyone from the community thinks they can do a better job and keep the service running, we are open to a handover to a different entity.

Even today, at this hour, we stand ready to discuss with any potential buyer for the GIN Platform if this can help maintain the customer base and the service unaffected, with the hope that the market will get well soon.

Email alex.andreescu@ginplatform.io if you are interested.

What happens to Gincoin & GEA?
It is important to note that GINcoin and GIN Foundation have a different activity. While the Platform and the Coin where operationally interconnected, GINcoin and GEA Protocol will be the focus of our remaining activities related to GIN. We aim to take the GEA plans towards the public beta as  per the roadmap that we announced from early stages.. The required assets that were part of the GIN Platform shall be handed to the GIN Foundation which will continue receiving funds and will try to make the best in promoting GEA and GIN.

On a personal note, we are also exhausted by the whole situation. We had a year of great achievements together with our clients and community. We believed that a project that aimed at providing huge utility in a coin ecosystem cannot lose. We created the first platform, had the first utility coin to pay for its services, notarized GIN blockchain, never incurred a serious 51% attack and we grew fast in just a couple of months. This is a sad moment, but we believe that while one maintains the right compass of honesty, transparency and hard work, there is always a second chance at some point in time.

We would like for all our masternode holder clients for trusting in our services. We will continue in this space, even though we will take some time to digest the whole year and understand the crypto business better.  We understand the frustration of many, and we want to transparently discuss any issues related to the masternode hosting service provided by GIN Platform. Thus, we aim to organize an AMA session with the community. A proposal date will be announced very soon.

Thank you,
GIN Platform Team

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 06:32:17 PM

Is it can be ignore the message in "poolinfo5" if that ensure the wallet have enough ABN weight?

Yes, that poolinfo5 just shows that the internal ABN is still low, but in abninfo, the funded one is OK, so yes that is normal.
We made the latest version clear poolinfo5 after about 3 mins or so.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 07:02:37 PM

Yes, that poolinfo5 just shows that the internal ABN is still low, but in abninfo, the funded one is OK, so yes that is normal.
We made the latest version clear poolinfo5 after about 3 mins or so.

Understood.

Can I know that in the latest version 1.4.4.5 or later in pool mining and solo mining, is it no need to use command #bankroll 125000 for ABN weight adjust?

And some machine using 1.4.4.x for pool mining, since that the message shown:"Warning: Every masternode (out of 184 known ones) is running on a newer software version. Please check latest releases, it's very likely that you missed a major/critical update."

So now the old version is no longer working properly?
Furthermore, will have a impact if have multiple machine using same wallet in pool mining / solo mining?

Thanks Rob.
stakinglab.io
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

Stakinglab.io CEO

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 08:32:58 PM

Dear Community

Today the GIN team made an official announcement that they are going to interrupt their service from 01-08-2019! The reason is financial issues!

The long bear market took his heavy toll on many POS & MN service providers. Stakinglab hardest time was when BTC was at 3k, but because of our sophisticated infrastructure and financial expertise. We are able to keep providing the best service! Other Operators like SU and some others has to stop their service to.

The GIN Team has set definitely the standards in the pure Maternode Hosting industry! We as a Platform operator can definitely sign this!
We wish good luck and all the best to the Gin Team.

We are going to help the $GIN community out for finding a new platform for hosting their nodes,  we will offer some free trial service until you guys decide how to manage your $ GIN or other Nodes! We have also some idea how u can move your nodes without losing your maturity time!  More information u will find on our Discord or Telegram channel or follow our social media.

From 01-08 to 31-08 all https://clicknode.io/ Masternode Servers will be for free!

Please inform your friends and use your referral link. later one u will get some more free hosting due to your referred users. for each $CLIX that your referred user spend u will get 0.2 $CLIX on your account

Keep in mind, so more hosted nodes we have, so more $LABX coins we will burn. Its a grate support for the LABX coin!

Company:                 https://stakinglab.io/
One-Click Hosting:     https://clicknode.io/
Stakinglab Coin:         https://labcoin.io/

Shared Pos & Masternode Service:
StakingLab.io
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: