Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:35:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 [771] 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 02:20:07 PM

I got an email back today that my Coinsbit account was not approved

Title: Customer Doc Disapproved

No documents accepted. Please try again.

Reason: "Dear customer, good day! Your verification application was disapproved. We do not accept USA documents. Thank you for understanding."

I asked in their Telegram, "Does Coinsbit not allow users from the USA?"
Eugene from Coinsbit Support Team said "No, it's not allowed"

I feel like we are being misled and taken advantage of in a lot of places.  I made it pretty clear to Nick that I lived in the US and he never mentioned to me trading is not allowed.

Ok I asked support last night through their ticket system if they required a KYC, and I got a reply back - US customers are not allowed.

Well, this is material information that would change the vote potentially.

So far I only executed the contract but we did not send them any money.

Lets discuss further if we should vote this down now?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=460.0

I made sure my notify is on in this thread; lets discuss what should we do, offer .10 btc for the listing, or cancel the deal until they offer services to US citizens?
Ill post this over there now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 02:59:29 PM

Yeah this is unfortunate, I never found any information about them restricting any countries

Ive asked their support for a list of the countries they do not allow, he said its on the website,
Ive looked through the whole website and havent found a list, I asked him for a link, still waiting on an answer

I dont know if its necessarily a dealbreaker, but maybe, probably, I dont know
I assume a good chunk of our current users are in the US

Note: crex24 exchange also doesnt allow US users, but its just an IP restriction, can bypass it with a VPN, they dont do KYC

Is the US too unfriendly on Cryptocurrency?
Is there an easy/cheap way to become a citizen of another country? dual citizenship?

Cryptocurrency is a world currency, without borders
Arent we all citizens of planet earth? of the milkyway galaxy?
Should we move to another country thats more friendly to crypto?

Support guy is giving me the run around, said theres a link, wont provide me with a link,
now he is saying there was a mailing about it to all registered users, now Im asking for a copy of the mailing

Only other reference I could find of USA being restricted on Coinsbit, 18 days ago
https://www.reddit.com/r/airdropalertcom/comments/de93o6/coinsbit_warning_for_those_in_the_usa/

Support now asked me to join online chat on the website,
They are saying US is only country they do not allow,
and theyre claiming its in the Terms of use, but I cant find it in the Terms,
I asked them to pinpoint the section,
Now hes going back to saying it was in the mailing,
I asked for a copy of the mailing and he said no and left the chat...

togoshigekata

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 03:08:34 PM

Here are screenshots of my discussions with Coinsbit support
https://imgur.com/a/r61k3yi

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 03:14:45 PM

Yeah this is unfortunate, I never found any information about them restricting any countries

Ive asked their support for a list of the countries they do not allow, he said its on the website,
Ive looked through the whole website and havent found a list, I asked him for a link, still waiting on an answer

I dont know if its necessarily a dealbreaker, but maybe, probably, I dont know
I assume a good chunk of our current users are in the US

Note: crex24 exchange also doesnt allow US users, but its just an IP restriction, can bypass it with a VPN, they dont do KYC

Is the US too unfriendly on Cryptocurrency?
Is there an easy/cheap way to become a citizen of another country? dual citizenship?

Cryptocurrency is a world currency, without borders
Arent we all citizens of planet earth? of the milkyway galaxy?
Should we move to another country thats more friendly to crypto?

Support guy is giving me the run around, said theres a link, wont provide me with a link,
now he is saying there was a mailing about it to all registered users, now Im asking for a copy of the mailing

Only other reference I could find of USA being restricted on Coinsbit, 18 days ago
https://www.reddit.com/r/airdropalertcom/comments/de93o6/coinsbit_warning_for_those_in_the_usa/

Support now asked me to join online chat on the website,
They are saying US is only country they do not allow,
and theyre claiming its in the Terms of use, but I cant find it in the Terms,
I asked them to pinpoint the section,
Now hes going back to saying it was in the mailing,
I asked for a copy of the mailing and he said no and left the chat...

Well I think its a matter of saving up our BTC investment for a 'really good deal'.  Its not that I think the deal is not worth 1 btc, its more of our last bitcoin available for quite a while once we spend it.  If we save it, we can make a deal with another top 25 exchange - hopefully.

I havent created proposals for the backup plans because coinsbit appeared to be an amazing deal, but snuffing out 50% of our customer base for trading drops it, imho, down to a 'shaky deal'.  We just dont have the budget to make mistakes any more, we must be perfect in all ways (easy to say, hard to do).

So we have graviex, which is a tiny exchange, but only .05 btc, and we have Stex who does accept US customers (to my knowledge), but they dont want to do a 'btc/bbp' deal (they offered .50 for bbp-eth) and Im a little turned off by Ether right now based on our virtually zero volume on tokok, so maybe we should consider voting it down and keeping our powder dry for the next deal- as I think if we are persistent, someone will have a heart for us and put us up with the big dogs.  We can always go back to development and make PODC 2.0, and reapproach the big dogs.

Once we spend this, we are out of the exhchange game for a while.  If we save the money, we can afford a "really good deal" if we can keep searching. (To clarify, even 1.5 btc or 2.0 btc if the deal is a top 5 exchange etc).

As far as the question about what is wrong with the US, the thing is we are using our power to impede the USD in ways the banking system has to adhere to - like swift transactions, and the power of NY SEC regs and money laundering ricochets through the world.  Sometimes court agreement can get people thrown in jail even in other countries because of our temporary financial strength (which, Im not saying is right to be subject to-- Im saying exists currently) and the world hates this Smiley, thats part of what crypto is changing ironically!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:30:59 PM

Hello everyone,

I haven't really been active the last couple of months, but since yesterday I'm trying the external miner on the NOMP pool. Really nice work so far!
Rob, you mentioned the pool found a block somewhen today. How is the payment for the blocks working? Are they paid as soon as they have matured, or once per day, per week etc.?

Another, unrelated, question: I saw that the Sanctuary Payments are constantly dropping since last week (it's below 1k bbp, going as low as 680), although the number of Sancs has not really increased for weeks or months. How is that calculated?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:33:47 PM

Unfortunately to see such a result of TOKOK , but it is true. Cry

On the other hand, if disabled the ABN and there are no more restrictions, I think it will cause the market price to go from bad to worse.

The root cause is China, there are huge free machines, I know that mainland people most of them use company resources, or electricity is free. When they get rewards, they will not hesitate to sell it all (no matter what price, as they have no cost need to pay)

I know that in China they have a group is about BBP. If they discovered that, then I will not imagine how BBP is.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 04:40:44 PM

On the other hand, if disabled the ABN and there are no more restrictions, I think it will cause the market price to go from bad to worse.

The root cause is China, there are huge free machines, I know that mainland people most of them use company resources, or electricity is free. When they get rewards, they will not hesitate to sell it all (no matter what price, as they have no cost need to pay)

I know that in China they have a group is about BBP. If they discovered that, then I will not imagine how BBP is.

Yeah, I had to vent there, exactly.

Yes, good points on cheap Chinese mining.  I think we can address it another way, just a little different than ABNs:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=461.new#new

We will end up with PODC again (proof-of-distributed-computing), so we just have to address it in a novel way, during the rewrite of PODC 2.0.

But yes, we need to do that.

I don't want to promise a date yet, but I believe we are going to shoot for something like the end of November to have something working in prod.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 04:46:29 PM

Hello everyone,

I haven't really been active the last couple of months, but since yesterday I'm trying the external miner on the NOMP pool. Really nice work so far!
Rob, you mentioned the pool found a block somewhen today. How is the payment for the blocks working? Are they paid as soon as they have matured, or once per day, per week etc.?

Another, unrelated, question: I saw that the Sanctuary Payments are constantly dropping since last week (it's below 1k bbp, going as low as 680), although the number of Sancs has not really increased for weeks or months. How is that calculated?

Thanks on Nomp, Im still positive on having stratum -- but we still have some bugs to work out in the system.

As far as that block, I ended up erasing the database and the wallet this morning (I erased the wallet around 2hours ago), and decided to run bbp from QT on the server until we get all the bugs out (this lets me see any blocks that we solve).

All blocks solved up to this point were paid out of pool.biblepay.org, also (IE Nomp sent out what it knew about, but pool.biblepay also paid them). 
The way the payments are *supposed* to work, Nomp writes the blockhashes down in the database, and wait for them to mature.  After 120 blocks, it pays the recipients within 30 mins.  We have yet to see any sanity in the process, but once I see a few come in on QT Ill start tracking these babies.

The reason sanc payments have been dropping is our diff is rising - and our DGW algo causes heat/sanc rewards to drop as diff rises.
But that is changing soon, as we are about to remove QT:

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 04:51:29 PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks on Nomp, Im still positive on having stratum -- but we still have some bugs to work out in the system.

As far as that block, I ended up erasing the database and the wallet this morning (I erased the wallet around 2hours ago), and decided to run bbp from QT on the server until we get all the bugs out (this lets me see any blocks that we solve).

All blocks solved up to this point were paid out of pool.biblepay.org, also (IE Nomp sent out what it knew about, but pool.biblepay also paid them). 
The way the payments are *supposed* to work, Nomp writes the blockhashes down in the database, and wait for them to mature.  After 120 blocks, it pays the recipients within 30 mins.  We have yet to see any sanity in the process, but once I see a few come in on QT Ill start tracking these babies.

The reason sanc payments have been dropping is our diff is rising - and our DGW algo causes heat/sanc rewards to drop as diff rises.
But that is changing soon, as we are about to remove QT:

Ok, so now that I can "see" whats going on, I can now clearly see the nomp pools dedicated wallet solved one block a half hour ago, so lets track it.  This feels a little better since we have been at around .90 mh/s in nomp for the last 2 hours - so that may be correct.  Pool.biblepay.org solved 19 blocks in 24 hours at 5 mh/s.  So we will need to reconcile nomps solutions also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 05:03:03 PM

Yeah, I had to vent there, exactly.

Yes, good points on cheap Chinese mining.  I think we can address it another way, just a little different than ABNs:

We will end up with PODC again (proof-of-distributed-computing), so we just have to address it in a novel way, during the rewrite of PODC 2.0.

But yes, we need to do that.

I don't want to promise a date yet, but I believe we are going to shoot for something like the end of November to have something working in prod.

Sounds good! Looking forward to the return of PODC 2.0, hope to attract new investors and make BBP more valuable~
It also let we help relevant institutions to research results.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:08:26 PM

what is this?  Huh

{
  "Error!": "CreateGSCTransmission::Fail::Transaction amount too small",
  "Error!": "POG: CreateGSCTransmission::Fail::Transaction amount too small"
}

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 07:14:47 PM

what is this?  Huh

{
  "Error!": "CreateGSCTransmission::Fail::Transaction amount too small",
  "Error!": "POG: CreateGSCTransmission::Fail::Transaction amount too small"
}

Your coins are too new - please go to coin control, and see if the depth > 6.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Nipar

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:25:01 PM

NOMP pool pages are up, miners get : connection refused

15 minutes now

Update: all good now. expecting more ups and downs today Smiley

It's getting there now finally; looks like we did have a couple issues...

Oh bible! Oh pay! Oh biblepay! You made my delusion a lingering issue. Its kilometer-long roots stem from the time when I was little and lopped the all-seeing eye off the eye socket of a bamboozled idolator. I have brought my sense of self-pity to absurd level in fear of being separated from those I loved. And now I own up to the fact of being wrong in my assumption that biblepays purity can be preserved.

You seriously have mental issues....
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 08:07:49 PM

I was able to perform the analysis while CPK was required. After ABN is turned off, we won't know who mined blocks as well. I guess we will have to wait until PoDC 2.0 comes out:

Who are the miners in the BiblePay network?
https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-solo-pool-miners.html

orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 10:36:40 PM

Rob, I'm on NOMP pool almost from beggining, but I did'nt received any payment yet.
My worker was B4z5SQtK9hMFkDdAzpMuJXNcPyFhFBPPc1. I started as funded, with pool.biblepay worker, but after ABN shut down I mine standalone.
I put to the pool only few VPS, but It would be very bad luck to not have any share in solved blocks.
It would be good to see miner statistics (history), lik it's on other pools. I understand that this is beta and maybe this is the future future, but now I'm not able to see my results.
So I mine on pool for few days without any payment and I don't know why Smiley Sad
With actual diff it's not possible to mine solo for me, so I'm moving to pool.biblepay for now Smiley
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 10:55:12 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2019, 02:37:37 AM by sunk818

The way the payments are *supposed* to work, Nomp writes the blockhashes down in the database, and wait for them to mature.  After 120 blocks, it pays the recipients within 30 mins.  We have yet to see any sanity in the process, but once I see a few come in on QT Ill start tracking these babies.
Rob, I'm on NOMP pool almost from beggining, but I did'nt received any payment yet.
My worker was B4z5SQtK9hMFkDdAzpMuJXNcPyFhFBPPc1. I started as funded, with pool.biblepay worker, but after ABN shut down I mine standalone.
I put to the pool only few VPS, but It would be very bad luck to not have any share in solved blocks.
It would be good to see miner statistics (history), lik it's on other pools. I understand that this is beta and maybe this is the future future, but now I'm not able to see my results.
So I mine on pool for few days without any payment and I don't know why Smiley Sad
With actual diff it's not possible to mine solo for me, so I'm moving to pool.biblepay for now Smiley

I will stop solo mining soon. After ABN turned off, miner that was getting only 1 block a day, is getting over 21 blocks a day now and making difficulty super high. I think it is not good use of CPU to join pool.biblepay.org because external miner much more efficient. So, you'd be running only 70% efficient on pool.biblepay.org -- already, you can see pool.biblepay.org is already 3rd place from 1st place since yesterday: chainz bbp extraction

Will likely join NOMP pool and try my luck there.

togoshigekata

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 04:18:32 AM

I looked into starting my own country, its not easy, at all

I looked into getting another citizenship, if I was a descendant of a few countries it might be easier,
I could buy my way, but it costs a TON of money, so that was a dead end too

Cant wait for a big decentralized exchange (DEX), I like bisq but its pretty small still,
what are the top DEXs right now?

https://hackernoon.com/top-10-decentralized-crypto-exchanges-for-a-successful-proofofkeys-in-2019-478dc38cff7a
https://blockonomi.com/decentralized-exchanges/
https://coinsutra.com/best-decentralized-exchanges-dex/
https://coinfunda.com/best-decentralized-exchanges/
https://blog.lumiwallet.com/top-decentralized-exchange-dex/

John Mcafee launched a DEX but its only ethereum tokens right now
https://bitcoinist.com/john-mcafee-launches-non-custodial-dex-on-ethereum/
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 02:56:49 PM

Nomp hasnt started working until 10AM yesterday.  I believe the bug was fixed around noon yesterday, but now, it has solved 11 blocks in about 23 hours, at 2.89 mh.  So now it looks like its working correctly.  (I sent you an estimated earning for the first day from my account since I already erased nomps data up to 10 am yesterday).

But anyway, for the 11 we solved today, you should get your own piece as these 9 blocks confirm today- let me know if you get your appropriate hashpower reward.

As far as stats, I plan on exposing the stats at pool.biblepay.org for each address in a report so we can see the HPS by address per block number etc.  Im going to try to do this in a light optional way so even if we have more nomp pools a person can still check the history.  With nomp its possible to run a full blown mysql server, and you get the history, but Im not going to do that path now as I think we are only missing a couple things - payout ratios and block history.  I dont want to increase the reqs to run a biblepay pool to start to require dbas and all the other dependencies and support when the pool is doing 95% of what its supposed to now; I think we just need a few stats for the time being.  Then we can focus on PODC 2.0 and refine it more as we go.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 03:08:35 PM

Sun, you were asking about 'stratum requested a work restart'.  So I went through a certain amount of pain trying to reduce the chatiness and learned that in stratum its not as simple as just setting a poll setting and resetting the work restart request (as one would believe because of the interval passing).  There are many factors that influence the work restart:  rpc polling duration, merkle root changes (or tx list changes), someone mining the current rounds difficulty, stratum timeout between client-server, etc.

So basically what we have now when someone goes to run a pool, we have some pretty good defaults setup (they can be overridden in the config files).  The client polls for new blocks every 30 seconds, but it also finds new transactions when shares are submitted.  The biggest issue here is the bbpminer external miner has a default timeout (that I have not changed) of 120 seconds, and, if you dont talk to the server within 120 seconds, the client hangs up and starts a new stratum connection.  So the server must always send something to client within that amount of time.  (IE refresh the work).

So in our case, we send updates when either someone found a pobh solution for that diff, or, the 115 seconds is about to expire - then we send new work.

In the future I might increase the timeout on the client then we can increase the timeout on the server later, but it appears to be working relatively well now.
So this is why your client will sometimes hash longer (or shorter) and getting the 'request a work restart' message. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jsheets1970

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 03:21:58 PM

Sun, you were asking about 'stratum requested a work restart'.  So I went through a certain amount of pain trying to reduce the chatiness and learned that in stratum its not as simple as just setting a poll setting and resetting the work restart request (as one would believe because of the interval passing).  There are many factors that influence the work restart:  rpc polling duration, merkle root changes (or tx list changes), someone mining the current rounds difficulty, stratum timeout between client-server, etc.

So basically what we have now when someone goes to run a pool, we have some pretty good defaults setup (they can be overridden in the config files).  The client polls for new blocks every 30 seconds, but it also finds new transactions when shares are submitted.  The biggest issue here is the bbpminer external miner has a default timeout (that I have not changed) of 120 seconds, and, if you dont talk to the server within 120 seconds, the client hangs up and starts a new stratum connection.  So the server must always send something to client within that amount of time.  (IE refresh the work).

So in our case, we send updates when either someone found a pobh solution for that diff, or, the 115 seconds is about to expire - then we send new work.

In the future I might increase the timeout on the client then we can increase the timeout on the server later, but it appears to be working relatively well now.
So this is why your client will sometimes hash longer (or shorter) and getting the 'request a work restart' message. 

Nice work on this Rob. Stability seems to really be improving. Question for you on payments. I have 4 workers that have been running against the pool for a few days. What i have noticed is that when payments are made only 1 of 4 workers ever gets a payment eventhough they have all been submitting shares. Are you grouping payments by source ips as all of mine would be natted to the same source ip possibly? Just seems strange only 1 would get paid. Let me know. Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 [771] 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: