Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:31:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:40:49 PM

Well since the last available download of new wallet set off my Antivirus (AVAST) and the website that scans it (links posted below) said it was cleared.. i obviously have a problem downloading it when my AV says no and some guy on chat says yes..

Today I went to check.. and I try to download the new wallet and its not available.. page cannot be displayed when trying to download it.  I am sorry to say all this is too suspicious for me.. will try again in a few days till all lights go green.. anyone else might want to be careful as something strange with the download is going on.. again .. "trust no one"...

this is what that guy posted but my antivirus (even thought its in the scanned green list) still says its VIRUS. All these below say clean yet mine said no.. and not available now..you all might want to be a bit more careful.. and its not minerd.exe (miner flagged) but its a WALLET.. don't compare apples and oranges.. they are not the same.  I need a lot of proof to make an exception to a "false positive" and someone saying its good in a reply doesn't cut it.. Below is what that guy said was good .. but yet its no longer available..i dunno .. and to say again .. this is the FIRST wallet i have that has set off my antivirus when trying to download and now its not available.. those that gave it an exception may want to check themselves.  I believe my antivirus is still blocking the download.. that's why its unavailable to me.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ff2354c4e5d70316b41da067603c31401ca13da9b7f896ca75498fde0da56fad/analysis/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d888d727537b9f2892669f2aebe2adeb4a79270df32ad7f219ca6cf3d2c2c002/analysis/1378774436/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7b518168772362a570febf01e5b26abe4b361495cf089eb97e52dc6b94a3e067/analysis/1378774624/

I didn't claim anything, I gave you all the information you needed to make the decision yourself.  You can't scan the file since you are afraid to download it because of an erroneous suspicion from your antivirus.  But I did download it and used Virustotal to scan it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirusTotal).  Not only did all the major antiviruses not find anything malicious but your very own Avast found it to be safe as well.  Now stop this nonsense or we will have to assume you are a troll trying to tarnish MEC's image.

Listen this is really about adoption of a coin.  Now all you IT and self serving people can stop now.  Here is the real scenario.. the common, not IT people you want to adopt your coin will NOT because when they go to download it .. it will stop them as flagged by antivirus (many have avast).  Now most people do not have virus and IT experience therefore will not download your coin.  You need adoption for a coin to be successful.. so i bring up a problem with the coin.. i never once said coin was bad I said the wallet is flagged by antivirus.  well most common people without IT experience will not get your coin.. so you all say things like "more coins for me then" .. another wrong approach.. most of you have been into coins etc and understand false positives in antivirus.. but the majority of regular users do not.. are you saying that MEC is only good if you know how to bypass your antivirus.. cmon get your heads out of your ass.. this is a developer release issue and if you want your coin to be successful it needs to not be flagged, period.  Don't bother commenting again to me .. i wont read this any further.. you are most self serving and forget the big picture.. you want to  make money therefore you need to be popular.. and being AV flagged does not make this so.. so get behind your coin and fix the right issues instead of calling me a troll or saying I have shit antivirus.. deal with the real issues.. and it sure ain't me, its the improper release of a coin that has  been flagged as suspicious virus or malware.  How is this going to be popular to the masses?? It needs to be simple to use, easy to get, and safe and reliable.  End of discussion.

I really doubt anyone who doesn't understand the first thing about virus software could even setup a Crypto-coin miner to begin with. Most of us have been patient and tried to help you, and give you advice. But you refuse listen, and keep acting like a disruptive troll. If you are really this clueless, coin mining is not for you. The rest of us will be happy to mine your share of MEC. So please take your own advice, and end your childish discussion!

kriwest

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:53:56 PM

I really doubt anyone who doesn't understand the first thing about virus software could even setup a Crypto-coin miner to begin with.

While this is true, I also understand his concern (although a bit misplaced). For any crypto currency to become widely adopted, the people that can't explain the difference between a toaster and a computer are exactly the ones we need to develop for. User friendliness is key. It needs to be hands off, plug-and-play all the way.

At this point in time we're still early in the game. But IMO it must be the end goal. If your grandma can't use Megacoin, it's not done.
digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:57:27 PM

Difficulty is too high, I think it may take more than a day to reach the reward half.
I have also found MegaCoin VERY difficult to mine and have decided to simply purchase it out right on the market.   -  I tried to get some feedback on optimizing CGMINER for mining MegaCoin but got no HELP.  So, as I think the coin is a real contender among Alt-Coins,  I just bought some to further diversify my crypto-currency portfolio.  IMHO, some coins are worth mining to KEEP, some are worth mining to SELL, and some are just too difficult to mine and are easier to just buy on the market (NovaCoin, Anoncoin and MegaCoin all seem to be entering into this later category as their difficulties continue to rise).  - digeros
digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:58:33 PM

I really doubt anyone who doesn't understand the first thing about virus software could even setup a Crypto-coin miner to begin with.

While this is true, I also understand his concern (although a bit misplaced). For any crypto currency to become widely adopted, the people that can't explain the difference between a toaster and a computer are exactly the ones we need to develop for. User friendliness is key. It needs to be hands off, plug-and-play all the way.

At this point in time we're still early in the game. But IMO it must be the end goal. If your grandma can't use Megacoin, it's not done.

AGREE whole-HEARTEDLY
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:10:15 PM

what do you mean by "it's more difficult to mine"? All Scrypt Coins are mined pretty much the same way. Your amount of stales depends purely on the pool's latency/quality and your physical distance from it.

If you mean that it's more profitable to mine other coins: yes, that's almost always the case in the altcoin forum - once something is on coinchoose it will hardly be the most profitable coin to mine ever again. So of course you will get more megacoins if you mine the latest copycats, dump them as soon as they hit an exchange and buy megacoin from it. I like to do it that way - but this is hardly Megacoin's fault.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:10:44 PM

I totally love the thought process.

Avast can do no wrong.  It's impossible.  An end user downloads Avast, and downloads Megacoin.  OBVIOUSLY Megacoin is the problem.  Duh, it's that simple IT people, don't you get it!?  If Avast flags it, the universe has spoken and the wallet software is an obvious black hole.

Do you realize how many different antivirus programs there are out there?  How about I develop my own antivirus software that flags every file that it encounters as being suspicious.  You could then call out every known file to man as a being a problem, and claim that dev needs to go fix it.

False positives are duly noted, but never something I've considered critical, ever.  For all we know, Avast itself could release a new definitions file and the "issue" could completely disappear, all at no wasted expense of the dev.  Likewise, new updates and definitions files could show up at any time and flag the Bitcoin wallet as being a virus.  That is just the way things work, deal with it.

This has progressed from complete lack of common sense to complete and utter trolling.

Be gone troll, I again recommend that you do immediately trade your computer for a toaster.

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:16:25 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 07:46:50 PM by vtr99

Difficulty is too high, I think it may take more than a day to reach the reward half.
I have also found MegaCoin VERY difficult to mine and have decided to simply purchase it out right on the market.   -  I tried to get some feedback on optimizing CGMINER for mining MegaCoin but got no HELP.  So, as I think the coin is a real contender among Alt-Coins,  I just bought some to further diversify my crypto-currency portfolio.  IMHO, some coins are worth mining to KEEP, some are worth mining to SELL, and some are just too difficult to mine and are easier to just buy on the market (NovaCoin, Anoncoin and MegaCoin all seem to be entering into this later category as their difficulties continue to rise).  - digeros

Difficult to mine? How long have you been at this? Tried mining Bitcoin or Litecoin?

Megacoin is still a breeze to mine. Just give it another few months if you want to see difficult.  Roll Eyes

I don't recall you asking for help. Did you post your system specs? CGminer setup is specific to the graphics cards you are using.
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 07:21:54 PM

This Avast guy can't be serious at this point, right? We explain that Avast will flag any unknown .exe as "suspicious" and he responds with a mindless essay? His reading comprehension is the primary issue...and the secondary issue is Avast. I could understand how one could be initially confused...but not after all of this.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:22:22 PM

I know a few grandmas that would have a lot less trouble than this guy!
kriwest

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:34:42 PM

Possibly. But instead of putting him down, for the good of the MEC community, let's try to be civil shall we? Hate and bullying never helps. Either shut up and ignore, or try to ELI5 in a diplomatic way. Don't ask him to trade his computer for a toaster. If you care about MEC, don't make people hate the community and turn away from it.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:39:58 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 08:01:43 PM by vtr99

Possibly. But instead of putting him down, for the good of the MEC community, let's try to be civil shall we? Hate and bullying never helps. Either shut up and ignore, or try to ELI5 in a diplomatic way. Don't ask him to trade his computer for a toaster. If you care about MEC, don't make people hate the community and turn away from it.

Initially we all tried to help him. If anything we were too patient...  If he is going to act like an idiot, he will be treated like one!

I might add that most of us here are willing to bend over backwards to help anyone seriously interested in mining or investing in Megacoin. That said, The Avast guy was unwilling to listen, or take expert advice. All he has done is constantly whine, disrupt our thread, and blame Megacoin for his crappy anti-virus. If you want us to be civil, understand it doesn't work that way! It has been posted more than once, anyone who has something constructive to add can request changes or enhancements to the Megacoin client.
kriwest

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:49:37 PM

Fine. Personally I just prefer to ignore people if they don't listen to me. I've replied to him and explained, and even shown that I understand his concern (but that it's misplaced and he doesn't need to worry) - that's all I can do. If he still doesn't get it, I move on and don't bother anymore. I don't argue, that's a waste of my time and energy and never leads to anything good. So what's the point.
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:51:50 PM

The point is that he continues to troll Avast nonsense.

He needs to be asked to leave, whether you like it or not.  It has nothing to do with the good of the coin.
Mike18feb

Activity: 657

MΣC

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:06:35 PM

He needs to be asked to leave?!  Grin

Anyway, why are people ruining my chance for cheap MΣC? Every time I put out a buy order, others are upping theirs. Those are people that need to be asked to leave. Shoo! Shoo! Come back when I'm done.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:21:13 PM

Sorry, I'll stop 1-upping your bids.

he he...

Just kidding, it's not me.  I loaded up a few days ago.   Grin
TheDirtybird

Activity: 206

http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 08:37:39 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 06:15:51 AM by TheDirtybird

AGREE whole-HEARTEDLY

At least these 2 people on here get it.. the rest of you who commented are wrong.  And putting up meme's and calling me names and etc just makes your community look terrible and childish.. I actually think the MEC wallet was the coolest of the bunch as it actually looked different and I could tell what coin I was looking at.  It is unfortunate that it got flagged.. I will work that out myself.  But raising attention to the fact does not warrant name calling crap and telling me to leave.  Those people are the ones who will ruin it for everyone.  Pretend I'm your grandma and stop being jerks about the whole thing.  I bet the next comment is some child troll (probably a JR member of this forum) who again will just say all is well and we don't need you cause MEC is the best while they turn investors away with their selfish comments.  The rest of you came at me like a bunch of assholes.. instead of saying .. oh it happens blah blah.. you try to make me feel stupid.. insult me.. call me names.. you are all just children in a playground.  I had a legitimate issue and it was treated by the community like a joke.. I am so disappointed in your approach to a simple issue.. I wouldn't have gone on if not yet provoked by insolence.  I am disgusted.  If this is how you treat people in crypto you have a long way to go...and if i find time to come back and read this post and change my mind.. that's my prerogative and does not require more belligerent social commentary to deface me. Most of you make me sick with your comments (mostly propaganda to promote some coin they pretend to believe in to make them rich) and give crypto a bad name for these reasons.  You need a few lessons in social etiquette.  You were all of no help what so ever.  Ya i guess i got trolled.. hence why its not even worth it to post on here much any more.  Such a friendly and helpful community (sarcasm).
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:48:24 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 09:54:08 PM by sharknutzz

I thought you said that you were done responding.  Why are you still here?

Your continued Avast trolling makes the community look bad.  People have to read past your garbage to find information that is actually useful.

Here is the way I look at it.  MEC is here to stay, the community will grow because MEC has intrinsic value.  Your continued Avast trolling has no value.

Please do us all a favor and stick to your word.  There is no need for you to respond to this...

EDIT:  all is well and we don't need you cause MEC is the best.  If you want to take your 50 cents and invest it in something, try the stock market.  This is a crypto coin community.
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:30:30 PM

Thought you weren't going to read the replies? Wink

Listen, you raised your concerns and the community tried to tell you about false positives and even pointed you to a website where you could confirm these results.

Instead of saying "thanks guys, I learned something today, I will tell my friends!" you drop in the middle of the floor and throw a tantrum screaming "I AM NOT IN IT!!! FIX IT FIX IT" like 5 year old.

Yes kimoto IS trying to make the wallet client look simple and 'pretty' to noobs such as yourself who only put merit on the coin based around pretty colours (LOL). But you can't tell kimoto to fix this if he doesn't run the shitty AVAST servers with their shitty signature database (Perhaps you can jump on their forums and scream you are not in IT and to add the megacoin wallet to their trusted signatures so it doesn't scare you anymore).

Here's a hint: Investors actually do research before investing, not just looking at a wallet client and saying "This is pretty I will put all my money in this" like you yourself have admitted to doing.

Yes users may not be in IT and it may scare them, but they are human beings capable of learning and doing their own research to come to their own conclusion that this is safe.

good day.
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:39:12 PM

At least these 2 people on here get it.. the rest of you who commented are wrong.  And putting up meme's and calling me names and etc just makes your community look terrible and childish.. I actually think the MEC wallet was the coolest of the bunch as it actually looked different and I could tell what coin I was looking at.  It is unfortunate that it got flagged.. I will work that out myself.  But raising attention to the fact does not warrant name calling crap and telling me to leave.  Those people are the ones who will ruin it for everyone.  Pretend I'm your grandma and stop being jerks about the whole thing.  I bet the next comment is some child troll (probably a JR member of this forum) who again will just say all is well and we don't need you cause MEC is the best while they turn investors away with their selfish comments.
Grandma, this is way over your head.. yes..yes  i know the wallet is pretty.. no..there are other pros not just pretty..yes..yes i know you can see your coins no that's your anti-virus.. you can do a google search if you are unsure.. Grandma! GOOGLE..no..no that's yahoo. No.. just click the internet icon..Grandma no that's avast.. sigh.. here let me show you..
Grandma, why are you crying? Okay grandma..it's okay..here.. Here let me put your neopets up for you... that's it.. shhh don't cry.. you can have some megacoin when kimoto releases the wallet for children..

Smiley
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:54:10 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: