Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:07:29 PM

He has been silent for a while, we might get some news around block 84000, the end of the adoption phase, it would be a perfect timing !

But well, zerocoin must be though to implement. But that would really give us something against other coins !

Zerocoin is not going to be implemented, it is alpha. The block size it would require is retarded and there are other ideas like coinjoin that the code has already been written and tested with litecoin and does not bloat the block size.
Don't waste your time in here mate...
okie_freemen

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:14:02 PM

He has been silent for a while, we might get some news around block 84000, the end of the adoption phase, it would be a perfect timing !

But well, zerocoin must be though to implement. But that would really give us something against other coins !

Zerocoin is not going to be implemented, it is alpha. The block size it would require is retarded and there are other ideas like coinjoin that the code has already been written and tested with litecoin and does not bloat the block size.

It will all be better if we just go back to posting gifs!
http://img4.joyreactor.com/pics/post/sandbox-kim-jong-un-dancing-singing-620754.gif
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:16:37 PM

Quote from: vtr99

Some of us have given hints about what's coming, but there is no point in spilling the beans before it's time!

Why is it that "some of us" somehow know more than the rest of the community?  I've read every post on both forums and the "hints" do not reveal anything. It seems like there is some inner circle of people but they only post hype and innuendo. If people know something and want to hype the coin, just says what it is, only providing hype and no substance hurts the coin, makes it look like GLD forum.

I don't think we are ready to have a lot of interest in this coin. Please wait until the block reward drops to 25.  Wink

I agree, gees, someone posted using kimoto account 3 days ago to let us know they're still alive.
Take a look back at the post history, 3 days is almost an instant reply, there's been rumours of assassinations, plane crashes, all sorts in between posts.
It's part of the fun here; you should really choose another coin if you need the post frequency of say a nibble dev.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:19:46 PM

Is there any way to exchange Megacoin to BTC?

murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:25:02 PM

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/45

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:35:23 PM

That is a very positive way of viewing being down 50% from its high point Smiley

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:47:48 PM

I want and believe there is great potential for Megacoin to succeed. The main problem is the small amount of communication, it is hurting adoption by the community. Also, i think more people would like to contribute but we may feel uninvolved and do not know how because it seems development is secretive.
I have to agree. Also some of its supporters (bag holders?) are almost cult-like. It's amusing when it is a scifi coin like Offerings, but for megacoin it seems all too real, which is probably turning off a lot of people. Then you have all these animated gifs, which are not only tiresome but  reek of teenage tumblrshits. If you want your coin taken seriously, the community needs to clean up its image.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:53:00 PM

I want and believe there is great potential for Megacoin to succeed. The main problem is the small amount of communication, it is hurting adoption by the community. Also, i think more people would like to contribute but we may feel uninvolved and do not know how because it seems development is secretive.
I have to agree. Also some of its supporters (bag holders?) are almost cult-like. It's amusing when it is a scifi coin like Offerings, but for megacoin it seems all too real, which is probably turning off a lot of people. Then you have all these animated gifs, which are not only tiresome but  reek of teenage tumblrshits. If you want your coin taken seriously, the community needs to clean up its image.
Sssshhhh...Kimoto will spank you! With his cheerleader's heads!!
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:00:06 PM

That is a very positive way of viewing being down 50% from its high point Smiley
Every alt is down now with btc flying through resistance. If you look on cryptsy, there's not much resistance to .0001.

I have to agree. Also some of its supporters (bag holders?) are almost cult-like. It's amusing when it is a scifi coin like Offerings, but for megacoin it seems all too real, which is probably turning off a lot of people. Then you have all these animated gifs, which are not only tiresome but  reek of teenage tumblrshits. If you want your coin taken seriously, the community needs to clean up its image.

Ok, so how should one act?  Without humor? What would make a forum of a coin more becoming than what it is now? Should we fit a mold that is comfortable  and recognizable for you? Like a financial institution? I do not see anything wrong with the forum as such. Does levity distract from the message? Or is it something else entirely, which is perfectly fine, but you are unsure of what that something is? Personally, I take offense to the knock on the community. The guys/gals who post are smart, funny, and of course, hopeful that mec succeeds.  
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:45:21 PM

OK guys here is the image for the coin buy need to know what you would like the coin to be loaded with 100,500,1000

looks great!!

if it's a 100 MΣC coin then it would be worth the same as a hundred dollar bill once 1 MΣC = 1 USD, which will happen.

so I'm wondering, how is a physical coin going to work.. is it backed by the amount of MΣC in one particular account? if one of the physical coins gets destroyed, what would happen to the corresponding value in that account? and will there be a danger that a coin made now might be duplicated, counterfeited in the future?

thanks MobGod, great work! thanks everyone for all the megacoin projects going on!

really cool idea and love the design

litecoin have been working for a while on theirs
seeing as its a community, i bet if you fired goat a pm he would be really helpful in pointing you best way and cheapest way to get done and holograms etc
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262892.40

put me down for some or pm us who is interested when you're closer, thanks for taking incentive
your design looks wicked
pure silver would be nice, prob cheap that size and do a 50 or 100 coin? just an idea

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:00:00 AM

Well we keep trying to be serious, but every time we start making progress some douche bag shows up and makes a stupid comment. Some of us can't resist having a little fun.  Wink

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:02:59 AM

Yes, please don't... 
klee
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:04:46 AM

Well we keep trying to be serious, but every time we start making progress some douche bag shows up and makes a stupid comment. Some of us can't resist having a little fun.  Wink

Pull out of ur ass Kimoto dick and shit all the useless coins he has cumed into ur mouth! Thank me later bitch
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:15:01 AM

Pull out of ur ass Kimoto dick and shit all the useless coins he has cumed into ur mouth! Thank me later bitch

Glad to see you're sticking around.  Grin We knew you couldn't stay away!  Hope your having as much fun as I am!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I only have about $100 worth of MΣC, but hope to increase my stake when some loser sells out. Thanks for your concern.  Wink
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 12:52:37 AM

When you're on the winning side, sore losers are pretty entertaining. This is easily the most hate I've ever seen for a successful currency. People can't stand the fact that we're having a good time while things just keep getting better for Megacoin and worse for almost everything else.

4th highest average hash rate among Scrypt coins (and has remained there pretty consistently since the latest update) behind only LTC, FTC, and NVC. Sure, there was a recent price correction...but beyond a few spikes and one dip a while back (which I took full advantage of) it's about as stable as it gets in that department. During the altcoin war zone yesterday, which saw even high market cap currencies drop 25% or more in USD value (and even further vs BTC), Megacoin actually gained about 7% in USD value and even held pretty steady vs BTC, despite massive altcoin dumps and BTC buys throughout the day. I'll admit I even dumped about 20k MΣC...only because I wanted to make a small LTC play when it was at 0.012 and MΣC was holding steady. I'll be buying them all back and more, soon.

If envious people gave credit where credit is due, what excuse would they have for not having accomplished more in their life? They see every success of someone else as an indictment of their own inadequacy and are usually so busy beating themselves up that they don’t care to congratulate anyone else. In this case, they aren't even too late -- right now is still a great time to get involved in Megacoin; it's their own stubbornness that will result in the missed opportunity. The negative people in this thread no longer have anything left to go on...but they lack the ability to recognize the opportunity and would prefer to dedicate their energy to a negative purpose. It is easier to tear down than to build up...and the fact that we're having fun simply enrages them.

Is Megacoin a risk? Of course it is -- all altcoins are. At this stage, however, it represents the best risk/reward ratio out there, in my opinion. I was skeptical at one point too (I'm sure there are posts right here in this thread demonstrating that) but I did my due diligence and realized what a smart play it is. This is a fun group in here -- obviously it's easier to be positive and enjoy life when we're all in such a rosy situation, but I completely fail to understand the benefit of being an asshole for absolutely no reason.

Jealousy is a Stinky Cologne.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:37:16 AM

When you're on the winning side, sore losers are pretty entertaining. This is easily the most hate I've ever seen for a successful currency. People can't stand the fact that we're having a good time while things just keep getting better for Megacoin and worse for almost everything else.

4th highest average hash rate among Scrypt coins (and has remained there pretty consistently since the latest update) behind only LTC, FTC, and NVC. Sure, there was a recent price correction...but beyond a few spikes and one dip a while back (which I took full advantage of) it's about as stable as it gets in that department. During the altcoin war zone yesterday, which saw even high market cap currencies drop 25% or more in USD value (and even further vs BTC), Megacoin actually gained about 7% in USD value and even held pretty steady vs BTC, despite massive altcoin dumps and BTC buys throughout the day. I'll admit I even dumped about 20k MΣC...only because I wanted to make a small LTC play when it was at 0.012 and MΣC was holding steady. I'll be buying them all back and more, soon.

If envious people gave credit where credit is due, what excuse would they have for not having accomplished more in their life? They see every success of someone else as an indictment of their own inadequacy and are usually so busy beating themselves up that they don’t care to congratulate anyone else. In this case, they aren't even too late -- right now is still a great time to get involved in Megacoin; it's their own stubbornness that will result in the missed opportunity. The negative people in this thread no longer have anything left to go on...but they lack the ability to recognize the opportunity and would prefer to dedicate their energy to a negative purpose. It is easier to tear down than to build up...and the fact that we're having fun simply enrages them.

Is Megacoin a risk? Of course it is -- all altcoins are. At this stage, however, it represents the best risk/reward ratio out there, in my opinion. I was skeptical at one point too (I'm sure there are posts right here in this thread demonstrating that) but I did my due diligence and realized what a smart play it is. This is a fun group in here -- obviously it's easier to be positive and enjoy life when we're all in such a rosy situation, but I completely fail to understand the benefit of being an asshole for absolutely no reason.

Don't blame you for the Litecoin play. A few of my friends have been buying up Litecoin at these prices. As for MΣC, it doesn't take much of an investment right now to take a serious position. Anyone who can't see MΣC is a bargain at this point is either a complete fool, or just enjoys being a loser. If anything, the comments from the peanut gallery makes Megacoin's success that much sweeter. MΣC is currently at the bottom of a cycle, and we are rapidly approaching the next block reward reduction. There will also be good news coming on many fronts, so it doesn't take a genius to predict a big rally in the near future.  Grin
okie_freemen

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:03:36 AM

well at no point did i hate on Megacoin at all, i simply said i have a decent size investment in it and would like to contribute to the development effort, but I am discouraged by the little communication and team involvement by Kimoto.
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 02:32:55 AM

well at no point did i hate on Megacoin at all, i simply said i have a decent size investment in it and would like to contribute to the development effort, but I am discouraged by the little communication and team involvement by Kimoto.

Skepticism, concern, and research are typically healthy -- nothing wrong with that. My comments were more directed at Klee/etc.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:37:08 AM

If this is the way other communities behave, why would we want to be a any part of them?

On one hand you have the autistic replies and cold dead humour of the people coming into this forum who are not supporters and trying to throw rocks at eachother. On the other is this community you can see donating, joking, posting gifs, starting services, discussing next projects and you say 'cult-like' because you are jealous of not being involved in the community. "A few of you are closer to kimoto and know the secrets1!!11" jealous much?

You think kimoto is going to post a 12 month timeline now? In this thread? Litecoin only just tried to post theirs after 2 years in development.
You think he would want to with all these trolls coming in to knock down ANYTHING he posts? Only now are people starting to look at the gravity-well because Anoncoin agreed it is a step in the right direction.

You can PM kimoto and he will respond about megacoin. But I guess you didn't try that before whining in this forum did you?
You can PM ethought and he will repsond about megadice. But I guess you didn't try that before whining in this forum did you?

You can see the megacoin community isn't actively trying to bait anyone in here to buy coins and leave them with the bag, or give anyone the koolaid, yet you ensist of screaming 'cult!'

This is the unofficial forum of megacoin. Do you realize that?

There is a source on sourceforge.

There is no point discussing projects with megacoin open to this forum as it has shown to affect adoption and fuel hate down the line because someone told you it was a 'hurm' wallet stealer and you put off getting some coins now you come back screaming 'cult cult' 'they are having too much fun'

"SHUT ER DOWN"
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:38:43 AM

Didn't read this reply before posting.

+1 excellent post.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: