Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:01:58 PM

The plain truth is that moderation is a form of censorship. ie. you are still censoring what you deem inappropriate. There are certain things that should be censored (eg. Sexually explicit things, excessive gore), but what should never be censored is ideas. Unfortunately, the latter has been censored by the ideologically left by labelling it has hatespeech.
What about when someone is insulting other users or even is  threatening them?
Ignore/block button ofcourse, iam really sure they will provide it, no reason to not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:51:10 AM

The current Bonus is 45% now, till the end of the next week.

I felt they're giving too much bonus as it'll be harmful for the short term investors, we have seen lots of projects got cracked up because of this. I just hope they have some good back up for this.

On the other hand they need to secure funds to run the project, but that could also scare away investors in the final stages. Off course if the project is solid and will be successful this will not matter

A good strategy, especially if you want to be a holder of the token, is to accumulate during the initial sell-off after listing on an exchange.

True in most cases, but there's not always a sell off (think ICON), and than you can miss the boat. So I sometimes like to middle/DCA

Well, usually with this kind of bonus, there is a locking period so the prices are not dumped, I will enter an ICO that gives me a lot f bonus, and also to lock it, i don't mind waiting, but it appears that is not the case here, so lets hope the project is not dumped much, the price will rise eventually, but after how  much time?

Once people will see the benefit of this over Facebook. And more importantly: once there friends and family move to Sphere
They cant see a lot of benefits for now actually, i think its only decentralized so far.
I hope there will be more soon.

That's the problem of blockchain: it's not really tangible and/or sexy. But the benefits are there if you know what it entails, which right now, people don't

crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:22:18 AM

Ah, the important issue of censorship in a decentralised environment. Without any rules/culling/censoring, social media can turn ugly very quickly. Will Sphere have staff members that will remove offensive content? One thing is certain - if people see pictures/video posted on Sphere that disgust them, they will not want to use it.

Yes there should be people who would be able to delete etc. The problem is always, something saved on the blockchain will stay on the blockchain, even if it is not visible on the front-end.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:06:39 AM

Ah, the important issue of censorship in a decentralised environment. Without any rules/culling/censoring, social media can turn ugly very quickly. Will Sphere have staff members that will remove offensive content? One thing is certain - if people see pictures/video posted on Sphere that disgust them, they will not want to use it.

Yes there should be people who would be able to delete etc. The problem is always, something saved on the blockchain will stay on the blockchain, even if it is not visible on the front-end.

Imagine someone uploaded your unwanted pic and it stays there forever. You can report and take down contents in centralized platforms like youtube and facebook. Personal data in blockchain sounds like Skynet to me
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:21:17 AM

But you could also say: something saved in the internet stays in the internet. Nothing new so far besides the fact that i think its more difficult to recover deleted data from the blockchain.
timlaitoi

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:39:15 AM

This is potential project that has ability to replace Facebook and Twitter at least in aspect of massive crypto-advertising in social media.
Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:25:55 AM

Yes social network are now a part of the life of many people, big social network platform are everywhere now. I think that there is a place for a platform in the crypto world too, sphere has good chance to sucess I think, with the decentralization spirit people who like crypto will like sphere.
Indeed, I also think that is a good idea to launch a decentralizated social network platform. That increases the security of the users data.
You are right. I think people trust facebook and twitter too much. Nobody knows what they are doing with the data. The give it to the NSA,...

beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 07:28:39 AM

This is potential project that has ability to replace Facebook and Twitter at least in aspect of massive crypto-advertising in social media.

I don't know it can replace but it can get some of their share.

People don't need to quit other social media to use sphere. They can use all and use sphere also.

helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:31:20 AM

Yes social network are now a part of the life of many people, big social network platform are everywhere now. I think that there is a place for a platform in the crypto world too, sphere has good chance to sucess I think, with the decentralization spirit people who like crypto will like sphere.
Indeed, I also think that is a good idea to launch a decentralizated social network platform. That increases the security of the users data.
You are right. I think people trust facebook and twitter too much. Nobody knows what they are doing with the data. The give it to the NSA,...

Now and again there might be times where google/twitter/Facebook might put a small display of ‘resistance’ to government requests, but the truth is that they are almost like an arm of the government - or a part of it (deep state), and they don’t care about people’s privacy.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:34:30 AM

that is very unlikely to happen but Sphere can get his audience in this field and be successful

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:46:00 AM

that is very unlikely to happen but Sphere can get his audience in this field and be successful

you never know what's going to happen. but if sphere manages to get popular in the crypto space, that's a lot.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
nhanmt

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:22:09 AM

As a result of the fact, Sphere has high potential and competitive to fight against old denominators of
martinholly167

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:07:49 AM

you never know what's going to happen. but if sphere manages to get popular in the crypto space, that's a lot.
Its still not easy because there are also many social media projects here in crypto.
If they can be as popular as steemit, then that's pretty good.
wissy

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:12:24 AM

Imagine someone uploaded your unwanted pic and it stays there forever. You can report and take down contents in centralized platforms like youtube and facebook. Personal data in blockchain sounds like Skynet to me

Probably if blockchain will become even more widespread in the future, the most popular projects will the one that will be able to recover or delete some information from the blockchain.

crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:43:50 AM

But you could also say: something saved in the internet stays in the internet. Nothing new so far besides the fact that i think its more difficult to recover deleted data from the blockchain.

Smething in the internet stays mostely in the internet, that is true. But if it is fast enough you can prevent some bigger demage through getting something deleted. For Blockchain it is something different. Something saved on the blockchain will stay there for sure. I am not that good with all this technical things, but I assume That if you are good at programming you could always find this things on the blockchain.

But as far as I know the Sphere team already said that they will have moderation or something like that. It would maybe make sense to have everything uploaded to Sphere in a non blockchain for a short time to make sure that maybe unwanted stuff gets deleted before it gets saved on the blockchain.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:00:19 AM

Probably if blockchain will become even more widespread in the future, the most popular projects will the one that will be able to recover or delete some information from the blockchain.

That's an interesting thought. However, if they could do it they could also delete or change all the other information on the chain. They would be attackers of the network.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:06:10 AM

And removing blockchain information is another issue of concern probably
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:37:53 AM

And removing blockchain information is another issue of concern probably
If it happens, the whole blockchain technology will be compromized. The system is designed in the way so its faking is a very-very hard issue. The problem of 51% still exist, but no one proved it right or wrong so far.
Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

I agree but there is a fine line between censorship and snuffing out the lowlifes that live to ruin other peoples day. Moderation is a better term than censorship in these circumstances.
Such problem exists in all social networks, at places where going discourses about politics, religion, or history there always will be individuals who will try to hook up and provoke another by imposing their version of the truth.

yep happens everywhere. it's up to the moderation team to discuss and implement a cohesive policy.
Sure, there should be a kind of censorship in this network. However, the devs have to be cautious in terms of not being out of line in this stuff.
Sphere is certainly the kind of project that requires continuous work, in all stages of Ico and after it, Team seems to me aware of realizing a platform that covers the failures of today's networks, surely it is necessary to include ways to inhibit harmful behavior to other

Of course, censorship will have to be dealt with even in such a decentralized social network as the Sphere. Perhaps they could impose it on users. For example, a kind of dislike from the information, when a certain limit is reached, this information marked with dislike should be checked for compliance with the rules. Although this scheme also has drawbacks.
I also think that moderation is better than cersorship. I think censorship should only be in the most extreme cases.
Of course, but as for me, moderation is just a particular case of censorship in this case. Moreover, the latter can be done automatically, and for moderation we need people who will perform it.
You are right. I think we will need a system, where a content will be blocked, if 51 % of the users voted to block it. So you can avoid censorship from only a few privileged members.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:53:53 PM

They released yestarday Web App. Anyone tried this already? What inplession? This is a full version or beta only?

https://medium.com/@sphereofficial/website-version-of-sphere-app-available-bae380e548a9
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: