Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:05:02 PM

Astonishing social network of 200.000 users, wow!!
Certainly an initial estimate, after the success of Ico have all the space for an expansion, and with the profitability that will be provided by Sphere will certainly have an increasingly upward adherence.
Indeed this is really impressive number especially considering the early stage of this platform
That's a very good argument to attrack investors because shows that already is succesful social network.

Well, 200k sounds a lot and it's a good start but tbh. for a social network this number is almost nothing.

These 200k aren't users on their platform but people who signed up on their website. Platform users are a way less, I think they have a bit over 5,000 downloads.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:17:42 PM

This is not 200k users on their network. they have little less (on Google play at last). This is users which joined to their project.

So far we have a community of over 200,000 members that have joined our program which is expected to continue rising. Do not be left out.
Ok but it's still a lot. But we have to keep in mind that the most important thing for a social network is the userbase. I think it will be hard to get people off facebook.

multinova

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:19:31 PM

Certainly an initial estimate, after the success of Ico have all the space for an expansion, and with the profitability that will be provided by Sphere will certainly have an increasingly upward adherence.

IT the system keeps its promises and the people start talking about it, this number will increase very fast.
Fermin AK

Activity: 266

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:28:44 PM

Indeed this is really impressive number especially considering the early stage of this platform
That's a very good argument to attrack investors because shows that already is succesful social network.

Well, 200k sounds a lot and it's a good start but tbh. for a social network this number is almost nothing.

These 200k aren't users on their platform but people who signed up on their website. Platform users are a way less, I think they have a bit over 5,000 downloads.
Now I'm curious to know how many users there are. Is there any way to know the data?

weekofcrypto

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:34:30 PM

This is not 200k users on their network. they have little less (on Google play at last). This is users which joined to their project.

So far we have a community of over 200,000 members that have joined our program which is expected to continue rising. Do not be left out.

Either way, it's an impressive number for a platform still in ICO stage  Grin

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:39:58 PM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

Yes, it is one of the annoying parts of facebook.

You can't delete you account you can only freeze it. And even some people die, you just can't delete his page too.
I think in the Sphere is also impossible to delete the history. It will be written in stored in the chain. And about the profile deletion an interesting question.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:40:09 PM

Ok but it's still a lot. But we have to keep in mind that the most important thing for a social network is the userbase. I think it will be hard to get people off facebook.

actually it is not impossible to get the userbase out of facebook and into the sphere social. they only have to make the move out interesting for those people. advertising, giving out benefits and so on.

it is like fish catching, the bait is very important Smiley
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:41:45 PM

since facebook investing in blockchain huge amounts of cash, it will be a thought race

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:50:54 PM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

You can't delete you account you can only freeze it. And even some people die, you just can't delete his page too.
I think in the Sphere is also impossible to delete the history. It will be written in stored in the chain. And about the profile deletion an interesting question.
I agree that Facebook, despite its popularity, has many disadvantages - one of them, I don't like pop-up dialog boxes. Sphere can be good alternative.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:55:35 PM

ok, how much do they have then? could you tell us please Smiley? thanks

Look at Google play how much they have installs. ANd some installs on AppStore as well
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sphere.social
Fermin AK

Activity: 266

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:32:08 PM

ok, how much do they have then? could you tell us please Smiley? thanks

Look at Google play how much they have installs. ANd some installs on AppStore as well
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sphere.social
Thank you very much for the link. After thinking ther were over 200,000 members now this number looks very small.

hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:33:11 PM

I agree that Facebook, despite its popularity, has many disadvantages - one of them, I don't like pop-up dialog boxes. Sphere can be good alternative.
Well, i heard that if you put something on the internet, it will stay there.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:51:58 PM

You would not want the Facebook user base now anyway, there are greener pastures now. WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, Kik. Although a lot of those already belong to Facebook, so I guess the point is moot.

Sphere has to offer something special to attract a niche audience. Then expand if successful.

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:57:36 PM

Well, i heard that if you put something on the internet, it will stay there.
Theoretically this is possible, for each photo is assigned URL, and this photo will be evenly available, even if it was remove from profile while having this URL.
openair

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:17:44 PM

I think the number of apps download mean nothing at the moment, it think that this number will go high when sphere will gain in visibility. Its just the start of the project, have a huge community take some time.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:24:19 PM

I think the number of apps download mean nothing at the moment, it think that this number will go high when sphere will gain in visibility. Its just the start of the project, have a huge community take some time.

Yes, it probably will take some time. The whole project is still in development, it's normal that there aren't already millions of users.
hicaribou

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:28:57 PM

Yes, there are many people who just download the app but dont use it.
Active user will be the true indicator, we will see it after sphere is fully operational.
Altcoinrusher

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:01:12 PM

I hope that this social network will be more interested in the further fate of its tokens. Not like soma, which paid for listing its token on yobit, but does not even wonder why the trade do not work. I hope that Sphere will place its token not only on Etherdelta, but also on several exchanges, or at least on one?

Quote from their telegram channel regarding exchanges.

Sphere has already completed the necessary applications to get SAT listed on several key exchanges. We are in discussions with those exchanges now, and anticipate an immediate listing on at least one exchange once the coin is launched.

I hope they don't mean etherdelta with the 'immediate listing on at least one exchange'  Grin

Ideally Sphere should be already in exchanges for the fact that it has already a working viable platform. Smiley
hicaribou

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:03:29 PM

I hope that this social network will be more interested in the further fate of its tokens. Not like soma, which paid for listing its token on yobit, but does not even wonder why the trade do not work. I hope that Sphere will place its token not only on Etherdelta, but also on several exchanges, or at least on one?

Quote from their telegram channel regarding exchanges.

Sphere has already completed the necessary applications to get SAT listed on several key exchanges. We are in discussions with those exchanges now, and anticipate an immediate listing on at least one exchange once the coin is launched.

I hope they don't mean etherdelta with the 'immediate listing on at least one exchange'  Grin

Ideally Sphere should be already in exchanges for the fact that it has already a working viable platform. Smiley
Hoooo, so the tokens are already distributed and transferable?
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:37:57 PM

Yes, there are many people who just download the app but dont use it.
Active user will be the true indicator, we will see it after sphere is fully operational.
I'm sure that there are plenty of very active people engaged in this project and this is only a beta version of this platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: