Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

Yes, it is one of the annoying parts of facebook.

You can't delete you account you can only freeze it. And even some people die, you just can't delete his page too.
I think in the Sphere is also impossible to delete the history. It will be written in stored in the chain. And about the profile deletion an interesting question.
I agree that Facebook, despite its popularity, has many disadvantages - one of them, I don't like pop-up dialog boxes. Sphere can be good alternative.
Well, i heard that if you put something on the internet, it will stay there.

It sure is with facebook, anything you post there is stored forever and sold to many many companies.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:01:30 AM

Its a decentralized social networking so it might run on a smart contract or, it would be best if they can run it on their own blockchain if they are planning to develop it.

that would be best considering how clogged the Ethereum network gets with kitties.

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:05:27 AM

Its a decentralized social networking so it might run on a smart contract or, it would be best if they can run it on their own blockchain if they are planning to develop it.

that would be best considering how clogged the Ethereum network gets with kitties.

Agreed, you can not rely on other networks as everything in blockchain is still in a very experimental phase

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:29:48 AM

Agreed, you can not rely on other networks as everything in blockchain is still in a very experimental phase

They are constantly trying to improve ethereum blockchain but also there is more and more project using it heavily. It is a race currently and hoping ethereum network will win but if not, there is more blockchains letting smart contract so won't be a problem for the sphere.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:34:05 AM

A Decentralized Social Networking and sold stored thats great stuff Smiley
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:48:36 AM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

You can't delete you account you can only freeze it. And even some people die, you just can't delete his page too.
I think in the Sphere is also impossible to delete the history. It will be written in stored in the chain. And about the profile deletion an interesting question.
I agree that Facebook, despite its popularity, has many disadvantages - one of them, I don't like pop-up dialog boxes. Sphere can be good alternative.

It sure is with facebook, anything you post there is stored forever and sold to many many companies.

I dont know if its still like that, but also your pictures. Somebody could buy it and use it to advertise anything
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:09:10 AM

Decentralized adverting on the blockchain on Sphere? Ok why not  Smiley
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:28:17 AM

I dont know if its still like that, but also your pictures. Somebody could buy it and use it to advertise anything

So if you post a picture on facebook it becomes their property. My god I did not know that  Huh

cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:31:07 AM

They are constantly trying to improve ethereum blockchain but also there is more and more project using it heavily. It is a race currently and hoping ethereum network will win but if not, there is more blockchains letting smart contract so won't be a problem for the sphere.

There are just too many new tokens weekly and this is clogging the network heavily. I dont think they planned it to be so wildly used so i my opinion they are doing good considering the circumstances.

nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:42:50 AM

I get that this kind of social network is more secure and all, but can I ask what your token will be used for? It's just a social feature or there's more about that?

In the website says: These Social Activity Tokens are used throughout the system to facilitate transactions within the decentralized social network.

But there is no detail

That's what I don't get, transactions for what? Tips and things like those? Because there's already a crypto for social networks, it's SEND

I hope this explanation will help kraterion:

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Sphere don't pay dividends. It's never been in their whitepaper but mistakenly was on their website. Now it has been replaced with "rewards". 

Mistakenly on their website? How can you make a mistake like that? Anyways, thank you for clearing this up. I think other ICO sites also posted about the dividend, because I remember I read it a couple of times. Hopefully Sphere can contact them to adjust the info

Sometimes wrong moves happen, you need to response it and solve the problem as soon as possible. No one is perfect for sure, even the large company fall sometimes.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:55:26 AM

It's not even that. At the request of the police or the court and other agencies Facebook provides data about the user. And gives access to his account. I hope sphere it will be impossible to do. And this is a major plus!
Is that true? Facebook did it? Damn, that is very unprofessional. Users should be the priority in any cases. I wish sphere won't follow facebook in this regards.

I dont think they can reject a warrant form police to seize some information's from their servers about their users. I would say this is pretty common now since a huge amount of private information's can be found online.

kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:59:46 AM

How the marketplace will work, it will be a thing like SOMA where you get rewards with tokens to push your friends' goods?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:01:52 AM

So if you post a picture on facebook it becomes their property. My god I did not know that  Huh

If its still so, when nyou register you have to agree to that wall of crap nobody ever read.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:08:06 AM

They can make partnerships with decentralized advertising platforms. Like adbank.

So if you post a picture on facebook it becomes their property. My god I did not know that  Huh

If its still so, when nyou register you have to agree to that wall of crap nobody ever read.

Actually more i think about this project i realize it can be huge. But it needs to be executed perfectly. I have utmost trust to sphere team to do so.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:11:27 AM

They can make partnerships with decentralized advertising platforms. Like adbank.

I never heard of Adbank before. What are they doing and how can it be a good partnership for Sphere?
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:20:31 AM

Actually more i think about this project i realize it can be huge. But it needs to be executed perfectly. I have utmost trust to sphere team to do so.

Wasn't also BAT aiming to the ad market? I strongly here btw, in the present and especially in the future, these projects need to collaborate with each other in order to create a strong crypto ecosystem

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:45:22 AM

How the marketplace will work, it will be a thing like SOMA where you get rewards with tokens to push your friends' goods?

I don't think you need to push something here. It will probably be a classic marketplace where you can just buy and sell stuff, within one social network, so you don't need to waste time on registering and selling it somewhere else. You'll be able to pay for it with Sphere token, I'm not sure however if you'll get any additional rewards on marketplace.

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:56:07 AM

There are just too many new tokens weekly and this is clogging the network heavily. I dont think they planned it to be so wildly used so i my opinion they are doing good considering the circumstances.
I think it's not a problem. The network has developed and improved!
The admins answer the question about the possibility of removal of their information from the network. It will be possible or not?

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:07:03 AM

Yes, there are a lot of new tokens generated recently and under the recent Kitties hype, we saw that the Ethereum blockchain has its problems. But I am still a huge fan of it and Vitalik set the whole scaling problem as the main priority. Maybe they can come up with Sharding in 2018 to further improve the Ethereum blockchain.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:33:17 AM

Yes, there are a lot of new tokens generated recently and under the recent Kitties hype, we saw that the Ethereum blockchain has its problems. But I am still a huge fan of it and Vitalik set the whole scaling problem as the main priority. Maybe they can come up with Sharding in 2018 to further improve the Ethereum blockchain.

Afaik, vitalik wants to bring out sharding as soon as possible to enlighten the etherereum blockchain again. Really, noone had expected something like those kitties killing the network Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: