Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:46:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitfury ASIC sales in EU and Europe  (Read 250419 times)
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:40:18 PM

The only problem with the corsairs is the damn intermittent buzzing they have. Have a 1200ax and 1200axi and both do it, so annoying.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:53:50 PM

The only problem with the corsairs is the damn intermittent buzzing they have. Have a 1200ax and 1200axi and both do it, so annoying.

I have an AX1200i, an 860i and 2-860's and have never noticed any buzzing over the sound of the PC fans.  I can't rave about them enough.  And no, I'm not on the payroll, lol.  But when I find something that meets my standards, I'm a repeat customer.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:35:23 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 12:25:32 AM by klondike_bar

Lol, for me the fun is getting a brand-spankin' new PSU!  We are obviously of different mindsets... I'm the shopper and you're the tinkerer.  And I'm happy hashing away at stock speeds and you'll probably break out the HB pencil the minute you open the box.   Cheesy

I am tempted, although I'm a bit nervous of that particular trick. Seems to be working well for the others though. You've got me looking at new PSUs now - see I do like shiny new things too Cheesy.

100% worth it. if you dont have a multimeter, buy one for 10-15$ and modify from 1.3k(ohm) to 1.2k(ohm) to start. You will get an instant ~20% gain in hashrate when you plug back in and power up. I am running 1.18k roughly for ~32.3Ghash average poolside, but am having slight stability issues that seems to disable one chip so only 15 run. Im working to resolve that (not sure if its software, hardware, or pencil-mod (DC converter limitation) related) so i can get all 16 chips running which would be a stable 34-35ghash

EDIT: worth noting that a recent settings change to use only 2 workers (at bitminter), and "stop miner" start miner" all via the webgui has changed my 30.5-33Ghash spread to a steady 34-35Ghash at the pool. Would one be better?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:40:10 AM

I have an AX1200i, an 860i and 2-860's and have never noticed any buzzing over the sound of the PC fans.  I can't rave about them enough.  And no, I'm not on the payroll, lol.  But when I find something that meets my standards, I'm a repeat customer.

Its just coil whine and is annoying to listen to as its next to my desk.  Notice I still run the PSUs, very solid power regardless.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 12:26:29 PM

I would like someone to write up a guide of backing up everything on the sd-card to a usb stick. I would do this myself if I knew how to, but sadly my linux skills are in the ballpark of none-existent.
Some points I'd like to see:

1. I would prefer if it did not require installing any additional programs.
2. The usb stick needs to be made bootable.
3. The guide should include info on how to modify the boot order between the SD card and USB-stick.

Hopefully someone is up to the task, Im sure this would come in handy for many users over time.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:39:55 PM

I would like someone to write up a guide of backing up everything on the sd-card to a usb stick. I would do this myself if I knew how to, but sadly my linux skills are in the ballpark of none-existent.

3. The guide should include info on how to modify the boot order between the SD card and USB-stick.

Hopefully someone is up to the task, Im sure this would come in handy for many users over time.

You'll probably better of just making a duplicate of your sd card.
What would you like to do with the usb stick ?
You can't boot the raspberry with it.
Boot your PC maybe, then what ?

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 12:43:19 PM

All those questions are discussed in many raspberry forums ...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=136912
http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup

you will find many scripts there which do just what you are looking for ...

:-)

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
Isokivi

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 12:48:12 PM

Oh I didnt realise the Pi can't be booted off a usb stick.
.. but still, how would I copy Sd to Sd with the Pi... I guess this involves the use of another computer and a virtual machine for those not running linux ?

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
pitkaran

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

dd if=/dev/sd?? of=/backup.img

Then copy the image to a usb stick, there is your backup  Grin

Or in windows google "dd for windows"

To copy the backup to an sd card, reverse the if and of (input file, output file)

(edit: to locate where your SD-card is mounted, use "df")
BenTuras

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:15:20 PM

.. but still, how would I copy Sd to Sd with the Pi... I guess this involves the use of another computer and a virtual machine for those not running linux ?
Yes, you need a laptop/desktop capable of reading the sd card and a usb port for your stick.
There are many ways to do this, an easy one will be to make an image copy of your sd to your local hard drive and then copy that image to your usb stick.
The suggested dd program can do this very easy on any *IX operating system.
For Windows there are also many programs available.

If I would have to use a PC running Windows, I would create a bootable Ubuntu live CD, boot it and then use dd to make an image file of the sd card on the hard disk. I would then backup this image file to the usb stick.

But to be honest, this all seems a lot of hassle to create a backup of a sd card of which the content can easily be downloaded. Unless you made many modifications on your bitfury sd card?

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:17:55 PM

there are several windows programs that can create .img files of drives or devices, and then later load the iomages to a different device or sd card. I did that with my most recent setting so that if the sd card needs repair it is much simpler then the last 2 times (no monitor/KB for the raspberry, so i had a vmware ubuntu on my laptop to sudo modify the card - PITA)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Spathi

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:45:52 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 10:32:20 AM by Spathi

Hey Punin,

Have you guys managed to get through your email backlog?

I haven't got a reply to an email from last week (18th sept) about an order payment problem.
I did private message you on here as I knew it might have taken some time to get through the email backlog but I guess you might have missed the pm.

Thanks for any help.

All sorted.

Congratulations on the incorporation.
punin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:30:40 PM

Update:

We've finally incorporated, so we're now officially know as BFSB Finland Ltd. Our VAT ID is FI25707336.

Bank details have changed also:

Account holder:BFSB Finland Oy
Address:Pedersåntie 215, 25700 Kimito, Finland
IBAN:FI64 1638 3000 0110 33
BIC/SWIFT:NDEAFIHH
Bank Name:Nordea Bank Finland
Bank Address:Aleksanterinkatu 36, 00020 NORDEA, Finland

Shipping schedule:
We've been working our asses off this week to deliver on the promise of shipping first october orders this week. It was a bit of a stretch (because of the capacitor issue, see below), but we managed to ship the first few orders today. We will proceed to ship more next week. 

Please don't send e-mails asking when your order will ship. We are a small team and this just distracts us and creates extra work and thus DELAYS shipping.

Hardware:
We have encountered overheating issues with the capacitors placed in 4 groups of 8 between the chips on H-cards. This shouldn't affect any orders shipped in august. We have not had any serious issues apart that the caps run extremely hot (up to 250°C). This is clearly a malfunction and we're not sure what is causing this. There shouldn't be a risk of fire as these are ceramic capacitors, but we decided to try removing them. (They boards seem to actually work better without these caps Smiley

We've processed about 160 cards ourselves (this is the cause of not shipping earlier), and rest will be taken to a company that will remove the caps (3.50€ a card, OUCH!). Future boards will not have these caps.

H-card availability
As some of you have noticed, we closed the october sales. We did this so that we would be able to deliver everything as promised. We will however reopen H-card sales, after we're done shipping so you can top-up your empty slots. They will be available for immediate delivery.

Software:
Chainminer has been updated. You can update by SSH into your pi, then
Code:
cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
git pull
make clean
make

Then go onto web interface and stop-start your miner. We've had good results with this version even with autotuning on.

We encourage you to create a backup of your SD for easy fall back (it's a good idea to have one handy anyway, as SD cards are known to fail unexpectedly). You can of course recover old version also using git checkout.

We've been tuning bitfury fork of BFGMiner, and it seems to be working nicely. Mineforeman kindly offered to make us a test version of Minepeon with this, so hopefully sooner than later you will have a choice to run your miner on either platform.

Refund policy:
We have received some refunds and I want to clarify our refund policy. Refund in BTC is done using blockchain.info and using the price that it gives when refund is processed (I enter euro sum, and in shows number of BTC). Refund using bank transfer is also possible, but please understand it takes more time to process.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Isokivi

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 03:07:30 PM

punin could you please post a download link to the current ssd-image you are using ?

Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:14:59 PM

We have encountered overheating issues with the capacitors placed in 4 groups of 8 between the chips on H-cards. This shouldn't affect any orders shipped in august. We have not had any serious issues apart that the caps run extremely hot (up to 250°C). This is clearly a malfunction and we're not sure what is causing this. There shouldn't be a risk of fire as these are ceramic capacitors, but we decided to try removing them. (They boards seem to actually work better without these caps Smiley

And someone said that you can't have to much overkill... Oh, well...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:18:58 PM

Congrats!!

So, for US customers...  

You appear to be saying that you ship to the world, and if we order from BFSB for delivery to the USA, you'll actually get boards to us sooner than if we ordered through MagaBig ??

Confirm that, and I'll be ordering more than a few for US delivery....
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:25:51 PM

We've finally incorporated, so we're now officially know as BFSB Finland Ltd. Our VAT ID is FI25707336.

Congratulations on this and thank you for keeping to be the best bet in this race  Smiley
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:30:09 PM

Congratulations guys, continuing to show other manufacturers how it should be done I see Grin!

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:49:57 PM

Congrats!!

So, for US customers...  

You appear to be saying that you ship to the world, and if we order from BFSB for delivery to the USA, you'll actually get boards to us sooner than if we ordered through MagaBig ??

Confirm that, and I'll be ordering more than a few for US delivery....

+1

BenTuras

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:04:29 PM

We've finally incorporated, so we're now officially know as BFSB Finland Ltd.
Congrats! I bet you are a very proud man to achieve this and being so successful from day one.

We've been working our asses off this week to deliver on the promise of shipping first october orders this week.
You and your team will get a well deserved vacation soon.

Please don't send e-mails asking when your order will ship. We are a small team and this just distracts us and creates extra work and thus DELAYS shipping.
Just one silly question about this: are the orders being updated on our account page like you did for the August orders ?

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: