Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:07:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:47:30 AM

Weekly, reliable updates are not too much to ask for.

What non bitcoin corporation gives weekly updates?

The initial majority of the investors usually have board meetings and get updates there, these can be as frequent as on a monthly basis or longer. If its a real public IPO like Facebook the shareholders have no expectation of a weekly update. I see no need for a weekly update, monthly would be nice, I do expect a quarterly update though.

Things are alot different in bitcoin world, the more updates the better especially with these IPO's which rely on pure faith from their shareholders. :p.  

That's exactly right. Show me a bitcoin IPO that give quarterly updates and I'll show you a failed IPO.

ASICminer give far fewer updates and they are far further in between than ActiveMining have so far and they were wildly successful. A little patience can go a long way. That being said, I wouldnt mind an update - but I can wait another few days for that to happen.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:43:59 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 10:00:30 AM by ffssixtynine

My patience is really running low. They said we would get pictures of the prototype hashing weeks ago. Why have we not gotten a look at what we're funding?

I'm going to repeat what I'd said before. If you're feeling the pressure in a long term investment such as this then you're over invested. Sell your shares because you don't have the trust required. You are allowed to do that! Ken's focus is on the long term future, not the short term trade price.

ActieMining is a long termer. There are two key things we're all waiting on:

Avalon chips - no one knows the situation beyond what Avalon themselves have posted.

eASIC - as has already been stated, they can't say more until the deal is signed. It sounds like they're busy converting the money to pay for the NRE. Hopefully we can have an update at least on this conversion this week.

There is the new mining hardware which I expect an update on this week, but for short term dividends you probably want AsicMiner not ActiveMining. There was also the PR post asking for board members last week. Once that is put together it'll hopefully be easier to ask questions/get answers.

Summing up - you invested in a (mostly, in terms of importance) hardware company where the hardware needs eASIC. When that is announced, it may still be many weeks before we get much more of an update since details may be considered under NDA (I don't know but this is normal, and this is a very competitive business).

I'm not saying we shouldn't get weekly updates, and actually there have been regular comms recently. This thread buries then - find the ActiveMining-pr posts and Ken's posts.

Some people express concern after almost no time at all though. One poster expressed concern a mere 3 days after an update that said nothing more could be said for 2 weeks!
deizel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:52:16 AM

More updates please Wink
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 10:45:26 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 11:08:12 AM by zumzero

ActM-PR and Ken alike are probably as keen to post news as much as we are to hear it.  Be patient.  Smiley

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:46:06 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 12:39:35 PM by Stuartuk

EDIT: this is parody, not to be taken seriously.

Funnily enough here's some pretty exciting news that I've just received over the wires. Not really supposed to release this but as this is so good I just had to:

THIS Friday ACtM will take delivery of the first Fast Turnaround eASIC Nextreme-2 prototype chip at there Springfield Unit. This is 2weeks earlier than expected!
here is a link to the chip description http://www.easic.com/Spatr7ve/website-wp1/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/eASIC-Nextreme-2-Product-Brief.pdf

Ken is planning to glue the chip onto a mock-up Klondike-16 board over the weekend and do some preliminary voltage checks on drawdown and 'hashing-mash frequency' with his voltage meter.
MONDAY morning Ken is having a small team of engineers come over to assist with the preparation for FULL BATCH glueing.
TUESDAY next week Full prep of all surfaces and floors at ACtM Unit in readiness for delivery of 400 eSAIC hashmash 'glue ready' TM chips. Klondike-16 boards arrive mid to late afternoon.
WED Chips are due to be delivered to Springfield!
THURS Ken collects chips from DHL depot as he wont be in on WED.
FRIDAY ASIC chips will be unpacked and voltage checked for paritry before FULL PRODUCTION of gluing to boards begins.

Expected timeline following that is 2weeks MAX! Ken and the engineers have ordered special 'glue guns' from 'Tim's Springfield Hardware Store'  so the process should be quite rapid!

More news to follow from PR.

EDIT: this is parody, not to be taken seriously.

lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:02:20 PM

Which wire would that be? The one where you are talking to Ken while he's asleep at 6 am?
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:02:46 PM

Funnily enough here's some pretty exciting news that I've just received over the wires. Not really supposed to release this but as this is so good I just had to:

THIS Friday ACtM will take delivery of the first Fast Turnaround eASIC Nextreme-2 prototype chip at there Springfield Unit. This is 2weeks earlier than expected!
here is a link to the chip description http://www.easic.com/Spatr7ve/website-wp1/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/eASIC-Nextreme-2-Product-Brief.pdf

Ken is planning to glue the chip onto a mock-up Klondike-16 board over the weekend and do some preliminary voltage checks on drawdown and 'hashing-mash frequency' with his voltage meter.
MONDAY morning Ken is having a small team of engineers come over to assist with the preparation for FULL BATCH glueing.
TUESDAY next week Full prep of all surfaces and floors at ACtM Unit in readiness for delivery of 400 eSAIC hashmash 'glue ready' TM chips. Klondike-16 boards arrive mid to late afternoon.
FRIDAY ASIC chips will be unpacked and voltage checked for paritry before FULL PRODUCTION of gluing to boards begins.

Expected timeline following that is 2weeks MAX! Ken and the engineers have ordered special 'glue guns' from 'Tim's Springfield Hardware Store'  so the process should be quite rapid!

Good to know a little bit more about the planning.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:04:06 PM

Expected timeline following that is 2weeks MAX! Ken and the engineers have ordered special 'glue guns' from 'Tim's Springfield Hardware Store'  so the process should be quite rapid!

That's FAKE ofc... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

From eAsic's latest PR, I'm pretty sure the 28nm chips will be called Nextreme-3! Great imagination otherwise, but let's leave stuff like this on the speculation thread please.
Plazma

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:05:21 PM

I thought Klondike boards can be used only for Avalon chips, otherwise why aren't they getting used for BFL chips too?

BTC: 1A1Mwjfw2mTko4N2UuVQ3RK4hXJunsPA3j
XMP: AcT3PK4wofjCMt6irN4HXENUqPvoBJRWk3
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:06:45 PM

Expected timeline following that is 2weeks MAX! Ken and the engineers have ordered special 'glue guns' from 'Tim's Springfield Hardware Store'  so the process should be quite rapid!

Good to know a little bit more about the planning.

is that true??if it is true, that actm will hit 0.008 again

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:09:24 PM

I lol'd. Im pretty sure this is a joke, to parody all the people clamouring for up to the second updates.
Timing 8/10
Content 7/10
Intent 8/10

overall, not too bad

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:09:46 PM

Seriously, guys.. Roll Eyes

ActiveMining-PR

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:10:00 PM

This is clearly fake, Stuartuk is not affiliated with ActiveMining and his account was probably hacked.
ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:14:23 PM

At least he didnt call anyone names, which I feel is a step in the right direction for this thread.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:15:16 PM

he was obviously playing around when he said "special glue guns from tims hardware store"
You can't really say that a joke is "fake"  ..  Tongue

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:16:18 PM

At least he didnt call anyone names, which I feel is a step in the right direction for this thread.

asshole

ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:19:27 PM

asshole

Cry

deizel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:25:38 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 10:24:48 AM by deizel

Ken and the engineers have ordered special 'glue guns' from 'Tim's Springfield Hardware Store' so the process should be quite rapid!

Someone bought 12k shares on BTCT shortly after that post Wink

Edit: http://codepen.io/anon/full/JHlfL
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:26:30 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 12:37:47 PM by Stuartuk

This is clearly fake, Stuartuk is not affiliated with ActiveMining and his account was probably hacked.

EDIT - IT was a joke, apologies for any offence.

lol I thought most of the regulars would have spotted that a mile away especially after reading the complaining posts before. The 'Hardware Store' line was for the really slow ones. Apologies to PR, in the UK were are used to irony which clearly doesn't translate well sometimes.

Congrats to VE and AW.  Undecided
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:37:04 PM

The only reason I knew it was a joke is because I know for a fact that Ken is planning on using Scotch tape, not glue! 

Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: