Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:17:42 PM

Just come online today to see the Avalon stuff. Lawsuit would be madness, as I posted on the Avalon thread some days ago. Get the refund asap if it's on offer.

As for what to do - re-invest or dividend minus the costs incurred? Any other options?

Thoughts?

What about a 50/50 split on reinvestment and issuing of dividend from any available refund?  The shareholders need to be taken care of in some fashion surrounding this Avalon flub.

Thoughts?

The real value is in the long term proposition - not in short term dividends. Reinvestment will be worth more to everyone involved.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:34:19 PM

Labcoin just posted pictures of chips not too long ago and everyone lost their mind.
Or... you can just call it the appropriate shift in valuation that was long coming.
Labcoin will be mining with their chips in less than 2 weeks, while ActM lives off the promise off 28nm chips that will most likey not be hashing any earlier than december. I tip my hat to anyone with so much patience, but if you want to see success soon, you'll go with LC.

Where you tip your hat to patience, I'll give a nod to shortsightedness. This is a two-way street.
My estimations are exactly not shortsighted.
Of course they might be wrong though. We'll see who is right by the end of the year.

I just hope you're prepared for a lot of time in which nothing at all will happen with ActM.
Just months of sitting around on your shares, waiting.

That's is the game right now, worth the wait in my opinion if ActM does come out on top. On the other hand I have Shares of ASICMiner, IceDrill, Lab Rat Mining as well incase things don't work out.

Diversification is always a good thing.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:44:28 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 04:15:13 PM by iCEBREAKER

That's is the game right now, worth the wait in my opinion if ActM does come out on top. On the other hand I have Shares of ASICMiner, IceDrill, Lab Rat Mining as well incase things don't work out.

Don't forget CryptX, the Cointerra (28nm full custom) powered flavor of the day!

Agree with you about using the refund for more wafers/contingency stash.  

Ken can only sue Steamboat, but a Letter of Demand might help move our claim along.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:53:41 PM

Just for a point of clarity - Presumably although the AVALON investment was made personally by Ken prior to the IPO, the investment was rolled into the IPO offering. I'm making this assumption because the chips are listed in the IPO and were to hash for the company, so presumably the investment was owned by the company?

It seems like a no brainer but it might be worth clarifying - I ask because having those same funds available to push the company forward would be extremely valuable.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:53:51 PM

Labcoin just posted pictures of chips not too long ago and everyone lost their mind.
Or... you can just call it the appropriate shift in valuation that was long coming.
Labcoin will be mining with their chips in less than 2 weeks, while ActM lives off the promise off 28nm chips that will most likey not be hashing any earlier than december. I tip my hat to anyone with so much patience, but if you want to see success soon, you'll go with LC.

Those chips will be generating dust as soon as the big 28nm players come to the market.  Don't get me wrong, people are entitled to jump on quick money, but I'm in ActM for the long haul.

Do you think ActM's share price is going to increase significantly in the next 2 weeks? Labcoin's will. If you sold your ActM shares now, bought Labcoin shares, sold them 2 weeks from now, then bought ActM shares, you'd end up with at least 2x as many ActM shares.

kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:08:30 PM

Those chips will be generating dust as soon as the big 28nm players come to the market.  Don't get me wrong, people are entitled to jump on quick money, but I'm in ActM for the long haul.

Do you think ActM's share price is going to increase significantly in the next 2 weeks? Labcoin's will. If you sold your ActM shares now, bought Labcoin shares, sold them 2 weeks from now, then bought ActM shares, you'd end up with at least 2x as many ActM shares.

That's a big gamble, if Labcoin doesn't and ActM goes back up after some news leaks then you are down shares. Not only that but there's honestly not THAT many shares being sold so you'd have to pay a premium to acquire a decent amount of share back.

This is why I won't play that game. You are one announcement from being buried with a bag in your hand. For all we know Ken is getting permission to share where in development the FastHash is. That ONE announcement would change the whole mining landscape, possibly to the great detriment of Labcoin.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
SoylentCreek

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

Those chips will be generating dust as soon as the big 28nm players come to the market.  Don't get me wrong, people are entitled to jump on quick money, but I'm in ActM for the long haul.

That's a big gamble, if Labcoin doesn't and ActM goes back up after some news leaks then you are down shares. Not only that but there's honestly not THAT many shares being sold so you'd have to pay a premium to acquire a decent amount of share back.

This is why I won't play that game. You are one announcement from being buried with a bag in your hand. For all we know Ken is getting permission to share where in development the FastHash is. That ONE announcement would change the whole mining landscape, possibly to the great detriment of Labcoin.

My thoughts exactly.  I've held on this long.   No sense in backing out now.  Just one announcement is all it will take.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:14:21 PM

What about a 50/50 split on reinvestment and issuing of dividend from any available refund?  The shareholders need to be taken care of in some fashion surrounding this Avalon flub.

Thoughts?

I think people are missing the significance of a 50% div payout. Most people will reinvest it into ACtM and that will give the share price much needed buying pressure and stabilise the stock at a reasonable level.

These latest plunges are still on very very low volume. Only a handful of btc is being liquidised, a tiny fraction of public shares are being traded, yet it's making the stock looking shaky because shareholders by and large have no more funds available to buy and support price. Confidence is being knocked as a result.

If Streets is suggesting this split then obviously the company doesn't need all of the refund for investment. We are liquid.

I vote give 50% to shareholders, get the buying pressure back. Confidence is important and a strong stock will  attract not only more investors but more hardware purchasers.

NB - a significant div payout means Kens shares will be closer to getting divs too. Do you know what that means? It means he values his future divs MORE than circa 100kUSD in his pocket right now. That is real confidence. And it's all we need to know about the future of this company.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 04:17:56 PM

What about a 50/50 split on reinvestment and issuing of dividend from any available refund?  The shareholders need to be taken care of in some fashion surrounding this Avalon flub.

Thoughts?

I think people are missing the significance of a 50% div payout. Most people will reinvest it into ACtM and that will give the share price much needed buying pressure and stabilise the stock at a reasonable level.

These latest plunges are still on very very low volume. Only a handful of btc is being liquidised, a tiny fraction of public shares are being traded, yet it's making the stock looking shaky because shareholders by and large have no more funds available to buy and support price. Confidence is being knocked as a result.

If Streets is suggesting this split then obviously the company doesn't need all of the refund for investment. We are liquid.

I vote give 50% to shareholders, get the buying pressure back. Confidence is important and a strong stock will  attract not only more investors but more hardware purchasers.

NB - a significant div payout means Kens shares will be closer to getting divs too. Do you know what that means? It means he values his future divs MORE than circa 100kUSD in his pocket right now. That is real confidence. And it's all we need to know about the future of this company.

Ken's job is to make ACTM a success, not cater to the needs of speculators who wish to drop the hot potato to which they find themselves married.

Avalon refunds should go towards more wafers and rainy-day money, not be blown on a one-time, feel-good sugar rush for blowhard speculators like Stuart.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:24:01 PM

It seems people are requesting refunds for their avalon chips.. will Ken be doing this?
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:25:58 PM

It seems people are requesting refunds for their avalon chips.. will Ken be doing this?

It seems there's a consensual shareholder response of: we sure hope so.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:30:55 PM

That announcement will increase the share price by a tiny amount. It won't change the mining landscape at all. Not even mining devices being sold will do that. Too many players in the game now.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:33:29 PM

It seems there's a consensual shareholder response of: we sure hope so.

So the refunds happen with BTC?  Does avalon give back the same BTC that you paid or do they adjust for the higher value?
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:36:06 PM

Stuartuk, do you have the numbers? What was needed for this 0.001 price drop? It seems like a bit thing but you're saying it doesn't say much?

Look at the post I made about this yesterday. The price drop yesterday was a result of a total of under 1% of shares being sold with none being bought - and it's the same today no doubt. It's an utterly insignificant amount of stock being sold. The fall is due to a lack of buyers not a swathe of sellers. The sellers are realising FIAT due to btc increase, it's a perfectly 'normal' selling streak but unfortunately at this particular time in the companys development there are no buyers because everyone is invested up to the hilt and/or waiting for the news.

A substantial div right now could not come at a better time. Despite this price plunge 99% of ACtM shareholders are holding tight. They will reinvest the div and share price will not only recover it will stabilize.

tbh it's not a biggie for me but it will prevent the possibility of a panic sell-off (through which I would hold and buy more) and is much better use of the btc than holding it in the bank where it will never be used. For the greater good the div should be made but thinking about it the longterm investers with btc in reserve would benifit from a crash/flash crash on a panic sell.
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 04:42:43 PM

I've literally pulled over on the drive home to see if funds have cleared to buy more BTC - damn share price has gone up in the mean time. damn damn damn!

Subcide

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:43:32 PM

It's ok, someone just ate through two of the walls.  It'll drop more by the looks.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:44:44 PM

I've literally pulled over on the drive home to see if funds have cleared to buy more BTC - damn share price has gone up in the mean time. damn damn damn!

Actually share price (at least the bids) are right around 0.004, which still is a very good purchase price.

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:45:03 PM

Those chips will be generating dust as soon as the big 28nm players come to the market.  Don't get me wrong, people are entitled to jump on quick money, but I'm in ActM for the long haul.

My thoughts exactly.  I've held on this long.   No sense in backing out now.  Just one announcement is all it will take.

Keep thinking that as ActM drops and LC rises and overtakes it. I sold back when ActM was 0.006x and bought into LC because it was just so blatantly obvious that LC would beat ActM to the post. I still think ActM will be successful though (despite Ken's incompetence). I just think LC will see success first. If I'm right, I'll be able to take advantage of the rise in share price of both companies to make a double killing. If you are right and I'm wrong, then both of us will only be able to take advantage of the rise in share price from one of the companies.

It baffles me that you guys can't see the writing on the wall, it's 72pt bold!
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:49:08 PM

Keep thinking that as ActM drops and LC rises and overtakes it. I sold back when ActM was 0.006x and bought into LC because it was just so blatantly obvious that LC would beat ActM to the post. I still think ActM will be successful though (despite Ken's incompetence). I just think LC will see success first. If I'm right, I'll be able to take advantage of the rise in share price of both companies to make a double killing. If you are right and I'm wrong, then both of us will only be able to take advantage of the rise in share price from one of the companies.

It baffles me that you guys can't see the writing on the wall, it's 72pt bold!

Some people don't want to make the plays you're making. It's all going to be okay - just relax.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:57:18 PM

Stuartuk, do you have the numbers? What was needed for this 0.001 price drop? It seems like a bit thing but you're saying it doesn't say much?

Look at the post I made about this yesterday. The price drop yesterday was a result of a total of under 1% of shares being sold with none being bought - and it's the same today no doubt.

That's impossible.  
You need both a buyer and a seller for sales to to take place, no matter if it's one or one hundred percent of total shares.

It's an utterly insignificant amount of stock being sold. The fall is due to a lack of buyers not a swathe of sellers.

What a nice way of seeing it.  The glass isn't almost empty, it's a teeny bit full.  Regardless, the low ratio of willing buyers to willing sellers is exactly what's responsible for plummeting prices.  Always.  No exceptions.

The sellers are realising FIAT due to btc increase, it's a perfectly 'normal' selling streak but unfortunately at this particular time in the companys development there are no buyers because everyone is invested up to the hilt and/or waiting for the news.

In other words, no one wants to buy -- i get it.  Labcoin is doing real well, how is that possible with everyone already invested???

A substantial div right now could not come at a better time. Despite this price plunge 99% of ACtM shareholders are holding tight. They will reinvest the div and share price will not only recover it will stabilize. [...]

By your own logic, the market can't support any sizable selloffs -- there aren't any buyers.

Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: