Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:05:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3924 times)
catsmile

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:13:34 AM

I don't agree that icos will keep faling in 2018. We passed summer but there are still upcoming great icos and they are still making hugee amount of money everyday. At least half of icos won't ever fail.
I agree with you. I think ICOs will not fall in the next few years. They can make a lof of money everyday by ICOs so have no any reason that  ICOs will fall Cheesy
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:20:39 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
I don't shocked if the ICOs will fail in 2018 because basically the ICOs are new projects of the businesses and we know that almost 90% of businesses always fail, my strategy be taken by me when investing in the ICOs is always use the amount of money can be ready for losing them, i always use analysis fundamental of the ICOs projects before making desicions to investment into them and i don't care about the news, so always use your personal opinions, research about the the ICOs.
bithuner

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:52:21 PM

I do think that marketing is playing a bigger and bigger role.

I remember 7 months ago I rarely saw adverts for ICO's now I can't even go on my Instagram without seeing some sort of paid advertising.

Sadly the more ICO's there are = The more money an ICO needs to put into marketing to make themselves stand out.
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:11:02 PM

The point of this article is really worth thinking about, but I don't agree with this view. I think 2018 is still a bull market, and altcoin will still go up substantially.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:18:25 PM

I would like to say that a group of people with dedication and innovative ideas can start to do what are they good at, and without ICOs they wouldn’t ever be given an opportunity to be a part of a bigger market. I think that competition is a double-edged sword, but I take it more positively. If you don’t fall for PR without anything, you will be fine in most occassions.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:18:47 PM

They will fail if they don't deliver what they are promised to do in their road map, and looking at the number of ico in 2017, i believe most of them will deliver nothing but news about delay etc. They have a lot of money already from the start so why work hard whem you are already well off.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:26:44 PM

I think ICO will still triumph in 2018, the problem now in ICO is the trust level of investors is really low and the competition of each ICO is very tight, because the releasing ICO is a lot and the release time is very near, but if the developer persistence and able to deliver the vision then it can success, but a coin success won't happening in short time, it need a longer time to see the result

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:28:36 PM

I really like ETH but if ICOs faill then there will be a big hit for ETH.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:44:23 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
ICO is here to stay.

And i will forever want to punch anyone in the head using the term.
It makes me sick.

Crowd funding a coin is simply fucking retarded.

PS:
https://www.neowin.net/news/bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies-are-recording-massive-losses-in-value#add

Good.. suffer investards.  Grin

FUD first & ask questions later™
alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:13:05 AM

Of course, I think that the demand for ico in 2018 will subside.
But nevertheless, in 2018 there will be a lot of good projects, as well as many projects will reveal their potential.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 01:24:36 PM

Failure rate would soar definitely in 2018, many startup with limited thoughts on how to operate their projects would fail, the above reason stated in the article are mostly true but i think the strongest choke is competition, there are far many project with relative same idea and was being backed up by millions, the ones that fail upon like announcement of closure would rip off investors that have their coins fall into 1 satoshi in days.

brelok777

Activity: 160

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:45:52 PM

In 2017, a lot of ISO was launched and the main niches already occupied. Therefore, in 2018 it will be very difficult to launch ISO in which investors will invest their funds. Therefore, the decline in demand for ICO is expected.

shadowhnter

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:49:17 PM

We do not enough money to invest ICO. Most of them is scam. And we not believe. HI
Tynovten_

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:54:45 PM

Thing that always makes us concern news like this. If there's no ico how the token can run. There's possibility can happen the next year.

knowledge101

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:39:27 PM

That is generalizing. I think 2018 is only the beginning.
deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:20:13 AM

Just like startups, there are thousands startup companies opened everyday , some of them survival , some died and few turn to icon.
ICO will happened exactly the same. So how to find an icon , that is a problem
Coyoteerex09

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:34:37 PM

Just like startups, there are thousands startup companies opened everyday , some of them survival , some died and few turn to icon.
ICO will happened exactly the same. So how to find an icon , that is a problem

Well said, its more likely the survival of the fittest. Some of the ICO's will fail, and some of them will grow by next year. I guess the deciding factor could be on the vision of an ICO and how it will be accepted by the community.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:57:28 PM

The article writer has a strong point of view about ICOs future next year. Yeah, that is very true since almost ICOs are just "Now you see me" scheme of ICO. If not a SCAM, the project will probably become obsolete after launching and eventually die in the process. But i am not counting out ICOs yet because there are still ICOs that are legit and really served its purpose.

Coyoteerex09

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:02:39 PM

The article writer has a strong point of view about ICOs future next year. Yeah, that is very true since almost ICOs are just "Now you see me" scheme of ICO. If not a SCAM, the project will probably become obsolete after launching and eventually die in the process. But i am not counting out ICOs yet because there are still ICOs that are legit and really served its purpose.

Yeah, those ICO's are really rare right now. Some of the ICO's that have been sprouting right now is either scams or won't have any value in the market at the end of their offering.
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:14:31 PM

Hi could say crypto currencies are here to stay most of the Ico are becoming successful if you have patience and properly following project example recent dent growth . So there always scammer even in a regulated ipo also I have witnessed that also . So people say lots of thing even they said for bitcoin . Ignore all and focus on right project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: