Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Titanium - World's First Decentralised Cloud Services Provider 🚀  (Read 80975 times)
VanAllen

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:52:05 PM

To all those shouting "scam", can you please explain to me how you believe this scam operates. Maybe you're right and I'm missing something but I really don't see the logic.

As I said previously ...

While I can understand concerns of whether Michael Stollaire et al have the resources and competency to make this fairly ambitious project a success, the claims that the BAR theft was somehow an 'inside job' or a scam doesn't make sense to me.

Surely if you're going to scam people, the best time to exit with their money is when the coin is at a high price, not after you've announced a theft that resulted in a price crash. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just don't understand the logic in the scam argument.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
benjamin123

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:56:54 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 01:07:54 PM by benjamin123

He basically lied about the success of his EHI company to make it seem like it was huge and how he had all this big name clients when he was is just a small time 1 man systems integrator with barely a few hundred K in revenue and no employees and he is working out of a home office

https://tbis.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/TBIS-White-Paper-v2.7.pdf

if you look at the whitepaper above, there are no descriptions of the team, half of the developers didnt have TBIS in their linkedin or didnt even know each other prior to ICO.

which basically means he hired them just as the ICO was ready to launch to give an appearance that he was competent.

and he basically cut and pasted the team straight from the website onto the whitepaper (same background color)

i also like the part how he says the pool will be frozen to ensure no tbis tokens are sold (yea right buddy, look what happened.)

he's full of hot air and a fluff creator. every statement that TBIS issues has huge sounding words, eg Malicious attack, etc etc  making each statement sound bigger or more impactful that should be (nothing wrong with that, just marketing tho)

when the coin priced dropped he desperately issued partnership annoucement after annoucement in an attempt to pump the price up until the community was wondering what were all the useless annoucements about and then the supposed theft/hack happened and everything got exposed.

g.m.tyshenk

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:12:27 PM

He basically lied about the success of his EHI company to make it seem like it was huge and how he had all this big name clients when he was is just a small time 1 man systems integrator with barely a few hundred K in revenue and no employees and he is working out of a home office

https://tbis.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/TBIS-White-Paper-v2.7.pdf

if you look at the whitepaper above, there are no descriptions of the team, half of the developers didnt have TBIS in their linkedin or didnt even know each other prior to ICO.

which basically means he hired them just as the ICO was ready to launch to give an appearance that he was competent.

and he basically cut and pasted the team straight from the website onto the whitepaper (same background color)

i also like the part how he says the pool will be frozen to ensure no tbis tokens are sold (yea right buddy, look what happened.)

he's full of hot air and a fluff creator. every statement that TBIS issues has huge sounding words, eg Malicious attack, etc etc  making each statement sound bigger or more impactful that should be (nothing wrong with that, just marketing tho)

when the coin priced dropped he desperately issued partnership annoucement after annoucement in an attempt to pump the price up until the community was wondering what were all the useless annoucements about and then the supposed theft/hack happened and everything got exposed.

So.... not a scam ,you just have a personal beef and agenga to discredit the CEO because you don't like his entrapeneurship going from a small cloud consulting company to a big multimillion dollar crypto start up.
Again, you must either be a disgruntled ex-employee or a troll competitor.
benjamin123

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:19:17 PM

are you a paid shill?

how is lying about his past experience not a scam? he basically used it to tell everyone that BAR would have all these big name clients when it launched when in actual fact thats not the case.
ssvenss

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:20:10 PM

Who can say why the price so badly fell down? I saw a token cost about 70 cents, and now it's 7 times less than then
g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

are you a paid shill?

how is lying about his past experience not a scam? he basically used it to tell everyone that BAR would have all these big name clients when it launched when in actual fact thats not the case.

Actually you are the one saying he is lying about his past.  I have to agree and think you are a paid troll.
andro hac

Activity: 574
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:30:15 PM

Who can say why the price so badly fell down? I saw a token cost about 70 cents, and now it's 7 times less than then
Official announcement updated for clarity at 5:52pm (PST):

Dear Titans,
    Today, in a malicious act, approximately 16mil BAR ICO Tokens were taken from Titanium company wallets. These wallets had been storing 4mil reserve BAR and 12mil team allocation BAR Tokens, recently minted by TBIS engineers. TBIS Inc. CEO, Michael Stollaire, has locked down all company accounts and notified authorities with case sensitive information regarding the perpetrators of this illegal theft.  

For ICO investors and BAR token holders this malicious act means that a large part of the signature token for Titanium’s  ecosystem (BAR) is now in the hands one or more criminals who may at any time choose to devalue the token by selling all of it. While it is the hope of the entire Titanium team that the perpetrators of this act will be brought to justice, we find it necessary to take unprecedented steps to provide a transparent solution immediately:

1)TBIS will fork their ICO token (BAR) and create a second token (TBAR) to be used in Titanium’s ecosystem for goods and services in place of BAR token.
2)TBAR will be issued to all BAR holders (both ICO participants and those who have acquired bar via exchange purchases or other means, excluding today’s malicious act).          
    -Everyone with BAR currently in an Erc20 wallet will automatically receive TBAR alongside BAR in their wallets.
    -For those who currently have BAR on an exchange, a simple form will be provided for verification before TBAR is released in the same amount as current BAR holding.
3)Titanium has already asked that both official and unofficially announced exchanges cease allowing BAR token to trade and will ask that TBAR begin trading in place of BAR after distribution.
4) MVP production and release by March 1st, 2018, will not be affected.

QUICK SUMMARY: Due to a malicious action resulting in illegal theft of 16mil ICO tokens, BAR Token is being replaced with a forked token, TBAR. TBAR will replace all circulating BAR tokens. ***You will see TBAR show up in your Ethereum wallet. Please do not be alarmed, your tokens are safe and you were not compromised. Titanium’s MVP will still be released by target date of March 1st, 2018. ***

here's what happened
g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:33:41 PM

BARS are being discontinued by the company and being replaced by 1:1 with TBARs on all online wallets (eg. MEW) and exchanges.. Soon BARS will be removed from all exchanges and BARS will be worthless. The company is essentially doing  a fork to TBARs and will forget about BARS.
I assume TBAR will be valued at the same price  as BAR value pre-hack for all investors.  
benjamin123

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

are you a paid shill?

Actually you are the one saying he is lying about his past.  I have to agree and think you are a paid troll.

Has michael come out to dispell what i've said? how do you know what ive said are lies?

you cant find any info on EHI out there and it is true that he is working out of a home office with no employees
g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 03:15:55 PM by g.m.tyshenk

are you a paid shill?

Actually you are the one saying he is lying about his past.  I have to agree and think you are a paid troll.

Has michael come out to dispell what i've said? how do you know what ive said are lies?

you cant find any info on EHI out there and it is true that he is working out of a home office with no employees

And so what? ..... There are many  individuals who operate consulting businesses from a home office  like EHI.  Not sure how that is interpretted to be a bad thing. USA was built on hard working contractors, entrapeneurs and consultants!  
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:42:37 PM

I would demand for the report to be published fro everyone's view for satisfaction. This thing will make things more better and reputation will be restored with high respect. Also BAR should be replaced by TBAR sooner as possible to clear the concerns of holders. It is really important to fix the things in shortest time.
g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 01:54:41 PM

I would demand for the report to be published fro everyone's view for satisfaction. This thing will make things more better and reputation will be restored with high respect. Also BAR should be replaced by TBAR sooner as possible to clear the concerns of holders. It is really important to fix the things in shortest time.

Yes, it seems the company is doing all of these things with TBAR fork and update reports (the update posts from Queen-wiki are very good), see:

http://queenwiki.com/blog/2018/02/titanium-tbis-wallet-hacked-16million-stolen-bar-tbar-hardfork-2/

http://queenwiki.com/blog/2018/02/titanium-tbis-wallet-hacked-16million-stolen-bar-tbar-hardfork/
MPE Project

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:12:05 PM

ofc nice scam,dump tokens,tell that you wont replace tokens to those who bought them today at dip,then replace tokens to others  with new ones,cool cool

Edit. : How will he know when i bought tokens,and why i wont get new one if i bought them at dip.

g.m.tyshenk

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:25:28 PM

ofc nice scam,dump tokens,tell that you wont replace tokens to those who bought them today at dip,then replace tokens to others  with new ones,cool cool

Edit. : How will he know when i bought tokens,and why i wont get new one if i bought them at dip.

Issue of TBAR is essentially a fork.  They have a blockchain snapshot taken at a specific block so they know who has BARS and who doesn't.  I believe the cut off date was Feb. 21.   Some people trying to buy BARs after the hack at a lower price due to dumping of tokens at a lower price after Feb. 21 won't get TBARs. Anyone who sold there BARS before Feb 21 won't get TBAR replacement tokens.
Basically anyone holding BARS are OK and will get TBARs. It was set out this way to prevent the hackers from profiting from dumping the stolen tokens (even if stolen BARs were sold at a cent a piece the hacker could get $16 million). Now BARS are rendered worthless. If anyone is buying "cheap" BARs after Feb. 21 thinking they were going to get matching TBARs are out of luck!
MPE Project

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:29:06 PM

Issue of TBAR is essentially a fork.  They have a blockchain snapshot taken at a specific block so they know who has BARS and who doesn't.  I believe the cut off date was Feb. 21.   Some people trying to buy BARs after the hack at a lower price due to dumping of tokens at a lower price after Feb. 21 won't get TBARs. Anyone who sold there BARS before Feb 21 won't get TBAR replacement tokens.
Basically anyone holding BARS are OK and will get TBARs. It was set out this way to prevent the hackers from profiting from dumping the stolen tokens (even if stolen BARs weee sold at a cent a piece the hacker could get $16 million). Now BARS are worthless.

so me as trader who placed a low order,and bough at dip now scammed,thats your words? as i said,its good tactic ,dump bar to trades,than say that someone stole them and we will not refund any bar for those who bought them at dip,so they are scammers. be happy to stay with this scam team and scam token.

Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:43:29 PM

Basically anyone holding BARS are OK and will get TBARs. It was set out this way to prevent the hackers from profiting from dumping the stolen tokens (even if stolen BARs weee sold at a cent a piece the hacker could get $16 million). Now BARS are worthless.

so me as trader who placed a low order,and bough at dip now scammed,thats your words? as i said,its good tactic ,dump bar to trades,than say that someone stole them and we will not refund any bar for those who bought them at dip,so they are scammers. be happy to stay with this scam team and scam token.

You did not buy at a dip, you bought it after they announced that the token is now worthless and due to be discontinued. That is the risk you take in cryptocurrency trading. I am always fully aware that any trade I make could mean a loss of my money, and that the entire market could collapse at any moment. There is no guarantee or protection in crypto trading and it does not mean you were scammed. You need to be totally aware. Look into anything you buy on the exchange, check for news and look for reasons for why the dip happened in the first place.

You are many others here are making too many assumptions, dumped BAR? They were hacked, they have been transparent enough about what happened and they need time to sort things out. Don't throw around the scam word without hard evidence. Seems to me you got burnt, and are now angry about losing your money.
FlyOn35

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:52:46 PM

To be honest I don't like their Telegram admin community this is why I am asking here:

Why specific BAR holders keep getting 3 times more TBAR to their address?

https://etherscan.io/address/0x096794bb1a78e5b3eb3ccec765c43ba367673fe3#tokentxns
https://etherscan.io/address/0x1dbd397e0c53f15687726c9e0daca21fdbeeb7c7
https://etherscan.io/address/0x5e7fbb84e8c50cad423bbb64fe9aa41929c32220
https://etherscan.io/address/0x91086bac510881aa6b83441011524faaf9b009b0
https://etherscan.io/address/0x918612a2d1f78aad49f8ce3d3f5732d2c3c66274

etc.. etc..

Because I purchased this project 8k $ in ICO phase also but I am fully disappointed now with all these situation and their telegram admin group.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:56:37 PM

I don't think so. They have been transparent about every single action they took and it would be sad to see this great idea being buried by some idiot hacker. We shouldn't allow for that to happen as a community.

I don't think so.. would you care to explain..They are changing their statement with every update ??

Well if you have to go for damage control you really need to consider and reconsider what the right actions are. As long as they say the funds are safe and they can deliver the promised project there is no reason to become nervous. They are not anonymous.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
normensky012

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:18:04 PM

I wasn't able to purchase on your ICO. And recently I was planning to purchase BAR tokens in exchanges but I saw the news about the stolen BAR tokens. Is it okay to purchase BAR tokens now, or should I wait on forking BAR smart contract - TBAR implementation?
FlyOn35

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:33:05 PM

I wasn't able to purchase on your ICO. And recently I was planning to purchase BAR tokens in exchanges but I saw the news about the stolen BAR tokens. Is it okay to purchase BAR tokens now, or should I wait on forking BAR smart contract - TBAR implementation?

Don't buy any BAR token from exchanges for a moment they all are useless. Even you buy After 21st 7.00 Pm you cannot participate fork and your money will be wasted.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: