Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121474 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:20:04 PM

From posts, I think it is "super blocks possible only after block 250 and before 7years". Then thef's solution is still wrong.

You sure? At first glance, without noticing the {

}

On the > 250 clause, I too thought the random was outside the >250 clause. Did you too overlook the curlybrackets there?

-MarkM-

Yes I'm sure, unless the protocol makes the reward 0 NUG for block height=250. I believe rewards start at 250, not 251.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:31:22 PM

what the fuck you can't just make the block rewards cease after 7 years!! thats ridiculous

If you read the Announcement.  He stated that it was supposed to be a 21 year coin, but then he figured the gov't would never allow the coin to exist past 7 years, so he didn't want the rest of the coins wasted, so he bulk dumped the remaining coins from year 7-21 into the rewards for the first 7.  After that the coin commits suicide.  The coin can't even fallback to PoS to keep it going.  (unless you can change that for him???). 

You jumped in on a doosie  Smiley

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:33:12 PM

i'm starting a new thread. this thread has to much bad JuJu, and doesn't even have the basic conf file information. i'll hook it up nevertheless.

new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256984

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 09:54:49 PM

what the fuck you can't just make the block rewards cease after 7 years!! thats ridiculous

If you read the Announcement.  He stated that it was supposed to be a 21 year coin, but then he figured the gov't would never allow the coin to exist past 7 years, so he didn't want the rest of the coins wasted, so he bulk dumped the remaining coins from year 7-21 into the rewards for the first 7.  After that the coin commits suicide.  The coin can't even fallback to PoS to keep it going.  (unless you can change that for him???). 

You jumped in on a doosie  Smiley

That's fixable if people wish to have it go past 7 years.  No biggie.  There's gonna be thousands of these coins and many will be very successful, it will undermine the dollar so the govt will definitely kill 99% of them and adopt one of them as its own. 

bank on it.

I'm staying on this thread.  Sure it's whacky and nutty but man, it's pretty fun and many got good laughs at my expense.  I don't want to join what I think will be just another boring alt coin thread.

But if the masses decide that's a good idea after this thread broke some popularity and posts records in less than 24 hours then go for it.  I think this coin can go from a mess to a great thread once the coin is fixed and I fix my attitude along with it. 

So I vote we all stay here but that's up to the people to decide.  Either way - thanks to all you guys who have stuck around for either the laughs, the circus, the jack-knived 18 Crypto-wheeler or dying to try a coins with golden lottery blocks.  Thanks for all your advice, constructive criticisms and for doing your best to mine this coin, I'll do all I can with lots of help from r3 to make this the best coin there is.  I don't like starting something and letting it die from lack of effort.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.  God Bless!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:59:40 PM

Like I thought block 250 isn't supposed to have a zero reward:
Fair launch(allready past)

Define "fair".

the block reward was 0 coins up to block 249 except for block 1 and 2 which were premine blocks of 1.1 million apiece i've set a tentative fork for block 6000 to allow time to fix everything and test it. its a mess right now but i'm fixing it.

As I'm the one who fixed the code, I am entitled to receive the 0.2BTC right?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:04:53 PM

Define "fair".

the block reward was 0 coins up to block 249 except for block 1 and 2 which were premine blocks of 1.1 million apiece i've set a tentative fork for block 6000 to allow time to fix everything and test it. its a mess right now but i'm fixing it.

send me a pm with your proposed blockchain fix, i will implement it into the source and compile. if it works on testnet, i will advise Vlad to pay you as promised if he said that. thanks for your contribution by the way.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

It's not a good idea to constantly make your programmers change things.  Each time they have to make a huge update it really screws with things.  These things are why you shouldn't rush from idea to launch in 48 hours.  If you waited a few days, it could have had all the bugs worked out from the get go.  You should have at the very least had the code gone over by a few different people before launching, and not rushed it out the gates.  Another thing.  This isn't the US Dollar.  You can't just print more when the code says the rewards have stopped.  Alot of the value your currency has in in how many coins are going to be printed.  If you decide to double the amount of coins in the future, you drop the value of the coins in half.  Don't think many people would be happy about that.  My honest opinion would be to halt the Nugget.  Take a month or 2 and make sure you and r3wt talk every aspect over, and get everything right.  Give him and others time to properly check the code.  Then relaunch the coin when it's ready.  

And you fail to realize why these cryptocurrencies exist in the first place.  The US gov't can't just announce they are closed.  Of course they could 51% attack all of them, but that's another story all together.  

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:06:40 PM

Define "fair".

send me a pm with your proposed blockchain fix, i will implement it into the source and compile. if it works on testnet, i will advise Vlad to pay you as promised if he said that. thanks for your contribution by the way.
It's literally just a few if statements re-ordered with maybe some else keywords added in. If you haven't figured out the fix on your own yet then there's no hope for the coin. Not that there was already.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:09:41 PM

The code is just above: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2737311#msg2737311
This makes block 250 with a reward of 49NUG, as planned.
It's also easier to understand IMO.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:13:34 PM

Where is the flaw?
0NUG rewards after 7 years is part of the protocol Vlad wanted to get fixed

If this is not wanted anymore it's only a matter of deleting 4lines
That doesn't change the fact that I did exactly what Vlad was asking for

AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:16:26 PM

The code is just above: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256460.msg2737311#msg2737311
Thef's code looks fine, if you change "else if(nHeight > 250) {" to "else {". (Also, his code could use proper indentation.) Yours is littered with redundant early return statements. (Nitpicking, I admit.)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 10:19:23 PM

Define "fair".

I did say that, and to show my gratitude I won't pay him .2BTC but .25 BTC.

I can't program but I try hard to be a man of my word.  To me a good rep is worth its weight in gold.

So test it out R3, and if it's good to go holla back and I'll send this man his .25 BTC.

And remember, I'm unemployed and broke, imagine what I would do to make this coin the best if I had real money like I once used to.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 10:24:40 PM

Where is the flaw?
0NUG rewards after 7 years is part of the protocol Vlad wanted to get fixed

If this is not wanted anymore it's only a matter of deleting 4lines
That doesn't change the fact that I did exactly what Vlad was asking for

I was referring to the fact the VGB wasn't working which was the main sales point of this coin.

R3, can fix the 7 year issue as I already talked to him about it.

The reward of .2 BTC was to get the VGB protocol to work as advertised since nobody was hitting the golden block.

But I'll send you .1 BTC for bringing up an issue which could cause problems down the line.  Post your BTC addy.

And by the way, I can't give out awards for just anything - people should help out cause that's how open source works.  If I had my old job back bounties would be easy to give out but I am broke right now and I urgently wanted to help r3 by getting the VGB protocol to work as advertised as that was my biggest selling point for this coin which is why I offered a reward.

So post your BTC addy and I'll send you .1 BTC for the effort.  Thanks, bro.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:30:52 PM

Hit my 15th block.  woot woot

Waiting for that super-mega-block Wink

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:31:21 PM

I don't get how many you're OK to send me, but that's fine either way. Address in signature, thanks.

By the way, the post in which I ask where is the flaw in my code is an answer to a post of DeathAndTaxes where he said he found one. Which he deleted.

twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:37:02 PM

Thing is, it is too late to do that now.   This code would only work if it was in at launch.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
twobits

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:42:42 PM

As for the bounties, since I've been here I've seen real programmers take on serious tasks for lame 200,000 devcoins.  It was peanuts so naturally I thought .2 BTC was a good amount.  And if I pay to help get a pool off the ground of course i want half.

I don't think you have.   If so can you link to it?   I have yet to see a devcoin bounty that wanted a percentage ownership.  In this case,   the cost of setting up a pool is usually not even front loaded.   The main costs are the ongoing server and support costs.   To expect to buy into that for 50% for $20 for half the profit looks both greedy and insulting.  Anyone who is going to incur those costs, is not going to take you up on your offer, and it makes you look bad offering it.  Better to have offered nothing, then a stake grab like that.   To then call it a hefty fee just adds to the insult.

I gave away my 2.2 million coins to r3 to use to bounties how exactly am I suppose to make money off a coin I paid to launch.  It's this kind of BS that pisses me off.

You are still in the learning stage of these coins it seems.  Most people do seem to pay to learn, not make money off of it.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
twobits

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:47:46 PM

I don't get how many you're OK to send me, but that's fine either way. Address in signature, thanks.

By the way, the post in which I ask where is the flaw in my code is an answer to a post of DeathAndTaxes where he said he found one. Which he deleted.

The flaw in your code is it fixes an issue that is too late to fix,  the original code you made the fix from worked just as well being as that we are past that block.  Actually it worked better, as your code creates a fork for sure, what they posted only may.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:50:29 PM

Just wondering.  Are you currently looking into ideas that will make this coin a long term coin, and not one that kills itself in 6-7 years? 

No he is looking into the idea of getting rich quick in the most hilarious way possible Cheesy

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 10:57:21 PM

Hit my 15th block.  woot woot

Waiting for that super-mega-block Wink

That's awesome dude.

I can't wait to see the first golden block hit.

Please call them golden blocks.

This is dofferent than super blocks and i never knew about about super blocks.  Until now I only read up on devcoins and ixCoins.

At any rate, these vlad Golden Blocks are different as they can be hit by anyone and the on a % basis it will be a big deal to any smaller miner, they're (golden blocks) valuable and they're designed as a lottery system.

So hey, I'm trying to solo min nuggets.  I downloaded the wallet.  What settings are you using?  TIA.

And thanks to r3 and shaky, they made a killer wallet.  The Easiest I've ever used.  

So somebody help me mine nuggets solo (its the only way for me to make some nugget coins, kinda sad)  I only have a laptop so I wanna mine it before the difficulty shoots up.  And soon the Golden Block will get hit as its randomly every 2 hours and so its overdue, it should hit any minute.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: