Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121486 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:47:34 PM

And BTW: I'm no programmer AT ALL, and its not so difficult to understand the basics of how crypto works, and how to make a Scrypt clone... It just takes a little bit of reading, the code is not so difficult to understand even if you are a profane - just stop writing nonsense AND READ. Can you make that exercise? Stop posting for a week, slap your hand when you have the temptation of writing a post, AND JUST READ AND LEARN.

This.  While a background in software development helps there is a lot of technical information which is not in code form.  One can spend a week just looking over the wiki to learn "how" Bitcoin (and thus any clone of it) works.  The ability to improve knowledge is there.  It is useful for project managers for example to understand at a high level how the systems they are managing work even if they aren't writing any code. 

Some examples would be that vlad believes:
a) that a blockchain which has a reward of 100% until 7 years at which point it drops to zero is viable.
b) that making the outcome of the block random changes the EV and thus favors small miners over large ones.
c) that random block rewards are impossible with proof of stake.
d) that an entity with 51% can change the rules of a protocol (i.e. a government making Bitcoin trackable and transparent).

None of these are programming concepts they are high level concepts (and they are all false BTW).  Not everyone needs to be a software developer but I would imagine (or hope) that the Winklevoss twins learned more about how Bitcoin works before buying a large stake and/or trying to launch an ETF.  Reading through the public doc it would appear they either personally understand or have hire experts who understand at least most concepts related to cryptocurrency.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:50:29 PM

The big name developers here are busy maintaining and developing for their coins.  They aren't looking around to make quick start-up alt coins for whoever tosses them a few bucks.  I doubt they would ever want to hand off one of their creations to someone with no skills to keep it alive for more than 15 minutes.  And have their name tarnished by the fact they were creating these coins for people only looking to make a few $$$.  And I am positive they would never allow themselves to get a star on their name to have 15,000 spam messages from people wanting them to create coins for them all. 

You had one of the best alt coin programmers working for you.  He missed a small error, probably due to the fact it was rushed out the door, and not properly tested.  (Should have been tested for at least 2-3 days to ensure everything was working ok, and the Superblocks (VGB) were firing at the correct intervals.  You said yourself when you launched it that you were unsure the VGB would work properly.  That alone should have been a reason to give it some testing time.  And now you have a programmer that is also decent.  But your undermining him constantly, and forcing him to work more on damage control than fixing the code.   

This.  For the record an experienced software developer generally makes $25 to $75 an hour.  This is part of a low risk salary job so freelance programmers (which have added overhead of self employment taxes, nonpayment risk, stranded projects, and more) generally charge more.  200% to 300% would be a good ballpark.  Now a programmer may accept a job for less but that is probably because they find the project interesting or challenging.  There is nothing interesting or challenging about another clone scamcoin it has been done what 50? times already.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:58:46 PM

And BTW: I'm no programmer AT ALL, and its not so difficult to understand the basics of how crypto works, and how to make a Scrypt clone... It just takes a little bit of reading, the code is not so difficult to understand even if you are a profane - just stop writing nonsense AND READ. Can you make that exercise? Stop posting for a week, slap your hand when you have the temptation of writing a post, AND JUST READ AND LEARN.

This.  While a background in software development helps there is a lot of technical information which is not in code form.  One can spend a week just looking over the wiki to learn "how" Bitcoin (and thus any clone of it) works.  The ability to improve knowledge is there.  It is useful for project managers for example to understand at a high level how the systems they are managing work even if they aren't writing any code. 

a) that a blockchain which has a reward of 100% until 7 years at which point it drops to zero is viable.
b) that making the outcome of the block random changes the EV and thus favors small miners over large ones.
d) that an entity with 51% can change the rules of a protocol (i.e. a government making Bitcoin trackable and transparent).

None of these are programming concepts they are high level concepts (and they are all false BTW).  Not everyone needs to be a software developer but I would imagine (or hope) that the Winklevoss twins learned more about how Bitcoin works before buying a large stake and/or trying to launch an ETF.  Reading through the public doc it would appear they either personally understand or have hire experts who understand at least most concepts related to cryptocurrency.

That's very spot on. Vlad, just stop a little and read the above points, you will realize that your time will be much better used in reading and learning, you are lacking a lot of basic knowledge for even having the absurd idea of launching "another crapcoin".

Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:05:40 PM

[WTS] 3038 NUG

Vlad, how much you wanna pay for your precious coins?  

Cheesy
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 08:49:48 PM

[WTS] 3038 NUG

Cheesy

What do you mean?

How much do I wanna pay to get them fixed and launched right?

Or how much do I wanna pay to get a coin launched right with all the features, you know, like a real programmer?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 08:54:44 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 12:34:00 AM by Vlad2Vlad

This.  While a background in software development helps there is a lot of technical information which is not in code form.  One can spend a week just looking over the wiki to learn "how" Bitcoin (and thus any clone of it) works.  The ability to improve knowledge is there.  It is useful for project managers for example to understand at a high level how the systems they are managing work even if they aren't writing any code.  

None of these are programming concepts they are high level concepts (and they are all false BTW).  Not everyone needs to be a software developer but I would imagine (or hope) that the Winklevoss twins learned more about how Bitcoin works before buying a large stake and/or trying to launch an ETF.  Reading through the public doc it would appear they either personally understand or have hire experts who understand at least most concepts related to cryptocurrency.

That's very spot on. Vlad, just stop a little and read the above points, you will realize that your time will be much better used in reading and learning, you are lacking a lot of basic knowledge for even having the absurd idea of launching "another crapcoin".

Do you think the bankers launching Bitcoin ETF are gonna go get a degree on software programming or maybe they're gonna hire a programmer they trust?  I have 6 years of college, I'm not 25, I'm sick of school and programming is very difficult - it's basically an engineering degree.

I just assumed if I found a programmer I trusted that the rest would be done per my specs ad my chosen features.  I had not a clue that the people here could not program to that level.  If they could have there would be no problem.  What I need is to find a real programmer that can do it all, pay his fee and the job is done.  I don't need to spend months learning code where at the end if that time I'll still be a confused amateur meanwhile at the speed this is moving ill be laughing a coin into a market with 300 alt coins instead of 50.

There's a matter of urgency here so even if i wanted to learn all this stuff, there's simply no Time.  I just need a reliable and very competent programmer.  That's the best and fatest way.  But thanks for the advice, under different circumstances it may have been a practical idea.

I'd like to talk to you more a out your ideas.  Thanks.

PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:55:11 PM

He's asking how much you want to trade for 3038 Nuggets.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:56:19 PM

No, I am pretty sure he is just trying to sell you his nuggets that he has mined.  People can still mine nuggets.  They just can't get any VGB's until r3wt gets the code changed.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Nobody said anything about learning to code.  

Here since your years of college apparently were wasted

While a background in software development helps there is a lot of technical information which is not in code form.

It is the general concept that one should know something about the industry before trying to create something new in the industry.  You don't need to be a chef but if you want to open a new restaurant (or at least a successful one) you might want to know a little something about how restaurants work first.  If you want to open a gold mine you don't need to know personally how to operate a mining drill but you better have some knowledge on how mining works.

Crypto-currencies are no different.  Your knowledge is non-existent worse you assume you don't need any knowledge and everything will just magically work.  That is called ignorance.  I pointed out just four flaw (or too many to list).  These weren't flaws in the code, they were flaws in your understanding.  No matter how great the developer the project was doomed to failure because it was fundamentally flawed at the conceptual level.  Since subtlety isn't your strong suit, NUG was doomed to failure due to your own ignorance.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:00:28 PM

[WTS] 3038 NUG

Cheesy

What do you mean?

Or how much do I wanna pay to get a coin launched right with all the features, you know, like a real programmer?

Holy shit you are dumb...

Vivisector999

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:08:13 PM

[WTS] 3038 NUG

Cheesy

What do you mean?

Isn't R3wt fixing the code error and the VGB should be functioning after the fork on the 6000th block or something like that (I think he mentioned it was the 6000th block).  Or has he already left the project???

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:16:39 PM

Your hindsight vision is impeccable.  Useless, but easily 20/20.  Maybe you isn't catch the part about me wanting to pay more.  Whatever it took.

I never would've embarked on this crazy quest in the first place.

I didn't go cheap.  The problem is that there's a misconception that people here are programmers and they're not and a ranking system can solve that cause I'm sure som here are really programmers button rare hiding nut it would be easy to solve that with a simply ranking system.

There was never a misconception that everyone here are programmers. People here are passionate about cryptocurrencies and want to talk about them, but there are people from all sorts of backgrounds here. This is not a programmers' board.

You people must love being inundated with Crapzcoins otherwise why wouldn't you be all over this idea which adds clarity and gives credit to real programmers?

Please, don't start with that. You're the one who said that there needs to be over 3000 altcoins with only name changes like SantaCoin, CatholicCoin, and who knows what else? NewEnglandPatriotsCoin and CarCoin? You're the one who's said that people only pay attention to the name. You're asking for the Crapcoins.

I just seriously hope, for your sake, that you didn't actually throw your money and possessions out the window for these stillborn crapalts.

You must be a woman cause you misunderstand everything.

3 months ago I made a prediction that in under 12 months there would be 300 crypto coins (which at the time was ludicrous) and I also said within 1 year after that there would be 3,000 crypto coins so this is the time to launch a coin if you want a chance.

I NEVER said there should be 3,000 coins or that it was a good thing, and in fact i said it was a bad thing as it would bury all all the good coins.  Read some of my papers on devtome which were written before all these daily CrapCoins started popping up and you'll see how right on I was when most thought it would take years.  

Please, I beg you, read Lu posts twice and think before you post, cause so far you've misunderstood everything completely the opposite of what I said or meant.  

A woman's perspective can be priceless but not if you're insecure or if you lack logic the way most women do.  And trust me, I'd give anything for that to not be true.  I'm no sexist, its just the way it is and with women thinking there equal to men it's like little 5 year olds running Around your house bossing you around and trying to take your life over - it can only end on tragic disaster.  I was raised in Eastern Europe so I have no problem with simply telling the truth.  If it hurts then change it - try thinning and try being honest with yourself.

Have you see me trying to pretend none of this is Kay fault or try to pretend that I can program one single line of code.  I try to be honest cause that's your best chance of getting help and getting better.

Vivisector999

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:17:24 PM

I know that's why he has given himself some time to get everything working properly, and the updated client created.  But I am wondering if he is still on the project, or if he has walked off since he probably knows where this ship is going.  And the fact Vlad seems to be talking like he is looking for a new programmer adds more questions as to if R3WT has left the building.  

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:19:44 PM

Your hindsight vision is impeccable.  Useless, but easily 20/20.  Maybe you isn't catch the part about me wanting to pay more.  Whatever it took.

I didn't go cheap.  The problem is that there's a misconception that people here are programmers and they're not and a ranking system can solve that cause I'm sure som here are really programmers button rare hiding nut it would be easy to solve that with a simply ranking system.

There was never a misconception that everyone here are programmers. People here are passionate about cryptocurrencies and want to talk about them, but there are people from all sorts of backgrounds here. This is not a programmers' board.

You people must love being inundated with Crapzcoins otherwise why wouldn't you be all over this idea which adds clarity and gives credit to real programmers?

Please, don't start with that. You're the one who said that there needs to be over 3000 altcoins with only name changes like SantaCoin, CatholicCoin, and who knows what else? NewEnglandPatriotsCoin and CarCoin? You're the one who's said that people only pay attention to the name. You're asking for the Crapcoins.

I just seriously hope, for your sake, that you didn't actually throw your money and possessions out the window for these stillborn crapalts.

3 months ago I made a prediction that in under 12 months there would be 300 crypto coins (which at the time was ludicrous) and I also said within 1 year after that there would be 3,000 crypto coins so this is the time to launch a coin if you want a chance.

I NEVER said there should be 3,000 coins or that it was a good thing, and in fact i said it was a bad thing as it would bury all all the good coins.  Read some of my papers on devtome which were written before all these daily CrapCoins started popping up and you'll see how right on I was when most thought it would take years.  

Please, I beg you, read Lu posts twice and think before you post, cause so far you've misunderstood everything completely the opposite of what I said or meant.  

A woman's perspective can be priceless but not if you're insecure or if you lack logic the way most women do.  And trust me, I'd give anything for that to not be true.  I'm no sexist, its just the way it is and with women thinking there equal to men it's like little 5 year olds running Around your house bossing you around and trying to take your life over - it can only end on tragic disaster.  I was raised in Eastern Europe so I have no problem with simply telling the truth.  If it hurts then change it - try thinning and try being honest with yourself.

Have you see me trying to pretend none of this is Kay fault or try to pretend that I can program one single line of code.  I try to be honest cause that's your best chance of getting help and getting better.

But you still can't even solo mine your own coin because you can't figure out how to make your LAPTOP a miner lol

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:20:22 PM

I going to launch a new crypto-coin...

It's going to be called Hubcaps.  The logo will be a 17" diamond encrusted, gold-alloy wheel.

Instead of setting up your rig to mine them, you will set up your thugs to steal them.  The more hubcaps you steal the more proficient your theiving skills and your luck will go up on finding the golden Hubcaps (super-blocks).  You can use your freshly harvested Hubcaps in the official game that is sponsored by the currency itself.  Trade your Hubcaps with other people, or use them to buy new stupid shit for your avatar, like a blinged out chain or a used Chevy Caprice.  Throw up a "help wanted" sign on the virtual world to sell yourself for some spinners.  In the world of Hubcaps prostitution is legal.

Tag-line:

Hubcaps:  The Most Ghetto Coin in the World!

Watch out.  It's gonna be the next big thing!

There's actually more originality in that mock coin of yours than any coin launched in the last 3 years.

Creartovoty and a bit of risk taking is lacking cause these wannabe devs just want a payday so they want to go with a sure thing.  That's why there's no features and nothing new or exciting.  If I had money if hire you just to hear exactly that kind of stuff from you during the brainstorm session.  

Thanks for the laugh.....and a couple actually good ideas.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:21:46 PM

I going to launch a new crypto-coin...

It's going to be called Hubcaps.  The logo will be a 17" diamond encrusted, gold-alloy wheel.

Instead of setting up your rig to mine them, you will set up your thugs to steal them.  The more hubcaps you steal the more proficient your theiving skills and your luck will go up on finding the golden Hubcaps (super-blocks).  You can use your freshly harvested Hubcaps in the official game that is sponsored by the currency itself.  Trade your Hubcaps with other people, or use them to buy new stupid shit for your avatar, like a blinged out chain or a used Chevy Caprice.  Throw up a "help wanted" sign on the virtual world to sell yourself for some spinners.  In the world of Hubcaps prostitution is legal.

Tag-line:

Hubcaps:  The Most Ghetto Coin in the World!

Watch out.  It's gonna be the next big thing!

There's actually more originality in that mock coin of yours than any coin launched in the last 3 years.

Creartovoty and a bit of risk taking is lacking cause these wannabe devs just want a payday so they want to go with a sure thing.  That's why there's no features and nothing new or exciting.  If I had money if hire you just to hear exactly that kind of stuff from you during the brainstorm session.  

Thanks for the laugh.....and a couple actually good ideas.

3.8 huh?

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:23:11 PM

But you still can't even solo mine your own coin because you can't figure out how to make your LAPTOP a miner lol

Correct.  Like I've said before, when it comes to software I am literally mentally retarded.  Do you see me being insecure about it?  Trying to hide it?  Isn't it nice to know exactly what you get the strength the weaknesses of the guy who's coin you'll buy or mine?

Or you'd rather vote for a lying politician cause he knows how to lie and plays and looks the part?  Cause so far that's the devs you guys are all going for.

How about you help me figure out how to mine this coin instead and be the good neighbor I know you can be?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:24:59 PM

i'm not fixing shit. i can't deal with this headache any longer

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:26:06 PM

if there was any reason for this coin it'd be easy to compile the bugfix into it but there is still less-than-no reason for the thing at all.

There are already way too many crapcoins just like it, if its "features" are what you want simply use one of the others that have those "features".

When someone claims they want a particular "feature" but actually reject it, as evidenced by their making up all kinds of excuses for not using anything that already has that "feature", I doubt any "feature" touted is actually the motive aka actually what is being sought.

What most clonecoin spawners seem to want is "I me me mine" all the bullshit about "features" is just bullshit, smokescreen, attempts to divert attention from what they are really after.

So why even bother with yet another luckycoin aka jokecoin aka superblocks coin at all? Are you already mining and trading all of them that already exist and finding there are not enough yet to make a portfolio of them or something?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:27:43 PM

i'm not fixing shit. i can't deal with this headache any longer

That goodness it wasn't worth fixing anyways.
* scamcoin which adds nothing new - CHECK
* premine of 1% of money supply for $20 worth of work/cost - CHECK
* broken superblock calculations - CHECK
* flat coin distribution for 7 years and then goes to zero which equals coin death - CHECK
* self described genius businessman who is unemployed and broke and believes the sole purpose of cryptocurrencies is to get rich quick in a dot com style bubble - CHECK

I mean seriously of all the projects to devote resources to saving?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: