Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121471 times)
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:49:24 PM

Opps yeah NMC is liked.  I have a feeling PPCoin might even have a chance at being liked.  Aside from that, it's hard to even find support for Litecoin here.  Let alone getting any support for the 300 Litecoin copies.  I can't say how many times I have seen posts asking for them to delete the Alt cryptocurrrencies area altogether.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 11:02:17 PM

Be warned:  some programmers sre protecting their own coins by sabotaging and KILLING your COINS.  Read the facts and decide for yourself.  I left names out to protect those who may have made a simple error although they should have fixed it long ago.

I trusted what I thought was a top notch programmer with my best interest in mind.

In reality he sabotaged my coin by destroying its only selling lint end doesn't even try to fix it and wouldn't even do,,indicate about it.  This was all about killing one more coin so his coin can have a better chance.  

And the premine he pushed on me, how could he screw that up or did he?  Where's the 3 million coins I'm getting slack.

I'm gonna try to protect his ID in case it was an honest mistake but he should have fixed the error ny now instead of watching the coin get killed and me look like a scammer when I told him to kill all premines.  E
Seems like this forum has become corrupt - too ,any people screwing the new guy to keep new coins from going to market.  Pretty messed up.  Bitcointalk needs to clean these crooks up never worlds gets out and nobody comes here looking for advice or to launch a coin.  

I'll call him programmerX to protect his ID.

Here's the part which made me trust him plus everyone I talked to really pumped him up - he had a good rep that's why I'm keeping his name out of the forum so I don't ruin his good name but he has to fix this or pay my money back:

The PoS coins imply PoW, so those coins are both schemas combined. PoS currently is the better choice for long-term coins as its more 51% resistant--but its harder to premine and you can't change block rewards in it (most people call this "fair" but a coin YOU choose the parameters on shouldn't have to be fair to others).

You can tell me what you'd like to change and I can tell you if it can be done. As for hardforks in the future, ugh, I'm not big on them, but if we set the diff adjustment to something easy or linear, then you'll never have to worry about getting stuck.

My price is high, but its fair, I've charged less in the past (or nothing) but the hassle that these coins bring is not for the faint of heart. For my price you'll get a coin that you can mine yourself, launch and ride the wave, or do nothing with. That part's up to you, I'm just a lover of code. My coins are all very well commented so any future work can be done by anyone competent with c++.

For the record I've done quite a number of coins, you can look at BottleCaps for a PoS coin example and you can look at TradeCoin/EZCoin as PoW examples.

--------------------

Now here's my specs to him, really clear and straight forward.  I chose them BTW, I did the math and chose what I thought would be the best velocity and time to confirmations, etc.  so he just had to plug them in.

- proof of stake - you said PoS includes PoW so that's great!
- Scrypt
- 70 seconds block time
- 49 coins per block
- Retarget every block using last 21 blocks average
- Trade confirmation: 3 (is this Ok?)
- Mint confirmation: 50 (is this OK?)
- Total number of coins approx 440,000,000 (7 Years) this doesn't add up until I explain the accelerated cash-flows features I want to help most smaller miners while also rewarding the big miners.
- fair start, no premine, no instamine
- port: Connection (I have no idea, help me with this).

All do-able. Tell me more about this VGB idea?

-----------------------------

Here's a few posts from me to him.  You tell me if you think it's all on the up and up or not cause I'm pretty naive.  

« Sent to: ProgrammerX on: July 12, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
Quote  Reply  Delete  

Ok, I'm sold, but what do you mean I can mine my own coin and ride the wave?  I can't premine, everyone would find out and ill be screwed.  I promised honesty so I can't premine.  I'll have to be happy with the 1% I get from mining.

I'll send you the parameters I know of and you can maybe help me choose the ones I'm clueless about.  I'm an economist (unemployed, lol) so I know little about C++.  Thanks again.

After I send you the parameters I want ill send you the feature inreallynwant to help the small miner, I call it the VGB protocol.  I hope people will like it csuse it will make mining for fun for everyone and reward smaller miners more on a. % relative basis.

-------------------------

Here's where I tried to hire ProgrammerY, another high rep programmer to help Programmer X just to make sure it got done right.   I doubt many people would spend double when one programmer says he can do the job.  That's how bad I wanted this coin to be done right.  I guess I had a bad feeling cause ProgrammerX  was confident he could do it in 24-48 hours.

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: ProgrammerY on: July 13, 2013, 12:37:56 PM »
Quote  Reply  Delete

If you can help him cause he said my ambitions are too much, I would do my best to pay the both of you.  Right now my biggest worry is wasting precious time or having my ideas stolen.  Please help me out and I will in turn help the both of you in anyway I can.

Please consider it, I'm a giving person and I try to be honest and never rip anybody off.  However you guys wanna do this I'm ok with it just please consider helping me out.

Right now you two are the only ones of the planet that know about my ideas.  Please don't do anything to ruin this for me.  It's a dream for me.  It may not mean much to you guys but it means the world to me.  I will support anyway you two wanna do this just please be fair with me and I will honor you both in turn.

Thanks and God bless!

------------------------------------

And finally, here's where I said, screw it, people are flipping out over just a 1% premine so just cancel It all.  Cancel all premine even the 1% which was for bounties to help develop the coin.  Unreal!!! My programmer works for me, why didn't he listen to me?  Now looking back its odd, like they wanted my coin to fail due to premine cause they said that was the only way for me to get paid cause it was too hard to lay me on a gradual basis like the polls showed people were ok with.  I now think I was lied to

« Sent to: Programmer X on: July 14, 2013, 07:05:18 AM »
Quote  Reply  Delete  

Ok.  I kept your name a secret.  Now everyone is flipping out about the 1% premine.  What's wrong with these people? How can I get paid if I put out a new coin? They expect devs to work for free.  This is why I wanted my 1% to pay me gradually but you said that's not possible.  I don't know how else then to get paid besides a premine cause these guys are freaking out.

Do you know any other legit way?  1% is nothing, i know devs earning way way More.  There's gotta be a way to get paid as a dev without this maddening circus. It makes me wanna quit but I feel this is a good new feature for the small guy, the miner which is who I am.

----------------------------

« Sent to: ProgrammermX  on: July 14, 2013, 07:29:37 AM »
Quote  Reply  Delete  

Listen, I'm battling with these selfish people.  I created a coin which would really help them out, the smaller the miner the better off they'll be yet they're ready to kill me for 1% premine.

And when they hear about roughly 440,000,000 million coins which means I'll get like 4.4 million they're go nuts.  I'm trying to talk to them but if that doesn't work I don't know what to do.

I thought 1% was so fair for helping level the field for millions of small miners but they're just haters.  But I want this coin to succeed.

That said, if I can't get them to understand then ill let you know to please remove my 1% premine too.  So I'm basically gonna work for free. I'm on these forums 16 hours per day but they don't care. I have 2 small kids but they don't care. I'll have to find another way later on to make some money cause it doesn't look like any premiering will work.

I'll keep talking to them but its looking bad so I'll let you know necker I go to bed.  Sorry for all this mess, I didn't expect to see such hate for 1% fee.

----------------------------

« Sent to: Programmer X on: July 14, 2013, 08:21:27 AM »
Quote  Reply  Delete  

Please take out the 1% along with the 5%. I can't believe how greedy and stupid people are.  I'm Bringing something new and I can't even make 1%.  Sorry.

---------------------------

« Sent to: Vlad2Vlad on: July 14, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Quote  Reply  Delete  
Hey I gave this a bit of thought and here's my 2 cents (if you want it, remember I'm neutral here, and the shellacking in the threads you've taken is why I mentioned hassle):

1: its YOUR coin, so fuck 'em. Seriously, pretty much every single alt-coin has been a pump and dump to make the owner some $ and why shouldn't it be? I don't see anything unethical about taking a small portion of the coins for yourself if nothing else to pay for additional development down the road with the coin (and you'll need to do that).

2: 1% is NOT unethical at all in my opinion as long as a portion of it goes back in to the project. We can set the blocks up however you want, if you'd like to make the rewards for blocks 100-5000 worth a bit more to spur early adoption, we can do that. If you'd like to increase the probability of hitting the VGB block, we can do that too.

3: SHUT UP. (ha, no, really). I don't mean to be mean, but for real, you gotta stop talking about your coins in threads before its even on the table. I know you solicited coin ideas from miners, leave it at that. There's NO CONSENSUS on this site and no matter how many "oh come on guise" threads you post, you'll always get someone who wants to talk shit on your coins, you, your family, etc. This is 100% the reason I have withdrawn any public offers to make coins and 100% the reason my coin creation policy is so rigid.

In the end remember, YOU chose to make the groups ideas in to something real, not the group. YOU get to drive the direction it goes in, not the group. Take their input with a grain or two of salt and you'll be just fine.

As for your coin, I propose this: 1% total premine in 2 blocks. Be upfront about it, offer half of the .5% (1.1M coins) immediately in a giveaway thread and give people 200+ coins each. Offer the other 1/2 of the .5 as bounties for pools, block explorers, and such, divide it up as you see fit but give the entire 1.1m away.

Save the other 2.2M coins for yourself, but post your address publicly so it can be examined via the block explorers and DON'T DUMP them the minute they hit an exchange. Better yet, save a few BTC and buy some of your own coins when they hit an exchange and or offer some % of your 2.2M for trades in to other alt's, perhaps with other coin owners as kind of an "investment" in each other's coins.

Ok, that's my 2 cents (8 cents worth really) and hopefully gives you some guidance. I have said enough and am ready to finish this coin. I'm going to stick with the 1% premine and you're going to send me some logos so I can get it off the development table in and to your hands.

--------------

I'm a newbie why wouldn't I resist respected programmer?  Why hasn't he fixed the problem he created with my coin but instead watches it die while blocking my email.  Why did he talk me into 1% and now days on,un half was premined?  Why, is that such a touch thing to code? I doubt it c

I got played.  He saw a threat, a popular coin and wanted to kill it.  He killed the main feature and then killed the bounties so is have no money to fix it and then allowed the code to show a full 1% so people would be conncjned I was sitting on 4.4 million coins when in fact he was the one holding them and giving them away and then he gave them to r3, which I OK'd, but when I asked r3 to give me the coins he refused and on,h sent me 100,000 coins and said he'd take care of the rest.

Since he quit, I got 1.6 million but I have a feeling there's a whole lot of stealing going in cause this makes no sense. A reputable programmer if he makes a mistake he fixes it ASAP,, he doesn't block hour address and watch your coin die while you paid him in full for it.

It looks like bitcointalk has become a brood of vipers where those with coins kills the smaller guys unfairly with lies and manipulation so they don't have any competition.

Programmer X, I'm being a man by giving you one last chance.  Fix the code you messed up and if you can't then give me my money back so I can hire someone else.

And I got slammed by everyone for premining 1% when you cleverly only mined .5% or did you?  I want all that was premined dissect its all I have to get this coin off the ground.  

You sir, have committed fraud and I'm giving you a chance to fix it like a man and no more will be said.  Please fix the errors you should have fixed the next day not the next week when my coin is dead.  You sir are without class or morals.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:46:57 PM

Quote  Reply  Delete  
Hey I gave this a bit of thought and here's my 2 cents (if you want it, remember I'm neutral here, and the shellacking in the threads you've taken is why I mentioned hassle):

1: its YOUR coin, so fuck 'em. Seriously, pretty much every single alt-coin has been a pump and dump to make the owner some $ and why shouldn't it be? I don't see anything unethical about taking a small portion of the coins for yourself if nothing else to pay for additional development down the road with the coin (and you'll need to do that).

2: 1% is NOT unethical at all in my opinion as long as a portion of it goes back in to the project. We can set the blocks up however you want, if you'd like to make the rewards for blocks 100-5000 worth a bit more to spur early adoption, we can do that. If you'd like to increase the probability of hitting the VGB block, we can do that too.

3: SHUT UP. (ha, no, really). I don't mean to be mean, but for real, you gotta stop talking about your coins in threads before its even on the table. I know you solicited coin ideas from miners, leave it at that. There's NO CONSENSUS on this site and no matter how many "oh come on guise" threads you post, you'll always get someone who wants to talk shit on your coins, you, your family, etc. This is 100% the reason I have withdrawn any public offers to make coins and 100% the reason my coin creation policy is so rigid.

In the end remember, YOU chose to make the groups ideas in to something real, not the group. YOU get to drive the direction it goes in, not the group. Take their input with a grain or two of salt and you'll be just fine.

As for your coin, I propose this: 1% total premine in 2 blocks. Be upfront about it, offer half of the .5% (1.1M coins) immediately in a giveaway thread and give people 200+ coins each. Offer the other 1/2 of the .5 as bounties for pools, block explorers, and such, divide it up as you see fit but give the entire 1.1m away.

Save the other 2.2M coins for yourself, but post your address publicly so it can be examined via the block explorers and DON'T DUMP them the minute they hit an exchange. Better yet, save a few BTC and buy some of your own coins when they hit an exchange and or offer some % of your 2.2M for trades in to other alt's, perhaps with other coin owners as kind of an "investment" in each other's coins.

Ok, that's my 2 cents (8 cents worth really) and hopefully gives you some guidance. I have said enough and am ready to finish this coin. I'm going to stick with the 1% premine and you're going to send me some logos so I can get it off the development table in and to your hands.

Nice manual for the prototypical pump&dump scamcoin.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:59:05 PM

Quote  Reply  Delete  

Nice manual for the prototypical pump&dump scamcoin.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

For a bonus, if you interpret the programmer's mis-steps as deliberate, it's a scammer getting scammed. (Though I think it's just more indicative of a rushed job for an uninspired coin.)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 02:06:36 AM

This thread used to be fun. Now its just really sad

PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:19:39 AM

I miss those carefree days... Sad

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 02:55:48 AM

So, Vlad.  You wanna buy my NUGs or what?

God told me you did...

the Dude, first, I'm gonna piss on your favorite rug for using God's name in vain but we'll skip the head in the toilet scene cause you're the Dude.

Secondly, how much, what do you want for the nugs.  How about a nug for your nugs.  lol

I'm trying to find some real programmers, you know, with bacherlor's degrees or a master's to help me add the features ProgrammerX couldn't add and resurrect Nuggets but that's gonna cost money.

Meanwhile I would like to buy as any nugget coins as possible but since they're not worth anything and I don't know when I'll have the money to hire real programmers it would have to be a really good deal for me cause I'm putting a rig together now with dual GPU's (again) to mine LTC and nuggets.

I wonder how many nugs I can get per hour or per day mining solo with like a dual 7850 Dual GPU and an 8 Core AMD 8350.

Can anybody comment?  TIA

Vivisector999

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:04:49 AM

Are you going to pay those programmers on an on-going contract 24/7???  Or just to fix your coin???

Because what happens 10 minutes later when someone decides to break it again?

As for how many nuggets you will be able to mine with a dual 7850,  The exact same number that you would be able to mine with your laptop.  As I am pretty sure you will be the only person mining, so you should get ALL of them.   Woohooo  440 million Nuggets all to yourself.  Your gonna be RICH!!!

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:16:53 AM

Paulica pula de sticla, there are mugshots of you in the wild. Assault is not cool, brother.

Self defense is still within my rights brother.  You never got in a fight some 25 years ago?  Big deal, that's all you got.

Show me the same guts I have - put your real name out here.  Coward.

No prob, I like you. But the "VGB" didn't work, and unfortunately they are not going to work anytime soon.

Can you let us know when are you going to dump?

you Romanian bro, you said the pula de sticla way too well.  ahahahaaa.

You've got my word as a man that I will not dump my shares.  Go back 3 months since I've been here and find just one single lie, it doesn't exist.  I have no reason to lie cause the real money to be made isn't in dumping these penny coins, whoopee, $5,000, what a joke, that's not money to me.  $100,000 is joke money, Ive lost that money betting on stock options.  When you get past $500,000 you're just starting to talk money, and no pump and dump will give you that, only long term can you make that and that's what I'm after....2-3 years and it won't be longer casue this is super digital high tech with nothing to build and the govt and banks want to fast forward it.  Hank on, cause even $500K is nothing, you can make $5 Million if you're ahead of the curve in the next 12-36 months.  And I'm not stupid to blow it for some lame pump and dump scheme which was actually pushed by these other idiots who are now hiding.

I will NOT sell my coins unless they reach at least $3 and that means the ETF  effect will be in full effect.

Unless this programmer X was so incompetent that he screwed up the VGB and didn't even try to fix it and never even contacted me to fix it but instead blocked my PM address for no reason whatsoever then I'm supposed to believe he's so incompetent that he also programmed a 1% preminne which was his idea as you'll see per his PM bu then he was too incompetent to only premine half that which he held on to and gave out supposedly 500,000 coins without my permission and then r3 held the rest of the coins against my will, when I demanded the coins back he refused and only the next day when they cleaned me out did he give me 1.6 million coins so now it looks like I used up or dumped 3 million coins.  These two are crooks and if they don't fix my coin I will trash their names and I will notify any authority currently in charge of internet scams and fraud.  Because according to their emails to me, I was their boss and they refused to give me my coins and they refused to do their jobs the way I told them to when I said ZERO premine, KILL all premine.  These two saw I had a popular coin and they too have their own coin so they wanted to kill my coin while making me look like a scammer.  

Problem is they didn't expect I'm the kind of guy that goes all the way.  See scammers don't post their real names and family albums and youtube vidoes on the internet.  Scammers use fake names and they disappear.  They messed with the wrong guy and all I want is for them to fix my coin and apologize so I can get some of my rep back cause if you read my emails to the programmer I wanted to do what was right for the people more than anything, more than making money, but he convinced me that a small premine was normal and good and only half would go to me so it would be ok and me being new and naïve I trusted him cause of his rep.  Little did I know he was only trying to protect his own coins and was only planning to destroy my coin and little reputation I had worked hard to build up as an honest guy.  Hell no I'm not going down this easy.  I have proof these two guys acted in their own self interest and ignored clear orders from me when I was their employer and then didn't even bother to fix the mistakes the programmer made, didn't even attempt to contact me to ask for more money if that was needed.

REad my emails exchange with Programmer X and tell me I didn't get played man.  Why hasn't he fixed the VGB protocol, he said it would be easy to do.  Why didn't he even contact me to tell me he'll need more time and money?  Why did he program the code for 1% premine and only half preminend, where's the other half?  Why did I not have access to the 1.6 million (what was left) of the premine until today if it was my coin and I was demanding it but r3 was refusing to send it to me.

I got gamed, they wanted to shut down my coin cause it was too popular.  They killed the bounty premine so I couldn't hire anybody to fix the VGB and without the VGB they knew this coind had no edge and I'd look like a liar.

These two bastards played me to kill my coin.

Programmmer X has until tomorrow at noon to fix my coin or I will report hit all over the place,  he has no idea who he's messed with and if he's incompetent then give me my money back and I will hire someone else.

PerfectAgent

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:22:20 AM

It wasn't the coin that was popular...

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:41:00 AM

STRAIGHT UP - I need the best programmer or hacker ASAP, right NOW and I'll pay you NOW but you have to have a great rep I can't get ripped off again.  Who can make VGB work ASAP if Programmer X doesn't do his job and fix his error by noon tomorrow in which case I'll expose him for what he is all over every crypto-blog on the internet?  Fix the mistake you made or return the money you took from me.  It's that simple and I'll let it go even though I'm certain you did this on purpose to protect your coin or to raise up a coin similar to mine.  But I'm not waiting until tomorrow,  I WANT THE BEST PROGRAMMER OR HACKER TO ATTACK THIS THING NOW AND FIX IT BY MORNING AND THEN I'LL DEAL WITH PROGRAMMMER-X. 

PLEASE - the best PROGRAMMER - it shouldn't take more than a few hours since it's mostly cut and paste and a hack job so the normal programmer couldn't fix his intentional sabotage.  Please list your price so I can pay you now and get started ASAP and I'll work out whatever deal with Programmer X later on.  Please list your price now but please be certain you can fix it, no more hack jobs like Programmer X.  Please, if you're the best on here I'll trust you but this won't be easy cause I think the guy purposely messed it up so the normal programmer wouldn't be able to fix it.  Please give me an answer ASAP and I can pay you NOW and you can get started right away.  Lots of people are waiting to mine their  miner's coin just as I promised them.  Please respond to this request ASAP.  Thank you!

Additional inquiries which makes no sense for those who know to hack or program.

if he didn't fix his mistake which has cost me so much in the little reputation I built up I will unleash all of his posts with his real name and I will take this to the global mods and admins out of which I know two and they will decice based on the money he took and the coin he destroyed while making me look like a scammer by coding a 1% preminne while really only half that was supposedly premined.

Does anybody know if a programmer can make it look like only half got premined while the whole thing got premined and then the guy maybe stole the other 2.2 million coins?  Cause when I simply asked what happened with the other 2.2 million and I asked nicely that was it, he blocked my PM, kind of odd for a guy who got paid to create a coin which he said would be easy if I left out the hard parts, which did, and he screwed up the best part, VGB and then the premine as well while I got so much heat for premining 1% when only half got premined and then the programmer gave away a huge chunk of it without even asking or telling me.

Is this how things are done on bitcointalk.org.  I pay for a coin and the programmer screws up my coin, doesn't fix it, banks my email address, and then plays santa with my coins?  ahahahaaa.  what a scammer this guys is.  This is fraud - this is prosecutable.

So here's the straight dope - this guy  wants my coin to die cause he's trying to protect his.  I want to know who here is good enough to go in and fix this guy's mess and then look to see if he really premined the other .5% cause I think he did otherwise why run from me when I didn't insult him once and on the contrary I've only said nice things about him.

Programmer X has until noon tomorrow and then I'm gonna wipe the floor with his name and reputation and all his emails will go out to everyone all the way to the top of bitcointalk.org and to every other website where I know plenty of mods.  It's simple, you messed up bittime and makde me look really bad - fix it or return the money and I'll be nice enough to let it go so I can focus on this coin.

But I need to get this coin up and running  ASAP - I've spent too many hours and money on this coin to let it die and people really wanna feel the fun rush of hitting that golden block....maybe this programmer is busy writing his own copy cat coin just like mine and wants mine to die before releasing his own.  I don't know but nothing about this makes any sense.

[

groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:21:41 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 04:55:47 AM by groll

easy to fix no need for expert: in main.cpp change the reward calculation
original code
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;

std::string cseed_str = prevHash.ToString().substr(8,7);
const char* cseed = cseed_str.c_str();
long seed = hex2long(cseed);

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);

if(rand > 50000 && rand < 50011)   
nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN; //The VGB Protocol Random 250x Block Award

if(nHeight == 1)
nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Public Wallet Premine

else if(nHeight == 2)
nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Coin Owner Premine

else if(nHeight < 249)
nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)

else if(nHeight > 250)
nSubsidy = 49 * COIN;   //Standard 49 Coin Reward

if(nHeight > 14726880) // no block reward after 7 years
      nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

new code

int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;

std::string cseed_str = prevHash.ToString().substr(8,7);
const char* cseed = cseed_str.c_str();
long seed = hex2long(cseed);

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);

if(nHeight == 1)
nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Public Wallet Premine

else if(nHeight == 2)
nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Coin Owner Premine

else if(nHeight < 249)
nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)

else if(nHeight > 250)
nSubsidy = 49 * COIN;   //Standard 49 Coin Reward

if(rand > 50000 && rand < 50011)   
nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN; //The VGB Protocol Random 250x Block Award

if(nHeight > 14726880) // no block reward after 7 years
      nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

so to fix move the 2 line from before the if to the bottom. since block reward in the block need to be lower then the value calculated +fees. all previous block are ok

thisis the verification for coin generation notice the > so any lower or equal pass only over are rejected
if (vtx[0].GetValueOut() > GetBlockValue(pindex->nHeight, nFees, prevHash))
        return false;

compile and distribute (sorry I can't do it I don't have M$ on my machine lol)

should probably be set in a if(nHeight > xxxx) to let user upgrade and not have rejected before the majority accept those blocks

no i don't want the programmer job of this coin
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 04:34:04 AM

250 blocks is like, 3 minutes or less, even if blocks come at only one per second, which is slow for an instamined-coin launch, that is far far far from being a "fair launch".

Unless the difficulty has been set properly?

I saw no mention of a reasonable start difficulty thus one can expect four blocks per second at lauch, a massive orphan-fest.

Will the 21 blocks average time between blocks change of difficulty be able to get it up to correct target time between blocks within only 250 blocks?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:40:56 AM

250 blocks is like, 3 minutes or less, even if blocks come at only one per second, which is slow for an instamined-coin launch, that is far far far from being a "fair launch".

I saw no mention of a reasonable start difficulty thus one can expect four blocks per second at lauch, a massive orphan-fest.

Will the 21 blocks average time between blocks change of difficulty be able to get it up to correct target time between blocks within only 250 blocks?

-MarkM-

i think it took about 24 hours to get to block 250.   it actually seemed pretty fair instamine wise, but mining for 24 hours for a 0 block reward wasnt for me
Vivisector999

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:47:28 AM

Lol, I was watching the entire thing, and you are the one that lost all the credibility for your coin.  Not the fact your superblocks didn't fire off.  Superblocks are nothing new.  Your VGB is nothing more then a superblock.  There is nothing different about them.  I could call the round things that your car rides on the Vivi protocol.  But they are still tires.

And as you can see, he accidently put the 1 step in the wrong location.  He didn't pull any evil commands to ensure it was never fixable.  Even when your coin is fixed, it will still be a joke, and no one will mine it.  You want to know why???  Because you don't have a full time programmer (You did, and you chose not to listen to his request to be quiet for a second and allow him to do damage control and get people actually interested in your coin).  You openly accused both Programmer X and R3WT of not being decent programmers, and were openly looking to replace R3WT while he was busy trying to save your coin, and fix the problem.   All because you don't have a freaking clue what is going on.

You also claim you were his boss, but I think everyone here saw you give him 50% and you said yourself that you were equals.  He stated he would give the premined coins away to get rid of people's hatred of the premine, and also as advertising to get people interested in your coin.  Plus even if he sent you 40 million nuggets.  Do you really think you could pay someone 40 million nuggets (Worth $0.000000 to fix your coin???)  

BTW even though your codes have been fixed for you, I know you don't have a clue how to implement them.  Lol, good luck finding someone to do that job for you now.  Lol, and if you do find someone, you will start replacing them as well, and running their name through the mud because again you don't understand why it can't be done immediately.

Wait a sec, did you just offer to pay a hacker to attack your coin???   LOL

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 04:50:05 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2013, 05:02:23 AM by markm

-MarkM-

i think it took about 24 hours to get to block 250.   it actually seemed pretty fair instamine wise, but mining for 24 hours for a 0 block reward wasnt for me

No no, that was from the totally broken everything, almost no one bothered to mine.

Of course paying zero is likely part of what is broken about it, but in general paying less for the first few minutes seldom stopped instamining from happening at four blocks a second or so, all it did was make people try to go through even more blocks per second to get to the minute the payouts would reach normal.

This thing was so utterly broken who the heck even bothered to compile or download a client for it let alone actually tried to mine it?

Almost no-one, that is why it was taking so long per block. Though I do not recall what the difficulty actually started at? Maybe it was a tiny token bit above zero like other scams that like to pretend they "tried" to do it right?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:57:36 AM

you can now buy and sell these bad boys at

http://iceycrypt.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
PerfectAgent

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:00:19 AM

How...? lmao

Oh well, time to dump em!

emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:05:32 AM

-MarkM-

i think it took about 24 hours to get to block 250.   it actually seemed pretty fair instamine wise, but mining for 24 hours for a 0 block reward wasnt for me

No no, that was from the totally broken everything, almost no one bothered to mine.

Of course paying zero is likely part of what is broken about it, but in general paying less for the first few minutes seldom stopped instamining from happening at four blocks a second or so, all it did was make people try to go through even more blocks per second to get to the minute the payouts would reach normal.

This thing was so utterly broken who the heck even bothered to compile or download a client for it let alone actually tried to mine it?

Almost no-one, that is why it was taking so long per block. Though I do not recall what the difficulty actually started at? maybe it was a tiny token bit above zero like other scams that like to pretend they "tried" to do it right?

-MarkM-

It did start at just above 0. After the 21st block the difficulty changed after every block. By the time it got to block 50 i think it had a difficulty of 2. And with block reward of 0 and the little hashing power i have i lost all interest.  
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:11:06 AM

It did start at just above 0. After the 21st block the difficulty changed after every block. By the time it got to block 50 i think it had a difficulty of 2. And with block reward of 0 and the little hashing power i have i lost all interest.  

Oh nice, okay that explains how a malicious large miner was able to drive difficulty way up really fast and strand it before it even reached paying blocks.

-markM-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: