Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22]  (Read 1152827 times)
samr7 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 430

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:12:29 PM

We'll never know wether or not it's valid Wink

It almost certainly is valid.  In theory, there are approx. 2^96 private keys that would fit.

So far RaTTuS seems to have set the bar for complexity with his public address.  Even though the prefix is only "1" + 6-characters, it's a 33-character address, and is much less common than a 34-character "1" + 7-character prefix.  To beat it, one would need to show:

• An address containing a 7-character or longer interior sequence, case-sensitive
  • A 34-character address with a "1" + 8-character prefix, case-sensitive
  • A 33-character address with a "1" + 7-character prefix, case-sensitive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:18:36 PM

The checksum matches?
Yes, otherwise it couldn't have received coins

It almost certainly is valid.  In theory, there are approx. 2^96 private keys that would fit.

So far RaTTuS seems to have set the bar for complexity with his public address.  Even though the prefix is only "1" + 6-characters, it's a 33-character address, and is much less common than a 34-character "1" + 7-character prefix.  To beat it, one would need to show:

• An address containing a 7-character or longer interior sequence, case-sensitive

Jackjack7eYNdGkbgUUrtKBraSWBUV5DJP (a "J" + 7-character prefix)
Draw Tongue

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:23:23 PM

The checksum matches?

Draw Tongue

Is that a valid bitcoin address?

Here's mine: 1Chocobogtn77Fw56kQvZmTVbkziCK4L24 (I go by Chocobo in other forums)
Another draw.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:30:04 PM

The checksum matches?

Draw Tongue

Is that a valid bitcoin address?

Here's mine: 1Chocobogtn77Fw56kQvZmTVbkziCK4L24 (I go by Chocobo in other forums)
Another draw.
For modified Bitcoin clients which accept higher address version (ie not for 99.9999% of the clients)
Valid for Namecoin and testnets though

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:25:01 PM

how do you do 64 bit builds on windows, when i build now i only get 32 bit binaries.

samr7 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:44:32 AM

how do you do 64 bit builds on windows, when i build now i only get 32 bit binaries.

With the MS tools, all you have to do is use the Visual Studio x64 Win64 build environment window.  Make sure all the dependencies are built/rebuilt for x64.  Then just build as normal.  If you're using Shining Light Productions OpenSSL, you might have to get the Win64 build.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:39:24 AM

umm
Address: 1xxxxxxxxU9UK2z7JaYhg6ky2HuRkoxKTU
Address: 1xxxxxxxxFpUTSFeDcHwAWmw78Emm4ncE

^ I've replaced eight of the 1st characters - why do I get different lengths on these generated ones?

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 11:47:04 PM

umm
Address: 1xxxxxxxxU9UK2z7JaYhg6ky2HuRkoxKTU
Address: 1xxxxxxxxFpUTSFeDcHwAWmw78Emm4ncE

^ I've replaced eight of the 1st characters - why do I get different lengths on these generated ones?

it appears 33 and 34 character addresses are valid with the 33 char address the more unusual tougher one?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 06:50:05 PM

Tested with both new and old with -S. Same thing happens on both: the probability cunts up, then goes away, and it just keep counting the # of completed attempts without ever finding anything.

Thank you Rassah!

I posted a binary of oclvanitygen with verification functions here.  Run it with the -vV flags to enable verification mode.  It should run extremely slow, maybe 20-30 Kkey/s.  If either the first or second kernel is producing incorrect results, it should produce copious output to your terminal.  If it does this, pipe the output to a file (>error.txt), post it to pastebin or such, and post the link.

This may not be enough to isolate the problem to a specific function.  In case it's not, I'm currently working on a more comprehensive test suite, one that provides device-side unit tests for the various bignum arithmetic primitives.

Sorry, I was out for a week. Running with -vV causes it to crash out. -S doesn't help; still crashes out.
Running without -vV and without -S dumps out a lot of stuff.
I posted the output here: http://pastebin.com/hxuenQ79
samr7 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:50:24 PM

Sorry, I was out for a week. Running with -vV causes it to crash out. -S doesn't help; still crashes out.

Most interesting!

Unfortunately, the crash was caused by stupidity on my part in the process of building it against 32-bit OpenSSL.  Here's a new one that has been tested with the CPU device.  Beware, the output goes to stderr now, so to get the output to a file, use oclvanitygen -d0 -vV 1 2>file.

As for the result you got, 3b4df4363caa9e3bd9da58020d3080be8230a4ae is indeed significant, it's the hash of the zero point.  At the very least, this validates that the hash functions are working.  Probably at least one zero is being introduced into the z_heap, and since the heap_invert function doesn't check for zeros, it's producing zero for all outputs.  If the validation output works this time, maybe the root cause will be clear.

If it doesn't crash this time and produces interesting results, would you also be willing to test it against the CPU device?

Thanks.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 04:40:13 PM

Most interesting!

Unfortunately, the crash was caused by stupidity on my part in the process of building it against 32-bit OpenSSL.  Here's a new one that has been tested with the CPU device.  Beware, the output goes to stderr now, so to get the output to a file, use oclvanitygen -d0 -vV 1 2>file.

As for the result you got, 3b4df4363caa9e3bd9da58020d3080be8230a4ae is indeed significant, it's the hash of the zero point.  At the very least, this validates that the hash functions are working.  Probably at least one zero is being introduced into the z_heap, and since the heap_invert function doesn't check for zeros, it's producing zero for all outputs.  If the validation output works this time, maybe the root cause will be clear.

If it doesn't crash this time and produces interesting results, would you also be willing to test it against the CPU device?

Thanks.

New one creates 26meg text files before finishing. I posted the first sections of each, cutting out the middle part.
file (-d0 -vV 1):  http://pastebin.com/PvcvCwKv
file (-d0 -vV 1cat): http://pastebin.com/YqGJtFcv
For the CPU one
file (-d2 -vV 1): http://pastebin.com/e88vBWFa

Hope that helps. It does't really mean anything to me Sad
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 01:10:13 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2011, 01:23:46 AM by deepceleron

The problem with this position is that the shorter address is random happenstance, not the goal or the defined problem. By that position I could say that my generated address 1CoinsLoLBY6o9khnW95MkbW2eEZQaxTRa beats it, by having eight characters that mean something, although that was also randomness and not something that was searched for. Or I could change my forum nick to 6o9, and say it has 13 digits.

If vanitygen had an option for finding only short addresses with a vanity phrase, then it would really be something to find a 25 character address with a word you searched for in it.

samr7 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:22:24 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2011, 02:39:53 AM by samr7

New one creates 26meg text files before finishing. I posted the first sections of each, cutting out the middle part.
file (-d0 -vV 1):  http://pastebin.com/PvcvCwKv
file (-d0 -vV 1cat): http://pastebin.com/YqGJtFcv
For the CPU one
file (-d2 -vV 1): http://pastebin.com/e88vBWFa

Thanks for posting that.  It's going to take a little more time to understand what's wrong.  For the first dump, the column array has the wrong value for column 0, which makes absolutely no sense.  Also the X/Y values produced for (0,0)-(0,31) are the expected values for (1, 32)-(1,63), which would suggest that somewhere, the pointer to the temporary result buffer is off by 8192 bytes.  I can't find any similarities on expected vs. produced Z values.  The second dump doesn't have any X/Y or Z similarities.  The zeros at the end are kinda interesting too, also suggesting a bad pointer somewhere.

I'm going to add a specific test case for column-major load/store of bignums, and give you something new to try.  Hang on and thanks again!

The problem with this position is that the shorter address is random happenstance, not the goal or the defined problem. By that position I could say that my generated address 1CoinsLoLBY6o9khnW95MkbW2eEZQaxTRa beats it, by having eight characters that mean something, although that was also randomness and not something that was searched for. Or I could change my forum nick to 6o9, and say it has 13 digits.

If vanitygen had an option for finding only short addresses with a vanity phrase, then it would really be something to find a 25 character address with a word you searched for in it.

Good points!

I guess it's possible to cheat like that.  Maybe we should adopt Boggle or Scrabble rules, with case-sensitive bonuses?  Perhaps forum handle inclusion should be limited to the beginning of a prefix?

Is a 25 character address even possible, short of having a long sequence of 1s?
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 03:07:33 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2011, 03:32:39 PM by deepceleron

So, does anyone else have/had an issue where olcvanitygen never finds a matching key, and just continues searching regardless of how easy the request is?

Same problem here on 0.17 binary / Win7 32 bit / 5770 / Catalyst 11.6/2.4 - it just searches without returning an address find, even with something simple like oclvanitygen.exe -d 0 1111. Safe mode does the same thing. 0.16 has the same problem, only it crashes compiling if you don't use safe mode.
rate5

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 11:16:43 AM

This is awesome, makes me wish I had something better then a old centrino laptop Tongue
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:09:08 PM

This is awesome, makes me wish I had something better then a old centrino laptop Tongue
Or you can ask somebody trustworkthy owning a rig
I.e. nobody Grin

RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:13:27 AM

I need a faster rig .... current one
50% in 17yrs3  Sad

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
rokh

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 06:51:52 PM

Quad-core desktop CPUs, 64-bit mode: 300-750 Kkey/s.
I get over 920 Kkey/s with my i7-920, not overclocked.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:33:12 AM

Any chance you could add a feature for generating SolidCoin addresses?

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 01:53:36 PM

Any chance you could add a feature for generating SolidCoin addresses?
Already done check the help

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 191 »
  Print  

Jump to: