Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 06:32:17 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22]  (Read 809068 times)
midnightlightning

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:05:16 PM

I've got an OpenCL error running oclvanitygen on a Mac (NVIDIA Geforce GT 120):

Code:
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES] : OpenCL Error : Failed to wait for events! Event 0 in waitlist failed. Out of resources
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_KERNEL] : OpenCL Error : Failed to wait for events! Event 0 in waitlist failed. Invalid kernel object
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_KERNEL] : OpenCL Error : Failed to wait for events! Event 0 in waitlist failed. Invalid kernel object
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Fatal Error : Finish caused an error that invalidated the queue (0x100321550). This may be  due to a resource allocation failure at execution time.
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Error : clCommandDispatch failed: flushing queue for blocking call.
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Error : clEnqueueMapBuffer failed: Invalid command queue
clEnqueueMapBuffer(0): CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE
Device: GeForce GT 120
Vendor: NVIDIA (1022600)
Driver: CLH 1.0
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Error : clEnqueueNDRangeKernel failed: queue (0x100321550) has been invalidated.
Version: OpenCL 1.0
clEnqueueNDRange(0): CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE
Max compute units: 140733193388036
Max workgroup size: 512
Global memory: 536870912
Max allocation: 134217728
Segmentation fault

A "Failed to wait for events" error; is this an OSX-specific OpenCL error, or have others run into this? How can I diagnose what is going wrong here?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
Available for hire: Graphic Design, Web Design/Development, iOS Development, Film Editing/Effects, 3D Modeling
OTC verified: 1MdniTEev3nr6hVPetFT4VT3iUGF9PN4r9
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 1792

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:16:12 PM

Are there going to be addresses that start with a 3?

Will the new version of vanitygen generate addresses that start with a 3 ?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:29:06 PM

A "Failed to wait for events" error; is this an OSX-specific OpenCL error, or have others run into this? How can I diagnose what is going wrong here?
My guess is that the kernel is only for AMD and the NVIDIA architecture isn't ideal for this kind of thing.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 03:30:59 PM

My guess is that the kernel is only for AMD and the NVIDIA architecture isn't ideal for this kind of thing.

Aye.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 1792

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 01:57:29 AM

Now this is strange.  When I tried some things work, some do not:

C:\downloads\www.bitcoin.org>vanitygen -F script 3Biteme

BUT 3Test does not work

BUT 3biteme does NOT work

BUT 3Biteme does work, etc.

Certain things work, others do not

Can someone explain this to me?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 02:16:14 AM

Now this is strange.  When I tried some things work, some do not:

C:\downloads\www.bitcoin.org>vanitygen -F script 3Biteme

BUT 3Test does not work

BUT 3biteme does NOT work

BUT 3Biteme does work, etc.

Certain things work, others do not

Can someone explain this to me?
Answered this in your other thread, but I'll repeat here.

The version "5" covers only the first half of 3-prefixed addresses. The rest are in version "6", with some confined to versions "4" and "7".
midnightlightning

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 04:21:28 PM

Agreed, but "isn't ideal" shouldn't equal "impossible"; I've got GPU-based miners running nicely on this machine, and I have seen previously in the thread other Mac users able to use their NVIDIA cards (so it's not "only AMD", though they had errors if they had a very low worksize parameter). Even if it's not ideal, I should be able to do better than the 600 Kkey/s I get with CPU processing of vanitygen on this box.

I can program in several languages, but OpenCL isn't one of them, so I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. Anyone with OpenCL experience able to tell me where I should start trying to solve this?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
Available for hire: Graphic Design, Web Design/Development, iOS Development, Film Editing/Effects, 3D Modeling
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 06:20:19 PM

Agreed, but "isn't ideal" shouldn't equal "impossible"; I've got GPU-based miners running nicely on this machine, and I have seen previously in the thread other Mac users able to use their NVIDIA cards (so it's not "only AMD", though they had errors if they had a very low worksize parameter). Even if it's not ideal, I should be able to do better than the 600 Kkey/s I get with CPU processing of vanitygen on this box.

I can program in several languages, but OpenCL isn't one of them, so I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. Anyone with OpenCL experience able to tell me where I should start trying to solve this?
It isn't impossible, it is just that no one has written a kernel for it.  Infact it is my understanding that nvidia performs so badly in this type of operation that work was abandoned on it years ago.  But I am not a miner and I could be wrong.

Here is a couple of links I found:
http://www.drdobbs.com/parallel/a-gentle-introduction-to-opencl/231002854
http://bit.ly/rEhjyO

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
samr7

Activity: 140

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:44:24 PM

Code:

Hi midnightlightning,

Sorry to hear it's having issues on your Mac.

How long did it run before you got this error message?  Did it make any progress?

Try running it with -v to get verbose output.

Unfortunately, I do not have any Apple hardware to test with, let alone do performance tuning.  Also, as near as I can tell, Apple has their own OpenCL stack that differs substantially from what one might find in the Catalyst or nVidia drivers on Windows/Linux.  So, you've hit kind of a sore spot right now.

I think you're right about it in this case.  A back-of-the-napkin calculation suggests that a GeForce GT 120M @ 500Mhz with 32 CUDA cores should be capable of an upper bound of 650 Kkey/s.

However, for the record, primary development work on the vanitygen OpenCL kernel has been done using a high-end nVidia card.  It runs a lot faster on AMD hardware, but the nVidia platform doesn't receive any less attention for that reason.
midnightlightning

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 08:38:21 PM

Sorry to hear it's having issues on your Mac.

How long did it run before you got this error message?  Did it make any progress?

Try running it with -v to get verbose output.

I think you're right about it in this case.  A back-of-the-napkin calculation suggests that a GeForce GT 120M @ 500Mhz with 32 CUDA cores should be capable of an upper bound of 650 Kkey/s.

Here's the full output; it doesn't seem to do any calculation before segfaulting:

Code:
$ ./oclvanitygen -d0 -v -i 1test
Prefix difficulty:             17606948 1test
Difficulty: 17606948
Max compute units: 4294967300
OpenCL compiler flags: -DDEEP_PREPROC_UNROLL
Loading kernel binary 2883e067f0d6d3d9b75e3f670239ca65.oclbin
Grid size: 1024x1024
Modular inverse: 2048 threads, 512 ops each
Using OpenCL prefix matcher
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES] : OpenCL Error : Failed to wait for events! Event 0 in waitlist failed. Out of resources

vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Fatal Error : Finish caused an error that invalidated the queue (0x10ab10620). This may be  due to a resource allocation failure at execution time.
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Error : clCommandDispatch failed: flushing queue for blocking call.
vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Error : clEnqueueMapBuffer failed: Invalid command queue
Segmentation fault

Though if your "back of the napkin" calculations are right, I get the same rate (600 Kkey/s) from using 16 threads on the two quad-core 2.26 GHz Xeons I've got in this Mac, so probably a moot point to get it working on the GPU.

As I mentioned, I have gotten GPU miners running on this machine, and they pull around 5 Megahashes/second. Is the address generation that much more complex that it gets one-tenth the speed (600 KKey/s ~= 0.6 MKey/s)?

unclemantis

Activity: 98

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:39:14 PM

Can we add the method for generating public addresses starting with the number 3 as well as 1?

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
samr7

Activity: 140

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:14:50 PM

Here's the full output; it doesn't seem to do any calculation before segfaulting:

Code:

Though if your "back of the napkin" calculations are right, I get the same rate (600 Kkey/s) from using 16 threads on the two quad-core 2.26 GHz Xeons I've got in this Mac, so probably a moot point to get it working on the GPU.

As I mentioned, I have gotten GPU miners running on this machine, and they pull around 5 Megahashes/second. Is the address generation that much more complex that it gets one-tenth the speed (600 KKey/s ~= 0.6 MKey/s)?

Hi midnightlightning,

I see, so it's not even getting started.

Try the following command line:

Code:
./oclvanitygen -d0 -v -b 128 -g 256x256 -i 1test

If it works, try increasing the grid size, maybe -g 512x512 or -g 512x1024, but stick to powers of two.  If it doesn't work, try an even smaller grid, maybe -g 128x128.  To tweak the performance, try different modular inverse batch sizes, maybe -b 64 or -b 32.  Also stick to powers of two for that value.

Oclvanitygen will try to automatically determine the best values for those parameters.  It's a hack right now that has only been tested extensively on large discrete GPUs with lots of dedicated memory.  It would make sense for it to get them wrong, and the whole mechanism might need to be re-examined.

Can we add the method for generating public addresses starting with the number 3 as well as 1?

Hi unclemantis,

This feature is implemented, but it's limited right now.  Here's a usage example:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -F script 3Love
Difficulty: 4553521
Pattern: 3Love                                                                 
P2SHAddress: 3Love2U8TrDhNZvdvNa5akVcizP2jNi7t5
Address: 1LFUpSr7qTXjtvJowCnD19tu8tBVKUXaRe
Privkey: 5JE2zrTLBUXNi8Rz7QVjNRj4r45Ghvqc7w2nVJHf1sHCVW9Qiw8

You can go ahead and import this private key, but you'll only get the 1LFUpSr7qTXjtvJowCnD19tu8tBVKUXaRe address in your address book, not the one that starts with the 3.  The next step is to select Help -> Debug Window, select the Console tab, and enter the following command:

Code:
addmultisigaddress 1 [\"1LFUpSr7qTXjtvJowCnD19tu8tBVKUXaRe\"]

(Yes, enter it verbatim including the backslashes)

Then you'll get the 3- address in your address book and can receive coins on it.

Make sense?

Currently oclvanitygen can't search for script addresses.  Also, in the future it may become possible to generate script addresses substantially faster by using embedded nonces, to the point that one can find 3- addresses with a few more characters of prefix than 1- addresses.
TYDIRocks

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:42:23 PM

I created a quick little app in .Net to import private keys without having to enter console commands since the current bitcoin-qt version doesn't have a debug window. Is anyone interested or should I just keep this to myself? :p

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
BkkCoins

Activity: 784

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 11:59:00 PM

I created a quick little app in .Net to import private keys without having to enter console commands since the current bitcoin-qt version doesn't have a debug window. Is anyone interested or should I just keep this to myself? :p
If it is easy to use then many people would love that. See this thread over here,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92080.0

Someone wanting an easy way to import private keys. You might want to create your own thread explaining how to use it and then direct him to yours to try it. You should probably do something to give confidence it's not a trojan as otherwise people should be leary.

TYDIRocks

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:58:23 AM

If it is easy to use then many people would love that. See this thread over here,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92080.0

Someone wanting an easy way to import private keys. You might want to create your own thread explaining how to use it and then direct him to yours to try it. You should probably do something to give confidence it's not a trojan as otherwise people should be leary.

Thanks, do you think this section is the appropriate place to post it?

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
BkkCoins

Activity: 784

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 01:10:42 AM

Thanks, do you think this section is the appropriate place to post it?
Probably, I guess. If not then it may get moved. You may want to start in the general discussion board as it's probably not very technical and of more general user interest. And if the mods don't like it there they'll move it here. But more people will notice it there. Either way we shouldn't continue in this thread.

TYDIRocks

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:34:05 AM

Yup I have released the program here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161.0 (no means of hijacking your thread samr7)

unclemantis

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 04:20:24 AM

Code:

Hi midnightlightning,

I see, so it's not even getting started.

Code:

If it works, try increasing the grid size, maybe -g 512x512 or -g 512x1024, but stick to powers of two.  If it doesn't work, try an even smaller grid, maybe -g 128x128.  To tweak the performance, try different modular inverse batch sizes, maybe -b 64 or -b 32.  Also stick to powers of two for that value.

Oclvanitygen will try to automatically determine the best values for those parameters.  It's a hack right now that has only been tested extensively on large discrete GPUs with lots of dedicated memory.  It would make sense for it to get them wrong, and the whole mechanism might need to be re-examined.

Hi unclemantis,

This feature is implemented, but it's limited right now.  Here's a usage example:

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -F script 3Love
Difficulty: 4553521
Pattern: 3Love                                                                 
P2SHAddress: 3Love2U8TrDhNZvdvNa5akVcizP2jNi7t5
Address: 1LFUpSr7qTXjtvJowCnD19tu8tBVKUXaRe
Privkey: 5JE2zrTLBUXNi8Rz7QVjNRj4r45Ghvqc7w2nVJHf1sHCVW9Qiw8

You can go ahead and import this private key, but you'll only get the 1LFUpSr7qTXjtvJowCnD19tu8tBVKUXaRe address in your address book, not the one that starts with the 3.  The next step is to select Help -> Debug Window, select the Console tab, and enter the following command:

Code:
addmultisigaddress 1 [\"1LFUpSr7qTXjtvJowCnD19tu8tBVKUXaRe\"]

(Yes, enter it verbatim including the backslashes)

Then you'll get the 3- address in your address book and can receive coins on it.

Make sense?

Currently oclvanitygen can't search for script addresses.  Also, in the future it may become possible to generate script addresses substantially faster by using embedded nonces, to the point that one can find 3- addresses with a few more characters of prefix than 1- addresses.

This doesn't work for vanitygen-0.19-win

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
midnightlightning

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 05:21:55 PM

Code:

Grids of 256x256, 128x128, and 32x32 all segfault in the same way as the original:

Code:
$ ./oclvanitygen -d0 -v -b 128 -g 32x32 -i 1test
Grid size: 32x32
Modular inverse: 8 threads, 128 ops each

vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Fatal Error : Finish caused an error that invalidated the queue (0x10041d070). This may be  due to a resource allocation failure at execution time.
Segmentation fault

unclemantis

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:27:44 PM

Code:

Grids of 256x256, 128x128, and 32x32 all segfault in the same way as the original:

Code:
$ ./oclvanitygen -d0 -v -b 128 -g 32x32 -i 1test
Grid size: 32x32
Modular inverse: 8 threads, 128 ops each

vg_ocl_context_callback error: [CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Fatal Error : Finish caused an error that invalidated the queue (0x10041d070). This may be  due to a resource allocation failure at execution time.
Segmentation fault

It crashes on a DLL.

Perhaps I will try the LINUX version Smiley Thank you for the help!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.