Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:13:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:44:27 PM

Social media bounties have a tendency to turn into unnecessary and unwanted spam. It has been my experience that his type of campaign may in fact be detrimental to its success.  If the project is good, it will be picked up by social media on its own merit.

What do you suggest as distribution method than?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
IBuyCoins

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:45:07 PM

If STONE is Private, Instant, Feeless, Secure, with Quantum Resistance & Smart Contracts it will be the Holy GRAIL of currency. Lots of potential.

Not really. Smart contracts would just add bloat that is by no means necessary. The holy grail of currency is private, instant, feeless and quantum resistant. Leave smart contracts to other coins that are built for those.

Must quote this.

my mouse is ready to click some captchas!

And this!

Looks like the idea of a privacy oriented XRB is interesting a lot of people. OP looks like he's not serious. How about we find devs to create the coin ? I am pretty sure some people on this thread or in the crypto community have the necessary skills to do what OP is saying he wants to do.

I do not quote this. OP has still to show us anything but for sure he deserves a little of confidence.

When he'll show us some GitHubs and stuffs it would be more clear and we would love to. Premises are really good.[/b]

Please OP, make sure you prepare stuffs for getting ready-listed at good exchanges. BitGrail and Mercatox are a mess. My Java suggestion to make clients do the job their side, like many web miners around nowadays, would be great I think.

Faucet distribution is democratic too I bet, even if audio ones are cheatable so I would avoid them. Social (Twitter) bounties are good too imho.

Well, let's see what happens. I sincerely wish OP is serious.
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Super interested in this project. Would love to help out if i can!
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:20:11 PM

I remembered scam thread ZETH.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802128.0

It will be difficult to gain trust unless a working code is posted.
CryptoBolton

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:33:44 PM

Too many newbie and brand new accounts in this thread.. The dev hasn't answered any technical questions.. I would never donate in something like that. My feeling is this is a scam.
Don't be biased. Newbie accounts doesn't mean nothing. Also it's not compulsory you date just sit back and watch the project unfold. Don't call it a scam yet. If the Dev is serious and dedicated I'm sure you will be glad being here at the end.

Still, red flags eveywhere. No safe way to donate, no technical questions close to answered, nothing to go off of. I love this idea so I really hope the dev is serious.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:37:23 PM

There are no good reasons NOT to use escrow

he would get a lot more donations if he did he knows this.

So what good reason not to use it??

BENBTC from ZETH pulled the same idea?HuhHuhHuh

Combine eth and zcash - take the latest fad and add anon

That dev has some reasonable knowledge but will never produce any work and will walk with the BTC.

I would like a reasonable answer from this dev why he will not use escrow?

fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:47:44 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 09:01:52 PM by fracas

Too many newbie and brand new accounts in this thread.. The dev hasn't answered any technical questions.. I would never donate in something like that. My feeling is this is a scam.
Don't be biased. Newbie accounts doesn't mean nothing. Also it's not compulsory you date just sit back and watch the project unfold. Don't call it a scam yet. If the Dev is serious and dedicated I'm sure you will be glad being here at the end.

Still, red flags eveywhere. No safe way to donate, no technical questions close to answered, nothing to go off of. I love this idea so I really hope the dev is serious.

Which part of "you don't have to donate until you see some real code in GitHub" is not enough clear?

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Elated

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:14:20 PM

Social media bounties have a tendency to turn into unnecessary and unwanted spam. It has been my experience that his type of campaign may in fact be detrimental to its success.  If the project is good, it will be picked up by social media on its own merit.

What do you suggest as distribution method than?

My personal preference would be some sort community action initiative where people actually contribute to the whole (and by this I mean the entire global community and not just the Stone one). This would include effectively helping others around the world in any way possible. Provide guidance to people who are unable to currently get in in terms of blockchain education (centered around Stone?). He'll. Make a friend and exchange jokes. Anything that will make the other's day a bit more pleasant. Contribute to charitable causes (I don't mean financially) organized by crypto (Pink, Doge?).

Cumulatively, I'm sure we can come up with something worthwhile for all sides involved that will have lasting effect. Madly tweeting nonsense to get a tweet count up is not positive.
fracas

Multiversum

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:14:37 PM

This project (STONE) has been linked in this great article:
- https://hackernoon.com/iota-vs-raiblocks-413679bb4c3e

Please dev make it live!

felixando (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 137
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:32:36 AM

If STONE is Private, Instant, Feeless, Secure, with Quantum Resistance & Smart Contracts it will be the Holy GRAIL of currency. Lots of potential.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, for now i am just working towards privacy, after that milestone has been completed i will reevaluate the project and add new ideas in the roadmap as myself and the community see fit.

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?
Can you please answer my question?

Someone has already answered your questions in a previous post, but Stone is not based on IOTA, but on RaiBlocks, Colin LeMahieu's creation (https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki)

felixando

The dev speaks!

I do  Wink

I usually reply once a day, to all PM's and posts.

This is definitely on my watchlist. Care to give more details about yourself (or dev team) before I can donate?

Hi there, there is just myself working on this project, there is a little bio a few pages back  Smiley i can tell you i'm dedicated to the project and will deliver a working product, i recommend you wait until something substantial before you decide to donate, if you feel uneasy.

interesting Wink
Update us from Twitter.

@felixando

Hi, i don't have a Stone project twitter just yet, id be hesitant to advertising the project until there is an initial release.

Thank you, i appreciate your support!

Well, are you single Dev, if yes, full time or side project. Any timeline when this will launch?

This is a full-time project, being worked on by only myself,  projected completion date would be ~2 months away, at that stage it would still not be a 100% finalized product.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, for now i am just working towards privacy, after that milestone has been completed i will reevaluate the project and add new ideas in the roadmap as myself and the community see fit.

Iota is still beta. The Iota Tangle is not stand alone, the Tangle is controlled by coordinators, and the coordinators are controlled by the Iota foundation. Who will control the coordinator of your project? You alone, a community, foundation or a company?
Can you please answer my question?

Someone has already answered your questions in a previous post, but Stone is not based on IOTA, but on RaiBlocks, Colin LeMahieu's creation (https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki)

felixando

The dev speaks!

He always answers most of the questions at least once a day. This is not the first time he answered questions.

Correct!

launching a website soon or anything like that?

Hi, not just yet! the community is welcome to assist, but for now ill focus on the main feature, the code, the release.

He always answers most of the questions at least once a day. This is not the first time he answered questions.

That is correct, i'm on usually once per day to answer as many PM's and posts as possible. Apologies if i'm short, there are alot of PM's!

He hasn't answered even a single one of my questions. Mainly regarding the fact that zkSNARKs is resource-heavy and will remove the speed of rai from the characteristics. He would have have to use recursive zkSNARKs.

Hi Kencha77, yes zkSNARKs can be rescource heavy, of course no where near as heavy as STARK's, from my calculations, at most we will see 600ms delay time's ONLY on private transactions, which in the grand scheme of things, is comparably zilch.

I am sure progress will come. Dev cannot always be here to answer. He is preparing the coin!

Anyway I am with you guys:
- no airdrops to XRBs older and not to donors too (it would become unfair or an ICO). Faucet is still a fair system.

Moreover in setting up exchange or make other exchanges to support the coin i suggest this approach:
-"Computing hash on client side for exchanges" - https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7k0tmc/computing_hash_on_client_side_for_exchanges/

This would dramatically decrease downtimes or overloads and exchange wouldn't have to invest in GPUs to keep STONE market up. This would be better also for privacy procedures computing.

That's rather interesting! having a little read now, thankyou.

I like the idea. I'll donate once there is some proof this isn't a scam.

Thank you, please wait for the first release! Smiley

DEV,

You have a great idea, myself, and many others in this thread are eagerly awaiting a chance to participate in the STONE project, especially coming off the back of the recent XRB hype and recognition as the top contender for a p2p currency. HOWEVER, I've read through the entire thread and you haven't addressed a single person with regards to a safe way to donate so we can participate with peace of mind that we aren't getting scammed.
I understand you are potentially working on the code, but you are addressing the same questions by different people but leaving the important ones out.

PLEASE give us a response regarding escrow. Give us the final leg of confidence we need to feel comfortable in helping this awesome idea. IF you really cared about bringing a true decentralized anon currency that helps your every day person, it would show that you want to do something meaningful with your talents, and help benefit the world, so start here by giving your future users what they want. At least respond.

With your 13 years exp for fortune 200 companies you should have better communication skills.

Think i speak on behalf of the entire thread here when I say I look forward to your (hopefully) positive response.

Your opinion is respected, and i understand your frustration, however donations are not mandatory, they are donations, no one needs to donate, and if you are unsure of the project i urge you to please wait until the first release.

Looks like the idea of a privacy oriented XRB is interesting a lot of people. OP looks like he's not serious. How about we find devs to create the coin ? I am pretty sure some people on this thread or in the crypto community have the necessary skills to do what OP is saying he wants to do.

I'm unsure how i come across as not serious, but i assure you i am very serious about this project.

my mouse is ready to click some captchas!

Sorry not this time!

Not really. Smart contracts would just add bloat that is by no means necessary. The holy grail of currency is private, instant, feeless and quantum resistant. Leave smart contracts to other coins that are built for those.

You are correct, smart contracts would bloat the system to some extent, but to every problem there is a solution, with time of-course.

let's see how the project will develop further, but there are some suspicions due to the fact that there are really many newcomers who are ready to invest and support the project right from the first message on the forum.

What you must understand is that millions of new users have just surged into crypto, not only crypto but also exchanges and anything bitcoin/altcoin related, i d really hope i would have better things to do with my time than sit and create hundreds of bitcointalk account and support myself  Lips sealed if you look further into these accounts you will realize this is not the only thread they have commented on. Thank you for your support anyhow.

You are correct sir, which is why i have been racking my brain to figure out a a fair, spam-less, community friendly method of distribution.

This project (STONE) has been linked in this great article:
- https://hackernoon.com/iota-vs-raiblocks-413679bb4c3e

Please dev make it live!

Thats impressive, thank you for linking me with that. will do my best!

Thank you all who have supported and commented, i will say one thing; please try to stay non-fixated on only distribution, distribution is only one small part of this project, have faith that i will sort it out in a fair and equal manner, with confirmation of the community. For now the code is closed source. If anyone is feeling uneasy about the project, but wish to be a part, please wait until i have a alpha wallet up and running for you to use on the testnet.

In other news i will eventually need a splash screen for the wallet (not that i'm saying the wallet is near ready) so if any graphic designers would like to try there luck at a Stone logo as a splash screen, please be my guest!

Stone -  RaiBlocks Fork with privacy features - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2581762
rmyg5907

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:45:48 AM

it's a good concept as I see.
I think we need more detail about the coin distribute,
for the power community,I think give it to the guys who was  useful for the community was important.
the SEM project was successful to do this,How about hold a signature airdrop to made it popular?
PrinceOfPersia711

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:42:42 AM

Hey Felixando,

I made a donation towards development of this amazing project.
Here is my tx id:
https://blockchain.info/tx/dc02ed181a6c79a5f6ed191252d4c43574dacf3639244f552e5c877c9a83d178

I will make another donation when there is some progress Smiley
rumpel_tusk

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:03:25 AM

Hey Felixando,

I made a donation towards development of this amazing project.
Here is my tx id:
https://blockchain.info/tx/dc02ed181a6c79a5f6ed191252d4c43574dacf3639244f552e5c877c9a83d178

I will make another donation when there is some progress Smiley
Quite the donation for a project that has very little concrete information yet.
ahfx

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:05:15 AM

Hi Felixando,

Long time lurker, I am now registered because of this thread.

I just have one question that I haven't seen answered in your other replies. As the project grows (after the initial ~2month release) do you plan on bringing on more devs? Will you open source the code? This seems like an ambitious for one person.
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:50:50 AM

Share more info about you/your code  ,please.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
xapwxrm5742

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:04:32 AM

it looks only 1 dev?
you know,the project should be manage by a team but not just one guy.
it 's too much work to do,update the code,spread it in the market,make it trade in exchange.
the project would be too late to finished those.
CoinFreedom

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:13:26 AM

@Felixando

Have you worked on the XRB project in the past? If so, are you the one who decided to split and do his own thing when they cancelled the faucet?
Do you know Colin personally?

Dev says he answers questions and PMs every day but it's been a week and he has ignored mine so far.
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:19:17 AM

When i can start click the faucet?
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 07:45:12 AM

We have donated some ETH, details sent in PM.

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
susu

Activity: 174

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:54:58 AM

How to determine the distribution of the project's success or failure, you can tap the first try?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: