Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 09:51:56 PM

I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Thank you for making these accounts, website looks great, graphics are really good.
Will promote Stone more as we progress here.

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:55:42 PM

felixando:
Also - this is a bit beyond my knowledge, but for zkSnarks do you need an initial setup?
ZCASH - this is one of the big flaws:
https://z.cash/blog/the-design-of-the-ceremony.html

It's kind of "hand-wavy" and very concerning for the currency itself. It doesn't seem like it's concern for privacy, though, but could be used to generate counterfeit currency.

"The problem is, if an attacker were to get a copy of that corresponding private key, they could use it to create counterfeit Zcash. That is the only harm they could do with it — they could not violate anyone else's privacy nor steal other people's Zcash."

Thoughts?

EDIT: On a second thought, this probably wouldn't be an issue for DAG due to no-mining scenario?

"If someone had access to the secret randomness used to generate these parameters, they would be able to create false proofs that would look valid to the verifier. For Zcash, this would mean the malicious party could create counterfeit coins. To prevent this from ever happening, Zcash generated the public parameters through an elaborate, multi-party ceremony. To learn more about our parameter generation ceremony and see the precautions we’ve taken to prevent the secret randomness essential to Zcash from being exposed (e.g. computers being blowtorched), visit our Paramgen page. To learn more about the math behind the parameter generation protocol, read our blog post or whitepaper on the topic."

https://z.cash/technology/zksnarks.html
PerfectCoinSeeker

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:07:11 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 10:19:02 PM by PerfectCoinSeeker

I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Thank you for making these accounts, website looks great, graphics are really good.

Thank you! I tried my best to incorporate many underlying meanings within the icon and graphics, while trying to keep it rock solid simple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed_acyclic_graph
roberval123

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:14:57 PM

Hi Dev,

Make this minable please!
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:23:46 PM

Hi Fonship - i received your message but just hit this:
"You have exceeded the limit of 1 personal messages per hour. Buying a Copper membership may increase your limit."

I will respond in an hour.

Got you message, no hurry, celebrate your new year , we will keep talking :-)

selling sushistake.com, send offers
cryptopathshala

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:25:19 PM

Thank you! I tried my best to incorporate many underlying meanings within the icon and graphics, while trying to keep it rock solid simple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed_acyclic_graph

Well that is some insane detailing from your side. Awesome work.

Crypto Pathshala ¦ Blockchain Ninja Warriors-Here  (https://instagram.com/cryptopathshala/)
Helping People to Make Informed Decision
coinnoob12

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:25:59 PM

I'm really looking forward for this project. I've invested in Raiblocks and love to see how it can be improved.

Im waiting for my SEPA to go through, then I'll donate a few € of ETH. That's sadly all I can spare atm.

- Also happy Newyear and greetings from Germany! -
Kakkuja

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:32:30 PM

I made an icon for Stone. What do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/gf23z
moneroguru

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:33:15 PM

We should see some details on the cost of privacy (it certainly increases transaction size, but private by default would be really nice for this project).
officebuilding

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:44:11 PM

I made an icon for Stone. What do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/gf23z
I like it's simplicity - I think "stone" when I look at it. Nice job!
moneroguru

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:47:33 PM

couple pages back, someone proposed these:
https://image.ibb.co/kdhzpw/stone_icon.png

which i think is used in the page.
moneroguru

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:20:57 AM

fonship: can you ping me over the email i sent you, or from the one in profile? I keep hitting 2 messages/day or /hour limit.
witzowitz

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:40:31 AM

I've been a Monero fan for a while now and have been loving seeing RaiBlocks surge in popularity recently as well. Both are things that I can get behind philosophically as well as having proven to be good investments. Seeing my favourite features from both in one project is music to my ears. Will be following this one closely.
roy92

Activity: 224
Merit: 105

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:08:14 AM

I realy like this project. However, we need a bounty thread soon to make it more popular and build a community around it.

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:48:09 AM

Hello felixando, I'm watching with interest!

My technical knowledge is very limited, but if you need someone to bounce ideas off, go ahead Smiley

Some questions I have:

felixando:
Also - this is a bit beyond my knowledge, but for zkSnarks do you need an initial setup?
ZCASH - this is one of the big flaws:
https://z.cash/blog/the-design-of-the-ceremony.html

It's kind of "hand-wavy" and very concerning for the currency itself. It doesn't seem like it's concern for privacy, though, but could be used to generate counterfeit currency.

"The problem is, if an attacker were to get a copy of that corresponding private key, they could use it to create counterfeit Zcash. That is the only harm they could do with it — they could not violate anyone else's privacy nor steal other people's Zcash."

Thoughts?

EDIT: On a second thought, this probably wouldn't be an issue for DAG due to no-mining scenario?

This is an interesting question. I'm pretty sure that RSA needs a ceremony one way or another. Do you plan to use the results of the ongoing ceremony 2.0 over at Zcash? That looks like it may be a way to go. (I also like the idea to use a botnet, but this isn't exactly ethical…).

Monero has this built-in ability to add a short tag/message to a TX, which is supposed to help identify the TX for the receiver. I think this is kinda neat. In addition to Moneros basic utility as a means of identification, in a DAG scenario, this might be used as a built-in ultra-private messenger, which could be very interesting, I think.

Do you plan to add more people to your team at some point? I think most coins with small dev teams suffer from a kind of "technical centralization", which can lead to problems in some cases.

Regarding distribution models:

There is a reason why there is no standart procedure for this. Every Airdrop model suffers from some flaw, be it the "rich getting richer" thing or be it that sign-up lists are easy to spam with multiple sockpuppet entries. In the end, you will make some people unhappy and others happy. I kinda like the Byteball approach, although I think that such a long distribution phase adds no value to the tokens or the process. Something like that; having an Airdrop based on holdings at a given time, but with the need to sign up somewhere looks like a way to go.
And if you are afraid of "Big Fish" getting a bgger piece of the cake, consider this: a) If they signed up proactively, they are somewhat interested in your project, b) they somehow managed to get the funds they hold, so c) they might be interested and able to make your coin go up (if that is of importance to you).

Anyway, looks like you are going in an interesting direction here. Good luck and a happy new year Wink

MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:57:15 AM

Happy new year all.

To yours and Stone's success in 2018
blockchainben

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:31:14 AM

Yes there are a lot of noobs on here (myself included) - however always remember that everyone was a noob at some point.  Some just were noobs a while ago.  As for distribution, giving a whole heap of coins to people simply because they already have a holding of a certain coin doesn't seem like a way to build a new community/idea/way of doing thing.  It just means that again the people who were noobs at an earlier time will be rewarded for it again (the rich get richer etc)

Could be a mix of semi random things.  Everyone who has commented on this thread by a set date (end of january) gets 10,000, every donator over $50USD equivilent gets 100,000 extra.  Then the remainder up to 30% (or something) of total get split up based on the size of the donations (so the whale with 1 btc gets a hefty reward, but the lowly 0.1 ETH gets a bit extra too).  The the remaining pool is split up with some random drop etc.  Just thoughts
Elated

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:38:26 AM

Wholeheartedly agree with the above sentiment. Those with nothing must be given an opportunity to get in. Most of us begin with nothing but it was easy to get coins of all kinds freely (faucets, mining on company machines, etc).  This is really no longer the case. It'd be nice to give those who have a keen interest in crypto but not necessarily the means as fair a shot as anyone.
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:46:02 AM

You could do an airdrop similar to Decred, the airdropped if you had an “online business presence”
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:52:38 AM

Wholeheartedly agree with the above sentiment. Those with nothing must be given an opportunity to get in. Most of us begin with nothing but it was easy to get coins of all kinds freely (faucets, mining on company machines, etc).  This is really no longer the case. It'd be nice to give those who have a keen interest in crypto but not necessarily the means as fair a shot as anyone.

Bitcointalk wholeheartedly welcomes new comers here the only problem is there are a lot of newbie here are dummy accounts which will used for signature campaign bounties later on. There are many signs to tell that an account is dummy or not
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: