Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:10:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 195 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRESALE]⭐ REPU ⭐ - Smart reputation managment - Pre-ICO Soon🚀🚀  (Read 19245 times)
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:57:38 PM

You can rate everything, food, hardware, hotels, shops, sellers, etc, etc.
So I think they need some partnerships with the famous restaurant/hotel critics or something like that to attract more people.
I dont really know about them, but there are people like that in some movies (about hotel or restaurant).

Partnering with other reputation systems would be a strengthening of a competitor, it would be better to seek a similar service provider outside of Blockchain, this would show to many who still can not meet, the potential of Repu and everything that will be provided by this

Do you know any competitor outside the blockchain world? I think i havent heard of any so far. There was another rating project but it was blockchain based.

I believe the Chinese gov was working on their own rating system of some sorts, bit how trustworthy/useable would that be

I think they are really making something similar to black mirror not repu.

Chinese government likes to control its citizens so they are trying to make excellent monitoring/rating systems, I think system like REPU can be an example for these people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bolovich

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:00:58 PM

So I think they need some partnerships with the famous restaurant/hotel critics or something like that to attract more people.
I dont really know about them, but there are people like that in some movies (about hotel or restaurant).

Partnering with other reputation systems would be a strengthening of a competitor, it would be better to seek a similar service provider outside of Blockchain, this would show to many who still can not meet, the potential of Repu and everything that will be provided by this

Do you know any competitor outside the blockchain world? I think i havent heard of any so far. There was another rating project but it was blockchain based.

I believe the Chinese gov was working on their own rating system of some sorts, bit how trustworthy/useable would that be

I think they are really making something similar to black mirror not repu.

Chinese government likes to control its citizens so they are trying to make excellent monitoring/rating systems, I think system like REPU can be an example for these people.
I think that what Chinese goverment wants to do has nothing to do with the objective pursued by REPU.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:02:22 PM

The Repu token was invented to give people a reason to give ratings. People usually vote on the extreme ends. It's either a perfect 5 stars or it totally blows. Is the Repu token reward going to be worth enough that people also bother with meh ratings? And even then how are you going to compensate for the extreme ratings?

Extreme ratings are part of the process. It is taking the average of all votes. So even every vote is extreme it will make an average point around somewhere logical.

There should also be some more complex logic in play but, in general the system will need lot of data to calibrate

It's really interesting how complex the topic is. Fake ratings, extreme ratings etc. I'm beginning to understand why there is no demo yet.
That's true. Here I want to state some points which I think will be important for them to achieve good unbiased ratings which are objective.
Everybody has his/her own preferences which lead to errors in the rating process.
If you look at politicians, for example, you will not give a politician a good rating if he represents another ideology than you believe in. To overcome this issue the devs should do their best to remind the people that they should be as objective as possible.
Another thing is that you have to consider what the aim of a rating is. Ratings for people or crypto projects are always biased. Look at Cardano. Some people say it will replace etherium in the near future. But others don't agree with them. Some even say that they are scammers which isn't the case.

mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 08:20:10 PM

This idea is very good. if to enter into agreements with world-famous critics, this will inspire more confidence in customers about spravedlivosti assessments on this platform

What about using REPU as a general hub for all kinds of reviews, hotels restaurants,books,movies or else? like imdb ratings, booking.com ratings in one app?
repu can be applied to virtually any industry such as hotels, social networks, restaurants, books, films, ico ratings, trading, industrial productions, the possibilities are practically endless, i believe that repu will be able in future to make prestigious partnerships
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:27:11 PM

The Repu token was invented to give people a reason to give ratings. People usually vote on the extreme ends. It's either a perfect 5 stars or it totally blows. Is the Repu token reward going to be worth enough that people also bother with meh ratings? And even then how are you going to compensate for the extreme ratings?

Extreme ratings are part of the process. It is taking the average of all votes. So even every vote is extreme it will make an average point around somewhere logical.

There should also be some more complex logic in play but, in general the system will need lot of data to calibrate

It's really interesting how complex the topic is. Fake ratings, extreme ratings etc. I'm beginning to understand why there is no demo yet.
That's true. Here I want to state some points which I think will be important for them to achieve good unbiased ratings which are objective.
Everybody has his/her own preferences which lead to errors in the rating process.
If you look at politicians, for example, you will not give a politician a good rating if he represents another ideology than you believe in. To overcome this issue the devs should do their best to remind the people that they should be as objective as possible.
Another thing is that you have to consider what the aim of a rating is. Ratings for people or crypto projects are always biased. Look at Cardano. Some people say it will replace etherium in the near future. But others don't agree with them. Some even say that they are scammers which isn't the case.

In my opinion, really objective ratings are impossible, they will always subjective. As you said, everyone has his own preferences, ideological orientation, opinions. I think REPU won't fundamentally change that, I would already be glad if they could eliminate any kind of fake ratings.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:33:02 PM

This idea is very good. if to enter into agreements with world-famous critics, this will inspire more confidence in customers about spravedlivosti assessments on this platform

What about using REPU as a general hub for all kinds of reviews, hotels restaurants,books,movies or else? like imdb ratings, booking.com ratings in one app?

I think it's of course about rating and reviews, but i think the underlying system is a identification system you can trust. You can trust that the written review or given rating is done by an actual person and not some fake review of a company trying to hype their own product.
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

In my opinion, really objective ratings are impossible, they will always subjective. As you said, everyone has his own preferences, ideological orientation, opinions. I think REPU won't fundamentally change that, I would already be glad if they could eliminate any kind of fake ratings.
Each person has his own point of view. And two identical opinions can not be. One not like one thing, the second another. That is why we need a network that will be able to make an average opinion and the total mass of opinions.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:53:49 PM

Yep but even objective ratings can be unbiased
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:16:13 PM

Yes opinions are always subjective, that’s why it’s importàt to develop a system as smart as possible with huge volume, to represent most of opinions in good proportion, it’s a basis for rating system. REPU can become a big tools for reputation management, and develop a powerful rating tools.
Bolovich

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:24:39 PM

Yes opinions are always subjective, that’s why it’s importàt to develop a system as smart as possible with huge volume, to represent most of opinions in good proportion, it’s a basis for rating system. REPU can become a big tools for reputation management, and develop a powerful rating tools.
I also see a lot of potential on REPU because of that. I think that a system that gives an average of all opinions is a need, especially in some cases where there are all kinds of rumors and you do not know if the source is reliable or not.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:11:15 PM

Thats it, yes, and those who invested in the ICO will be able to test the beta even earlier, as for them there will be a closed beta testing round.  Wink
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:17:50 PM

I also see a lot of potential on REPU because of that. I think that a system that gives an average of all opinions is a need, especially in some cases where there are all kinds of rumors and you do not know if the source is reliable or not.

You guys are mixing up the relationship between quality and quantity of data; just having more volume of data does not improve the quality.
For example, if the mainstream media decide to maliciously destroy someone’s character they will write hit pieces to publish. This will lead to the brainless masses who read these articles  believing every word of it. The person could be totallly innocent, but the majority of opinion will be against them.

Vansire

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:06:25 PM

You're right. That's an important thing to remember that while Repu puts all ratings on the blockchain and filters out fake ratings, the ratings themselves can still be far from the truth. There's a danger in there, taking the Repu ratings too seriously because they've been verified.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:20:55 PM

This will be a big challenge for REPU's developers on how to make the platform fool proof and effective, but lets wait and see.
In my opinion this is the main big challenge. If this could be solved, repu will succeed and then you can take the solution for every purpose in every industry.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

This will be a big challenge for REPU's developers on how to make the platform fool proof and effective, but lets wait and see.
In my opinion this is the main big challenge. If this could be solved, repu will succeed and then you can take the solution for every purpose in every industry.

Even if it doesn't, no system is 100% fool proof, you just need to give an acceptable level

Vansire

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:59:36 AM

Another situation that's going to be hard to fix: rivals downrating each other. Obviously sports clubs (but who cares if they have bullshit ratings), but also competing businesses. Their employees will be accepted as real ratings since they're real people, but they could be given a little bonus from their boss to downrate the competitor.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:40:51 AM

Another situation that's going to be hard to fix: rivals downrating each other. Obviously sports clubs (but who cares if they have bullshit ratings), but also competing businesses. Their employees will be accepted as real ratings since they're real people, but they could be given a little bonus from their boss to downrate the competitor.

I imagine the problems could be partially solve using AI and some data provided by users, the system could detect if a person has an interest in the subject, and thus reduce by a certain percent the points given, its all based on a big database collected to the users and that must be given in order to rate something, so once you put that information you won't be able to replace it for one year for example, because tht will be your personal data qhere the system could calculate how accurate and valuable the rating you give is, so this will make the reputation system more accurate, though not perfect, but worse is nothign XD.
maryannsoriano1145

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:52:03 AM

ill be watching it closely and keep myself uptodate with the latest of this project
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:12:09 AM

I haven't been here a few days, is there any news about the project, new partnerships, something else?

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:51:04 AM

Would be nice to hear from the devs how they would like to overcome this problem. An AI can surely filter out false ratings but is probably not suitable for for payed people who downvote something
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 195 »
  Print  

Jump to: