Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:05:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81860 times)
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:01:16 AM

Well its actually self explanatory... If the company behind the ICO/ token dissapears, dies, runs out of funds, or simply buys lambos and blows all the ICO cash leaving development screwed... Aka... Fails.

Well then your investment (tokens you hold) become uterly worthless and you move on...
Happens all the time actually.

These we call Shitcoins and there is a mountain of them on nearly every exchange.

Welcome to the wonderous world of crypto  Grin

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:13:08 AM

If ICO fails, you can only sell tokens cheaply. Roll Eyes
If no one wants to buy the tokens, they become worthless.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Refozzblaze

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:21:29 AM

if ico doesn't reach the soft cap then they have to return the investor's money, even though there aren't many projects that fail to reach the soft cap
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:32:00 AM

If softcap does not reach then they will give back the investors money. However, if the softcap reached and the hardcap did not, the  project will still go on. There are also instances that they will just run away with your money.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:33:31 AM

Usually they will give back your money, this process usually automatically. Just make sure you pick a legit project or you'll lose your money.
Alex Foman

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:52:25 AM

Better not to guess. And try to spend more time a reliable ICO. To be sure of sure that everything will go as it should. And do not worry about the work of the chosen company
3kpk3

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:10:41 AM

Well its actually self explanatory... If the company behind the ICO/ token dissapears, dies, runs out of funds, or simply buys lambos and blows all the ICO cash leaving development screwed... Aka... Fails.

Well then your investment (tokens you hold) become uterly worthless and you move on...
Happens all the time actually.

These we call Shitcoins and there is a mountain of them on nearly every exchange.

Welcome to the wonderous world of crypto  Grin
Well put. This is the obvious problem with ICOs and this is why it is so damn risky investing into this extremely volatile market. Invest only what you are willing to lose. If you are not willing to lose your money, I advise you to stay away from this market. I have seen so many ICOs go down the gutter due to different reasons which you stated which is why I always advise doing proper research before investing into any particular ICO.

minhchien9abandat

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

I knew a ICO fail. it is coinstock (IOX) exchange. because they didn't enough investing money. Then Dev team has sent ETH come back investor and said sorry
Mr.Gun

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:22:47 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
Generally, ICO has a soft cap, and if this one isn't reached the project refunds the participants, but this doesn't happen always
What happens next if you invest in ICO you will not get any profit and with that now more people are investing in cryptocurrency to make a profit so from now on there are so many scam ICOs and many people are afraid to invest in ICO

gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:47:02 AM

It's depends on company. Some ICO return money. But some fraud. And some still working by spreading after ICO end.
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:24:37 AM

a lot of scammers with new projects appeared! I think if the project is not originally a scam, then this project has every chance to collect the right amount of money! any project that has already raised money, this project will grow in price more than once! The main thing is not to get on scammers, only this year more than 3000 companies closed - because they turned out to be a scam!
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:27:46 AM

An ICO can succeed to raise enough funds, but it can fail after the release of the tokens. Price of the tokens can fall very very low.
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:07:12 AM

In my understanding, if an ICO is not successful then they will not continue further and the worst case scenario is they will just leave the investors behind and same thing with the bounty hunters were they will also left in mid air just like the few ICO's that I had joined. I hope even if not successful, they should not leave behind the people who had supported their project instead, they should look for an immediate solution.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

If that ICO honest then they will return the investments they receive. However, generally there will be additional pieces a few percents and some are not. Depending on how regulations in ICO. but also need to be careful if the ICO is found to be a scam. Surely other and investments fared will not be returned.
deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:24:06 AM

If project is legit and team members are positive with there project then mostly they carry on with whatever they collect and start development of the project and some of leave holes and refund to investors.
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:27:07 AM

If you did not collect softcap, then it happened that you did not return money to investors, and if you collected and ICO was successful, you will be credited with tokens.
hewbrowden

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:27:46 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
Typically, people do not get their investments back, because most of the bad ICOs are a scam. But if the project was honest then the money will be turned.
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:38:08 AM

Thank You Everyone.
It depends on the ICO you invest if they refund it or if they run away with your money. Because not all unsuccessful ICO will be honest to their investor so next time you invest in ICO make sure you research their project deeply.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Elena.Rybakova28

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 08:49:43 AM

From that what I heard usual ICO send back money if they don't reach softcap because if they don't send money back does it make them a scam ICO?
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 08:53:25 AM

Thank You Everyone.

It depends on how and when (at what stage) those ICOs fail, most of ICO that failed during fund raising, they will give the money back to investors, as long as they are not a scam/fraud ICO, if the ICO is a scam/fraud from the start then you will lost your money, thats why you need to do research before investing. On the other hand if ICO was successful on Fund Raising, then they develop their platform, their token entered exchange, but later on they fail to grow, than you will lost your money at all, except you can anticipate it and sell your token before it is too late. Investment is never an easy thing,

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: