Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:45:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81853 times)
Elizabeth4Mitchell

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:25:06 PM

If ICO fails and you are investing on that ICO depends on the ICO if self. If they are a legit ICO they will refund your investment back to you but if that ICO is scammer so you will lose your money and never get return to you.
So that means that in a country that has not been legalized, can we totally lose?!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

If the ICO fails, there is usually a refund of investors investing in the ICO. So an investor who invests and the ICO fails. Then they will get their funds back. That is very good if investing in ICO.

simapple

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:52:03 PM

Yes, there were probably no such ICO yet, which would return their money to their investors. Most of them stop working on their products after they have collected the necessary amount.
Elizabeth4Mitchell

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:28:14 AM

Yes, there were probably no such ICO yet, which would return their money to their investors. Most of them stop working on their products after they have collected the necessary amount.

I see a lot of ICO projects for investors. Currently, up to 90% of ICOs declare complete refunds to investors. Some local exchanges are also planning to reimburse their customers. The fact that the People's Bank of China (the "PBoC") banned the ICO, which forced all project owners to stop calling and paying back to investors immediately, could have pushed the market. In the real panic, but fortunately, the result so far is not too negative.

However, it is not yet known if there will be any new bans in the future.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:52:22 AM

If the ico fails then you most probably have lost all your money.I was a part of one such ico which was confido and they closed their ico saying that they are gonna buy back the tokens with the WTH they have. That's the best you can hope for.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
alex3.alex03

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:01:03 AM

Most projects do not list their coins and it turns out we just spent time wasted. But there are projects that provide some bonuses.
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:21:58 AM

Before you invest in ANY ICO, be sure you did your research regarding that ICO! Because these days, there are a ton, by I mean TONS. There are TONS of SCAM ICOs popping out there on a DAILY BASIS! So you could lose your money first when the ICO goes to Scam mode, second is,  you can lose your money when the ICO team does not perform well with the project and the community is not so happy about their performance, so price goes down well, Third is, during this Bear Market we are experiencing rate now, most of the ICOs getting listed on exchanges get dumped the same day they are listed so most of the time, you lose money on most ICOs unless you are very lucky and you did VERY VERY VERY WELL on your research that their team and their MARKETING TEAM performed 1000% on the project and they DID PRETTY WELL on the project and they are VERY LUCKY!

luckybanker

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 01:27:12 PM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Hi, I think you should define first what is your requirement of a successful ICO? Is it if they reached the soft cap/hard cap only? But what if they reached the soft cap/hard cap during ICO but the prices were dumped when listed in an exchange? Is it a fail for you?
Then again, what if the soft cap/hardcap were reached, the prices were not dumped and multiplied ten times after exchanges but the dev team failed to deliver the project and its use cases. Is it still a success for you having your investment profitted ten times?

Innercore
Infrastructure Platform for Decentralized Applications(DApps)
https://innercore.network
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:47:39 PM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Usually, if they failed to raised enough funds for their ICO, they will refund your money of coins that you use to buy their tokens.
But there are some ICOs turned to be a scam project after they failed, and not giving money back to the contributors.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Quinni

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:54:49 PM

Isn't that easy? The price of eth continues to fall, and fewer people will buy it, so the price will definitely go down, the money in the market will flow to BTC, and the price of BTC will go up.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Zykexia

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 02:36:49 PM

If you are an investor, and your are participating with a legit ICO, then your money will be refunded when the ICO failed.
carcas

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:00:20 PM

If the project fails to reach softcap usually their project has several options to make their project reach a minimum of softcap ie extend the token sale period and pause the token sale until market conditions recover.
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:13:00 PM

Like most business, if it fails there is nothing left apart from the poorly spent money and many people left without their saving.

normal.80

Activity: 319
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

It won't. On the contrary, perhaps in the future, they will come up with a different platform running on the blockchain, which will allow to achieve investment in an honest way.

kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:35:55 AM

Thank You Everyone.
There is no law about this situation. If they are legal, but they can not raise the amount they need to start the project, they will return your investments. If they are scrum, they will run away and you lose your money.
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:46:19 AM

Thank You Everyone.
There is no law about this situation. If they are legal, but they can not raise the amount they need to start the project, they will return your investments. If they are scrum, they will run away and you lose your money.
if the project fails to achieve ico target of course the investor's funds will be returned, but if it fails in its development then it has become a risk of all investors, because it can not profit from the investment made, so before investing should be considered well, the project really has a future or not
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:52:31 AM

If the ico fails then you most probably have lost all your money.I was a part of one such ico which was confido and they closed their ico saying that they are gonna buy back the tokens with the WTH they have. That's the best you can hope for.
Confido was a scam ICO (and they already ran with all of investors' money). You shouldn't say that as a fail ico. IIRC the manager was Atriz, which has been negged now for some bad things he did while he managed other ICO.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

Well, there are so many reasons that may lead to the failure an ICO but whatever the reason might be, those who have invested their money into the ICO must get back a refund through a transparent and convenient process and without any delay. But as for bounty hunters, I don't think they are getting anything from it even if they do, it is of no use because there Will  be no exchange trade the tokens.
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:15:10 AM

If the ICO is not successful, of course, you will not get anything in return. So try to invest only in those projects that in any case will be beneficial to you
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:22:17 AM

as i know if ICO failed to run there project they will refund all the investors money, but they will not return the exact money you invest with the project. they will get at least 10% of your total money invested to them for the fees returning back to every investors. like for example gas and transaction fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: