Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81853 times)
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:01:07 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

If the devs are honest then they will return the funds, usually, they will only do this if they did not reach the softcap, be sure that you are investing in an ICO with real people behind it and they have physical office and of course they are compliant, to the country where they are located, there are so many fly by night ICO now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prime20

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 09:04:26 AM

Some real ICOs who are unable to meet up with their soft cap refund their investors while some with the intention to scam their investors run away with it.
itssawai

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 09:07:53 AM

If any ICO fails to meet it's minimum target which is it's soft cap most probably it will refund your money unless they have some malicious intent and run away with investor's funds. Some ICOs can plan another sale for a later date when they feel is good time in the market. But I would recommend investing only in best ICO which have huge probability of reaching hard cap and could be profitable to investors because most average or not so good ICOs get dumped hard on exchanges and it would take forever to stable again.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:20:34 AM

If you invest in a good ICO with good legal backing, if it fails, the money you invested will be returned, but it is a scam ICO on the other hand, then your investment is gone. I would urge you to always do your research first before investing into any.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:24:37 AM

If the company is genuine enough, then they usually refund back all of their investors.
But, if a company is full of scammers, they would run away with all of your money and would leave no trace behind.
This is the reason why people are always afraid to invest in ICOs. People don't want to risk their hard earned money by investing in such fraud ICOs
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:05:41 AM

There are too few honest ICOS returning investors ' funds now. Most just disappear from the resulting millions of what is happening in 80% of cases. You need to be careful.
CryptoqueenM9

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 05:06:32 AM

If the ico is honest, then they will give you your tokens back.  Many projects have smart contracts that automatically return tokens if the softcap is not met.
Arcanefist

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:14:41 AM

A good ICO should return all the money to investors in case they do not achieve the desired result. But, unfortunately, mostly ICO just disappear with the received investments
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:33:30 AM

for now we must be more careful in the Ico program.
we must be smarter to choose projects that plan to invest capital ...
because from my experience when I followed Ico and bought tokens but didn't get paid at all. and I feel disappointed even though I tried to ask again ..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Temmy007

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:35:38 AM

It all depends on how legit they are and if they have regulations; if not; they would run away with your money;
Lambervenr

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:39:09 AM

If they fail to reach their targets, they will usually (but not always) provide refunds to investors.  But if you've invested and the project fails at some point in the future, you just lose your money -- that's the big risk you take.  In all cases, it's really important to do your research on the project, its principals and advisors, the whitepaper, etc.
raptorez

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:41:04 AM

If the ICO process fails, the crypto-currency world will obviously fail, because the crypto-currencies will stop creating a new project, which means that the inflow of new funds into projects will cease, and there will be an opportunity to work with projects from the projects.
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:43:38 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Most of the ICO projects have set a minimum limit (softcap) and maximum limit (hardcap) as a target for fundraising. Which is intended for clarity in the next development stage. If the fund collection does not touch the soft cap, the project will usually be stopped and all investor funds will be returned.

But before you invest in an ICO, it's good to read carefully their rules, their projects, their team so you can assess for yourself what risks you will endure.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
Britanshio

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

Thank You Everyone.

If the ICO fails then your money will be lost, there is no history ico will return your money when ico failed. that's impossible.  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

If ICO will fail to achieve there expected target to earn then it will lead us to scams and your capital fund you invest will diminished in just short period of time, so let us hope that this will be a good solution in this matter.
Perumweil

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:16:51 AM

How about we attempt to picture. When you contribute an ICO like you contribute to purchase the coin or token of that ICO. They pay to you by their coin or token. On the off chance that their task have a magnificent achievement, the cost of token or coin is flying, you can take your benefit. On the off chance that it's come up short, I think they have no obligation to pay you. In this angle, i'm simply taking about genuine ICO, not trick. In the event that they need to trick, there are a ton of thing to discuss that
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:03:43 PM

How about we attempt to picture. When you contribute an ICO like you contribute to purchase the coin or token of that ICO. They pay to you by their coin or token. On the off chance that their task have a magnificent achievement, the cost of token or coin is flying, you can take your benefit. On the off chance that it's come up short, I think they have no obligation to pay you. In this angle, i'm simply taking about genuine ICO, not trick. In the event that they need to trick, there are a ton of thing to discuss that

From my experience with Centra Tech then the even though the ICO was successful (based on their statements) they failed to pay the bounty participants and by this I was scammed too, then I received negative feedback because the centra tech team hadn't paid the participants even though it was not my responsibility but I understand how the DT members play with others especially those that want to take the job in every bounty then I understand that they want to eliminate the competitors (in this case me and many others)
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:12:43 PM

When ICO fail to hit the softcap then usually investors will get the refund. But if the project failed after hitting the exchange, the price of the token doesn't increase for a long time, then we can't do anything.
enriquemendez18

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:13:36 PM

They're supposed to return all the money to investors if it doesn't reach hardcap. Sometimes they'll just continue with it though.
Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:15:02 PM

Your money will be worth nothing more but zero. Worthless, if that will be the case. However, there are coins which are still being traded despite being abandoned. But I would rather not be involved or buy them out as it may implicitly means, you are accepting a 100% loss. Too sad, many ICOs come to an end even if it started huge, with big and bright future ahead of it, supportive community and bright development team. We really cannot tell a project will last longer as we expect them to be.
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 02:22:40 PM

When ICO fail to hit the softcap then usually investors will get the refund. But if the project failed after hitting the exchange, the price of the token doesn't increase for a long time, then we can't do anything.
but some of them still cointinue the projects.and some of them getting success while listing in market.in my opinion ico fund raising is too much if compare with real company capital to start their business.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: