Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

no, the efficiency of this chip is going to far exceed that of any of their closest competitors. 

Substantially above projections?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:31:08 PM

well, step back and think about it.  all they're asking you to do is tie up your BTC's for 4.5 mo.  if they don't deliver get a refund.  that's not bad at all considering what they're developing, the full results of which have not been disclosed yet.

Yes, it is bad. If they were so "confident" of their schedule, they'd back it with refunds begining end of Oct. Offering refunds months later means they're not actually confident at all. Oct 20 shipment is just a lie to snag sales away from competitors. Slimy.

Buy & Hold
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:32:01 PM

no, the efficiency of this chip is going to far exceed that of any of their closest competitors. 

Substantially above projections?

Simon is a conservative man.  i just got off the phone with him.  his projections are inline with what he expects.  it's just that what he expects beats the pants off of the closest competitor. 
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:35:35 PM

well, step back and think about it.  all they're asking you to do is tie up your BTC's for 4.5 mo.  if they don't deliver get a refund.  that's not bad at all considering what they're developing, the full results of which have not been disclosed yet.

Yes, it is bad. If they were so "confident" of their schedule, they'd back it with refunds begining end of Oct. Offering refunds months later means they're not actually confident at all. Oct 20 shipment is just a lie to snag sales away from competitors. Slimy.

that's just your opinion.  how is setting a delivery date that doesn't match your expectation considered slimy just b/c you don't agree?  what about all the price cutting, reseller programs, and other inducements offered by other companies?  are those slimy too?  or are they ok b/c perhaps you have one of their machines on order?
crumbs

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:40:33 PM

Simon is a conservative man.  i just got off the phone with him.  his projections are inline with what he expects.  it's just that what he expects beats the pants off of the closest competitor. 

Who are these "closest competitors" & how many hashes per joule are *they* not hashing?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:41:55 PM

well, step back and think about it.  all they're asking you to do is tie up your BTC's for 4.5 mo.  if they don't deliver get a refund.  that's not bad at all considering what they're developing, the full results of which have not been disclosed yet.

that's just your opinion.  how is setting a delivery date that doesn't match your expectation considered slimy just b/c you don't agree?  what about all the price cutting, reseller programs, and other inducements offered by other companies?  are those slimy too?  or are they ok b/c perhaps you have one of their machines on order?

WTF?! Setting a delivery date that bears no relation to reality is entirely different to competitve pricing and standard marketing practice. It's similar to maxing out your credit cards with orders you fully intend to later cancel, it would be deceitful...Angry

Either you commit to something, and be honest with all involved, or you don't.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:44:51 PM

Taking money and not offering any refunds up until 2-3 month after estimated delivery is "Slimy"

Taking money and offering a refund until shipping starts is not "slimy"

you can't say that.

you're assuming that KNC has the ability to perform refunds that deep into the order process.  what if they can't?  what if they're willing to say anything to get orders in?  not saying that's what they're doing but i find it interesting how there are suddenly all these new inducements to get new buyers in or hold onto existing ones.

HashFast has a policy that they've been consistent with since day one.  you happen to not like it.  you therefore have the right to not buy.  but to put value judgments onto HashFast via the word "slimy" is plain ridiculous.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:46:48 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 10:08:12 PM by cypherdoc

WTF?! Setting a delivery date that bears no relation to reality is entirely different to competitve pricing and standard marketing practice. It's similar to maxing out your credit cards with orders you fully intend to later cancel, it would be deceitful...Angry

"bears no relation to reality".

what if you're wrong?  are you willing to stake your reputation based on your apparent certainty?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:00:10 PM

HashFast has a policy that they've been consistent with since day one.  you happen to not like it.  you therefore have the right to not buy.  but to put value judgments onto HashFast via the word "slimy" is plain ridiculous.

"Shipping in October" is a lie, and they know it, which is why refunds won't be honored until months later. Very slimy.

Buy & Hold
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

Taking money and not offering any refunds up until 2-3 month after estimated delivery is "Slimy"

you can't say that.

you're assuming that KNC has the ability to perform refunds that deep into the order process.  what if they can't?  what if they're willing to say anything to get orders in?  not saying that's what they're doing but i find it interesting how there are suddenly all these new inducements to get new buyers in or hold onto existing ones.

Who said anything about KnC?

I also only used the word "Slimy" since you were throwing it around.

But either way, you are making huge assumptions. How do we know HashFast will even be able to refund that late in the game if they fail to deliver? It's stupid to even bring this up because it is PURE speculation with no fact basis.

If you offer a refund anytime before your delivery that is good business.

To hold onto funds for longer because of delays is bad business.

Also you mention HashFast policy like you were the only one that met with them personally. I distinctly remember them saying that they wanted to win over customers by making them feel like they had nothing to worry about and build a trusting relationship with them. Their current Pre-Order policy isn't holding by that standard.

can you read?  where was the word slimy mentioned at all before you used it?

by referring to refund policies up until delivery you're clearly referring to KNC.  and by having an order with them you are biased.

once again, you're placing your value judgments on HF by calling a refund policy out to Dec 31 "slimy".  as long as they're understood up front it's not slimy.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:05:00 PM

"Shipping in October" is a lie, and they know it, which is why refunds won't be honored until months later. Very slimy.

your opinion, not theirs.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:07:00 PM

Well, I guess we'll find out in a few months. Should be interesting.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:08:34 PM

Well, I guess we'll find out in a few months. Should be interesting.

most definitely.
crumbs

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:11:14 PM

You psyched DeadTerra is perfectly nonplussed after his little stunt? Cheesy
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:26:51 PM

cypherdoc
Syke
cypherdoc

you can't say that.

Who said anything about KnC?

I also only used the word "Slimy" since you were throwing it around.

But either way, you are making huge assumptions. How do we know HashFast will even be able to refund that late in the game if they fail to deliver? It's stupid to even bring this up because it is PURE speculation with no fact basis.

If you offer a refund anytime before your delivery that is good business.

To hold onto funds for longer because of delays is bad business.

Also you mention HashFast policy like you were the only one that met with them personally. I distinctly remember them saying that they wanted to win over customers by making them feel like they had nothing to worry about and build a trusting relationship with them. Their current Pre-Order policy isn't holding by that standard.

can you read?  where was the word slimy mentioned at all before you used it?

by referring to refund policies up until delivery you're clearly referring to KNC.  and by having an order with them you are biased.

once again, you're placing your value judgments on HF by calling a refund policy out to Dec 31 "slimy".  as long as they're understood up front it's not slimy.

I normally would delete most of these quotes but apparently I can't read.....

Please find the above texts in red for your reading pleasure.

By you having an order with HashFast you are Biased....

Who cares what you interpret the word "slimy" to be. It's not a good policy regardless if they want to appear trustworthy and with their customers in mind.

If HashFast's goal was to shoot themselves in the foot by "Hiring" you, mission accomplished.

wow, you are one vindictive dude.  your implication was that i was the one first accusing ppl of being slimy and thus getting down into the mud with the likes of you.  i was responding to Syke, can't you read?

guys like you are having a field day walking into the HF threads and throwing your accusations around along with your FUD just cuz you know the company won't defend themselves b/c they're too busy working.  do you see me walking into the KNC thread and throwing around a bunch of FUD?  no.

i'm not an employee of the company nor do i represent them.  thus, i can deal with guys like you anyway i want. 
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:29:15 PM

cypherdoc is (mostly) to Hashfast what Bitcoinorama is (mostly) to KNCminer.

You're welcome.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:30:14 PM

do you see me walking into the KNC thread and throwing around a bunch of FUD?  no.

Right here;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2911943#msg2911943

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:32:17 PM

do you see me walking into the KNC thread and throwing around a bunch of FUD?  no.

Right here;

that refers to the self righteous guys who come into the HF threads to throw around FUD about HF and accuse me of being a shill; not anything to do with a slam against KNC.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:36:03 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 10:53:48 PM by Bitcoinorama

do you see me walking into the KNC thread and throwing around a bunch of FUD?  no.

Right here;

that refers to the self righteous guys who come into the HF threads to throw around FUD and accuse me of being a shill; not anything to do with a slam against KNC.

I'm not throwing around FUD, I'm not receiving any payment, reselling, or an affiliate of KnC. I wouldn't want the responsibility of being held directly accountable to anything unless a chip has been demonstrated working.

You're not a shill, you're a paid representative. Keep up the good work.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:37:25 PM

that refers to the self righteous guys who come into the HF threads to throw around FUD about HF and accuse me of being a shill; not anything to do with a slam against KNC.

Um, you are a shill.

What do you think that word means?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: