Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux)  (Read 784629 times)
liyuchang

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 03:29:01 AM

Hi there,

I got a strange problem, not sure if anyone here can help.

I only mine during an off-peak time, appex 12hrs a day so I use windows 10 task scheduler set up the timers ex: when to start the miner and when to close. However, I note that when the miner is started by the task scheduler, the hashrate is lower (around 293mhs) than I check the miner shortcuts on my desktop myself (around 300mhs). I'm pretty sure that they are running the same file. I know it's odd, but when I close the miner which was started by the task scheduler and open it again via desktop shortcuts, I got a normal hashrate. So pretty sure, it's something to do with the task scheduler, but not sure where to start. I tried to set the task with high privilege, but still the same. ANy suggest??

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FalcaoFalcao

Activity: 4
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 03:56:55 AM
Merited by xandry (2)

Hi there,

I only mine during an off-peak time, appex 12hrs a day so I use windows 10 task scheduler set up the timers ex: when to start the miner and when to close. However, I note that when the miner is started by the task scheduler, the hashrate is lower (around 293mhs) than I check the miner shortcuts on my desktop myself (around 300mhs). I'm pretty sure that they are running the same file. I know it's odd, but when I close the miner which was started by the task scheduler and open it again via desktop shortcuts, I got a normal hashrate. So pretty sure, it's something to do with the task scheduler, but not sure where to start. I tried to set the task with high privilege, but still the same. ANy suggest??

Hum, strange indeed! I would suggest the following:

1- Set the scheduler to restart your pc at the desired time you wish to mine (https://v2cloud.com/tutorials/how-to-configure-windows-to-reboot-automatically-on-schedule)

2-Set your PhoenixMiner.exe file to run as an administrator (Properties > Compatibility > Settings - Run this program as an administrator)

3- Create a shortcut of your start_miner batch file and cut it

4- press the windows logo, type run, enter (to open the run app), then type shell:startup and paste your batch file shortcut there (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).

Now everytime your pc restarts it's going to start your miner, with the minor inconvenience of you having to manually close the miner when you do not wish to mine...

See if that helps with your hashrate issue. I use the startup thing on my pc and haven't had any issues so far.
liyuchang

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 04:22:21 AM

Hi there,

1- Set the scheduler to restart your pc at the desired time you wish to mine (https://v2cloud.com/tutorials/how-to-configure-windows-to-reboot-automatically-on-schedule)

2-Set your PhoenixMiner.exe file to run as an administrator (Properties > Compatibility > Settings - Run this program as an administrator)

4- press the windows logo, type run, enter (to open the run app), then type shell:startup and paste your batch file shortcut there (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).

Now everytime your pc restarts it's going to start your miner, with the minor inconvenience of you having to manually close the miner when you do not wish to mine...

See if that helps with your hashrate issue. I use the startup thing on my pc and haven't had any issues so far.

Thx for the suggestion.

The reason I use scheduler not startup folder is that can set up the delay time. I dual mine monero with XMR-Stak RX miner and put XMR-Stak RX miner to the startup as when I tried to set XMR-Stak RX miner in the scheduler, it starts without any setting each time (still not sure why). So I use scheduler for PhoenixMiner and delay 4mins to start after login so the windows will earn a bit of time to log XMR-Stak RX miner, afterburner, watchdog, and TeamViewer...etc before starting PhoenixMiner.

I have just tried to put PhoenixMiner in the startup folder with XMR-Stak RX miner and watchdog. This time I got around 298mhs, still lower than manually check the shortcuts, which always stay above 300mhs. so strange

Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 06:33:44 AM

Hi there,

Thx for the suggestion.

The reason I use scheduler not startup folder is that can set up the delay time. I dual mine monero with XMR-Stak RX miner and put XMR-Stak RX miner to the startup as when I tried to set XMR-Stak RX miner in the scheduler, it starts without any setting each time (still not sure why). So I use scheduler for PhoenixMiner and delay 4mins to start after login so the windows will earn a bit of time to log XMR-Stak RX miner, afterburner, watchdog, and TeamViewer...etc before starting PhoenixMiner.

I have just tried to put PhoenixMiner in the startup folder with XMR-Stak RX miner and watchdog. This time I got around 298mhs, still lower than manually check the shortcuts, which always stay above 300mhs. so strange

I run all miners from Task Scheduler in win10, it's the most convenient. Absolutely no reason for degraded performance, if anything it should be better if the task is configured properly. (and I have XMRig starting with delay after the dag generation)
You can try to check "run with highest privileges", I do sysinternals autologon and run task on any user logon.
oskoa

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 03:53:35 PM

Hello, i have 4 computers with some cards in theirs.

I have problemas only with 1 PC, (who have only 4 GB ram memory) and the problem is GPU1: Allocating buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer (-4)

idk if the problem is by insuficient RAM memory, but its the same/Similar config in all pcs

my others PC have: (are 4 in total, 3 good 1 bad)

8 -8 - 32 GB RAM
20 GB in virtual memory
Windows 7 in one. Windows 10 1909 in the others
Driver 19.7.5

And never have a problem and have 3 cards for less in each pc.

The problematic PC have only 4 GB of RAM memory and windows 10 20H2, the rest config is the same with the others pcs

Targonis

Activity: 56
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 04:58:06 PM

Compute mode does not apply to RDNA 1 or 2 cards due to the GPU design of RDNA being gaming focused and not compute focused.   As a result, Radeon VII and earlier MAY have a compute mode option in the Radeon Settings, but I believe that setting was removed back in November of 2019 or somewhere around then(I could be wrong).

I hope this helps...

Hi, Jameous! Did you check if your GPU is in Compute mode in AMD Radeon Software instead of Graphics mode? (settings > Graphics > Advanced > GPU workload > compute) I've got an RX 570 and I'm getting about 30 MH/s. I'm using the following commands in the start_miner.bat file for the Binance pool:

Hope this helps,

Falcão

[edit]

By the way, my setup is pretty old :

Asus Rampage 3 Extreme (over 12 years old)

i7 965 OC to 3.6 MHz

6 GB of DDR3 RAM @1333 MHz

[edit 2]

Just did a little research on your MOBO and it is as old as mine, same cpu socket (LGA 1366) and chipset (X 58), so I'd guess your issues are in fact related to your GPU's settings

Yes, I've tried everything. First off, compute mode does not appear in MY ATI settings, IF it even fully launches! It gets stuck and have to shut down and reboot. I'm on 21.4.1, so it should be there, and I looked on a computer running a RX470, and it was there, so I know where it is. I can set it with some program I found from somewhere, AND I have my script in PM do it to when it launches, and that does nothing. (I've tried the mining driver, and a doz others and still nothing changes it)

I've OC and UV'd, and that helps a bit, but only from low 9s to sometimes high 9s.

I've also tried some BIOS mods that were custom made for my card and those just shut everything down after a few seconds, and no, not heat related as it never got above 55c.

I just checked your mobo and it has "PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2", so, thanks for the try, but that does not answer my question about PCIe 2.0 mobo being my issue.

Maybe someone with an old moldy potato with PCIe 2.0 and a RX 580 can try to replicate, or has had this happen can chime in?

Thanks tho!

this is enabling compute for dev0:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"KMD_EnableInternalLargePage"=dword:00000002
rozsada

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 05:37:01 AM

I have problemas only with 1 PC, (who have only 4 GB ram memory) and the problem is GPU1: Allocating buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer (-4)

idk if the problem is by insuficient RAM memory, but its the same/Similar config in all pcs

8 -8 - 32 GB RAM
20 GB in virtual memory
Driver 19.7.5

The problematic PC have only 4 GB of RAM memory and windows 10 20H2, the rest config is the same with the others pcs

increase your hard drive space!
rozsada

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 05:43:40 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2021, 06:30:13 AM by rozsada

error: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full

this error occurs when miner switchs to DevFee mining and can not connect to the pool

Is it any idea how to fix it?
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 02:31:49 PM

error: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full

this error occurs when miner switchs to DevFee mining and can not connect to the pool

It is virus. You probably downloaded miner from another source. If you have make fresh windows install or try clean and download miner from 1st page from developer.
rozsada

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 06:03:30 PM

It is virus. You probably downloaded miner from another source. If you have make fresh windows install or try clean and download miner from 1st page from developer.

Thanks, I'll try
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 06:06:59 PM

8 -8 - 32 GB RAM
20 GB in virtual memory
Driver 19.7.5

increase your hard drive space!

Funny i mine on 4gb total system ram and no drives just thumbdrive.  i think maybe you are doing this wrong.
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 4046

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2021, 06:21:44 AM

The new beta version is finally ready. You can download PhoenixMiner 5.7a from here
Warning! Do not trust this user!
1. His second from last post was made four years ago, so it’s probably hacked account.
2. Only reliable source for miner is https://phoenixminer.info:

IMPORTANT! Recently Github.com started deleting the repos of popular mining software devs, and on May 12th they terminated our account without any explanation. This time we were prepared, so we have moved our binaries to our own host. You can find the latest version of PhoenixMiner (as well as older releases and beta versions) here:

https://phoenixminer.info/downloads/

Already reported to the board moderator.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rainbowminer

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2021, 08:13:04 AM

The new beta version is finally ready. You can download PhoenixMiner 5.7a from here:

Beware! This is SCAM. Do not download, there is no 5.7a version.

Only download from https://phoenixminer.info/downloads

EDIT: original post already deleted. Thousand thanks to the very quick moderators. Scammers are a pest.

RainbowMiner developer https://rbminer.net
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5050211.0
retro_grade

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 02:08:32 AM

Running a 3090 with Phoenix. 

Anyways, I recently updated my Nvidia driver (in an attempt to reduce my screen randomly going black for 1-2 seconds in the middle of games), and now my -tt -75 command isn't working.  I used to use it to make my GPU fan a max 75% speed (so i wouldn't blow out the bearings in a week, and for my own sanity).  It definitely reduced my hash rate but kept things bearable.

Now I get:
GPU1: Unable to set fixed fan speed 75% - nv error -137

I'd like to not be stuck on my old driver version since this card is relatively new (I did verify that rolling back drivers fixes this issue)

are there any workarounds to set my GPU fan speed to 75% without having to go into my card's awful software every time i just wanna run the script?  It was very convenient that it just happened when I ran the script.

I've also tried -fcm 2 and -fanmax 75 (which still allows the fan to go to 100% so.. wtf?)
NukePwr

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 09:11:54 PM

I have used this miner for a few years and always had good experiences using it. I recently updated to the 5.6d and the payouts that I am receiving are very small compared to the last 1000 rounds. I was getting .0001 to , .0005 for large share payouts that I mined. Now I am getting .00003 to .00004 this is not even worth mining for. Why am I seeing the drastic change in share payouts? They are minuscule. My miner has not changed nothing has changed except my payouts have shrunk to the tune of the hundredths thousands decimal place....

Why? I reverted back to the previous version and the same issue with payouts. I ran for 24 hours and accumulated nothing, compared to 2 weeks ago. Anyone know what is going on??? Angry
tonyhinkle

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2021, 09:16:26 PM

I have used this miner for a few years and always had good experiences using it. I recently updated to the 5.6d and the payouts that I am receiving are very small compared to the last 1000 rounds. I was getting .0001 to , .0005 for large share payouts that I mined. Now I am getting .00003 to .00004 this is not even worth mining for. Why am I seeing the drastic change in share payouts? They are minuscule. My miner has not changed nothing has changed except my payouts have shrunk to the tune of the hundredths thousands decimal place....

Why? I reverted back to the previous version and the same issue with payouts. I ran for 24 hours and accumulated nothing, compared to 2 weeks ago. Anyone know what is going on??? Angry

Mining ETH is just not as profitable at this time.  Miner profit fluctuates, and right now it is not that great.
dazmann

Activity: 45
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 19, 2021, 07:02:07 PM
Merited by xandry (2)

Block rewards are reduced.
Blocks would pay between 3 to 6 ETH, now its been below 3 ETH for weeks.
abg00

Activity: 288
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 07:03:51 PM

plz add amd 6800 6900 native kernel support plz

have error  unable to set straps - unsupported GPU

swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1234

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 20, 2021, 07:57:59 PM

The Powercolor Red Devil Rx 6800 XT,if power for example goes down,or internet doesn't work for some minutes,the miner completely crash one card or two and I have to make a few restarts before they stabilize.After stabilizing they work great for days without interruption if no power outages or internet connection problems.Can you fix this in the upcoming version?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ernestoxy

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2021, 09:15:13 PM

PM is now included in Awsome Miner ! NICE!

The second the hardware cmd's works all the rigs switch to PM. Undecided Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: